• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokemon Royal Version (Mega Evolution now included)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Title.png

Game Download
Pokemon Royal Version 1.4.4: Download
Alternative Link (Zip): Download
Alternative Link 2 (Mediafire): Download

Join the Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/CcvnsEB

Plot
Welcome to the Aristo Region, a quiet region in the Pokemon world. It just so happens that your father and mother are the king and queen of this region. Just as you have turned 10 years old it is time for the Royal Contest to begin. Here you will journey out with your brother, Victor, and Sister, Alice, across the region to complete the gym challenge, all to decide who will become heir to the throne.
Have you got what it takes to become the next ruler of the Aristo Region?

Features
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
A brand new region to explore
Pokemon Reserves - Sanctuaries that breed the starter Pokemon for the various regions of the world.
Several Side Quests
A new evil team intent on overthrowing the crown
Following Pokemon
Optional gen 6 style Exp.Share
Temporal Pokemon - Pokemon from different time periods

Current Version
All 8 Gyms and Pokemon League
Post game Content
All Legendary and Mythical Pokemon to find and catch
34 Temporal Pokemon Evolution Lines to hunt down

Version 1.4 Mega Evolution OUT NOW
-Mega Evolution is finally in the game! - All Megas from the main series are available along with some brand new Temporal Megas, including a Pokemon that can't normally mega evolve! Key trainers now all also have access to Mega Evolution. *
-3 New Temporal Pokemon to go and catch
-The Battle Stadium - Sadly the Battle Factory fell on hard times so had to close down, but the Battle Stadium is here to take it's place. Trainers from across the world have come to test your skills as King/Queen in 8 challenging cups.
-A new Battle UI - Just wanted to make it look a bit cooler
-Ability Capsule - Can now change a Pokemon's ability, including it's Hidden Ability.
-Swapped Temporal Gengar's regular and shiny sprite to make it fir more with Haunter.
-Other general bug fixes

*Note if you have already progressed past the battle with Victor on Route 9 then to access Mega Evolution speak with either person above the Pokemon center in Imperial City (they will talk about Mega Evolution) then go back and see your Dad at home.

Region-Map.png

Starter.png

Venom.png

Cyndaquil.png

Castle.png

Graveyard.png

Mountain.png

PI47l2A.png

dApN1NO.png

i2F79ad.png

npDQlWW.png

Credits:

Ultimate Title Screens:
- Luka S.J.

Fast Forward Scripts:
- Marin

Follow Pokemon:
- mej71

Gen 7 Follow Pokemon:
Sprites mady by Larryturbo, Princess-Phoenix, Kidkatt, Zender1752, SageDeoxys.

Find us at:
larryturbo.deviantart.com
princess-phoenix.deviantart.com
kidkatt.deviantart.com
zender1752.deviantart.com
sagedeoxys.deviantart.com

Sprites:
  • princess-pheonix devinatart
  • Jefries22 deviantart

Gen 8 Icons:
  • leParagon
  • Kalalokki
  • RadicalCharizard
  • NoelleMBrooks
  • Anarlaurendil (Only Melmetal)

Link to the original resource: https://www.deviantart.com/leparagon/art/Gen-8-Icon-sprites-40x30-823261656

Smogon XY Sprite Project:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...d-1st-post-release-v1-1-on-post-3240.3486712/
Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sword-shield-sprite-project.3647722/

Gen 8 Follow Sprites by SageDeoxys

Sun and Moon Sprite Pack:
  • Marin
  • Zeak6464
  • Tapu Fini
  • SpartaLazor
  • leparagon
  • BlackOutG5
  • Rune
  • M3rein
  • Rigbycwts
  • Rot8er_ConeX
  • James Davy
  • Luka S.J.

- Music used from Bensound.com

- Thundaga for the amazing tutorials to help create this

- My incredible wife Jess for testing everything, making custom sprites and most of all putting up with me.

- Most importantly Gamefreak for making one of the best game series ever, they also own all of this so.

Notes
I started this project in 2017 where all that was done was the first 4 gyms. I have finally been able to finish the game with everything I wanted for it. This game is a complete passion project for myself after playing Pokemon for years and having ideas that just kept coming.
I have future post game content ideas which will hopefully be released in the future, along with more Temporal Pokemon.
Please let me know if you played and any feedback you have.​

Last edited:

paraloco

Rookie
Hey Norfolk! I just finished the 4° gym and I am amazed by the game. Good stuff! Cheers from Brazil! I m really enjoying play your game!

Ps: If there is no trade, it is possible, somehow, to evolve the temporal Haunter?

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Hey Norfolk! I just finished the 4° gym and I am amazed by the game. Good stuff! Cheers from Brazil! I m really enjoying play your game!

Ps: If there is no trade, it is possible, somehow, to evolve the temporal Haunter?
Hey, really glad you're enjoying it, means a lot. And yes the temporal haunter evolves by level up, I think it's level 40.

ArgonNike

Rookie
Hi, I am so happy to find your game and I loved it. But when the opponent pokemon switched and I used Copycat move, I get an infinite loop. PL fix.

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
Hi really loved the game. Am in post-game but can't seem to get to the moltres at the top of the mountain. Any tips?
Make sure you go in to the mountain from the colossal town side if you haven't been through the mountain before and you should be fine as long as you've started the side quest for the birds.
Hi, I am so happy to find your game and I loved it. But when the opponent pokemon switched and I used Copycat move, I get an infinite loop. PL fix.
Thanks for this, I'll look into it and include in the next update.

Gamzee

Rookie
My game is freezing on a bridge before a fight with Viktor as well, what can I do? Loving the game so far lol

SakuraNightmare

Novice
victor keeps crashing me at a bridge after gym 3
and ave no idea how to apply the patch using winrar
it says 1.1.1 fixed victor uhh
idk how but i jusr made the game a non winrar folder should be able to apply patch now, sick it fixed i think

wow just got a calm ha fennekin from the fire type reserve lol
too bad already have a fire type
wheres the move reminder btw

wheres the move reminder? is it coalossal town?

Last edited:

Freedom2all291

Rookie
im trying to play this game but i dont know how this is my first time doing anything like this can someone help me out

Norfolk Gaming

Cooltrainer
wheres the move reminder? is it coalossal town?
Glad you got everything fixed, the move reminder is in Ashbridge Town
im trying to play this game but i dont know how this is my first time doing anything like this can someone help me out
Just download the game using the link on the front page, extract the files using something like winrar and then just open the game.exe application and you're done.

Glacora

Novice
I just started the game. So far, it’s pretty great. I’m enjoying it a lot. Thing is, I encountered a bug that pretty much reset my trainer to zero. I tried doing the mystery gift because I didn’t know if one existed or not. When the game had to restart due to hanging script, it auto saved in the mystery gift screen. Now I have no Pokémon and can’t leave the pokemart I saved in beforehand. If there is a way to fix this without restarting, please let me know. I don’t want to restart even if I’m at the start.

SKRWildfire

Hot leave juice lover
is there a wiki or discord or something like i want to have a list with all the pokemon and where i can catch them. Because im looking for zeraora.

Back