• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Edge Rising (2022 Revengeance Update)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
tLOgYKe.png

Game Title: Pokémon Edge Rising

Game Screenshots:
CZwSIRj.png

Description:
Experience the dark, horrifying world of the Inferno Region, home to death, darkness, and lots of black and red.
Follow the journey of Fang, a teenage boy who desires revenge, as he uncovers a dark truth in the world and the people around him. Also monologues. A lot of 'em.

Features:
- A deep, well-written plot
  • A diverse region
  • Extremely complex and thought provoking characters
  • 45+ Fakemon
  • Deep moral choices
  • NPCs that say kinda useful stuff sometimes
  • Characters portraits
  • No TMs or HMs
  • Use Alt to speed up your game.

New To the Revengeance Update:
  • 20+ new Fakemon
  • Various rebalancing
  • Ported game to Pokémon Essentials v20
  • An expanded Pokédex including Gen 8 Pokémon and more
  • A new, expanded postgame with even more NPCs that say kinda useful stuff sometimes
  • A new battle facility known as the Belltower!
  • And most importantly, a new status condition!

Game Download (Updated 8/16/23):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/syzea6ei9nmdlns/Pokémon+Edge+Rising+-+Revengeance+1.6.7z/file

If you like this game, I'd recommend playing another game from our writer (the one who wrote the funny jokes, aka not me).
https://eeveeexpo.com/threads/501/

Made Using:
Pokémon Essentials v20

Team:
Makattack202
SmokedPaprika
Mashirosakura
Techskylander1518
Reintendo0

2022 Update FAQ:
What's new?
- Well, the big thing is that there's a postgame now. There's uh...not a lot I could do with it, admittedly, since the game's world is kind of destroyed by the end of the main game. I did my best to create new content without having to make a ton of new areas.
- There's a properly organised Pokédex now. Speaking of, there's like, 8 new Pokémon lines. They're all really cool, Mak did great on their designs. There's also a couple of new evolutions of existing mons.
- The dex is now a grand total of 124 Pokémon. You can see more info about them by copying the link to the spreadsheet in the "_Credits" file of the main folder.
- A lot of sprites have been redone, such as Pistoff, Pillost, Eggception, Spectreon and many more have either received touch ups or full resprites.
- The same applies to backsprites, a lot of work went into them to make them all consistent.

Can I use my old save?
- Due to all the changes made, not only by the engine but by my optimisations, old save files would probably break somewhere, so it isn't recommended.
- It's also a 5 year old game, so playing through and refreshing your memory could be cool...

Is the game harder?
- I've tried my best to rebalance the game to make the experience as smooth as possible, and will continue trying to do so unless the general opinion tells me otherwise.
- I've rebalanced a lot of Edgemon stats and movesets, so the experience may not be exactly what it was 5 years ago.
- Early game has and probably been the hardest to balance. There's not really enough time to give players specific counters early on, but you can probably brute force it a lot with Mankey and Gorelett? If you didn't start with Riolu anyway.
- I haven't tested specific team comps so it's all a little subjective, but I look forward to hearing feedback!

Is there any new features?

- Well, there's no haunted mansion DLC, but there is a battle tower-esque building in its place I've dubbed the Belltower. Test your wits against tough opponents for a chance to win fabulous prizes! (Postgame only)
- A couple of new moves exist, like a Fury Swipes clone that's flying type, or a signature move that fires a button. I hope you'll try out all sorts of team members in the Belltower to see what's new!
- Speaking of trying out team members, there's a gauntlet at the end of the game, for those daring enough to try. Once postgame is complete, take a trip to the Blood Lake...

Where is (x)?
- Move Relearner is in Blackheart City Game Corner (regardless of time period).
- Silvally discs are also sold in the Game Corner.
- Stone vendors are in Eerie City in postgame.
- Once postgame is complete, you can get Rare Candies infinitely at the Belltower.

