• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released The Chakra Clinic

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
b855cd813013154f08ec6c572da2467aa215232a.png

DOWNLOAD
RESOURCE PACK

Ever notice all those talented NPCs? The ones that can master move techniques, recall your Pokémon's memories, or see their potential?
The Chakra Clinic studies just those kinds of people! They've recruited several gifted children to stay at the facility and study their unique talents.
Play as Alyssa, a girl who can tell a Pokémon's Hidden Power, and meet an entertaining cast of characters as you participate in your studies. But is there more to the Clinic than meets the eye?
Playtime: About 10-15 minutes

ca93fa42a315b6e114b71a5b45d6645abc1e9f3c.png
11d523a03300cb2948904d7ad7fe830bb38145d1.gifv

7a5470a688279440a9bd0d89bec77baf8f3643d9.png
9dcf9b7473685494fab3aeba5d9cc708875c3ba1.png
6079240c57b47b8d54281d72a66db2496d803c03.png
3f9b034f4f58da770cf1ce36172f0b337026c535.png

Engine

Pokémon Essentials

Flameguru

Poccil (Peter O.)

Maruno

With contributions from:

Luka S.J.

Boushy

MiDas Mike

Brother1440

Near Fantastica

FL.

PinkMan

Genzai Kawakami

Popper

Help-14
Rataime

IceGod64

SoundSpawn

Jacob O. Wobbrock

the__end

KitsuneKouta

Venom12

Lisa Anthony

Wachunga

and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:

Enterbrain

Graphics

Custom character sprites were designed using Poltergeist’s character customization pack.

Canon Gen 4 sprites sprites were obtained through Neo-Spriteman’s Gen 4 pack, through the work of Dewitty, Bulbapedia.Bulbagarden.net, Nintendo, Chocosrawloid, Kymotonian, milomilotic11, and Neo-Spriteman.

Gen 5 sprites (Dr. Noctem and Vespirum) were obtained from Bulbapedia

The cloud graphic used in some overworld animations was made using assets from the Poke Transfer in Gen 5 and Gen 4 accessories, both ripped by redblueyellow.

Dr. V’s overworld sprites were made using a combination of DiegoWT’s Gen 4-styled Gen 5 NPC pack
and assets in Poltergeist’s character customization pack.

Portrait sprites were edited by me, TechSkylander1518, but made using the assets listed above.

The tileset used was ThatsSoWitty’s public interior tileset.
Its contributors include:

Kyle-Dov
SpeedDialga
Spacemotion
Alucus
pokemon-diamond
kizemaru-kurunosuke
epicday
thurpok
ultimospriter
dewitty
minorthreat0987
tyranitardark
heavy-metal-lover
kaitoooo
wesleyfg
boomxbig
crimsontakai
ThatsSoWitty
Chimcharsfireworks

Logo was designed by IsThatMyCloset/Cinnature

Music

Scripts

Name Windows were coded by Mr. Gela.

While not included in the release, Marin’s fastforward script was a huge help for playtesting.

Pokémon is owned by:

The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak​
Made using Pokémon Essentials and RPG Maker XP.

My first game jam entry is also my first released game! The Chakra Clinic is about 10-15 minutes of gameplay, but I think you'll still have a fun time with the characters and story!

Last edited:
I just finished your game and I had lots of fun! I loved the characters and their special powers, my favourite mini game was the shape shifting one. I wished there were more minigames and gameplay though!

I found a bug: Dr. V stops chasing Eddie if you get caught once!
Thank you so much! The shapeshifting was hard to get right lol, so I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

That's a good idea, maybe I could add a few postgame levels!

Thanks for catching that! I ended up having too much trouble trying to get it to work right and told myself "eh I'll just leave it and let people have an easy second attempt", haha, hopefully I can get a fix on that!

Evan

game director, Pokémon Sea & Sky
The highlight of this game was definitely the characters that you were able to define so well in the span of a short period of time. I liked how we got to play a series of vignettes aimed at building up the fact that this area had actual characters in it was nice. I liked the little quizzes about type advantages, and loved the minigames featuring firepunch and shape-shifting. I thought those were very inventive!

