• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] [DEPRECATED] v1.2.8

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I didn't noticed the enhanced Ui update, about the graphics i will recheck them. And yes, i've updated the essentials deluxe + zud recent updates, i'm keeping an eye about them in case.

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
So I'm using "beforeLast_foe", and when the trainer shows up to talk, right after I knock out their second to last mon, that mon's info box with the empty hp still shows while the trainer talks, then when they send in the last mon, it has no info box, and it only appears again after the "lowhp_final_foe"

Lucidious89

Champion
So I'm using "beforeLast_foe", and when the trainer shows up to talk, right after I knock out their second to last mon, that mon's info box with the empty hp still shows while the trainer talks, then when they send in the last mon, it has no info box, and it only appears again after the "lowhp_final_foe"
I see. The toggle to show/hide databoxes must be getting confused due to the databox naturally being hidden automatically from having the Pokemon faint. Ill look into that at some point.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Essentials Deluxe [v20.1] with a new update entry:

v1.1.2 Update

• Fixed an error that would accidentally hide/display the databoxes for fainted Pokemon in the incorrect order during midbattle trainer speech.
  • Cleaned up the order in which the trainer dialogue animation plays.
  • Fixed some minor issues related to the ZUD Plugin.
  • Updated the plugin so that it now requires version 1.0.5 of the Hotfixes plugin.

Note: When updating, please make a copy of any custom work you've added to Midbattle_Config. Updating the plugin...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.3 Update

• Fixed a bug that would cause crashes in the Safari Zone when used along side the Focus Meter plugin.
  • Moved some code for handling battle UI into this plugin to allow for smoother plugin compatibility.
  • Added a new script section that allows for the application of outlines around sprites. Used by the Enhanced UI plugin.
  • Added compatibility with the SOS Battles plugin.
  • Added final preparations for the PLA Battle Styles plugin.
  • Added "Mastery" to trainer data. This allows...

Ninten

Rookie
Greetings, could I get some assistance, cause I'm new and having some issues with the Pokedex forms after implementing this plugin.
One issue is that it seems that all Pokemon are sharing available forms. Example: See a shiny Bulbasaur, now you can view the shiny of all other Pokemon registered in the Pokedex. The second issue is that alternate forms of Pokemon with male and female genders will only register to the Pokedex if it is the male version. Example: Mega Evolve a female Venusaur and the Pokedex will do nothing, Mega Evolve a male Venusaur and only then will the Pokedex register it.
And yes before you ask, I followed the installation instructions (extracted into the folder + started a new save) and am using the latest version (1.1.3). I even tested this with a clean download of Essentials with only the hotfixes and this plugin added to it, and the issue persisted.

Lucidious89

Champion
Greetings, could I get some assistance, cause I'm new and having some issues with the Pokedex forms after implementing this plugin.
One issue is that it seems that all Pokemon are sharing available forms. Example: See a shiny Bulbasaur, now you can view the shiny of all other Pokemon registered in the Pokedex. The second issue is that alternate forms of Pokemon with male and female genders will only register to the Pokedex if it is the male version. Example: Mega Evolve a female Venusaur and the Pokedex will do nothing, Mega Evolve a male Venusaur and only then will the Pokedex register it.
And yes before you ask, I followed the installation instructions (extracted into the folder + started a new save) and am using the latest version (1.1.3). I even tested this with a clean download of Essentials with only the hotfixes and this plugin added to it, and the issue persisted.
Did you fill your entire Pokedex with the Debug tool? Because that probably explains the shiny issue. If you just capture individual shinys normally, it works fine. The debug tool just isn't designed expecting to have shiny forms in the dex, so it gets a little weird.

The gender issue though I wasn't aware of. Sounds annoying to fix, but I'll look into it at some point.

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.4 Update

• Added placeholder code for custom battle mechanics. Hopefully this will allow other plugin developers to integrate any new battle mechanics they design to be compatible with this plugin, as well as my other plugins such as ZUD.
  • Added the following demo examples in Midbattle_Config: DEMO_ZUD_MECHANICS, DEMO_FOCUS_METER, and DEMO_BATTLE_STYLES. These are to serve as examples of trainer speech that may trigger when...

