• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Royal Version (Mega Evolution now included)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Title.png

Game Download
Pokemon Royal Version 1.4.4: Download
Alternative Link (Zip): Download
Alternative Link 2 (Mediafire): Download

Join the Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/CcvnsEB

Plot
Welcome to the Aristo Region, a quiet region in the Pokemon world. It just so happens that your father and mother are the king and queen of this region. Just as you have turned 10 years old it is time for the Royal Contest to begin. Here you will journey out with your brother, Victor, and Sister, Alice, across the region to complete the gym challenge, all to decide who will become heir to the throne.
Have you got what it takes to become the next ruler of the Aristo Region?

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
A brand new region to explore
Pokemon Reserves - Sanctuaries that breed the starter Pokemon for the various regions of the world.
Several Side Quests
A new evil team intent on overthrowing the crown
Following Pokemon
Optional gen 6 style Exp.Share
Temporal Pokemon - Pokemon from different time periods

Current Version
All 8 Gyms and Pokemon League
Post game Content
All Legendary and Mythical Pokemon to find and catch
34 Temporal Pokemon Evolution Lines to hunt down

Version 1.4 Mega Evolution OUT NOW
-Mega Evolution is finally in the game! - All Megas from the main series are available along with some brand new Temporal Megas, including a Pokemon that can't normally mega evolve! Key trainers now all also have access to Mega Evolution. *
-3 New Temporal Pokemon to go and catch
-The Battle Stadium - Sadly the Battle Factory fell on hard times so had to close down, but the Battle Stadium is here to take it's place. Trainers from across the world have come to test your skills as King/Queen in 8 challenging cups.
-A new Battle UI - Just wanted to make it look a bit cooler
-Ability Capsule - Can now change a Pokemon's ability, including it's Hidden Ability.
-Swapped Temporal Gengar's regular and shiny sprite to make it fir more with Haunter.
-Other general bug fixes

*Note if you have already progressed past the battle with Victor on Route 9 then to access Mega Evolution speak with either person above the Pokemon center in Imperial City (they will talk about Mega Evolution) then go back and see your Dad at home.

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:
Sprites mady by Larryturbo, Princess-Phoenix, Kidkatt, Zender1752, SageDeoxys.

Find us at:
larryturbo.deviantart.com
princess-phoenix.deviantart.com
kidkatt.deviantart.com
zender1752.deviantart.com
sagedeoxys.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • princess-pheonix devinatart
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks
  • Anarlaurendil (Only Melmetal)

Link to the original resource: https://www.deviantart.com/leparagon/art/Gen-8-Icon-sprites-40x30-823261656

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-1st-post-release-v1-1-on-post-3240.3486712/
Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

Gen 8 Follow Sprites by SageDeoxys

Sun and Moon Sprite Pack:
  • Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

- Music used from Bensound.com

- Thundaga for the amazing tutorials to help create this

- My incredible wife Jess for testing everything, making custom sprites and most of all putting up with me.

- Most importantly Gamefreak for making one of the best game series ever, they also own all of this so.

Notes
I started this project in 2017 where all that was done was the first 4 gyms. I have finally been able to finish the game with everything I wanted for it. This game is a complete passion project for myself after playing Pokemon for years and having ideas that just kept coming.
I have future post game content ideas which will hopefully be released in the future, along with more Temporal Pokemon.
Please let me know if you played and any feedback you have.​

Last edited:

Solartile

Rookie
For some reason Lucario isn't able to learn nasty plot at the move reminder even though he learns it at level 1. I really need it because I got a special attack nature and planned to use nasty plot

Xyilia

Rookie
Hi thanks for this, I'm currently looking at fixing it, have you got follow Pokemon on while you're there? If not then press control and they'll come back and it might work. I'm assuming it's just the part upstairs as that's the only part to progress the story.

I've ran into the same problem, and I can't know if follow Pokemon is on or not cause it's bugged out and I don't see it

The bug after the interview got fixed after restarting the game a couple of times somehow though

Edit : This bug happened again in the last gym after defeating it, the game crashed whenever I try talking to anyone and the bug ended up fixing itself, I'm guessing the bugged out Follow Pokemon feature is causing it :D

Last edited:

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Bump for patch release to fix game crashing bug. More content updates coming soon.

For some reason Lucario isn't able to learn nasty plot at the move reminder even though he learns it at level 1. I really need it because I got a special attack nature and planned to use nasty plot
The learnset is just what was with base Pokemon Essentials, however I have updated this inn the now released patch.

