• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Pathways

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version

New Pathwayz.jpg

OVERVIEW

~Made using Pokemon Essentials~

For Generations, Pokemon has been a game where you get your starter from the professor,

catch wild Pokemon, Beat the gym leaders, defeat the elite 4 and inevitably become Champion.

Maybe you even get a legendary or two during your journey. All of this is known as the typical

Pokemon game format. Today, I bring you something different.. Unique, so to speak. This project is currently

being worked on by two people. Both of us enjoyed the creation of this game and this is the first game we ever made and released.

We hope you all enjoy playing it.

Without further delay!

FEATURES & SCREENSHOTS

~ Player's Choice
- A majority of in game outcomes are solely dependent on your choices alone.
What you say, do and decide will dictate your future, just like real life.

~ Character Stats

- Stats such as Intelligence, Strength, Charm and Skill
are all calculated based on your choices in game. These stats also determine what
you as an individual are capable of. Make a choice, and you'll see one of these stats effected.

Intelligence - Determines how smart the player is. It is needed to ascend to higher rank classes and discover the unknown.
Strength - Determines how physically strong the player is. It is needed to move, make or break objects!
Charm - Determines how attractive the player is. It is needed to increase success when flirting and to encounter Legendary Pokemon!
Skill - Determines the player's abilities as a Pokemon trainer. It is needed to unlock more wild Pokemon and Trainers to battle!

~ Energy - A character stat that determines how many actions you are able to do in a day. Various activities will consume your Energy.
You will be notified once your Energy is low, and once it is low enough, you will have the choice to sleep and start the next day.

~ Interactions - Not necessarily a character stat, but still effected by player actions. It determines the game's time of day.
Essentially, the more interactions you make in a day, the more time has passed. It is reset everyday.

~ Reputation - Positive and Negative alignment based on your choices in game. Some may be good, others not so much.
The same person may say different things to you depending on your level of Reputation.

~ NPC Affinity - Some of the NPC's in your class are students you can bond with. These while bonding, these NPC's will give you a variety of things.
Their affinity with you is displayed when interacted with. You may talk and battle with them daily, and will be able to unlock future interactions as well.

~ Schooling System - You are at an academy with your own dorm room. You are expected to complete homework on time and attend class Monday - Friday.
Failure to do so will result in a detention. Getting enough Detentions and skipping detentions skipped will ultimately lead to your expulsion.

~ Save Through Sleep
- You are only able to save the game when you sleep and start a new day, Not when you want!
This feature is to force you to think about your choices because there is no going back and redoing, unless you're willing to forfeit a days worth of progress.

GAME DOWNLOAD

I strongly recommend you play the game blind, however, if you'd like a bit more information to help your run, here are some Guides made by Shinu_Guardian, Yukine13 and Arcturus
Master Guide

SUPPORT
If you have any questions or would like to speak with us directly, you can find us on our Discord Server Here.
I am BORN, and the one working with me is LYGN.

We do other creative things such as making music, videos, art, and more.

CREDITS
Owner:
GrayHatred (Aka BORN)

Co-Owner:
LYGN

Developers:
Shinu Guardian
Miloszelex
Rexzo Kuxne
Barret
FyreEater
Arcturus
Omni
Aero
Vastus
Aruhi

Contributors:
Woofa
DJ-Devil
Midnight

Alpha Testers:

Zim32
Duoshiki
DmvKam
Concord1a122
OxenKing
Quap
Luvyaoi
Pienyx
----
Developers:

Maruno
Poccil
Mej71
Marin
Flameguru
MiDas Mike/Emily Konichi
Unknown
Wachunga
KitsuneKouta
MakaAttack202
xLeD
Harshboy
FL
Soundspawn
Popper
Golisopod User
DerFischae
Vendily
JV
Marin
NettoHikari
Richard PT
bo4p5687
Theo/MrGela
Zingzags
Rayd12smitty
Help-14
PurpleZaffre
Akizakura16
Thundaga
Luka S.J
Gamefreak
Not Important
Nintendo
Sega
SonicTeam
Enterbrain

KNOWN BUGS
These are bugs I am aware of and working on, but are not fixed in the current game's release.

