• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Pathways

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version

New Pathwayz.jpg

OVERVIEW

~Made using Pokemon Essentials~

For Generations, Pokemon has been a game where you get your starter from the professor,

catch wild Pokemon, Beat the gym leaders, defeat the elite 4 and inevitably become Champion.

Maybe you even get a legendary or two during your journey. All of this is known as the typical

Pokemon game format. Today, I bring you something different.. Unique, so to speak. This project is currently

being worked on by two people. Both of us enjoyed the creation of this game and this is the first game we ever made and released.

We hope you all enjoy playing it.

Without further delay!

FEATURES & SCREENSHOTS

~ Player's Choice
- A majority of in game outcomes are solely dependent on your choices alone.
What you say, do and decide will dictate your future, just like real life.

~ Character Stats

- Stats such as Intelligence, Strength, Charm and Skill
are all calculated based on your choices in game. These stats also determine what
you as an individual are capable of. Make a choice, and you'll see one of these stats effected.

Intelligence - Determines how smart the player is. It is needed to ascend to higher rank classes and discover the unknown.
Strength - Determines how physically strong the player is. It is needed to move, make or break objects!
Charm - Determines how attractive the player is. It is needed to increase success when flirting and to encounter Legendary Pokemon!
Skill - Determines the player's abilities as a Pokemon trainer. It is needed to unlock more wild Pokemon and Trainers to battle!

~ Energy - A character stat that determines how many actions you are able to do in a day. Various activities will consume your Energy.
You will be notified once your Energy is low, and once it is low enough, you will have the choice to sleep and start the next day.

~ Interactions - Not necessarily a character stat, but still effected by player actions. It determines the game's time of day.
Essentially, the more interactions you make in a day, the more time has passed. It is reset everyday.

~ Reputation - Positive and Negative alignment based on your choices in game. Some may be good, others not so much.
The same person may say different things to you depending on your level of Reputation.

~ NPC Affinity - Some of the NPC's in your class are students you can bond with. These while bonding, these NPC's will give you a variety of things.
Their affinity with you is displayed when interacted with. You may talk and battle with them daily, and will be able to unlock future interactions as well.

~ Schooling System - You are at an academy with your own dorm room. You are expected to complete homework on time and attend class Monday - Friday.
Failure to do so will result in a detention. Getting enough Detentions and skipping detentions skipped will ultimately lead to your expulsion.

~ Save Through Sleep
- You are only able to save the game when you sleep and start a new day, Not when you want!
This feature is to force you to think about your choices because there is no going back and redoing, unless you're willing to forfeit a days worth of progress.

GAME DOWNLOAD

I strongly recommend you play the game blind, however, if you'd like a bit more information to help your run, here are some Guides made by Shinu_Guardian, Yukine13 and Arcturus
Master Guide

SUPPORT
If you have any questions or would like to speak with us directly, you can find us on our Discord Server Here.
I am BORN, and the one working with me is LYGN.

We do other creative things such as making music, videos, art, and more.

CREDITS
Owner:
GrayHatred (Aka BORN)

Co-Owner:
LYGN

Developers:
Shinu Guardian
Miloszelex
Rexzo Kuxne
Barret
FyreEater
Arcturus
Omni
Aero
Vastus
Aruhi

Contributors:
Woofa
DJ-Devil
Midnight

Alpha Testers:

Zim32
Duoshiki
DmvKam
Concord1a122
OxenKing
Quap
Luvyaoi
Pienyx
----
Developers:

Maruno
Poccil
Mej71
Marin
Flameguru
MiDas Mike/Emily Konichi
Unknown
Wachunga
KitsuneKouta
MakaAttack202
xLeD
Harshboy
FL
Soundspawn
Popper
Golisopod User
DerFischae
Vendily
JV
Marin
NettoHikari
Richard PT
bo4p5687
Theo/MrGela
Zingzags
Rayd12smitty
Help-14
PurpleZaffre
Akizakura16
Thundaga
Luka S.J
Gamefreak
Not Important
Nintendo
Sega
SonicTeam
Enterbrain

KNOWN BUGS
These are bugs I am aware of and working on, but are not fixed in the current game's release.

Pokemon Pathways Known Bugs List

Last edited:

Christinewho

Novice
Any chance for the additions of other mons in the game? Saw one of my classmates was using a Totodile and was bummed I couldn’t seem to catch one myself.
As far is know they have just added the Tikaton line, although having a totodile would be nice. :) So yeah. Also, this game is probably a lot of work.

AL-Halbman

Rookie
The Pokemon Pathways Starter guide(the Google Doc) can be found on the first page of the first post. I found out that you need to get an Eevee, you do have to have the neutral alignment is the right thing. For the traits you have to have them tied! You probably read it wrong.

I don't think you can get a Sylveon as far as I know as a starter in this game, but getting an Eevee is already progress.
Thanks so much!!! i know its been a week from now but i kinda forgot to look everyday for a reply after doing it for several days.
Still, you are my lifesaver, for giving me such great amounts of insight and information with your reply and that guide. My problem was probably,
that i have read about something for an older version of the game. i will try the game again tomorrow but one last question if it isn't bothering you.
In the main Pokémon game series, you were able to get (even if its uncommon) a female starter instead of a male one. is this also possible in pathways?
if it is, can you just reload your save if you get a male one or do you need to start from the very beginning over? As always, much appreciated.

