• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
ZUD Plugin [v20.1]

Resource ZUD Plugin [v20.1] v1.2.5

Lucidious89

Champion
In power_moves.txt when a [ZMOVE] has a move that is not of the same type than the zmove it occur something estrange, example i put a move with fire type and a zmove with fighting type and it will use Inferno Overdrive? Btw can't i just use the [ZMOVE] without defining a move?
It's not really strange, you're just using the plugin outside of how it was meant to be used. Exclusive Z-Moves are supposed to be based on moves of the same type. So when you set up a scenario that it doesn't recognize, it considers the Z-Move invalid, so it defaults to what the standard Z-Move would be for the base move instead.

And no, you can't set up a Z-Move without defining a move. Then it wouldn't be a Z-Move. You need a base move for the Z-Move to draw its attributes from.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated ZUD Plugin [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.1.8 Update

• Fixed a bug that could cause an error when forcing a Pokemon to faint when using Deluxe Battle features.
  • Fixed a bug that would reset the Dynamax eligibility flag set on a Pokemon whenever its stats were recalculated.
  • Added new functionality that lets you flag opposing Pokemon as ineligible to Dynamax. This allows you to set up opponents who may use other battle mechanics such as Battle Styles and Terastallization even if Dynamax should normally out-prioritize these mechanics...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
It says Walking Wake is not compatible with Watarium and Dragonium Z and Iron Leaves with its.
I mean, does Walking Wake not know any compatible Water or Dragon-type moves when you try to give it a Z-Crystal? The species shouldn't be relevant at all for generic type-based Z-Moves, only for exclusive Z-Moves.

super saiyan eevee

Rookie
1681326583537.png

I'm getting this error when I throw out a gen 9 pokemon. Is there something I need to do to make gen 9 compatible with this plugin? It's weird because I created test fakemon that would be number 1011 and 1012 with the exact data, other than slight name changes, from Enamorous and Spriggatito and they worked fine.

EDIT:
Just to clarify, I added these plugins prior to adding the ZUD plugin in this order: V20.1 hotfixes, Essentials Deluxe, Gen 8, Gen 9, Bag screen with interactable pokemon.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
View attachment 17240

I'm getting this error when I throw out a gen 9 pokemon. Is there something I need to do to make gen 9 or custom pokemon compatible with this plugin?

EDIT:
Just to clarify, I added these plugins prior to adding the ZUD plugin in this order: V20.1 hotfixes, Essentials Deluxe, Gen 8, Gen 9, Bag screen with interactable pokemon.
As stated in the Essentials Deluxe instructions, you must start a new game after installation.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated ZUD Plugin [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.2 Update

IMPORTANT This update requires v1.2.5 of Essentials Deluxe to be installed. That update requires that you start a new game. IMPORTANT

• Max Raid Pokemon will now generate with a size value between 200-255.
  • When choosing to capture a weakened Max Raid Pokemon, the screen will now properly fade into the bag menu when selecting a ball.
  • A fleeing animation will now play when a Max Raid Pokemon...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion
Forgot to update the meta file with my last update. I reuploaded the file with the appropriate version number.

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Hey man! Wanted to say I love your plugins. You do a fantastic job! Thank you very much for all your hard work! I have two things I want to mention from the highest priority first.

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1] [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: ArgumentError Message: Invalid argument passed to method. Expected nil to be one of [Symbol, GameData::Move, String], but got NilClass.

Backtrace: Validation:29:in validate' GameData:92:inget' Pokemon_Move:16:in initialize' [ZUD Mechanics] Data_Pokemon.rb:312:ininitialize' [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_MoveConversion.rb:49:in new' [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_MoveConversion.rb:49:inconvert_maxmove' [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_MoveConversion.rb:23:in block in display_power_moves' [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_MoveConversion.rb:12:ineach' [ZUD Mechanics] Battler_MoveConversion.rb:12:in display_power_moves' [ZUD Mechanics] Scene.rb:107:inpbFightMenu_Dynamax'

I wanted to see if this error is salvageable before restarting from scratch. Tested by starting a new game and back tracking two days worth of work but, no luck so far. This only occurs whenever I do not compile on start up, but is perfectly working when compiled. If you need any documentation let me know.

Second, I notice and not sure if its on your end, but I noticed that after terastallize a pokemon, they can not longer Dynamax after a battle has concluded. Looked through the debug option and its eligibility becomes no.

Thanks for your time.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hey man! Wanted to say I love your plugins. You do a fantastic job! Thank you very much for all your hard work! I have two things I want to mention from the highest priority first.

I wanted to see if this error is salvageable before restarting from scratch. Tested by starting a new game and back tracking two days worth of work but, no luck so far. This only occurs whenever I do not compile on start up, but is perfectly working when compiled. If you need any documentation let me know.

Second, I notice and not sure if its on your end, but I noticed that after terastallize a pokemon, they can not longer Dynamax after a battle has concluded. Looked through the debug option and its eligibility becomes no.