Pokemon Pathways Known Bugs List

Last edited:

Christinewho

Novice
Dive & waterfall are in the 4th and 5th C field respectively
Oh, thank you! Also, is there a way to fish or not in this game?

Also, is there any stuff that heals from a lot? Like not 20p. Although, I might need to use the mine/cave (next to the dojo) more. 😩
I guess lemonade, although they are expensive. ☺️
The Pokemons are way too high level compared to my Pokemon. Also, you shouldn't call a classmate when you should be in class since you'll have to battle the teacher and lose the money you have. at the time.

Last edited:

Christinewho

Novice
Where do you find rock smash?
Is Stufful available in this game?

Also, what are Apricorn used for?

Last edited:

Christinewho

Novice
Since it has been more than two days I will just guess the discord is gone since the link is invalid rip. :'( Also, still have no answer.

Christinewho

Novice
Download link is broken
it wasn't for me. I mean the discord link. You click download the blue button is a Google Drive files, it should go in your download, then you extract the file (you can try 7-zip or windows extractor file that comes with windows). And this only available for PC which is mentioned often.

Bastonia

Rookie
Anyone know how to fix this error code?
Script 'save date'' line 28: TypeError occured. incompatible marshal file format (can't read) format version 4.8 required; 0.0 given

AL-Halbman

Rookie
I'm still waiting for a reply seriously. :'(
I cant help you with your problem since im not even past day one. I think many of us are still waiting to get replies, i wrote mine almost a month ago and still got no reply from anyone.

KassTheGnome

Rookie
Wondering if anyone who took Born as their mentor isn't gaining the skill points when they call him? It will tell me I gain the point. But lookin at the stats the number never increases from it.

Christinewho

Novice
I cant help you with your problem since im not even past day one. I think many of us are still waiting to get replies, i wrote mine almost a month ago and still got no reply from anyone.
What was your question? I might be able to help especially day one. :)

if its not hard work, can you or someone else if they have the answer tell me the exact steps on how to get a Sylveon as your Starter? Ive tried so many different combinations with all other stats. My allignment was neutral (2/2) and my charm dominant everytime but im just keep getting a fuecoco. Pls Help ;_; i just want to be with my special girl
The Pokemon Pathways Starter guide(the Google Doc) can be found on the first page of the first post. I found out that you need to get an Eevee, you do have to have the neutral alignment is the right thing. For the traits you have to have them tied! You probably read it wrong.

I don't think you can get a Sylveon as far as I know as a starter in this game, but getting an Eevee is already progress.

Download link is broken
Do you mean because it's 7.3 and not 7.5? Although I did answer you are earlier with what I know.

Grayhatred

Novice
For those of you not in the discord server, multiple versions have been released and the update you see now available is the most stable. Here's what's been added:

10/2/2023 | Alpha 7.5 | Patch Update
  • 5 New Contributors added, located in Library, Artifact Cave, South City District, Department Store Rooftop, and Lava Park
  • Moltres and Articuno have been added because Zapdos seemed lonely.
  • Phone System now tells you unavailable phones aren't available. Only applies to new game and onwards.
  • More grammatical fixes
  • Elisia challenging born loop fixed
  • Minor bugs fixed

----------------------------------------------

9/25/2023 | Alpha 7.4.9 | Insanity Update
  • Insanity Room Has been Added. This Room is located in the new dawn. Go there to suffer.
  • Added Random Food Items you can obtain during class cafeteria
  • Floor fields revamped
  • Difficulty rebalanced, Made it easier for you weaklings :D ~Fyre
  • Sprite improvements
  • Massive Grammar Update, thanks to community Grammar challenge!
  • Added a few more songs to the songs list
  • Bug fixes

8/28/2023 | Alpha 7.4.1 | Patch Update

• Master roles for Knight, Ninja and Beast tamer have been added
  • Megastones for the new Megas have been added
( Mightyena, Flygon, Volcarona, Mimikyu, and Dragapult)
  • Fixed issue with all trainer battles having basic abilities
  • Made Money cap 10 Million
  • Completing Homework No longer reduces energy
  • Homework is not properly assigned to D-Class
  • Fixed crash with trainer Wes