On a point of critique, I was hoping that after getting the Pokemon with hidden power that I identified, that I would use them at some point against "evil doers" and would have to remember their attack type, to pull it all full-circle. It was a tad disappointing to me when that didn't occur. Otherwise, I thought this was a great, compact, interesting game!

Oh one more thing:
I'm not sure if you were meant to catch the Mewtwo/Eric, but I hit run which allowed the game to finish. Were you supposed to catch him? I didn't have any poke balls on me but the end of the game made it seem like I caught him.

The highlight of this game was definitely the characters that you were able to define so well in the span of a short period of time. I liked how we got to play a series of vignettes aimed at building up the fact that this area had actual characters in it was nice. I liked the little quizzes about type advantages, and loved the minigames featuring firepunch and shape-shifting. I thought those were very inventive!

On a point of critique, I was hoping that after getting the Pokemon with hidden power that I identified, that I would use them at some point against "evil doers" and would have to remember their attack type, to pull it all full-circle. It was a tad disappointing to me when that didn't occur. Otherwise, I thought this was a great, compact, interesting game!

Oh one more thing:
I'm not sure if you were meant to catch the Mewtwo/Eric, but I hit run which allowed the game to finish. Were you supposed to catch him? I didn't have any poke balls on me but the end of the game made it seem like I caught him.
Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Eric's fight actually would have been when the Hidden Power came into play a bit more! If I had managed to code his moves, haha. The idea was that he would have moves like Transform-R to become Rattata, Transform-E to become Espeon, etc, with different strategies, and then your Hidden Powers could come into play there. I wasn't able to figure that out in time, but I'll hopefully do an update in the future, it'd be nice to have a more interesting boss battle!

And yeah, that's on me for just forgetting to turn off running there. 😅 You actually get some Poke Balls from the oil drum in Dr. V's room, but I only mentioned that in dialogue- I'll make a point of actually playing the item jingle to make it more clear!

Hey-o, just finished your jam entry! It was short and sweet, but I really enjoyed the premise and the mechanics that you worked into it!

Thoughts on Eric and Eddie's Mechanics
With Eric, I thought the switch mechanic was a cool concept! In practice, though, I found that Ekans was the least useful out of the trio.
The map design definitely favoured Rattata and Drifloon more. Along with that, I wish that we got to do a second switching segment.
This idea has so much potential for interesting puzzle/chase design, and I would've loved to see something longer and more intricate.
I get the constraint for time of the jam though. And realistically, you have to start out simple to help the player get used to the
controls, before you can go about scaling up the complexity.

With Eddie, I liked how the doctor was able to jump over the boxes. That was a neat twist on making an NPC pursue the player. Having
stacks of two boxes also added another layer of complexity to how you went about destroying the paths. You got to weigh whether it
was worth the time to burn those two in a row, or to go for a more convoluted route where you just burned single ones.

Bugs
  • I believe it's already been addressed, but occasionally, the character portraits would be misaligned.
  • The table in the house at the end of the game needs priority at the edge.

Some Suggestions
  • Comment out the message about the player overwriting their save, whenever they switch characters.
  • It would be nice to have a battle theme.
  • Graphics-wise, I wish that the maps had more detail: the hallways especially were pretty bare-bones, being just the floor and walls.
  • Maybe it's because I'm on a laptop, but I felt like pageup/pagedown for the switch controls were inconvenient for quick changes. I think A/S or Q/W would be better choices,
  • because most players are likely to rest their left hand closer to that side of the keyboard. (Seeing as, by default, the Z and X keys are your interact/close menu buttons.)

Misc Thoughts
  • Running from math is very relatable to me. If I wasn't a goody two-shoes as a kid, I probably would've done the same thing as Eddie.
  • I noticed that Eric's personality seemed to mirror the common portrayal of Mewtwo: a little bit more formal and reserved than the other kids. (Or maybe I'm drawing connections out of nowhere.)
  • Eric turning into only purple Pokémon was also excellent.
  • I appreciate that Mewtwo has a higher catchrate.
  • Alyssa turns out to be a polymath, but she wasn't able to calculate with the barrier in the way. Was this a sort of placebo effect, where she already believed it was not possible if she could be close to the Pokémon? Or from her perspective, could she not see what the Pokémon were over the boxes, and therefore not know which hidden power would be best?
  • Sort of branching off the polymath part- is there a reason why Team Rocket wouldn't want someone like that on their side? I still feel like it's a very useful talent.
  • Ok, only now am I realizing that Alyssa mentions always being good at math when she offers to help Eddie. Great job with the foreshadowing there!

