• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Modern Quest System + UI

Resource Modern Quest System + UI 1.1.0

Cross Agento

Novice
I just started using this plugin and it works great! Just one minor thing and I'm sorry if this has already been answered, I'm also using Voltseon's Pause Menu and whenever you get a new quest or update, but don't check the quest in the menu, and then go to save, the game crashes. This is the error I get:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:230:in `update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:223:in `block (2 levels) in update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:223:in `each'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:223:in `block in update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:219:in `loop'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:219:in `update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:297:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:288:in `call_menu'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:122:in `call_menu'
032:Scene_Map:203:in `update'

JayEmKay48

Rookie
Thank you for the awesome script!

May I ask how I can make a repeatable quest? I saw from a previous comment that you said that we technically can. However, I tried make a quest be complete using "completeQuest(quest)" then activating it again using "activateQuest(quest)." I know why it didn't work now because I took a look at the script itself. I tried using the "advanceQuestToStage(quest, stageNumber)" command since, according to the meta, we can use it to and from any stage.

If that is the workaround for repeatable quests, is there any way that we can hide the active quest from the UI then unhide it at a later point?

ghostofherooftime

Novice
Don't mean to be obnoxious, but will this be updated for 21.1? This thing is amazing and i'd love to use it in my new project.

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
I just started using this plugin and it works great! Just one minor thing and I'm sorry if this has already been answered, I'm also using Voltseon's Pause Menu and whenever you get a new quest or update, but don't check the quest in the menu, and then go to save, the game crashes. This is the error I get:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 004_VoltseonMenu_Components.rb:230:in `update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:223:in `block (2 levels) in update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:223:in `each'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:223:in `block in update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:219:in `loop'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:219:in `update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:297:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:288:in `call_menu'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:122:in `call_menu'
032:Scene_Map:203:in `update'
Hi! I haven't seen this error before. Does it happen when you open the pause menu or when you click on Save specifically? It looks like a missing graphic somewhere to me.
Thank you for the awesome script!

May I ask how I can make a repeatable quest? I saw from a previous comment that you said that we technically can. However, I tried make a quest be complete using "completeQuest(quest)" then activating it again using "activateQuest(quest)." I know why it didn't work now because I took a look at the script itself. I tried using the "advanceQuestToStage(quest, stageNumber)" command since, according to the meta, we can use it to and from any stage.

If that is the workaround for repeatable quests, is there any way that we can hide the active quest from the UI then unhide it at a later point?
I think that should be possible. It will be a few days before I'm able to look, though.
Don't mean to be obnoxious, but will this be updated for 21.1? This thing is amazing and i'd love to use it in my new project.
As SuperBunny20 says, it should work as is. I haven't released an official update yet so there might be bugs. I'll get around to that... eventually.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
I got to testing the item that opens the quest menu again and got this error; undefined local variable or method 'pbViewQuests' for #<Interpreter:0x4355928>

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
Time's Power - RPG Maker XP 9_10_2023 1_17_37 PM.png
Time's Power - RPG Maker XP 9_10_2023 1_18_41 PM.png

ReezyJb91

Rookie
Yo! 1st off I love this plugin! Thank you for all you’ve done.
My quests screen currently shows up with a black text box instead of the white. Can anyone point me in the right direction to change this??

Thanks!

Attachments

• 414857E0-394F-4425-AF9E-A5D89D661FC9.jpeg
    414857E0-394F-4425-AF9E-A5D89D661FC9.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 86

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Yo! 1st off I love this plugin! Thank you for all you’ve done.
My quests screen currently shows up with a black text box instead of the white. Can anyone point me in the right direction to change this??

Thanks!
It looks like you don't have the graphics for the UI in the right place. They should be in Graphics\Pictures\QuestUI

ReezyJb91

Rookie
It looks like you don't have the graphics for the UI in the right place. They should be in Graphics\Pictures\QuestUI
Thank you! Now that I have that fixed I still don't have the black cursor showing next to the quests on the list! Sorry for the back to back requests.

zewasplays

Rookie
hey there, I've been trying to get the resource running but run into some problems. Everything is seemingly working with regard to setting up the quests, but when i go to check the menu (I'm using Voltseon's pause menu btw) there isn't a button to access the quests. There is, however, a string of text on the screen saying that there is a new quest added- so I'm not quite sure where the issue is. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
da408d0dbfc6f143fc71b40c95bbf05e.png

I get this error, how can I fix it?
use extendtext to expand the script window, and put a colon before your quest name.

Back