8/27/2023 | Alpha 7.4 | Game Update

• Trainers Blue and Red Battles have been Revamped
  • New Role Ranger has been added to D-Rank Field.
  • All TMs are available.
  • Partner Pikachu and Eevee added to the starter line.
  • Shadow Pokemon can now level up.
  • Tinkaton line added to the game.
  • Lycanrock has been revamped ( Additional typing for each form) (Expanded Movepool) (Changed Some Abilities)
  • D-Rank class quest has been added
  • D-Rank classes now have a chance to take you to cafeteria or battle a classmate after day 3
  • Morning and Night have different color shading, making them easier to see in.
  • the time in Little Maw work like every other place in-game
  • Item finder and hidden items in the fields.
  • Losing to the final match of Battle Week still counts as completing it.
  • New affinity characters to bond with (Caroline, Mandy and Kairo)
  • Yariette and Caroline OW Sprites upgraded
  • Akiza and Mandy have their own battle theme
  • Several megastones were added to the fields.
  • Hyun and Caroline don't fight you twice anymore... In theory.
  • Dreadna has an actual team outside of class.
  • Hitmon line stat buffs.
  • Added a few more things you can do to increase stats in little maw
  • Rocket fanboy in Detention has a mini-quest if you become the boss/disband it.
  • Move tutor for Hidden Power in Mind Asylum.
  • All classmates have dialogue in class.
  • The neutral outfit was modified
  • Grammar fixes.
  • Bug fixes.

Grayhatred

Novice
I'm letting you all know that the egg hatch bug has been destroyed. It will no longer terrorize players wanting to hatch pokemon, and infact, I took it a step further. Eggs no longer take up party space with the introduction of the new egg hatcher item. Basically once you obtain an egg, you can select the egg hatcher and choose the egg you want to hatch in your party. You will be notified how many steps it takes to hatch an egg, aswell as store up to 6 eggs at a time! You're very welcome. You get this item from mom at the start of the game or from the academy pokemon center if you've already progressed and are transferring your save. Im also happy to say we got the Kagurabachi outfit and Academy Monarch outfits available too, so even though this patch was mainly to fix a game breaking bug, I tried to turn this L into a W lol. Have fun, you can grab the latest version in <#1074388055848390706>

10/3/2023 | Alpha 7.5.1| Patch Update
- Added Egg Hatcher item obtained from Mom or academy Pokecenter. You can now hatch up to 6 eggs at a time without
any of them taking up party slots.
  • Added Academy Monarch Outfit reward for defeating Born in S-Rank
  • Added Kagurabachi Outfit obtainable after crafting the Katana after day 1 at the academy island front
  • Katana has been added as a held item, it increases slashing moves by 20% and 10% chance the wielder goes first
  • Egg hatch animation has been removed, this fixes the egg hatch softlock
  • Minor Bugs fixed.

Grayhatred

Novice
10/7/2023 | Alpha 7.5.2 | Optimization Update
  • Max Raid Dens were rebalanced.
  • The lag issue was mostly fixed, hopefully.
  • TEMPORARILY removed Egg Hatcher for optimization. Will come back soon.
  • PP Ups are being sold somewhere now. Good luck finding where.
  • Some items like Leppa Berries had their prices increased for balance purposes.
  • Some obscure bugs were fixed.

ShadeyMelodies

Rookie
How do i increase charm? I know how to increase skill strength and intelligence but i cant find a place to increase charm

Christinewho

Novice
How far is the game currently i will wait if it is not 100 % ready
Be patient, some of us like you don't know how to make this kind of thing. It's not that easy, it may seem easy but I bet it isn't at all.
At least, we finally had an update with the updated link. :D

Giragatr

Rookie
Any chance for the additions of other mons in the game? Saw one of my classmates was using a Totodile and was bummed I couldn’t seem to catch one myself.

Back