• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Royal Version (Mega Evolution now included)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Title.png

Game Download
Pokemon Royal Version 1.4.4: Download
Alternative Link (Zip): Download
Alternative Link 2 (Mediafire): Download

Join the Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/CcvnsEB

Plot
Welcome to the Aristo Region, a quiet region in the Pokemon world. It just so happens that your father and mother are the king and queen of this region. Just as you have turned 10 years old it is time for the Royal Contest to begin. Here you will journey out with your brother, Victor, and Sister, Alice, across the region to complete the gym challenge, all to decide who will become heir to the throne.
Have you got what it takes to become the next ruler of the Aristo Region?

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
A brand new region to explore
Pokemon Reserves - Sanctuaries that breed the starter Pokemon for the various regions of the world.
Several Side Quests
A new evil team intent on overthrowing the crown
Following Pokemon
Optional gen 6 style Exp.Share
Temporal Pokemon - Pokemon from different time periods

Current Version
All 8 Gyms and Pokemon League
Post game Content
All Legendary and Mythical Pokemon to find and catch
34 Temporal Pokemon Evolution Lines to hunt down

Version 1.4 Mega Evolution OUT NOW
-Mega Evolution is finally in the game! - All Megas from the main series are available along with some brand new Temporal Megas, including a Pokemon that can't normally mega evolve! Key trainers now all also have access to Mega Evolution. *
-3 New Temporal Pokemon to go and catch
-The Battle Stadium - Sadly the Battle Factory fell on hard times so had to close down, but the Battle Stadium is here to take it's place. Trainers from across the world have come to test your skills as King/Queen in 8 challenging cups.
-A new Battle UI - Just wanted to make it look a bit cooler
-Ability Capsule - Can now change a Pokemon's ability, including it's Hidden Ability.
-Swapped Temporal Gengar's regular and shiny sprite to make it fir more with Haunter.
-Other general bug fixes

*Note if you have already progressed past the battle with Victor on Route 9 then to access Mega Evolution speak with either person above the Pokemon center in Imperial City (they will talk about Mega Evolution) then go back and see your Dad at home.

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:
Sprites mady by Larryturbo, Princess-Phoenix, Kidkatt, Zender1752, SageDeoxys.

Find us at:
larryturbo.deviantart.com
princess-phoenix.deviantart.com
kidkatt.deviantart.com
zender1752.deviantart.com
sagedeoxys.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • princess-pheonix devinatart
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks
  • Anarlaurendil (Only Melmetal)

Link to the original resource: https://www.deviantart.com/leparagon/art/Gen-8-Icon-sprites-40x30-823261656

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-1st-post-release-v1-1-on-post-3240.3486712/
Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

Gen 8 Follow Sprites by SageDeoxys

Sun and Moon Sprite Pack:
  • Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

- Music used from Bensound.com

- Thundaga for the amazing tutorials to help create this

- My incredible wife Jess for testing everything, making custom sprites and most of all putting up with me.

- Most importantly Gamefreak for making one of the best game series ever, they also own all of this so.

Notes
I started this project in 2017 where all that was done was the first 4 gyms. I have finally been able to finish the game with everything I wanted for it. This game is a complete passion project for myself after playing Pokemon for years and having ideas that just kept coming.
I have future post game content ideas which will hopefully be released in the future, along with more Temporal Pokemon.
Please let me know if you played and any feedback you have.​

Last edited:

Xyilia

Rookie
Version 1.1 is out now. To update to the new version there is no patch but you will need to download the new base game. Your save file should still carry across to the new version. This is not the final update, please report any bugs.
4 New Temporal Pokemon Evolution Lines
Shiny Forms for all Temporal Pokemon
New Side Quests with the Adventure Club
Music Balancing
Fixed Some Issues with using Speed Up
Added NPC for details on how to obtain each Eeveelution
Fixed Error with Bridge on Route 9
Fixed the Shinx Trade in Ashbridge Town
General Text and Move Errors

So just download the new version and startup the game and all is good ?

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
The game keeps freezing on the bridge in route 9 right before what seems to be a battle against Viktor. What can i do?
Love the game so far
Sorry about that, I now realise the issue and have now fixed it. Just download the patch and all should be sorted.

So just download the new version and startup the game and all is good ?
Yeah it should carry your save across the new version when you open the game through version 1.1 folder.

emzee

Novice
Just finished the main story and you did an amazing job. Now I'm all about the post-game content! Thank you so much for making an excellent game!

Last edited:

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Just finished the main story and you did an amazing job. Now I'm all about the post-game content! Thank you so much for making an excellent game!
Thanks so much for the kind words, really means a lot, and I'm really glad you enjoyed it. If you have any in-depth feedback about the game then I'd be really interested to know.

emzee

Novice
Thanks so much for the kind words, really means a lot, and I'm really glad you enjoyed it. If you have any in-depth feedback about the game then I'd be really interested to know.

You're welcome!

As for feedback... be prepared because I have lots to say. All under spoilers to not interrupt anyone's experience.

One thing I liked was the starters. I love Riolu and Lucario and that really started off my game is the best way possible. I also love the following Pokemon. Also, love the Adventure Club shenanigans! They're pretty fun! The garden with the shiny pokemon surprised me the most! I didn't expect all the shinies to show up.

