• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Following Pokemon EX

Resource Following Pokemon EX 2.2.3

AgentKiwi09

Novice
Thank you so much! Only problem is when I added it to my project I got this error:

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Following Pokemon EX] Event_Sprite Commands.rb:89:in `refresh'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:112:in `pbDebugMenu'
UI_PauseMenu:297:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
UI_PauseMenu:296:in `block in <main>'
UI_PauseMenu:124:in `block in pbStartPokemonMenu'
UI_PauseMenu:117:in `loop'
UI_PauseMenu:117:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Enhanced Pokemon UI] [002] Legacy Data.rb:321:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:110:in `call_menu'

Any help with this?

NoNoNever

Dev from Pokémon Illusion, Pokémon Bloody Moon
Thank you so much! Only problem is when I added it to my project I got this error:

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
[Following Pokemon EX] Event_Sprite Commands.rb:89:in `refresh'
[Following Pokemon EX] Refresh.rb:112:in `pbDebugMenu'
UI_PauseMenu:297:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
UI_PauseMenu:296:in `block in <main>'
UI_PauseMenu:124:in `block in pbStartPokemonMenu'
UI_PauseMenu:117:in `loop'
UI_PauseMenu:117:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
[Enhanced Pokemon UI] [002] Legacy Data.rb:321:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
Scene_Map:110:in `call_menu'

Any help with this?
You seem to have the v20 version, StepAnimeOff is in the v20 version, in my port for v21 there is no StepAnimeOff but STEP_ANIME_OFF as it was changed in v21 from StepAnimeOff to STEP_ANIME_OFF

Or i messed up the Port with the Last Update, i can look After work

AgentKiwi09

Novice
You seem to have the v20 version, StepAnimeOff is in the v20 version, in my port for v21 there is no StepAnimeOff but STEP_ANIME_OFF as it was changed in v21 from StepAnimeOff to STEP_ANIME_OFF

Or i messed up the Port with the Last Update, i can look After work
I just downloaded the version provided to me for the port. I couldn't find where your port was linked so that could also be an issue as well. Take your time and thanks for the help!

MickTK

Novice
Does anyone know what the license is? In the updates section there is "feel free to add-on or extend this resource as you please" but it didn't say anything about modifying or updating.

newuser45663434

Rookie
hi when i download the main 20.1 file from mediafire, there is not the graphic folders(Follower etc) (animations) only has someone the graphics because i can use the script but no pokemon is showing up

Blazachicken

Rookie
im having an issue with the come in come out animation, it doesnt play at all so when i toggle the following pokemon they just disappear/appear, i put all the files in the right locations and everything else works perfectly, i just cant get the pokeball animation to play

NoNoNever

im having an issue with the come in come out animation, it doesnt play at all so when i toggle the following pokemon they just disappear/appear, i put all the files in the right locations and everything else works perfectly, i just cant get the pokeball animation to play
thats my fault, i fix it

Bowlingsoup

Rookie
I have the 2.2.7 version installed for the 21.1 version of Essentials. The plugin works great. But whenever I walk from one map to another, the follower lags behind for a brief moment. Only to be teleported behind me again.

Does anyone else have this issue? I have multiple other plugins installed, so it might also just be an issue from my end.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
I have the 2.2.7 version installed for the 21.1 version of Essentials. The plugin works great. But whenever I walk from one map to another, the follower lags behind for a brief moment. Only to be teleported behind me again.

Does anyone else have this issue? I have multiple other plugins installed, so it might also just be an issue from my end.
Me too, but I have also installed other plugins.

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
This plugin is just so so good! I just have one question: Someone has some example on how to properly handle the following Pokémon when leaving a door? Like in the Pokémon games, the follower just appears after you give one step after leaving a house. Does this plugin have something to handle that? Or I need to do a custom event for this?

Last edited:

TheQuiet

Rookie
This plugin is just so so good! I just have one question: Someone has some example on how to properly handle the following Pokémon when leaving a door? Like in the Pokémon games, the follower just appears after you give one step after leaving a house. Does this plugin have something to handle that? Or I need to do a custom event for this?

This already works natively with the plugin. It is achieved through the script in the door events you can copy straight from the included Essentials maps. On the second event page (the exit door event), there is script in them that handles this. Here is what it looks like:

1704811077573.png

EDIT: I should clarify that this script is present in door events from the included Essentials maps in v21.1. I can't speak to previous versions of Essentials maps, but either way, you can see follower related scripts in the wiki page for Followers that will also interact with this plugin.

Last edited:

Victorcarvalhosp

Novice
This already works natively with the plugin. It is achieved through the script in the door events you can copy straight from the included Essentials maps. On the second event page (the exit door event), there is script in them that handles this. Here is what it looks like:

View attachment 23915

EDIT: I should clarify that this script is present in door events from the included Essentials maps in v21.1. I can't speak to previous versions of Essentials maps, but either way, you can see follower related scripts in the wiki page for Followers that will also interact with this plugin.
Oh thank you very much!! I totally missed this! My game comes from a very old Pokémon Essentials version, and just recently I updated to v20! I can see the same events on Pokémon Essentials 20 too - so I think it'll work, I'll have to re-do like 200 doors on my game, but that's ok haha.

Again, thank you very much!

NoNoNever

that was the only thing i couldn't fix so far, i just can't find a solution :(

Doombones67

Novice
For some reason whenever I turn the following pokemon on the pokeball animation never plays and I have to replace the animation.rx.data to make the animation appear again and then the next time I open up a playtest the animation doesnt play how do I fix it?

NoNoNever

i have just uploaded a new version, please try it again and let me know if it works now

NoNoNever

For some reason whenever I turn the following pokemon on the pokeball animation never plays and I have to replace the animation.rx.data to make the animation appear again and then the next time I open up a playtest the animation doesnt play how do I fix it?
i have just uploaded a new version, please try it again and let me know if it works now

Back