• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Royal Version (Mega Evolution now included)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Title.png

Game Download
Pokemon Royal Version 1.4.4: Download
Alternative Link (Zip): Download
Alternative Link 2 (Mediafire): Download

Join the Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/CcvnsEB

Plot
Welcome to the Aristo Region, a quiet region in the Pokemon world. It just so happens that your father and mother are the king and queen of this region. Just as you have turned 10 years old it is time for the Royal Contest to begin. Here you will journey out with your brother, Victor, and Sister, Alice, across the region to complete the gym challenge, all to decide who will become heir to the throne.
Have you got what it takes to become the next ruler of the Aristo Region?

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
A brand new region to explore
Pokemon Reserves - Sanctuaries that breed the starter Pokemon for the various regions of the world.
Several Side Quests
A new evil team intent on overthrowing the crown
Following Pokemon
Optional gen 6 style Exp.Share
Temporal Pokemon - Pokemon from different time periods

Current Version
All 8 Gyms and Pokemon League
Post game Content
All Legendary and Mythical Pokemon to find and catch
34 Temporal Pokemon Evolution Lines to hunt down

Version 1.4 Mega Evolution OUT NOW
-Mega Evolution is finally in the game! - All Megas from the main series are available along with some brand new Temporal Megas, including a Pokemon that can't normally mega evolve! Key trainers now all also have access to Mega Evolution. *
-3 New Temporal Pokemon to go and catch
-The Battle Stadium - Sadly the Battle Factory fell on hard times so had to close down, but the Battle Stadium is here to take it's place. Trainers from across the world have come to test your skills as King/Queen in 8 challenging cups.
-A new Battle UI - Just wanted to make it look a bit cooler
-Ability Capsule - Can now change a Pokemon's ability, including it's Hidden Ability.
-Swapped Temporal Gengar's regular and shiny sprite to make it fir more with Haunter.
-Other general bug fixes

*Note if you have already progressed past the battle with Victor on Route 9 then to access Mega Evolution speak with either person above the Pokemon center in Imperial City (they will talk about Mega Evolution) then go back and see your Dad at home.

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:
Sprites mady by Larryturbo, Princess-Phoenix, Kidkatt, Zender1752, SageDeoxys.

Find us at:
larryturbo.deviantart.com
princess-phoenix.deviantart.com
kidkatt.deviantart.com
zender1752.deviantart.com
sagedeoxys.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • princess-pheonix devinatart
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks
  • Anarlaurendil (Only Melmetal)

Link to the original resource: https://www.deviantart.com/leparagon/art/Gen-8-Icon-sprites-40x30-823261656

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-1st-post-release-v1-1-on-post-3240.3486712/
Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

Gen 8 Follow Sprites by SageDeoxys

Sun and Moon Sprite Pack:
  • Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

- Music used from Bensound.com

- Thundaga for the amazing tutorials to help create this

- My incredible wife Jess for testing everything, making custom sprites and most of all putting up with me.

- Most importantly Gamefreak for making one of the best game series ever, they also own all of this so.

Notes
I started this project in 2017 where all that was done was the first 4 gyms. I have finally been able to finish the game with everything I wanted for it. This game is a complete passion project for myself after playing Pokemon for years and having ideas that just kept coming.
I have future post game content ideas which will hopefully be released in the future, along with more Temporal Pokemon.
Please let me know if you played and any feedback you have.​

Last edited:
I've only played a little bit so far but I like this game.
There's some basic gripes; the battle/overworld sprites of any Galar Pokemon are blurry, a lot of maps are a bit big even though they have good flow. But the writing in this game is really nice, I like talking to every NPC.

The premise too is a pretty unique setup, and even though it kind of leads into a familiar Pokemon journey, I think what really sells it is the consistent writing. Any game could just say I'm a princess fighting for the crown, but in this game, 1. The setup really motivates my rivals/siblings in a believable way, and 2. Characters do react to meeting a princess and I love that. The fan freakouts are the best but the sweet old people just trying to wish me good luck are adorable.

Anyway the actual gameplay?? The gyms are hard without being able to cheese it with a type advantage! I started with Espurr, so the water type I was able to get for the first gym had a little too much type overlap and it was still a struggle. For the second gym I thought I'd gotten lucky with that free grass pokemon? But everything knows ice moves and my whole team is weak, I'm gonna be stuck here awhile :P

I'm loving my Fire/Ice Quilava, that typing is so much fun and I can't wait to find more temporal pokemon.

