• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Encounter list UI (v19+)

Resource Encounter list UI (v19+) 1.1.0

super saiyan eevee

Rookie
Unfortunately, no. I think I'll have to add a conflict warning for this plugin since the two do not work together.
OK. I'm still going to use this because even if it doesn't have the "?", it's still great. Sorry, I should've read through the whole thread before asking the same question that's been asked before. I just saw this first comment and jumped the gun. Thank you though for the quick response!

Magic0loc0

Rookie
Is there any way of condensing all possible encounter types into one screen? Basically so that it shows all possible encounters on the route on the same screen, without the need to scroll.

Lucidious89

Champion
This resource has watered my crops. I'm making nice graphics for a bunch of different encounter types and having a great time! My only issue is that the "?" sprites don't seem to be working incode- they show up only as shadows, as in the attachment. I've narrowed the issue down to the seen_form_any_gender? code not working as it's supposed to (they're question marks when I remove that line from the code), but I'm still learning programming so I'm at a loss on how to fix it myself. I haven't edited anything in the file past the background graphic coding and have reinstalled to make sure it isn't just me being a fool.

Thank you for your time, and apologies for any trouble!
I'll add onto the above bug report by saying that while deleting that line does cause the ? graphic to show, it doesn't update the icon to the grayed out Pokémon after encountering it so it's not much of a fix. I tried looking into it myself and I'm not able to find the issue either but hopefully it can be fixed soon
The script is working, but I only see the Pokemon sprites and whether I have the pokemon or have only seen them. I want the question mark sprite for if I have never seen the Pokemon, but its not showing up. As if I've already seen the Pokemon before I've even received a Pokedex. Would this have anything to do with the overworld pokemon plugin that I have installed?
Is there a fix for this issue?
I'm having the opposite issue where I only see the greyed out pokemon even if I haven't seen the pokemon. I'd prefer to have question marks for pokemon that havent been seen. what am I doing wrong? lol

I made sure to start a new game and compile everything as well. I checked to make sure that the code is the same as the first part, it just doesnt want to work with me.
Unfortunately, no. I think I'll have to add a conflict warning for this plugin since the two do not work together.

This compatibility issue with Essentials Deluxe has been resolved in the newest release (v1.2.5). This plugin's display should now function as intended after updating Essentials Deluxe. Note that this update requires that you start a new game, however.

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Is there any way of condensing all possible encounter types into one screen? Basically so that it shows all possible encounters on the route on the same screen, without the need to scroll.
Yes, that would be possible. I'm not sure what would happen if you had a map with more unique species than can fit on the UI. That's a limitation you'd ned to bear in mind as you make your encounters.

This compatibility issue with Essentials Deluxe has been resolved in the newest release (v1.2.5). This plugin's display should now function as intended after updating Essentials Deluxe. Note that this update requires that you start a new game, however.
Thank you so much!

Magic0loc0

Rookie
I'm sorry, I phrased my question a little strangely. I wanted to know if it was possible to put all different encounter types (grass, surfing, fishing rod, etc.) on just one collective page. Basically to remove the need to scroll through all the different encounter type pages, as that can get a little frustrating, especially if you have like 5+ encounter types on the same route.

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
I'm sorry, I phrased my question a little strangely. I wanted to know if it was possible to put all different encounter types (grass, surfing, fishing rod, etc.) on just one collective page. Basically to remove the need to scroll through all the different encounter type pages, as that can get a little frustrating, especially if you have like 5+ encounter types on the same route.
Yes, that's possible. It would require reasonably large changes to the script.

CoderFreddy

Novice
When I try to access it in a area that has encounters it gives the following error.

[Pokémon Essentials version 21]
[v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:163:in `block in drawPresent'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:161:in `each'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:161:in `drawPresent'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:128:in `pbStartScene'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:232:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_PauseMenu:328:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
UI_PauseMenu:325:in `block in <main>'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:54:in `update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:222:in `block in update'

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
When I try to access it in a area that has encounters it gives the following error.

[Pokémon Essentials version 21]
[v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Backtrace:
UI_PauseMenu:328:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
UI_PauseMenu:325:in `block in <main>'
That's because $Trainer no longer exists in v21. I haven't updated this resource for v21 yet, but you should just be able to replace all mentions of $Trainer with $player and it will work.

Thunderbird games

Novice
I've not had this issue before. What error do you get?
heres the error code
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Backtrace:
UI_PauseMenu:331:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
UI_PauseMenu:328:in `block in <main>'

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
heres the error code
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Backtrace:
UI_PauseMenu:331:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
UI_PauseMenu:328:in `block in <main>'
Open 002_UI_Encounters.rb in something like Notepad++ and replace all mentions of $Trainer with $player.

hostman

Trainer
good plugin, my question is if there is any way to make it so that when you capture all the pokemon in an area, you talk to a trainer and they give you a reward

LinKazamine

Champion
You have two hotfixes installed (or compiled). Delete one of them (preferably the one with the lower number). It may not be the cause of your problem but will certainly keep you from getting some errors.

CarlosPR

Novice
You have two hotfixes installed (or compiled). Delete one of them (preferably the one with the lower number). It may not be the cause of your problem but will certainly keep you from getting some errors.
I just found out that it was some pictures missing.
and about the hotfixes I just have the 1.0.3 but for some reason it said I have 1.0.1 and 1.0.3

Jukes

Cooltrainer
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:112:in `pbStartScene'
UI_Pokegear:249:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:570:in `pbFadeOutIn'
UI_Pokegear:246:in `block in <main>'
UI_Pokegear:151:in `block in pbStartScreen'
UI_Pokegear:145:in `loop'
UI_Pokegear:145:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_PauseMenu:215:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'

I get this error every time i try to run this

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
[v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:112:in `pbStartScene'
UI_Pokegear:249:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
UI_Pokegear:246:in `block in <main>'
UI_Pokegear:151:in `block in pbStartScreen'
UI_Pokegear:145:in `loop'
UI_Pokegear:145:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_PauseMenu:215:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'

I get this error every time i try to run this
This tells you that the @max_enc variable is null. This should never happen as I gave it a fallback value even when a map has no encounters set. So you've either found an interesting bug I didn't account for or it's a user issue when you installed the script. In particular, if you've edited or deleted parts of the script. Can you give me more information on what you did?

Jukes

Cooltrainer
This tells you that the @max_enc variable is null. This should never happen as I gave it a fallback value even when a map has no encounters set. So you've either found an interesting bug I didn't account for or it's a user issue when you installed the script. In particular, if you've edited or deleted parts of the script. Can you give me more information on what you did?
You were correct. I fixed the issue.

However I have a more interesting issue.

I use the Automatic Level Scaling Plugin for my fan game and It seems that it will not mark the pokemon as seen if the scaling makes you encounter the evolved form. Is there maybe a way to make the two interact with each other and have it change whats in the area to the evolved form if youre over a certain level or something?

Alternatively I'd be okay if it just always showed what should be there instead of question marks

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
You were correct. I fixed the issue.

However I have a more interesting issue.

I use the Automatic Level Scaling Plugin for my fan game and It seems that it will not mark the pokemon as seen if the scaling makes you encounter the evolved form. Is there maybe a way to make the two interact with each other and have it change whats in the area to the evolved form if youre over a certain level or something?

Alternatively I'd be okay if it just always showed what should be there instead of question marks
I assume the Level Scaling plugin edits the encounter table? Or does it determine the encounter's evolved-ness as the battle begins by editing that one specific encounter? If the former, that should be easy to tap into for this resource. If the latter, then that won't be possible without significant work.

To remove the question marks, you can look at what I wrote in this comment.

Back