• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
DiegoWT's Starter Selection

Resource DiegoWT's Starter Selection 1.5.0

hostman

Trainer
Thanks friend, one last thing, I was wondering if there was a way to put a personalized text on each pokemon

LinKazamine

Champion
I think you will need to edit the plugin for that. What you can do is open the event in the game and see what text appears for every pokémon. Then search for that text in the plugin and edit it. However, I think that they all have the same text. If that's the case, you will have to find a way to edit the code so each pokémon has its own text.

DiegoWT

Discord: diegowt
DiegoWT updated DiegoWT's Starter Selection with a new update entry:

Update v1.5.0

• Major overhaul of the scene graphics:
    • Altered the Poké Balls sprites, and made their highlights a different image for the animation to be more realistic;
    • Remade the background and added a new one based on Hoenn's starter selection.
      New Settings' options: Set your preferred background, your starters' shininess, IVs and items;
  • New Settings' options: Set your preferred background, your starters' shininess, IVs and items;
  • Remade the Poké Balls' swing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Drqiu

Novice
Hello! I really like your plugin. My game is developed based on version 20.1 and I would like to get the version 1.3.0 of this plugin in the HISTORY, but that link is still for the download of version 1.5.0. Can you please also provide a link to version 1.3.0? I'd appreciate it!

DiegoWT

Hello! I really like your plugin. My game is developed based on version 20.1 and I would like to get the version 1.3.0 of this plugin in the HISTORY, but that link is still for the download of version 1.5.0. Can you please also provide a link to version 1.3.0? I'd appreciate it!
Check the Updates now.

rafahbit

Novice
In version 21.1, the Poké Ball and the selection animation are too fast. I wanted to slow down this speed, but I tried a bit and couldn't find where to change it to make it slower. Surprisingly, I asked for help from ChatGPT, and it tried various things, but all in vain. In other scripts, ChatGPT was able to help me modify and it worked, but not for this one.

Can you tell me which section I should change?

I'm sorry for this; I don't have very good vision, and I can't dedicate much time to working on the project, so my solution is to ask for help with almost everything...

DiegoWT

In version 21.1, the Poké Ball and the selection animation are too fast. I wanted to slow down this speed, but I tried a bit and couldn't find where to change it to make it slower. Surprisingly, I asked for help from ChatGPT, and it tried various things, but all in vain. In other scripts, ChatGPT was able to help me modify and it worked, but not for this one.

Can you tell me which section I should change?

I'm sorry for this; I don't have very good vision, and I can't dedicate much time to working on the project, so my solution is to ask for help with almost everything...
They aren't? Are you sure you're using the 1.5.0 version?

LavaisLava

Rookie
Hey, Im trying to use the thing and am getting this error, any suggestions on what to do

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Script error in event 9 (coords 24,13), map 119 (Aspen's Lab)
Exception: NameError
Message: uninitialized constant StarterSelSettings::STARTERBG

***Full script:
DiegoWTsStarterSelection.new(
:SPRIGATITO,:FUECOCO,:QUAXLY)

Backtrace:
[DiegoWTs Starter Selection] Script.rb:18:in `initialize'
(eval):1:in `new'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
Interpreter:138:in `eval'
Interpreter:138:in `execute_script'
Interpreter_Commands:1177:in `command_355'
Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:130:in `block in update'
Interpreter:86:in `loop'
Interpreter:86:in `update'

Hey, Im trying to use the thing and am getting this error, any suggestions on what to do

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Script error in event 9 (coords 24,13), map 119 (Aspen's Lab)
Exception: NameError
Message: uninitialized constant StarterSelSettings::STARTERBG
This is telling you that STARTERBG isn't defined. I have a guide to reading error messages here that you may find useful.
STARTERBG is usually defined in the Settings part of the script, so it sounds like you accidentally deleted that line.

rafahbit

Novice
They aren't? Are you sure you're using the 1.5.0 version?
Yes, I don't know what happened. Even in the original Pokemon Essentials 21.1, it's very fast. The only plugin I changed was the menu, which was also very fast, and I added a frame rate controller.
It's probably something related to my project. I'm going to try adding a controller; I forgot to test this, as I was primarily searching for places to modify in the original XD.
(I love this plugin, I will try everything.)

MakerBlack

Trainer
Hello, as there are no limits in fps, the animation of the pokeball moving has no speed limit...

Flaaffic

Rookie
Hey there! How would I toggle the newly implemented Hoenn style background?

Back