• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Rising Earth

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
2021-07-17 (12).png

Pokemon Rising Earth

After writing a letter to Professor Oak, who in turn gives you your first ever Pokemon, you begin your Pokemon journey in the mountainous Orhea Region. As you travel through Caverns and up steep hills, you coincidentally uncover a conspiracy that could lead to the destruction of the Regions entire ecosystem. You and your best friend will have to race against time, deep into the earth to stop a catastrophe from happening, as you have a powerful and well respected organization against you - but what really is their ultimate goal?

About

I've been thinking about making a Pokemon game for a few years actually, since I always enjoyed playing fanmade games, but I never really had the time to do anything of sorts. But then 2020 happened and we all suddenly had an overabundance of time. The original concept of this dates way back and it started as a theoretical sequel to X/Y. Originally I would've wanted to map the entirety of Kalos for this, but then I realized Lumiose City is a thing and also that Kalos' entire geography was really bad for what I wanted to do with it. I eventually decided to port it into a new region and over time removed all the references to X/Y (well most of them anyway).

This is my first forray into Pokemon Essentials and as such this game is very basic when you break it down, without any groundbreaking or dazzling features. My main focus was the story as well as, well, getting the whole thing to work. I might stop this paragraph right here though, I realize I'm not making the best (hypothetical) sales pitch here.

Features
  • All Pokemon Gen 1 to Gen 8 are included​
  • Almost every Pokemon is obtainable​
  • New Region to explore​
  • New villianous team, the Pokemon Paladins​
  • Gyms don't focus on Types, but rather mechanics, gameplay concepts or certain subgroups of Pokemon​
  • Fairy-Type and Mega Evolution included, every Mega Stone is obtainable before the Elite Four (except for Mewtwo and Diancie)​
  • Level scaling is balanced around the new EXP-Share (EXP All, if you will) (it's effectively a 90° angle at some points due to this)​
  • A rather high difficulty in battles (at least for me it is)​
  • Special Trainers in every Pokemon Center to help with grinding​
  • 120 TM, that serve as a condensation of Gen7/Gen8 TMs and TRs​
  • Every Route and City has an encounter or Gift Pokemon of some kind (for Nuzlocke purposes)​
  • Full Plot, 8 Gyms and Pokemon League included in the current version​
  • Post-Game includes legendary encounters, a plethora of difficult double battles and lots and lots of pseudoscience​
  • Speed-Up Feature is bound to the Q button by default (I dunno where else to put this in this post, but I gotta mention it somewhere, so here you go.)​

Screenshots:
2021-07-17 (1).png
2021-07-17 (2).png
2021-07-17 (3).png
2021-07-17 (5).png
2021-07-17 (6).png
2021-07-17 (7).png
2021-07-17 (8).png
2021-07-17 (9).png
2021-07-17 (10).png
2021-07-17 (11).png
2021-07-17.png

Credits:

This game was made by:
Never_this_again

Gen 4 Trainer Overworld Sprites by:
Neo-Spriteman
VanillaSunshine
PurpleZaffre & Maicerochico
AtomicReactor
Mashirosakura

Gen 5 Trainer Overworld Sprites by:
DiegoWT
Mashirosakura

Gen 7 Trainer Overworld Sprites by:
Droid779

Primo Back-Sprite by:
Tsuka

Blue Back-Sprite based on Sprite by:
MegaBlueAce

Clone Trainer Script by:
grogro
Thanks to Golisopod User and ThatWelshOne_ for their suggestions.

Generation 8 Move Animation Project:

Project lead by StCooler.
Contributors: StCooler, DarryBD99, WolfPP, ardicoozer, riddlemeree.
Thanks to the Reborn team for letting people use their resources. You are awesome.
Thanks to BellBlitzKing for his Pokemon Sound Effects Pack: Gen 1 to Gen 7 - All Attacks SFX.