Resource Pack:
https://mega.nz/#!FHhD0Q6I!XWSLXYj8stAVmT8PjmNEP_wwZ7EF_K_Ywp5bsYd2ncA

Credits:
Engine Credits:

Pokémon Essentials:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

mkxp-z:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

RPG Maker XP:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Team Members"
Makattack202
- Spriter
- Writer (OG content)
- Mapper
- Tileset
- Eventer (OG content)
SmokedPaprika
- Writer (OG content)
- Eventer (OG content)
- Pokémon Cries
Mashirosakura
- Spriter
- Playtester
- Eventer (2022)
- Writer (2022)
- Pokémon Cries (2022)

Playtesters:
TechSkylander1518 (OG)
Reintendo0 (2022)

Sprites:
- Unova Backsprites (Dreadwing93)
- Red Portrait (Da-Suspect)
- Sharfeeto (LlamaMinister/PixelProfligate)
- Gen 6 Back Sprites (MrDollSteak, Spherical-Ice,
Various contributors to the Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource
VanillaSunshine)
- Gen 7 Back Sprites (leparagon, Z-nogyroP, zlolxd, elazulmax, mangamanga, VanillaSunshine)
- The Gen 4-Style Gen 5 and Beyond Backsprite Resource
(Dreadwing93, Prodigal96, MM980, 44tim44, Gnomowladny, MetalFlygon (republished by Zygoat), WolfPP,
lichenprincess, BiggusWeeabus, ChromusSama, briochee, Makattack202, Loafus022, Sopita_Yorita,
lennybitao, Limitdistortion, PorousMist326, leParagon,
DS-style Gen VII and Beyong Pokemon Sprite Repository, Smogon Art Projects)

Tilesets:
- Kyle-Dove
- Heavy-Metal-Lover
- WesleyFG
- Dewitty
- Zetavares852
- XDinky
- Newtiteuf
- Alucus
- Erma96
- Hydrargirium
- Poison-Master
- Thedeadheroalistair
- Shutwig
- Asdsimone
- Xxdevil
- Steinnaples
- Hek-el-grande
- sylver1984
- NikNak93
- TeaAddiction
- Cuddlesthefatcat
- Magiscarf
- Gigatom
- The-Red-eX
- ChaoticCherryCake
- Kymotonian
- DonLawride
- Rverah-duh
- Speedialga
- Platinum Tyrant
- Spacemotion
- Pokemon-Diamond
- Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
- DaNerdyDude
- KageNoSensai
- klnothincomin
- anutter
- EpicDay
- Thurpok
- UltimoSpriter
- ForeverXShoddyBattle
- Minorthreat0987
- TyranitarDark
- Chimcharsfirework/ThatsSoWitty
- Makattack202

Scripts/Plugins:
- v20.1 Hotfixes (Maruno)
- Name-Box (Mr. Gela)
- pbPartyIndex (Volsteon)
- Gen 8 Pack Scripts (Golisopod User, Luka S.J.)
- Hidden Abilities by Percentage (Mashirosakura, Scyl, Nettohikari, Marin, Maq47, StarWolff, Kotaro)
- Marin's Utilities/Map Exporter (Marin)
- Multiple Save (bo4p5687)
- Overworld Shadows EX (Golisopod User, Wolf PP, Marin)
- PokéDex Silhouettes (TechSkylander1518)
- Rename from Party (TechSkylander1518)
- Speed Up 2.0 (Marin, Phantombass)
- Voltseon's Pause Menu (Voltseon, Golisopod User, ENLS)
- Reload (aioros)
- Bleed/Frost statuses (Mashirosakura)