All-in-all, this was a fascinating little adventure!

Hey-o, just finished your jam entry! It was short and sweet, but I really enjoyed the premise and the mechanics that you worked into it!
Thank you so much! I'm really flattered by all your feedback on the story and chase scenes!
  • Comment out the message about the player overwriting their save, whenever they switch characters.
Definitely on my list of things to do!
  • I believe it's already been addressed, but occasionally, the character portraits would be misaligned.
  • The table in the house at the end of the game needs priority at the edge.
Thanks for catching these!
  • It would be nice to have a battle theme.
Ahaha, whoops, I got a little too caught up in clearing out files and deleted all the battle music while I was cleaning out unused files. Good chance to try to find something more interesting than the default, though, I'll look around!
  • Maybe it's because I'm on a laptop, but I felt like pageup/pagedown for the switch controls were inconvenient for quick changes. I think A/S or Q/W would be better choices, because most players are likely to rest their left hand closer to that side of the keyboard. (Seeing as, by default, the Z and X keys are your interact/close menu buttons.)
Oh God it's embarrassing that you say that because A/S actually does work (it's mapped to inputs L and R), but I just didn't mention that because I thought it would be confusing when they're usually used in WASD movement. And I was just thinking about how it'd be nice to be able to use both hands for that, too! Nice to know it's an easy fix at least, lol!

• Alyssa turns out to be a polymath, but she wasn't able to calculate with the barrier in the way. Was this a sort of placebo effect, where she already believed it was not possible if she could be close to the Pokémon? Or from her perspective, could she not see what the Pokémon were over the boxes, and therefore not know which hidden power would be best?
So, the idea was that Alyssa was able to check the summary of the Pokemon and see the stats from there, then plug them into the Hidden Power formula used to calculate the type. With the boxes in the way, she can't get close enough to see their stats, so she doesn't have any information to go off of. It's definitely a bit odd, especially since checking a Pokemon's summary isn't really something mentioned as a thing people do in-universe. I might try to revamp those scenes and show Alyssa actually looking at a stats summary, so it's more clear!

• Sort of branching off the polymath part- is there a reason why Team Rocket wouldn't want someone like that on their side? I still feel like it's a very useful talent.
You're right, there's loads of great ways she could be put to use, in battle and out! But the main concern was that she was beginning to catch onto the scheme of the clinic and needed to be sent out of there before she blew their cover. I'll probably add a note about that in Dr. V's office, it could use some more clues inside!

grookies

Wanna cookie?
Hi, I played your game nice job. Very impressive for your first game. I like short games that have fun minigames and get straight to the point with the story and whatnot. The game doesn't waste your time. And its a good story with good characters so I'm satisfied.
I enjoyed the twist with team rocket being behind the purpose of the clinic. You have a feeling something is up with the place but I didn't realize it would be that sinister. I ended up running from Mewtwo/Eric, but I see that I was meant to catch Eric. Still got to enjoy the story anyway. Its a weird feeling at the end when you have Eric in a pokeball, and those scientist escaped. Kind of makes me want to play a sequel to track them down and somehow free Eric.
Anyway the music was nice and the minigames are interesting. Nice writing. Overall nice work.

Hi, I played your game nice job. Very impressive for your first game. I like short games that have fun minigames and get straight to the point with the story and whatnot. The game doesn't waste your time. And its a good story with good characters so I'm satisfied.
I enjoyed the twist with team rocket being behind the purpose of the clinic. You have a feeling something is up with the place but I didn't realize it would be that sinister. I ended up running from Mewtwo/Eric, but I see that I was meant to catch Eric. Still got to enjoy the story anyway. Its a weird feeling at the end when you have Eric in a pokeball, and those scientist escaped. Kind of makes me want to play a sequel to track them down and somehow free Eric.
Anyway the music was nice and the minigames are interesting. Nice writing. Overall nice work.
Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
That's a good idea! Maybe if I get the chance I can do something with the characters, I'd like that!

Back