• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Game Jam Game Jam #3: Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
gamejam3.png

Let the jam commence yet again!
RELIC GAME JAM #3 has begun!
JUNE 30TH - AUGUST 10TH 2017

Discussion Thread
Overview Thread - Recruitment Thread
Be sure to check out the #game-jam-3 channel on our Discord!

Relic Game Jam #3

Welcome to the third annual Relic Castle Game Jam!

For the uninformed: a game jam is an event where developers will get together and make a game. It sounds simple at first glance, but making a good game is much more difficult and time consuming than you might think. Participating in one is a great way to challenge yourself, learn new skills, and polish your overall experience as a game developer.

We've now had two very successful game jams under our belt. Previous years demonstrated to us that the Pokémon fan game community is full of creative individuals who have an eye for quality and interesting ideas. We've always been impressed with what comes out of these game jams, and we're eagerly awaiting what this year will hold!

This is, of course, the first game jam on our relatively brand new forums. That hasn't dulled any of the hype and enthusiasm for this year's game jam though, as it looks like that everyone has been looking forward to it with bated breath. With all that said, good luck to all participants!

And an extra special thanks to @Cilerba for the game jam logo this year!

You can find more information about the game jam in the Overview Thread.

Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Relic Game Jam #3 discussion thread! Here you can discuss the game jam, show progress off on your entry, get feedback on your entry, get hyped about other entries, and all that good stuff! If you're looking to recruit, try the Relic Game Jam #3 recruitment thread! Otherwise, have at it!

Presley

Fastest Man Alive
I can't wait to see all of the entries for the Game Jam! Currently, I've already mapped out some things for my project, but I won't reveal anything too much just yet. This is my first Game Jam, so I'm really excited to see what everyone creates!

Dr. Pikachu PhD

Trust me, I'm a doctor. Technically.
Oh yeah - it's finally time to jam!! I've seriously been on the edge of my seat for days now waiting to get started. ^.^

Wooo, it's finally time! I must have been thinking up ideas for a few months, and I'm excited to be able to start working on them now! Really excited to see what everyone else creates too, and I hope people look forward to what I'll create working together with @Deo this year! Happy jamming!

There would be 80+ members thinking about participating, of which 40 would agree, of which 20 would give up after a few days. Of the remaining 20, 10 would give up in the last weeks. 3 or 4 would be late. So ... We'd be left with 6-7 entries.

...Where are these numbers coming from?

Here's some numbers: The first game jam had about 11 entries, and the second game jam had around 14. A lot of the active members now are the same who participated in at least 1 jam before, so it's more likely the number of games would increase? (unless all those members team up instead of doing solo projects)

There would be 80+ members thinking about participating, of which 40 would agree, of which 20 would give up after a few days. Of the remaining 20, 10 would give up in the last weeks. 3 or 4 would be late. So ... We'd be left with 6-7 entries.
Not quite sure what you're talking about here? Seems to me like you've completely made up those numbers. Anyway, last year we had around 15 entries, and judging from how many more people seem to be hyped up this year, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than that this time round.

Presley

Fastest Man Alive
If anyone else wants to make a cameo appearance in my project, let me know. Obviously, using existing sprites or a sprite you have would be easier. Additionally, using a human sprite would make including you the easiest, but I can find a way if you want to be represented as a Pokemon or something.

Riddle

Novice
I'm super excited to see what this one wields! I'm a little torn on whether I should participate--I'm a complete newbie in game making :P
Regardless, good luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back