Music:
- Baby - Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris
- BATTLE! - Makoto Miyazaki (One Punch Man Soundtrack)
- Battle -Seraph- - Ryota Kozuka, Toshiki Konishi (SMTV Soundtrack)
- Bring Me to Life - Evanescence (Nightcore version by NightcoreReality)
- Brothers in Arms - Junkie XL (Mad Max Soundtrack)
- Call of Silence - Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
- COLORS - FLOW (Code Geass)
- death’s dynamic shroud.wmv - International Team
- Don’t Luka Now - Michael Giacchino (War for the Planet of the Apes Soundtrack)
- Egoist - school food punishment
- Guren no Yumiya - Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
- Hello Zep - Charlie Clouser (Saw Soundtrack)
- If I Lose Myself Tonight (Instrumental) - Danny Olson
- In The End - Linkin Park
- Jiyuu no Tsubasa - Linked Horizon (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
- Kanashimi no Mukou e - Ito Kanako (School Days Soundtrack)
- Kill the Lights - The Birthday Massacre
- Monster Without a Name - EGOIST (Psycho Pass Soundtrack)
- MUST DIE - Daisuke Ishiwatari (Blazblue Soundtrack)
- My War - Shinsei kamattechan
- Replica - Oneohtrix Point Never
- Requiem Mass in D minor, KV 626 - Lacrimosa - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Sadness and Sorrow - Yasuharu Takanashi (Naruto Soundtrack)
- Scary Slow Music - Connor Darst
- Simple and Clean - Utada Hikaru
- SUSANO-O - Daisuke Ishiwatari (Blazblue Soundtrack)
- Makyuu Ichii-Bal (Instrumental) - Takagaki Ayahi
- The Reluctant Heroes - Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
- The Sound of Silence - Paul Simon
- This Love - Maroon 5
- Those Who Fight - Nobuo Uematsu (Advent Children Soundtrack)
- Torches - X Ambassadors
- Unravel - TK (Tokyo Ghoul Soundtrack)
- Vogel Im Kafig - Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan Soundtrack)
- What the World Needs Now is Love - Missi Hale (The Boss Baby Soundtrack)
- When the Moon Reaches Out to the Stars - Shoji Meguro (Persona 3 Soundtrack)
- What’s up, people?! - MAXIMUM THE HORMONE (Death Note Soundtrack)

Last edited:

Mak

Edge Lord
Yeah, I looked and discovered the exact cause of the bug, which is fixed with the patch I just put down.

On one hand it's definitely a shame you lost your party, but it is good for the fact that I've discovered and fixed the bug.

Wuvvums

Rookie
Oh, I am glad you were able to find and fix it so fast. Maybe in time, this game will be free of all bugs. :>------------------------This is a separate thing that I forgot to mention, and doesn't really need a fixing now, but when I first arrived at
Eerie Town
I noticed a massive frame-rate drop as I was heading towards the pokemon center. This went away later in the game, so I am guessing this was before some scripted events took place? If you are ever concerned about optimizing that would be a spot to look at. I am not sure what caused it though.

Mak

Edge Lord
I found three bugs during my playthrough of the game, here's an imgur album of them.

https://imgur.com/a/2Hpcs
The first bug is a problem with the engine rather than this, it'll happen in any Pokemon Essentials fangame.

The second was an oversight. Oops.

The third isn't shiny. That's a gender variant. The shiny marker appears for the real shiny.

barebearhands

Rookie
What's the overworld theme when you
start playing as Bro/Hate, its a slowed down song

Zomby_Goast

Rookie
Can we get a list of evolution methods for fakemon? I'm training up a Makupika, but it still hasn't evolved or learned a fighting-type move by lvl 31 (Caught it at lvl 20).
So just after I asked this...Bro/Hate also has a Makupika in its 80s. Is it even able to evolve?

Last edited:

SmokedPaprika

Stinky Person
Can we get a list of evolution methods for fakemon? I'm training up a Makupika, but it still hasn't evolved or learned a fighting-type move by lvl 31 (Caught it at lvl 20).
So just after I asked this...Bro/Hate also has a Makupika in its 80s. Is it even able to evolve?
Makupika is the stronger Pokemon between the two - it doesn't evolve. Don't know why it takes so long to get a fighting move, though.

TheGamingPaladin

TheGamingPaladin - Youtuber, Foodie, Gamer 4 Life
Makupika is the stronger Pokemon between the two - it doesn't evolve. Don't know why it takes so long to get a fighting move, though.

yeah, i noticed that Makupika takes a long time to get a Fighting move, at least it's worth it cause it's Close Combat, which to me is the best Fighting move hands down. also, was the whole Makupika thing kind of a throwback to the anime in which Pikachu beats Surge's Raichu because of it's speed?

