• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1

Resource Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1 v1.0.4

Can someone update the pack to 21.1?
Commissioned Goli to update the plugin to V21. This version updated for V21 (haha pun) fixes the autopositioning bug along with fixing the footprints issue so they will now show up if enabled.
By the way small error in the meta.txt file I'mma fix later. Otherwise works perfectly. "Requires = v20.1 Hotfixes, 1.0" should be "Requires = v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1".

grogro

Cooltrainer
Hello, I've been trying to install the v21 version but the sprites don't scale. Ofc i've tried to recompile the plugins and the data. Any ideas? Upgrading is never a fun process.
Edit: just me being stupid and not realizing that some useful code is in the EBDX parts of the plugin

Last edited:

notespellingof

Rookie
Hello, I've been trying to install the v21 version but the sprites don't scale. Ofc i've tried to recompile the plugins and the data. Any ideas? Upgrading is never a fun process.
I've been able to update the scaling, but not positioning, so they all hover ominously

Zizzle

Novice
I've been able to update the scaling, but not positioning, so they all hover ominously
May I ask how you were able to do that? I am fine with manually re-positioning stuff if I need to, but Rescaling every single time seems like a pain.

Lucidious89

Champion
The sprite scaling and positioning work fine. At least on the pre-existing sprites that are supported by the pack. If you're manually repositioning all your sprites, you're doing something wrong and wasting an incredible amount of time.

Zizzle

Novice
So.. why does it make all the sprites tiny or huge? how do I fix that? the FAQ is very confusing about what is needed to be done.

LinKazamine

Champion
Try reinstalling the plugin following the instructions. It may seem silly but I have seen others have errors with plugins that were solved when the plugin was reinstalled.

Niara

Novice
I was already able to get all the animated sprites for my fangame, but I'm missing the ones from the 8th gen with the Pokémon names as IDs, is there a way to include them here... or can someone help me find them? I have searched everywhere and have not found anywhere, perhaps it is not the most appropriate post to ask,
but I have no idea, thanks.

Keykode

Rookie
I don't know if you plan on updating this to v21.1, just cause they gen 6-8 sprites aren't with the gen 9 pack, and the scripts won't work(obviously) with v21.1. Also, is it possible to get vanilla style sprites for gens 6-8? Would love to know where I could download those.

LinKazamine

Champion
I don't know if you plan on updating this to v21.1, just cause they gen 6-8 sprites aren't with the gen 9 pack, and the scripts won't work(obviously) with v21.1. Also, is it possible to get vanilla style sprites for gens 6-8? Would love to know where I could download those.
Commissioned Goli to update the plugin to V21. This version updated for V21 (haha pun) fixes the autopositioning bug along with fixing the footprints issue so they will now show up if enabled.
By the way small error in the meta.txt file I'mma fix later. Otherwise works perfectly. "Requires = v20.1 Hotfixes, 1.0" should be "Requires = v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1".

SuperSpyroDragon64

Cooltrainer

Error, changing it to "Requires = v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1" isn't working.

Name = Generation 8 Pack Scripts
Version = 1.0.4
Essentials = 21
Requires = v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1
Website =
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Credits = Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Debug Output:

* Checking plugins *

ERROR: Plugin Error:
Plugin 'Generation 8 Pack Scripts' requires plugin 'v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1' to work properly.

Lucidious89

Champion
Error, changing it to "Requires = v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1" isn't working.

Name = Generation 8 Pack Scripts
Version = 1.0.4
Essentials = 21
Requires = v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1
Website =
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Credits = Golisopod User, Luka S.J.

Debug Output:

* Checking plugins *

ERROR: Plugin Error:
Plugin 'Generation 8 Pack Scripts' requires plugin 'v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1' to work properly.

Just remove the Hotfixes requirement altogether, then.

JetGamerNacho

Rookie
hey, im kinda new in doing my own pokemon fangame and im having some trouble with 6th - 8th gen sprites being too small. Someone knows what can i do?

thatguythathasnolife

Rookie
The sprites are scaled to 1x instead of the usual 2x, and the pack uses a script to scale them up in-game. Make sure you've compiled the scripts and got the right pokemon_metrics file.
Hey, I'm facing the same issue as the other guy and am very new to this, how to I ensure the scripts compile at runtime? And also how do I ensure I have the right pokemon metrics file?

Back