• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Bag Screen with interactable Party

Resource Bag Screen with interactable Party 2.5.0

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
When using a Charm provided by the CharmCase plugin and then exiting the menu, you may encounter a 'recycled object' error.
I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this issue, or if anyone knows how to resolve it
It only happens when I activate or deactivate a charm; simply entering the Charm Case doesn't cause this issue

Ruby:
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "37800" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "37820" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "37840" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "37860" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "37880" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "37900" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "37920" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "37940" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "37960" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "37980" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "38000" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "38020" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "38040" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "38060" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "38080" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "38100" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "38120" is recycled object
Exception `RangeError' at [Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:745 - "38140" is recycled object
Me too.

Zizzle

Novice
Bug:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Script error in event 1 (coords 3,8), map 12 (Sprucewood Town)
Exception: ArgumentError

***Full script:
pbPokemonMart([
  :POKEBALL,
  :POTION,
  :ANTIDOTE,
  :AWAKENING,
  :REPEL
])

Backtrace:
[Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:556:in `pbStartScene'
312:UI_PokeMart:320:in `pbStartSellScene2'
312:UI_PokeMart:305:in `pbStartSellScene'
312:UI_PokeMart:679:in `pbSellScreen'
312:UI_PokeMart:740:in `block in pbPokemonMart'
312:UI_PokeMart:732:in `loop'
312:UI_PokeMart:732:in `pbPokemonMart'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:138:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:138:in `execute_script'

I'm getting this error whenever I try to sell to shops

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
How can I change the distance of two icons for I want to add a new pocket but it can't be displayed completely.
屏幕截图 2024-02-06 211847.png

LinKazamine

Champion
You have to edit the base position of the icons. Here is an example of it that I added on my Charm's plugin like Lucidious did on their ZUD Mechanics (for 20.1):
1707228335277.png

I would suggest you look at how they did it in that plugin. I think you will have to edit more than just that bit of code.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
You have to edit the base position of the icons. Here is an example of it that I added on my Charm's plugin like Lucidious did on their ZUD Mechanics (for 20.1):
View attachment 25827
I would suggest you look at how they did it in that plugin. I think you will have to edit more than just that bit of code.
Thanks I will try.
Edit: Looks much better now.
After editing @sprites["currentpocket"] it is perfect.

Last edited:

LinKazamine

Champion
What did you change?I need help with that
I would recommend looking at Lucidious' ZUD plugin for 20.1 since they included compatibility with this plugin to add a new pocket. Alternatively, you can look at my Charm's plugin to see how to implement either one (v20.1 and 21.1 of Essentials) or two (only v20.1 for now) new pockets in the bag with this plugin.

AshTanvir1010

Rookie
I would recommend looking at Lucidious' ZUD plugin for 20.1 since they included compatibility with this plugin to add a new pocket. Alternatively, you can look at my Charm's plugin to see how to implement either one (v20.1 and 21.1 of Essentials) or two (only v20.1 for now) new pockets in the bag with this plugin.
Thank you

rafahbit

Novice
I added the x moves system, which added a new tab in the bag. However, when switching items regardless of the bag tab, the texts are overlapping. Specifically, the HP and whether the item is able or unable. I don't remember this happening before adding the Z-Power [DBK Add-On], but I don't know how to fix it. Sometimes, after a while, the text would appear normally, but it only happens once each time the bag is opened. Attached is a screenshot showing how it looks.

I'm sorry for the English, I'm not fluent

(In the image, the Firium Z is able to use on Charizard, however, when I passed by some other item, the unable text stayed in the background, making it difficult to know if the item is able or not.)

able.disable.png

DiegoWT

Discord: diegowt
I added the x moves system, which added a new tab in the bag. However, when switching items regardless of the bag tab, the texts are overlapping. Specifically, the HP and whether the item is able or unable. I don't remember this happening before adding the Z-Power [DBK Add-On], but I don't know how to fix it. Sometimes, after a while, the text would appear normally, but it only happens once each time the bag is opened. Attached is a screenshot showing how it looks.

(In the image, the Firium Z is able to use on Charizard, however, when I passed by some other item, the unable text stayed in the background, making it difficult to know if the item is able or not.)

[...]
It seems like you might not have installed the other plugin properly or it doesn't support 100% mine.
You should check with the creators of the Z-Power plugin to see if that's supposed to happen. I'm not familiar with the code they used for recreating the mechanic.