I've ran into the same problem, and I can't know if follow Pokemon is on or not cause it's bugged out and I don't see it

The bug after the interview got fixed after restarting the game a couple of times somehow though

Edit : This bug happened again in the last gym after defeating it, the game crashed whenever I try talking to anyone and the bug ended up fixing itself, I'm guessing the bugged out Follow Pokemon feature is causing it :D
Sorry about this problem, but it is now fixed in the patch, if after installing the patch pressing control doesn't make your Pokemon reappear then you will need to black out and the problem should be fixed when you respawn.

UraniumMountain

Rookie
So I've been enjoying the game so far. Thanks for your work. I'm confused. I got a shinx and talked to the boy in a house in Ashbridge Town to trade for a wimpod but it says not able. Is this a glitch/bug? Second question: For Lycanroc and his forms is there a certain thing that you have to do in this version?

Aura232

Rookie
Hi, I downloaded the game but I was wondering what I can use to run the game. Do you have a specific program to use to run it?

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
So I've been enjoying the game so far. Thanks for your work. I'm confused. I got a shinx and talked to the boy in a house in Ashbridge Town to trade for a wimpod but it says not able. Is this a glitch/bug? Second question: For Lycanroc and his forms is there a certain thing that you have to do in this version?
Thanks, really appreciate you enjoying it. To answer your questions; 1) Yes the Shinx trade is a bug, sorry about that, I'm currently working on a patch to fix it and other minor errors. 2) Rockruff evolves at level 25 and the Lycanroc will be midday form if it evolves during the day and midnight form if it is night time.
Hi, I downloaded the game but I was wondering what I can use to run the game. Do you have a specific program to use to run it?
No program needed just run the application file titled game and it will run.

anaconda92230

Novice
Your patch for the following pokemon. Dont work for me. Its not. A problem. I game like this without following. Pokemon

Aura232

Rookie
Thanks, really appreciate you enjoying it. To answer your questions; 1) Yes the Shinx trade is a bug, sorry about that, I'm currently working on a patch to fix it and other minor errors. 2) Rockruff evolves at level 25 and the Lycanroc will be midday form if it evolves during the day and midnight form if it is night time.

No program needed just run the application file titled game and it will run.
So, I hit the download link and all I got was a .rar file, thus explaining my previous question. What should I do?

robobryan

Rookie
hello, i finished with the main game, and i caught the three birds, is there more to the post game? :)

This game is pretty good. It was difficult at the start then it became easy in the middle, but I didn't feel too overpowered despite me using the exp share.

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
hello, i finished with the main game, and i caught the three birds, is there more to the post game? :)

This game is pretty good. It was difficult at the start then it became easy in the middle, but I didn't feel too overpowered despite me using the exp share.
Thanks for playing and the feedback, I really appreciate it. Currently there is the gym leader rematches, Pokemon League rematch and then the 15 Legendaries and the 14 Temporal Pokemon to hunt for and find. I am currently working on future postgame updates which will include more story, more Temporal Pokemon and a battle frontier.

robobryan

Rookie
Thanks for playing and the feedback, I really appreciate it. Currently there is the gym leader rematches, Pokemon League rematch and then the 15 Legendaries and the 14 Temporal Pokemon to hunt for and find. I am currently working on future postgame updates which will include more story, more Temporal Pokemon and a battle frontier.
Your game is amazing and I will be looking forward to more updates to this game! :)

Xyilia

Rookie
Sorry about this problem, but it is now fixed in the patch, if after installing the patch pressing control doesn't make your Pokemon reappear then you will need to black out and the problem should be fixed when you respawn.

Yup it is now fixed and I didn't run into any crashes so far :D

Solartile

Rookie
The updated didn't work with lucario learning nasty plot sadly I don't think a player copy lets you change moves learned in the pokemon file.

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
The updated didn't work with lucario learning nasty plot sadly I don't think a player copy lets you change moves learned in the pokemon file.
Yes sorry, I didn't realise the text files wouldn't update properly without being complied. Version 1.1 is coming very soon and this change will be properly included in that.

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Version 1.1 is out now. To update to the new version there is no patch but you will need to download the new base game. Your save file should still carry across to the new version. This is not the final update, please report any bugs.
4 New Temporal Pokemon Evolution Lines
Shiny Forms for all Temporal Pokemon
New Side Quests with the Adventure Club
Music Balancing
Fixed Some Issues with using Speed Up
Added NPC for details on how to obtain each Eeveelution
Fixed Error with Bridge on Route 9
Fixed the Shinx Trade in Ashbridge Town
General Text and Move Errors

ghosthead

Rookie
The game keeps freezing on the bridge in route 9 right before what seems to be a battle against Viktor. What can i do?
Love the game so far

Back