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
I've only played a little bit so far but I like this game.
There's some basic gripes; the battle/overworld sprites of any Galar Pokemon are blurry, a lot of maps are a bit big even though they have good flow. But the writing in this game is really nice, I like talking to every NPC.

The premise too is a pretty unique setup, and even though it kind of leads into a familiar Pokemon journey, I think what really sells it is the consistent writing. Any game could just say I'm a princess fighting for the crown, but in this game, 1. The setup really motivates my rivals/siblings in a believable way, and 2. Characters do react to meeting a princess and I love that. The fan freakouts are the best but the sweet old people just trying to wish me good luck are adorable.

Anyway the actual gameplay?? The gyms are hard without being able to cheese it with a type advantage! I started with Espurr, so the water type I was able to get for the first gym had a little too much type overlap and it was still a struggle. For the second gym I thought I'd gotten lucky with that free grass pokemon? But everything knows ice moves and my whole team is weak, I'm gonna be stuck here awhile :P

I'm loving my Fire/Ice Quilava, that typing is so much fun and I can't wait to find more temporal pokemon.

Hey thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate you checking it out. Yeah the Galar Pokemon are either super tiny or the correct size but blurry, which of the two looked better. I'm looking into sorting it out though.

Wizarmonfan

Rookie
Mediafire doesn't want to work for me for some reason, so I was wondering if you could please upload the game to mega nz?

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
Hi. I love your game so far. I have encountered a problem. So I tried to get the mystery gift in the menu but it just leaves me hanging and then tell me the script is taking too long and that it is restarting the game. I tried it twice.

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Hi. I love your game so far. I have encountered a problem. So I tried to get the mystery gift in the menu but it just leaves me hanging and then tell me the script is taking too long and that it is restarting the game. I tried it twice.
Hi, thanks for playing, really appreciate it. There currently isn't a mystery gift implemented in the game so that will be why.

GalacticGaming

Novice
After the interview at the radio station, no matter who I talk to my game just crashes.

Script 'Follow Pokemon' line 702: NoMethodError occurred

undefined method `-' for nil:Nilclass

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
After the interview at the radio station, no matter who I talk to my game just crashes.

Script 'Follow Pokemon' line 702: NoMethodError occurred

undefined method `-' for nil:Nilclass
Hi thanks for this, I'm currently looking at fixing it, have you got follow Pokemon on while you're there? If not then press control and they'll come back and it might work. I'm assuming it's just the part upstairs as that's the only part to progress the story.

Azorkin

Rookie
Hi there, for a lot of the game, the buddy, keep glitching out, to where i cannot tell if its out or not cause i don't see it, and when i try to interact with items and people, sometimes it brings up an error that closes the game, is there anything i can do?

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Hi there, for a lot of the game, the buddy, keep glitching out, to where i cannot tell if its out or not cause i don't see it, and when i try to interact with items and people, sometimes it brings up an error that closes the game, is there anything i can do?
Hi, I'm looking into this, I would just make sure your Pokemon is following you at all times. If your Pokemon isn't following you then press control to bring it back out and hopefully it should be ok.

SunGoddess23

Cooltrainer
Hi I'm curious what is the shiny rate for the game since there are so many way to do that. The reason I'm asking is because with the starter I want to try and get a shiny of whichever one I decided to get, which is hard since I like 2 of the starters and I love their shiny forms, and also is it possible to get HAs on the Pokemon?

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Hi I'm curious what is the shiny rate for the game since there are so many way to do that. The reason I'm asking is because with the starter I want to try and get a shiny of whichever one I decided to get, which is hard since I like 2 of the starters and I love their shiny forms, and also is it possible to get HAs on the Pokemon?
Hi, the shiny rate is the same as the normal games. The shiny charm is available later in the game and makes the rate 6 times better. There is also an area later in the game where you'll be able to get any of the starters. As for HAs there isn't currently a method of obtaining them.

SunGoddess23

Cooltrainer
Hi, the shiny rate is the same as the normal games. The shiny charm is available later in the game and makes the rate 6 times better. There is also an area later in the game where you'll be able to get any of the starters. As for HAs there isn't currently a method of obtaining them.
Okay thank you and that is too bad because Riolu's HA is so great to have. The 2 choices I had was Riolu and Zorua but I decided to go with Riolu and just SR to get the right nature and got lucky enough to get the right nature as well as Riolu coming out female.

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Is there a battle frontier or any post game similar?
In the current version there are rematchable gym leaders and Pokemon league. I am currently working on a post game update that will include a battle frontier.

Back