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
I may have found another small bug / oversight, Majemag is missing a back sprite both in battle and in the pokedex as seen below.

I'm just assuming this is a bug, for all I know it's not supposed to have a back sprite.

https://imgur.com/0ktCMmO
https://imgur.com/YFhVpsV
This Pokémon was planned as dlc later so it was rushed into the game last minute. It currently only has a front and party sprite since it was not planned to be capturable yet. It'll be fixed eventually.

TheGamingPaladin

This Pokémon was planned as dlc later so it was rushed into the game last minute. It currently only has a front and party sprite since it was not planned to be capturable yet. It'll be fixed eventually.

ah i see, so it was released as an endgame catchable at kind of the last minute? well that would explain the missing back sprite.

good to know as if i had gone to catch it and was missing a sprite i'd think something was wrong too.

chromakit

Rookie
Hey there. I've been playing for the past few days. I like this game a lot. But I ended up running into a bug that could very well prevent me from finishing the game. Here's what happened.
A few days ago I fought the Magizard at ColdSteel and lost. but then after that the game let me move the screen. and then the game let me fight Magizard again with all my Pokemon at full health. When I beat him I noticed there was a second Fang standing there. I figured it wasn't a big deal so I closed the game for the night. The next time I opened it I went into the gym and the second Fang was standing in front of Asshat. This Fang is an obstacle that I can't get past and I can't talk to Asshat.

TheGamingPaladin

Hey there. I've been playing for the past few days. I like this game a lot. But I ended up running into a bug that could very well prevent me from finishing the game. Here's what happened.
A few days ago I fought the Magizard at ColdSteel and lost. but then after that the game let me move the screen. and then the game let me fight Magizard again with all my Pokemon at full health. When I beat him I noticed there was a second Fang standing there. I figured it wasn't a big deal so I closed the game for the night. The next time I opened it I went into the gym and the second Fang was standing in front of Asshat. This Fang is an obstacle that I can't get past and I can't talk to Asshat.

uh oh... sounds like a fatal bug, you may have to let mak put you back at that battle, because that wasnt supposed to happen and it sounds like it broke your game...

Arachnos

Rookie
Hey guys,

After seeing Vinny play this I knew I had to experience it for myself. However, a fatal error happened to me. When I beat the first gym leader and the cutscene was going to start, the game froze and crashed. It saved before crashing, but now whenever I try to load my save, it says "This map is corrupt, the game cannot continue."

My party was a level 11 Bidoof (DERPS), a level 14-ish Rattastic (Mindbreak), a level 12 Squirro (Brat), a level 13 blade monkey thing I forgot the name of (Thugga), a level 12-ish Mankey (Violator) and a level 14 Staravia (Raptor).

tYaAYN9.png

koQ0OMo.png

Last edited:

StarCap

Rookie
I just finished this game, and I feel that it would be wrong not to show my appreciation. Even though this is like a satire game designed to make fun of edgelords and everything, for some reason I really enjoyed playing it. Despite the story being
kind of just the MC being an edgelord and "killing all the big Pokemon"
it really drew me in and made me invested in the game. A lot of the jokes actually made me smile / do the thing where you blow air out of your nose, so that has to count for something. The only thing that left me dissapointed was
the morality when it came to killing trainers not really amounting to anything, but maybe that's just Undertale spoiling me / me overthinking an edgy Pokemon fangame.
Overall, this game really was fun while it lasted. I can't tell if the DLC teasers are a joke or not, but I kinda hope they aren't because I would totally play something like this again.

sorry for deleting this the first time, i fucked up the spoiler text lol

Mak

Edge Lord
The second Magizard bug was something that occurred in an older version. Did you update? I feel like that may have had something to do with it.

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod

electriccombines

Rookie
Hey, I just downloaded this game - I saw a video on it and thought it look like a fun ride. The game starts up fine, but fonts aren't showing up even though I downloaded all of them? They're in the same folder and everything. Sorry if this is kind of a dumb question, I don't know if it belongs here, but I really don't know why it isn't working properly. Cheers!

Back