Generation 8 Project credits:

Battler Sprites:

Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites:
veekun

Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites:
All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project

Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites:
All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project

Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites:
All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Overworld Sprites:

Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds:
princess-pheonix
LunarDusk
Wolfang62
TintjeMadelintje101
piphybuilder88

Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds:
Larry Turbo
princess-pheonix

Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds:
SageDeoxys
Wolfang62

Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds:
MissingLukey
help-14
Kymoyonian
cSc-A7X
2and2makes5
Pokegirl4ever
Fernandojl
Silver-Skies
TyranitarDark
Getsuei-H
Kid1513
Milomilotic11
Kyt666
kdiamo11
Chocosrawlooid
Syledude
Gallanty
Gizamimi-Pichu
Zyon17
LarryTurbo
spritesstealer

Icon Sprites:

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites:
Alaguesia

Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites:
Marin
MapleBranchWing
Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository

Gen 8 Icon Sprites:
Larry Turbo
Leparagon

Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries
Rhyden

Gen 7 Pokemon Cries
Marin, Rhyden

Gen 8 Pokemon Cries
Zeak6464

PBS Credits:
Golisopod User
Zerokid
TheToxic
HM100
KyureJL
ErwanBeurier

Script Credits:

EBS Bitmap Wrapper:
Luka S.J.

Gen 8 Scripts:
Golisopod User
Maruno
Vendily
TheToxic
HM100
Aioross
WolfPP
MFilice
lolface
KyureJL
DarrylBD99
Turn20Negate
TheKandinavian
ErwanBeurier

Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User
UberDunsparce

Porting to v19:
Golisopod User
Maruno

Better Fast-Forward Mode by:
Marin

Luka's Scripting Utilities V3.2.2 by:
Luka S.J.

Elite Battle: DX by:
Luka S.J.
Maruno
Marin
Pokecheck.org
PinkCatDragon
Tebited15
BadSamaritan
WolfPP
redblueyellow
Damien
Issei Hyoudou
Nasasu
luckygirl88

Voltseons Pause Menu by:
Voltseon
Golisopod User
ENLS

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on MKXP by Ancurio et al.

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Special credits to Thundaga for his Tutorials on how to even do this
RPG Maker XP
GIMP
Audacity
Notepad++

Download

Version 1.3.1 is available here
An alternative download is available here
You can find several docs (encounters/boss battles) over here

Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I go after I get the ability to Surf?
First go down into the lower levels of Frosty Cavern, then head to Cincoast City and check out the Jewelry Store.

Am I supposed to have Flash before going into Shifty Woodlands?
No, Flash isn't available in the game as an overworld move. If an area is dark, it's just for added effect.

Where is the last kid in the hide and seek game?
I know exactly which kid you mean, but here's the location for all of them:
South of town past a row of trees
East of town, just right of the first bridge you cross when entering
A little into Route 7, behind a tree
Inside the Camille Fanclub building, behind a plant

Where do I go after getting Waterfall?
There's a Waterfall on Route 7. There's even a house on top of it!

I heard there's Postgame. Where do I go to start it?
On Route 15 there's a small entrance to the lower part of Victory Road. Explore that, then head to Omegata Town and see if some infrastructure stands out in the town.

There's this guy talking about Dive but he doesn't give it to me. The audacity!
Talk to him again after you unlocked the postgame. He'll hand it over.

Can I somehow get Hidden Abilities in the game?
There's two ways to do that:
After the 8th badge, a shady merchant in Quantasia City will start adding Ability Patches to their sortiment.
And in the Safari Zone entrance, there is an NPC that can make all Wild Pokemon that you encounter have their hidden ability (this can also be turned off again)

Bugs
  • You can buy Coins in the Game Corner without having the Coin Case.
  • There are some bugs that can happen in Battle that I haven't been able to replicate. Be on the lookout and save often!

I also have a Discord Server now, if you wanna join.
Please report anything you notice!​

Last edited:

Hexcalliber

Cooltrainer
is the game complete, the premis sounds pretty cool and i would like to try it out

Never_this_again

Trainer
A new version with a few fixes has been made available in the OP. (I updated both the Mega and the mediafire link) However, if you have already played a bit into the game and just want to update, please read the following:

There is a slight issue with the new version. When I was testing out the game with my previous save, wild battles would crash the game for me, and it only worked again after I started a new one. Now I don't know if that is an issue with just my save, or if that is an issue with all saves from the previous version.

I also added HM Items for the moves Rock Smash, Cut, Surf, Fly and Strenght to the game and while that is definetly helpful, if you are past the point in the story where you would obtain them you cannot obtain them anymore. And because HM Items also disable the use of HMs through the party, there are certain areas you cannot progress in.

