• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
DiegoWT's Starter Selection

Resource DiegoWT's Starter Selection 1.5.0

lvl30bear

Rookie
Do you know if using this script locks the starters out of being shiny? Is there a way I could allow for that otherwise?

DiegoWT

Discord: diegowt
Do you know if using this script locks the starters out of being shiny? Is there a way I could allow for that otherwise?
Nope, the script doesn't lock non-shiny starters, the chance is still there, and if you want the starters to always be shiny you would have to edit the script for that.

lvl30bear

Rookie
Nope, the script doesn't lock non-shiny starters, the chance is still there, and if you want the starters to always be shiny you would have to edit the script for that.
One last question. Would the fact that they are shiny show up in the preview? or only once you obtain the pokemon itself.

McFeeds

Rookie
Yah I got it to "work" in essentials 21. In that the event fires and the starter select pops up but the transition is SUPER slow. Like it take 30+ seconds to transition from the map to the screen with the pokeballs. You can see it progress like one frame at a time.

EDIT: The pbWait method in essentials must've been updated. Changing all the pbWaits from
pbWait (1) -> pbWait (0.05) fixed the issue I was seeing.

Last edited:

xDracolich

Novice
Maybe I'm just dumb, but for whatever reason I keep getting this error whenever I try to run the script. The game, while in Debug mode does load up the plugin, but when I get into the cutscene where the players picks their starter, the game crashes and gives me this. I see it says the line shouldn't begin with "(", but that's what you did in yours, and when I remove it the game also crashes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-21 004425.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 004425.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 94

xDracolich

Novice
Oooh, yeah I found the problem. I had technically done it correctly, but the script got confused because the parenthesis was technically on the line below. Using the extendtext.exe program fixed it, and now it works

NO3B

Rookie
Yah I got it to "work" in essentials 21. In that the event fires and the starter select pops up but the transition is SUPER slow. Like it take 30+ seconds to transition from the map to the screen with the pokeballs. You can see it progress like one frame at a time.

EDIT: The pbWait method in essentials must've been updated. Changing all the pbWaits from
pbWait (1) -> pbWait (0.05) fixed the issue I was seeing.
Work in Essential 21, 0.05 still little laggy, change it pbWait to 0.01, and plugin run smoothly. Thanks btw

hostman

Trainer
a631374612642e9eb4152da1ce4c1486.png

Hi, when interacting with the event I get this error, do you know how to fix it?

hostman

Trainer
Oooh, yeah I found the problem. I had technically done it correctly, but the script got confused because the parenthesis was technically on the line below. Using the extendtext.exe program fixed it, and now it works
I just saw that my problem is the same as yours, but I don't quite understand how to solve it with extendtext, can you explain to me how you did it?

LinKazamine

Champion
You have the ( in the wrong place. What the game is reading is DiegoWTsStarterSelection.new in one side and (:TREECKO,:CHARMANDER,:PIPLUP) on another side.

Use the extender to have it all in one line or change it to this:
Ruby:
DiegoWTsStarterSelection.new(
:TREECKO,:CHARMANDER,:PIPLUP)
As you can see, the ( is at the end of the first line. With this, you are telling the game that the code continues on the next line.

Last edited:

hostman

Trainer
You have the ( in the wrong place. What the game is reading is DiegoWTsStarterSelection.new in one side and (:TREECKO,:CHARMANDER,:PIPLUP) on another side.

Use the extender to have it all in one line or change it to this:
Ruby:
DIEGOWTsStarterSelection.new(
:TREECKO,:CHARMANDER,:PIPLUP)
As you can see, the ( is at the end of the first line. With this, you are telling the game that the code continues on the next line.
Thanks for replying, I've tried both ways. If I write it in two lines, in the way you have indicated, this skips me.
a17f8243a7117e0d9a60773ac3386759.png

I have also been trying with the extend text but I do not understand its use well, I would appreciate it if you could explain it to me. I'm trying to run it on the same screen where I write the script but it has no effect, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

LinKazamine

Champion
Ah, sorry, the DIEGO part should be Diego. Those commands are case sensitive and I didn't check if I was writing it right.

Back