Ninten

Rookie
Did you fill your entire Pokedex with the Debug tool? Because that probably explains the shiny issue. If you just capture individual shinys normally, it works fine. The debug tool just isn't designed expecting to have shiny forms in the dex, so it gets a little weird.

The gender issue though I wasn't aware of. Sounds annoying to fix, but I'll look into it at some point.
Ah, I was using Debug to test stuff, so that explains it. Thanks for responding.

210Percent

Novice
I get the following error whenever a battle is about to start, any ideas?

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:244:in `block in pbCommandMenuEx'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:217:in `loop'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:217:in `pbCommandMenuEx'
189:Scene_ChooseCommands:15:in `pbCommandMenu'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:29:in `pbCommandMenu'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:214:in `block (2 levels) in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:213:in `loop'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:213:in `block in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:198:in `loop'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:198:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'

Lucidious89

Champion
I get the following error whenever a battle is about to start, any ideas?

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:244:in `block in pbCommandMenuEx'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:217:in `loop'
[Essentials Deluxe] Battle.rb:217:in `pbCommandMenuEx'
189:Scene_ChooseCommands:15:in `pbCommandMenu'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:29:in `pbCommandMenu'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:214:in `block (2 levels) in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:213:in `loop'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:213:in `block in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:198:in `loop'
155:Battle_CommandPhase:198:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'
Update Enhanced UI

Pillowbro

Rookie
Great plugin.
It is working fine so far, but it seems that Deluxe Battles are not working with battle transitions (the ones in Graphics/Transitions) for me. I suppose I need to change the files' name for each trainer but I have no clue how they should be named.

Lucidious89

Champion
Great plugin.
It is working fine so far, but it seems that Deluxe Battles are not working with battle transitions (the ones in Graphics/Transitions) for me. I suppose I need to change the files' name for each trainer but I have no clue how they should be named.
shrug

The default ones work perfectly fine for me, as seen here:
HAvhVUF.gif

Sounds like this is an issue with how you set up your custom transitions, and not anything to do with this plugin.

Pillowbro

Rookie
shrug

The default ones work perfectly fine for me, as seen here:
HAvhVUF.gif

Sounds like this is an issue with how you set up your custom transitions, and not anything to do with this plugin.
Indeed. Found the problem, nothing to do with this plugin. Sorry for that.

Lucidious89

Champion

v1.1.5 Update

• Fixed yet another Safari Zone bug that would crash the game.
  • Added some additional functionality to the Sprite Outliner script to be used by the Enhanced UI plugin.
  • Fixed an issue with Pokemon icon sprites potentially having Shadow/Dynamax/Celestial properties flagged on by default when they shouldn't be.
  • The :size deluxe battle rule now properly accepts the "double" and "triple" values to set up double or triple battles against...

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I don't know if i should post here, but since that essentials deluxe messes with the bag party plugin, i think that its related. I will post here a link to a gametest video, where you can see what happens in my fangame. I don't think that i have other plugins that clashes with this one or if i'm doing something wrong, but with your plugin, it is supposed to have 9 bag sections, right? I'm asking that because i have the ZUD plugin too and i have everything updated until the newest versions of all plugins, including PE hotfixes too. Here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/n4oc38vx24bdhuu/20221125_115526.MP4/file Note: i can provide all the plugins lists here, in case case you want to know or to help fixing the issue.

Lucidious89

Champion
I don't know if i should post here, but since that essentials deluxe messes with the bag party plugin, i think that its related. I will post here a link to a gametest video, where you can see what happens in my fangame. I don't think that i have other plugins that clashes with this one or if i'm doing something wrong, but with your plugin, it is supposed to have 9 bag sections, right? I'm asking that because i have the ZUD plugin too and i have everything updated until the newest versions of all plugins, including PE hotfixes too. Here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/n4oc38vx24bdhuu/20221125_115526.MP4/file Note: i can provide all the plugins lists here, in case case you want to know or to help fixing the issue.
ZUD comes with a few graphics that are meant to replace ones found in the Bag Party folder used by the Interactable Bag plugin. Make sure you have replaced all of these files.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
I checked again, and everything is on the right place. But if you see better the video, i can't go to the bag pocket with the "ZUD" plugin items, which is the pocket 9, right? I'm still trying to understand what's causing this, but i can't figure it out, or if the script order is afecting this somehow. :/

Back