• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1

Resource Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1 v1.0.4

Paradox

Novice
i installed the gen 8 pack but the sprites are too small or non existing what should i do ?

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Golisopod User updated Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1 with a new update entry:

Shiny Icons and Missing Sprites

• Added Eternal Flower Floette overworlds and icons.
  • Added Shiny Icons for all Pokemon.

I think it was irresponsible of me to not clarify this before, so I think I should do it now:
I will no longer be actively maintaining or updating this resource. The latest release of the resource will be left up for download, but will not be updated by me. The download links for all older versions of this resource will be deactivated. Feel free to add-on or extend this resource as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lucidious89

Champion
@Golisopod User
Can you add battle-related forms into the overworld sprites? Mostly the weather related ones like Castform or cherrim?
You can probably just find a lot of these on your own if you want to use them. Battle-only forms are obviously never going to naturally exist as a follower.

Izonwreda

Rookie
I'd like to use 2D renders of 3D models as sprites in my pokemon game
the problem is... 160x160 resolution makes some sprites look really bad.
Is there a way i could use this plugin to scale 640x640 sprites down so they aren't huge in game?
I already moved the Sprite Scaling to Plugins alongside 000_Config and Meta.txt and changed FRONT_BATTLER_SPRITE_SCALE and BACK_BATTLER_SPRITE_SCALE to 0.5 for testing but it didn't seem to change anything
Please help

LinKazamine

Champion
Have you followed the installation instructions? There it says clearly that the archives in the plugin folder aren't the only ones you need to add to your project.
Installation Instructions:
  1. Make a backup of your project incase you have any custom changes in your PBS/pokemon_metrics.txt, PBS/EBDX/pokemon.txt, Pokemon sprites or Item icon sprites.
    • NOTE: Backing up your project basically means Ctrl + C your game folder and Ctrl + V it somewhere else to keep your changes from being permanently overwritten by the next step. You don't need to do it with some special script, or software, or cloud service.
  2. Delete the Graphics/Pokemon/ folder from your project. Also delete Graphics/EBDX/Battlers/ incase you use Elite Battle: DX.
  3. Extract all the contents of the ZIP file into your game's root folder. (The folder with Game.exe in it). This will make permanent changes to your project, so make sure you completed step 1.
    • NOTE: Extract ALL the files from the zip. Do not pick and choose what you want. Also, make sure that you actually replace the files by clicking Replace the file in the destination if prompted.
  4. This step is different depending on whether you use Elite Battle: DX or no:
    • If you don't use Elite Battle: DX, or don't know what it is, then delete the folder called EBDX in the Graphics/ and PBS/ folders of your game.
    • If you do use Elite Battle: DX, then open the Graphics/Pokemon/ folder in your game and delete the Front/, Front Shiny/, Back/, Back shiny/ folders in there.
  5. Run the game in Debug Mode, by opening it from the RMXP editor.
    • NOTE: If you do not see Loaded plugin: Generation 8 Pack Scripts (ver. X.X.X) ((X.X.X) should be the latest version of the plugin) in the console (the black window that you see when running v20.1 in Debug Mode), that means the script hasn't compiled and will not work.
      To force the game to compile the plugin, open the Data folder of your game and delete PluginScripts.rxdata. Then try running the game in Debug Mode.
      This is what the console window should look like, if the plugin is installed correctly:
      Spoiler
  6. Recompile your PBS and start a new save.
    • NOTE: If you do not know what recompiling your PBS is, or how to do it, then just delete Data/abilities.dat from your game's folder, and then try running the game in Debug Mode. This will force a recompile. Then I highly suggest you go through Thundaga's Pokemon Essentials tutorial series, so that you can understand basic Essentials concepts like PBS editing and compiling.
  7. Read through all of the Frequently Asked Questions before asking any questions related to the Plugin. I cannot re-iterate the importance of this step. I have taken the time to document all possible questions regarding the pack and provide answers to all of them, for your convenience. Please go through all of them, to avoid causing any confusion and inconvenience for yourself and me. They have been sectioned into several categories so as to not overwhelm you when reading.

Arfonia

Novice
I'm using this resource and the ZUD plugin, but when I use the dynamax mechanic the pikachu is the same size as the other pokemon, this is normal.

Sorry for my bad English and thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 122

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm using this resource and the ZUD plugin, but when I use the dynamax mechanic the pikachu is the same size as the other pokemon, this is normal.

Sorry for my bad English and thanks for your help.
It doesnt look the same size to me. There's no way normal Pikachu is that big.

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, it looks bigger to me too, but I agree that it's not as big as one would expect from dynamax pokemon. The thing here is, there's just so much space in the screen for the dynamax pokémon to fit. You can make them bigger by making their images bigger, but you'll risk covering everything on screen with the pokémon.

QuahogtheCreator

Novice
how do i resize the sprites i revamping an Japanese games called Pokemon Aquarius Altair and Canis Major Sirius can someone needed guidance to resize the sprites
Screenshot 2023-06-10 153353.png

LinKazamine

Champion
In the configuration plugin there is the "FRONT_BATTLER_SPRITE_SCALE = 2" and "BACK_BATTLER_SPRITE_SCALE = 3" (there can be other numbers depending on what you have changed and so). If you make the numbers here bigger, it should make the sprites bigger too.
Another way would be to edit the pokemon metrics PBS file and add a "FrontSpriteScale" and "BackSpriteScale" variables for any pokemon you want to have a different scale than the rest. Something like that:
1686426422189.png

QuahogtheCreator

Novice
In the configuration plugin there is the "FRONT_BATTLER_SPRITE_SCALE = 2" and "BACK_BATTLER_SPRITE_SCALE = 3" (there can be other numbers depending on what you have changed and so). If you make the numbers here bigger, it should make the sprites bigger too.
Another way would be to edit the pokemon metrics PBS file and add a "FrontSpriteScale" and "BackSpriteScale" variables for any pokemon you want to have a different scale than the rest. Something like that:
View attachment 18422
Still not working

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-11 200613.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-11 200613.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 88

LinKazamine

Champion
Weird, I have it and it works just fine. Do you have any other plugin that could modify the size of the pokémon in battle? Have you followed all the steps of the installation? Do you have all the plugins installed in the plugins folder?

Back