Lucidious89

Champion

View attachment 26280
I can't replicate this issue with Z-Crystals, so it isn't a plugin issue. Considering that your bag screen looks customized, I have to assume you made personal code edits that are causing this to happen.

Proof:
demo.gif

rafahbit

Novice
I was checking, and it has no relation to the Z-Crystal. I was installing the plugins one by one and checking, and this happened when I added the Enhanced Battle UI. I didn't touch those scripts, I only made changes to the images. However, when I tried it on the original Pokémon Essentials, this didn't happen. I'm reinstalling all my plugins from scratch one by one to see why this happened. There's only one custom script that I edited, but it doesn't mess with the bag; it only deals with the level cap and the charms (I set it up so that when a charm is activated, it changes the game difficulty to easy, normal, hard, or super hard).

Thank you for checking and responding to me. If I find the problem, I'll let you know so that it doesn't happen to anyone else in the future :)

I can't replicate this issue with Z-Crystals, so it isn't a plugin issue. Considering that your bag screen looks customized, I have to assume you made personal code edits that are causing this to happen.

Proof:
View attachment 26286

rafahbit

Novice
I was checking, and it has no relation to the Z-Crystal. I was installing the plugins one by one and checking, and this happened when I added the Enhanced Battle UI. I didn't touch those scripts, I only made changes to the images. However, when I tried it on the original Pokémon Essentials, this didn't happen. I'm reinstalling all my plugins from scratch one by one to see why this happened. There's only one custom script that I edited, but it doesn't mess with the bag; it only deals with the level cap and the charms (I set it up so that when a charm is activated, it changes the game difficulty to easy, normal, hard, or super hard).

Thank you for checking and responding to me. If I find the problem, I'll let you know so that it doesn't happen to anyone else in the future :)

o find out why this is happening, I'm also using the charm case plugin and automatic level scaling, and I made an edit so that when activating the hardcharm or easycharm it would modify the corresponding variable. For some reason, when I put this script, this occurs in the backpack, it doesn't make sense to me, but when I removed that part of the script I did, it solved it.

It's not something essential, I'll put the variable change in some NPC in the game to remove that part of the script and return to the original charm case, I also tested all my 35 plugins and the problem really was that... why, I don't know.

Here's the part I modified in the charmcase, I don't know much about it so that's probably why it caused a problem, hahahahha.

#==============================================================================#
# =========================Easy Charm / Hard Charm ========================== #
#==============================================================================#
EventHandlers.add(:on_wild_pokemon_created, :difficulty_charms,
proc { |pokemon|
extra_level = 0

if $player.activeCharm?(:EASYCHARM)
$game_variables[99] = 1 # Sets variable 99 to 1 in Easy Charm
elsif $player.activeCharm?(:HARDCHARM)
$game_variables[99] = 3 # Set variable 99 to 2 in Hard Charm
else
$game_variables[99] = 0 # Returns variable 99 to 0 if no Charm is active
end

$game_variables[100] = $game_variables[99] # Set variable 100 based on variable 99

if $game_variables[99] > 0
extra_level = $game_variables[99]
level = pokemon.level
level += extra_level
level = level.clamp(1, GameData::GrowthRate.max_level)
pokemon.level = level
pokemon.calc_stats
end
}
)

mahouchoujou

Rookie
Any reason why the "Give Item" command from both Party and Bag crashes with this installed? Is there any way to fix it?

mahouchoujou

Rookie
Oh! Never mind, it seems to be an issue with the Move Relearner Plugin I had in here. It listed your plugin first so I assumed it was that! orz

Thomwell

Novice
Hello author, your plugin is really amazing. But I found an issue during testing. When I opened the Pok é mon interface in the Pok é mon team and tried to give items, a bug appeared with the prompt "undefined method" last_viewed_pocket "for nil: NiClass". Does this mean that I can only operate in the backpack interface? I am a beginner and not very familiar with Ruby. I have caused you trouble, thank you.

DiegoWT

Discord: diegowt
Hello author, your plugin is really amazing. But I found an issue during testing. When I opened the Pok é mon interface in the Pok é mon team and tried to give items, a bug appeared with the prompt "undefined method" last_viewed_pocket "for nil: NiClass". Does this mean that I can only operate in the backpack interface? I am a beginner and not very familiar with Ruby. I have caused you trouble, thank you.
I can't replicate it.
Check if you're indeed using the version 21.1 of Essentials together with its hotfixes. That way I don't see why the 2.5.0 version wouldn't work.

Back