Christinewho

Novice
Thanks so much!!! i know its been a week from now but i kinda forgot to look everyday for a reply after doing it for several days.
Still, you are my lifesaver, for giving me such great amounts of insight and information with your reply and that guide. My problem was probably,
that i have read about something for an older version of the game. i will try the game again tomorrow but one last question if it isn't bothering you.
In the main Pokémon game series, you were able to get (even if its uncommon) a female starter instead of a male one. is this also possible in pathways?
if it is, can you just reload your save if you get a male one or do you need to start from the very beginning over? As always, much appreciated.
You know you could not save after the first screen until the first day of school. Then. close the game with alt+f4 it works. However, I have to check myself for the female or male thing. I mean, after having done the questionnaire and the dream. :D I just realised that wouldn't work after sleeping in your dorms for the first time save on another save file without having saved beforehand otherwise you probably won't be able to get the starter you want, and you can close the game with alt+f4. :)
Edit: Just got a male Sprigatito. 2 in a row male. I think it's just male as a starter or the chance is extremely low, or that isn't integrated in yet. The latter wouldn't be too surprising.
Edit 2: It seems to sadly only be male for starters. Also, I'm too lazy to try a 4th time.
Maybe we could ask the dev directly, although they (not wanting to assume their gender) might be busy working on this. :D

Last edited:

meldarion

Rookie
You know you could not save after the first screen until the first day of school. Then. close the game with alt+f4 it works. However, I have to check myself for the female or male thing. I mean, after having done the questionnaire and the dream. :D I just realised that wouldn't work after sleeping in your dorms for the first time save on another save file without having saved beforehand otherwise you probably won't be able to get the starter you want, and you can close the game with alt+f4. :)
Edit: Just got a male Sprigatito. 2 in a row male. I think it's just male as a starter or the chance is extremely low, or that isn't integrated in yet. The latter wouldn't be too surprising.
Edit 2: It seems to sadly only be male for starters. Also, I'm too lazy to try a 4th time.
Maybe we could ask the dev directly, although they (not wanting to assume their gender) might be busy working on this. :D
https://discord.com/invite/pathways hopefully this works for your discord problem

Y/N

Rookie
How do I attend the S-class because all I did was just entered it and nothing happen and, the next day it says that I miss the class and now I got detention. Pls help me T-T

Christinewho

Novice
How do I attend the S-class because all I did was just entered it and nothing happen and, the next day it says that I miss the class and now I got detention. Pls help me T-T
Did you remember to sit down or is there no seat? I haven't got there yet so I have no idea.

Christinewho

Novice
That's the thing, my seat is taken but I sat next to him but nothing happen... S-class by the way
weird although maybe look through the thread did you talk to the character? I saw another post heard somewhere having to talk to someone else first maybe you're mentor or something.

Y/N

Rookie
I
weird although maybe look through the thread did you talk to the character? I saw another post heard somewhere having to talk to someone else first maybe you're mentor or something.
talk to all of them, I just don't know what to do next... pls help me T-T

Christinewho

Novice
I

I mean I'm not S rank at all. Let me check through the thread again but I did see at page 6 I think someone having to talk to my tutor than the battle tour thing which I have no idea where that it is.

Anyone else can't help?

Christinewho

Novice
I

your question
I mean I'm not S rank at all. Let me check through the thread again but I did see at page 6 I think someone having to talk to my tutor than the battle tour thing which I have no idea where that it is.

Anyone else can't help?
my answer althout page 6 was right there if you're at a computer ctrl+f makes it easy too look just with typing S rank

Althought, since you do seem to want to look the answer yourself here's some quotes from those two messages. :D

I got to S rank and have no idea what to do, think I accidentally blew through the dialog with my mentor and im stuck on monday with the classroom locked

Go to battle arena and talk to instructor to start tourney it’s very lengthy expect a lot of restarts

Although I have no idea where the battle arena is at least they mean the battle club.

Y/N

Rookie
your question

my answer althout page 6 was right there if you're at a computer ctrl+f makes it easy too look just with typing S rank

Althought, since you do seem to want to look the answer yourself here's some quotes from those two messages. :D

Although I have no idea where the battle arena is at least they mean the battle club.
Today is Thursday in game and I got disqualified, but I can joined back on Monday... plus, I tried joining all the class from D-rank class to S-rank class nothing happen, and I still can go in to the Detention room unless I go to todays class

The save I got is on Thrusday early morning at 7 plus, in cse you want to know

Christinewho

Novice
There's a bug with the C-rank lunch or in general. I think the requirement to sit to eat lunch with someone is too high meaning you get stuck and unable to end the lunch period to go back to class is a bummer. This should be fixed ASAP or lowered.

Great now, I'm stuck 8.5 out of 10 until someone finds a way to help me, or this is lowered ASAP since it gets us locked out of going forward. I hope someone replies to this.
Edit: I'm going to try to find a way to cheat out of there if that means having detention for it.

Edit: Nevermind, it should be specified that you should talk to the girls in a kind of desk thing in the cafeteria to get the special for the day.

Last edited:

darku.sayzzz

Novice
Hey i download the game today and when I'm trying to open it it's saying error pls help me I want to play this game

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231015-110748_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg
    Screenshot_20231015-110748_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20231015-111117_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg
    Screenshot_20231015-111117_RPG Maker Plugin for JoiPlay.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 58

Christinewho

Novice
Hey i download the game today and when I'm trying to open it it's saying error pls help me I want to play this game
Remember that you have to unzip it first. It works better if you are on a computer. It's .zip file when you should have downloaded it correctly. Did you click the blue button first, than did a right click after it being download as needed. And just extract file. Although you could use 7-zip which is free to install.

I will just add something, I'll find it hard to get ground types. :(

Which Pokeball should I use to catch a Meltan? None are working :(

Some pokemon are so hard to catch seriously. :'(

Back