• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Encounter list UI (v19+)

Resource Encounter list UI (v19+) 1.1.0

Jukes

Cooltrainer
I assume the Level Scaling plugin edits the encounter table? Or does it determine the encounter's evolved-ness as the battle begins by editing that one specific encounter? If the former, that should be easy to tap into for this resource. If the latter, then that won't be possible without significant work.

To remove the question marks, you can look at what I wrote in this comment.
I Looked at the code and it seems that It goes by encounter. I'm wondering if its possible to have the encounter list determine if a pokemon encountered was part of the evolution family and highlight that one specific pokemon?

Or, does this plugin go based off of the encounter list and pokedex?

Last edited:

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
I Looked at the code and it seems that It goes by encounter. I'm wondering if its possible to have the encounter list determine if a pokemon encountered was part of the evolution family and highlight that one specific pokemon?

Or, does this plugin go based off of the encounter list and pokedex?
It uses exactly what's defined in encounters.txt for the given map. It would be possible to look at evolution lines using get_family_evolutions (you'd have to check the correct name of the function), but I'm not sure how that would behave for the UI.

mindbender12

Novice
Got this error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Bitmap's width (32) is not a multiple of frame width (40) [Bitmap=Graphics/Pictures/rightarrow]

Backtrace:
BitmapSprite:44:in `initializeLong'
BitmapSprite:94:in `initialize'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:118:in `new'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:118:in `pbStartScene'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:232:in `pbStartScreen'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:343:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:340:in `block in <main>'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:54:in `update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:222:in `block in update'

I assume it has something to do with Voltseon Pause Menu, but not sure what.

SkyArmyRecru1t

Pokémon Master
Got this error:
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Bitmap's width (32) is not a multiple of frame width (40) [Bitmap=Graphics/Pictures/rightarrow]

Backtrace:
BitmapSprite:44:in `initializeLong'
BitmapSprite:94:in `initialize'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:118:in `new'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:118:in `pbStartScene'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:343:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:340:in `block in <main>'

I assume it has something to do with Voltseon Pause Menu, but not sure what.
It's nothing to do with Voltseon's menu. It says that the width of rightarrow.png in your graphics folder isn't a multiple of 40 (since it's 32), which means you've either somehow changed the size of it or you replaced it with a new image smaller than that. If you did and you want to use the new arrows, you'll have to go into the plugin's script, somewhere around line 118 where it says
Ruby:
@sprites["rightarrow"] = AnimatedSprite.new("Graphics/Pictures/rightarrow",8,40,28,2,@viewport)
and change that 40 to a 32, and then change the 28 to whatever is the height of each frame of the arrow's animation. This is something unrelated to the plugin, but I'm pretty sure anywhere that uses that rightarrow png will be broken because of the same reasons, so you'll have to fix them all at some point too

mindbender12

Novice
It's nothing to do with Voltseon's menu. It says that the width of rightarrow.png in your graphics folder isn't a multiple of 40 (since it's 32), which means you've either somehow changed the size of it or you replaced it with a new image smaller than that. If you did and you want to use the new arrows, you'll have to go into the plugin's script, somewhere around line 118 where it says
Ruby:
@sprites["rightarrow"] = AnimatedSprite.new("Graphics/Pictures/rightarrow",8,40,28,2,@viewport)
and change that 40 to a 32, and then change the 28 to whatever is the height of each frame of the arrow's animation. This is something unrelated to the plugin, but I'm pretty sure anywhere that uses that rightarrow png will be broken because of the same reasons, so you'll have to fix them all at some point too
Apparently the arrows got deleted entirely from the game. Don't know how, but reinserting them worked. Thanks for the help.

Eaglit

Novice
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:163:in `block in drawPresent'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:161:in `each'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:161:in `drawPresent'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:128:in `pbStartScene'
UI_PauseMenu:330:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
UI_PauseMenu:327:in `block in <main>'

have deleted two messages of things not working and me fixing them and now this happens

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:163:in `block in drawPresent'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:161:in `each'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:161:in `drawPresent'
[Encounter List UI (v20)] 002_UI_Encounters.rb:128:in `pbStartScene'
UI_PauseMenu:330:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
UI_PauseMenu:327:in `block in <main>'

have deleted two messages of things not working and me fixing them and now this happens
I haven't updated this resource to v21.1 (and I'm not sure if I ever will). Replace all mentions of $Trainer with $player.

hostman

Trainer
1706188216238.png

try using the plugin for v21.1 I did what you told other people about changing trainer for player, but it still gives me an error, what can I do to solve it?

Willix

Novice
Thanks a lot for this, works right away, I tweaked it a bit so that it's an unlockable feature and also changes bg for each encounter type and it looks pretty cool. Just a question, is there any way to sort how the different encounters appear? Like, I want all my maps to have the same encounter page order (Land, Cave, Water, Fishing, Rest). Also, is it possible to skip a specific encounter type? For instance, I have a map that has all fishing encounters defined but I want to show only super rod encounters.

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Thanks a lot for this, works right away, I tweaked it a bit so that it's an unlockable feature and also changes bg for each encounter type and it looks pretty cool. Just a question, is there any way to sort how the different encounters appear? Like, I want all my maps to have the same encounter page order (Land, Cave, Water, Fishing, Rest). Also, is it possible to skip a specific encounter type? For instance, I have a map that has all fishing encounters defined but I want to show only super rod encounters.
I imagine both of those things are possible but I have no idea how to do it. You need to find a way to sort/subset the @encounter_tables object defined on line 67 of the script.

Hello! I'm getting this error when opening Encounters in the pause menu.

View attachment 26965

View attachment 26966
Compile your plugins.

Willix

Novice
I imagine both of those things are possible but I have no idea how to do it. You need to find a way to sort/subset the @encounter_tables object defined on line 67 of the script.

Compile your plugins.
Thanks for the advice! I managed to sort that object (I basically created an empty hash and then loop to fill it using certain order criteria) and now I have my encounters properly sorted. I was able to remove undesired encounter types using the same method as well, I'm really happy about how it ended up looking 😁

ThatWelshOne_

Champion
Thanks for the advice! I managed to sort that object (I basically created an empty hash and then loop to fill it using certain order criteria) and now I have my encounters properly sorted. I was able to remove undesired encounter types using the same method as well, I'm really happy about how it ended up looking 😁
Ooh congrats! :D

Back