I also love the use of the HM Items. Didn't expect it but it worked out well for me.

On things I wish was there/maybe need fixing:
  1. In Mt. Volt, one of the laser puzzles makes it impossible to reach the Pokeball no matter what buttons I stepped on. I can post a picture if you need more clarity.
  2. Perhaps a guide on all the Temporal and Legendary Pokemon locations in the game? Just so I don't spend too much time running around the region trying to track down them all. I think I have most of the Temporal Pokemon.
  3. Is there a way to get the Temporal Illumise? I went with Temporal Volbeat and didn't realize that the Adventure Club guy would catch the other one and decided to keep it for himself.
  4. When you use the Teleport Pad, would you be able to make the location markers bigger or just enough to encompass the destination area? I think it would be easier than just tapping away at my arrow keyboards to find the tiny area on the map.

I think that's enough feedback ahhh I don't wanna be too mean because it is really a nice game.

snorlax5

Novice
I got the sweet apple to evolve Applin but using it on it and letting it hold it and leveling up didn't work. Is there a different way to evolve it? Same for my Slowbro and kings rock?

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
I like the fan game! Cant wait for a battle frontier or post game battle sim type thing :) Great job!
Thanks so much, really means a lot. I'd love to hear any in-depth feedback.

I got the sweet apple to evolve Applin but using it on it and letting it hold it and leveling up didn't work. Is there a different way to evolve it? Same for my Slowbro and kings rock?
This was a bug with the items not recognised as evolution items. Just released update 1.1.2 and the issue should be fixed.

You're welcome!

As for feedback... be prepared because I have lots to say. All under spoilers to not interrupt anyone's experience.

One thing I liked was the starters. I love Riolu and Lucario and that really started off my game is the best way possible. I also love the following Pokemon. Also, love the Adventure Club shenanigans! They're pretty fun! The garden with the shiny pokemon surprised me the most! I didn't expect all the shinies to show up.

I also love the use of the HM Items. Didn't expect it but it worked out well for me.

On things I wish was there/maybe need fixing:
  1. In Mt. Volt, one of the laser puzzles makes it impossible to reach the Pokeball no matter what buttons I stepped on. I can post a picture if you need more clarity.
  2. Perhaps a guide on all the Temporal and Legendary Pokemon locations in the game? Just so I don't spend too much time running around the region trying to track down them all. I think I have most of the Temporal Pokemon.
  3. Is there a way to get the Temporal Illumise? I went with Temporal Volbeat and didn't realize that the Adventure Club guy would catch the other one and decided to keep it for himself.
  4. When you use the Teleport Pad, would you be able to make the location markers bigger or just enough to encompass the destination area? I think it would be easier than just tapping away at my arrow keyboards to find the tiny area on the map.

I think that's enough feedback ahhh I don't wanna be too mean because it is really a nice game.
Thanks a lot for this, really appreciate you taking the time to do this. I'll answer your points in a spoiler as well.

1. I know where you mean but you can get the item if you go to the next room with buttons and step on the red button as it also affects the previous room.
2. I'm adding this as a feature in the postgame update I'm currently working on. For now here is a list of the Temporal and Legendary Pokemon available and please feel free to DM me if you would like to know where any are.
Cyndaquil
Noibat
Grimer
Haunter
Jangmo-o
Swablu
Aipom
Kabuto
Phantump
Shinx
Ponyta
Volbeat
Illumise
Munchlax
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Lugia
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Regigigas
Xerneas
Groudon
Heatran
Kyurem
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Lugia
3. Once you've finished the postgame in Victory Park and all 4 adventure missions in the game, go back to the Adventure House and talk to Henry.
4. I can't make the markers any bigger without them taking over the square they are on, and I also can't add them to all the squares of a location without it looking off. If I find a way to make this easier in the future then I will, but for now I unfortunately can't do anything about this.

snorlax5

Novice
Thanks so much, really means a lot. I'd love to hear any in-depth feedback.

This was a bug with the items not recognised as evolution items. Just released update 1.1.2 and the issue should be fixed.

Thanks a lot for this, really appreciate you taking the time to do this. I'll answer your points in a spoiler as well.

1. I know where you mean but you can get the item if you go to the next room with buttons and step on the red button as it also affects the previous room.
2. I'm adding this as a feature in the postgame update I'm currently working on. For now here is a list of the Temporal and Legendary Pokemon available and please feel free to DM me if you would like to know where any are.
Cyndaquil
Noibat
Grimer
Haunter
Jangmo-o
Swablu
Aipom
Kabuto
Phantump
Shinx
Ponyta
Volbeat
Illumise
Munchlax
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Lugia
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Regigigas
Xerneas
Groudon
Heatran
Kyurem
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Lugia
3. Once you've finished the postgame in Victory Park and all 4 adventure missions in the game, go back to the Adventure House and talk to Henry.
4. I can't make the markers any bigger without them taking over the square they are on, and I also can't add them to all the squares of a location without it looking off. If I find a way to make this easier in the future then I will, but for now I unfortunately can't do anything about this.
It worked! Thank you so much for the quick reply and patch fix!

nins

Rookie
Game gets stuck after poison gym at rival

Last edited:
Back