So there's two solutions to this:

1. Start a new game after updating your game (straightforward, I know).

2. If you are already pretty far in and don't want to lose your progress, and just want to beat the Elite Four: Play the game on your old version as normal, but prepare your team as you would for the Elite Four (catch what you want, breed what you want, EV train if you need to, yadda yadda). Go as far as until you would battle the Warden of Victory Road (he's the last trainer standing in front of the exit, and previously would not allow you to continue because of a typo in his code). Save your game, then update to the new version. Beat the warden (preferably don't lose, because it'll warp you to the last Pokemon Center and you cannot get back to him) and continue to the Pokemon League. Please be aware that if you do this, you are now stuck in the Pokemon League as you need either Surf or Fly to leave and both these moves have been replaced with HM Items, and you cannot get any more wild encounters.

If you want to see what changed, see here:
Added features/Changes:
  • Mints can now be bought from Jacksons father on Forlorn Isle, after the events in Castaway Cavern.
  • The trainer giving you the Power Items has been moved from Route 5 to Route 7 (aka earlier in the game)
  • The game has recieved sunglasses so the overworld sun effect isn't quite as bright (I hope, since I've only seen this on other peoples playthroughs)
  • Your Rivals mid- to lategame team has been buffed (or at least I hope so)
  • There are now HM Items for the moves Rock Smash, Cut, Surf, Fly and Strength. Waterfall and Dive still need to be used via Pokemon.

Fixes:
  • The Warden of Victory Road is no longer a sore loser and doesn't crash your game upon beating him.
  • The Move Tutor before Victory Road has been informed that Psychic Blade is actually called Psycho Cut.
  • Opening the menu in the Safari Zone no longer result in a crash.
  • The warps in Safari Zone - North have been fixed.
  • The Paladins left behind a single uninteractable grunt when they left Castaway Cavern. They have been informed of that and will take him with them in the future.
  • The Rockruff issue has been fixed (aka you can safely have a Rockruff in your party again while playing at night)
  • The event that would lock you in movement if you left Cliffdrop Cavern via Dig or an Escape Rope after beating Gwen has been fixed.

This release got stalled a little because I tried to add in some more postgame content, but that has been put on hold until the next release, because I'm way to stupid to figure out how to make EBDX's Boss Battle feature work. I'd say look forward to it with the next release, but I might need to scramble some ideas around to make it work without it.

I also added some new Docs for Move Tutors and evolution changes to the OP if you want to check that out.

Ickle

Trainer
Zigzagoon itself cannot be caught, but you can catch Linoone in Paladin Tunnel.

If you're looking for other encounters, there's an encounter table linked in the first post.
but then how do you do the trade for normal zigzagoon to galarian in the second town?

Pokemaniac Zaheer

Novice
Hello, i tried playing this on Android through Joiplay, it runned fine in the beginning but as soon as i started to leave Einwey Town after battling our rival the game frooze & some kinds of errors popped up on the screen, can somebody help me??

Ickle

Trainer
Hey so I'm fighting Danny in front of Victory Road and he has a mega blaziken instead of his usual mega swampert si that normal?

Ickle

Trainer
it seemed to be the same apart that he had a rillaboom as well

Alpal76 Falcon

Rookie
Hey Never_this_again, I have completed Rising Earth (fantastic game btw) and had a lot of fun. However, one thing that I can't seem to find is the 4th kid hiding in Orcrest Town. I feel unaccomplished if I don't find him. Do you remember where he is?

Never_this_again

Trainer
Hey Never_this_again, I have completed Rising Earth (fantastic game btw) and had a lot of fun. However, one thing that I can't seem to find is the 4th kid hiding in Orcrest Town. I feel unaccomplished if I don't find him. Do you remember where he is?
I'm glad you enjoyed the game, thank you.

I don't know which one you're missing, one is just off right to the bridge to Route 7, one is just a little into Route 7 behind a tree, one is in the far south of the city, where you can walk that small line behind a set of trees, and one is hiding behind a plant in the Camille fanclub (the northernmost building in town).

Hope you find the one you haven't so far.

Back