Thanks for your time.
I'm not sure I get what the issue is with the first problem. If compiling solves everything, then what's the issue?
For the second problem - are you using the latest versions of all of the plugins? I feel like I fixed this bug ages ago.

Jangajinx

I'm not sure I get what the issue is with the first problem. If compiling solves everything, then what's the issue?
For the second problem - are you using the latest versions of all of the plugins? I feel like I fixed this bug ages ago.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. For the main issue it is only an issue when you do not start the game in the compiling mode, but if you start the game in compiling the game which you can only do in debug mode and not the normal launcher it does not pops up this error. The only way to pervent this is to always run the game compiling.

For the second thing, is just a bug report I believe I have the latest version of both mods as I added them on 06/30/23.

Lucidious89

Champion
Sorry if I wasn't clear. For the main issue it is only an issue when you do not start the game in the compiling mode, but if you start the game in compiling the game which you can only do in debug mode and not the normal launcher it does not pops up this error. The only way to pervent this is to always run the game compiling.

For the second thing, is just a bug report I believe I have the latest version of both mods as I added them on 06/30/23.
Ok, I see what the issue is with the second problem. I'll release an update which fixes it.

The first problem however, I cannot replicate whether I'm playing in Debug mode or not. So you'll have to be more specific on how, when, and where this error occurs.

Jangajinx

Ok, I see what the issue is with the second problem. I'll release an update which fixes it.

The first problem however, I cannot replicate whether I'm playing in Debug mode or not. So you'll have to be more specific on how, when, and where this error occurs.
Thanks! So after compiling the files, I can dynamax in the demo gym in essentials with any errors. When I restart and not compile I get this error when I press the button needed to dynamax I even tested this in other battles and it is not just the gym. I'll go download the update and see if that somehow fixes it. I can DM you my Credit documents and Dev log with everything I have in the game.

Not sure if you already updated the file on relic castle as of yet, but it seems terastallize Pokémon still lose their ability to dynamax. If you have not upadted this resource than let me know so I can redownload the file.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Thanks! So after compiling the files, I can dynamax in the demo gym in essentials with any errors. When I restart and not compile I get this error when I press the button needed to dynamax I even tested this in other battles and it is not just the gym. I'll go download the update and see if that somehow fixes it. I can DM you my Credit documents and Dev log with everything I have in the game.

Not sure if you already updated the file on relic castle as of yet, but it seems terastallize Pokémon still lose their ability to dynamax. If you have not upadted this resource than let me know so I can redownload the file.

Thank you!
I haven't updated anything yet until I know whether or not your first issue is a bug on my end, or something on your end.

But based on my testing so far, I can't replicate the issue you're having, so I'm assuming it's something you did. You're still going to have to be much more detailed about what you're doing. What Pokemon are you trying to Dynamax? What moves does it have? Did you try starting a new game?

Jangajinx

I haven't updated anything yet until I know whether or not your first issue is a bug on my end, or something on your end.

But based on my testing so far, I can't replicate the issue you're having, so I'm assuming it's something you did. You're still going to have to be much more detailed about what you're doing. What Pokemon are you trying to Dynamax? What moves does it have? Did you try starting a new game?
Oh sorry! I was referring to the second thing about "after terastallize a pokemon, they can not longer Dynamax after a battle has concluded. Looked through the debug option and its eligibility becomes no" problem. As I was checking out your last message "Ok, I see what the issue is with the second problem. I'll release an update which fixes it."

About the main error, It seems to be any Pokémon I try (I know very useful info), new game state as well, and did mostly celebi and the gen 1 starters. I think I will have to scrap the current build and start over. I think it might be one of those situations that something somehow got deleted or something since you are unable to replicate it on your end and since I backtrack my plugins and script changes to no solution.

I appreciate your efforts in trying your best to help me on my problem. I will have to make sure to test in both a compile state and normal state.

Lucidious89

Champion
Oh sorry! I was referring to the second thing about "after terastallize a pokemon, they can not longer Dynamax after a battle has concluded. Looked through the debug option and its eligibility becomes no" problem. As I was checking out your last message "Ok, I see what the issue is with the second problem. I'll release an update which fixes it."

About the main error, It seems to be any Pokémon I try (I know very useful info), new game state as well, and did mostly celebi and the gen 1 starters. I think I will have to scrap the current build and start over. I think it might be one of those situations that something somehow got deleted or something since you are unable to replicate it on your end and since I backtrack my plugins and script changes to no solution.

I appreciate your efforts in trying your best to help me on my problem. I will have to make sure to test in both a compile state and normal state.
Ok well, based on the error, the issue seems to be a move-related issue. It's basically saying that it can't find any compatible Max Move with one of (or all) the moves in the Pokemon's moveset. I don't really know how that could be though, considering there's at least one Max Move for every type, so there shouldn't be an issue where no Max Move can be found. Do you have the same issue with Z-Moves, too? Did you add any custom types or moves?

Back