• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests

This is an informative overview thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inkbug

doing his best

kelsey

Novice
Modifying player character??

I think it would be really cool to implement player character design into a fan game (i.e. pick hair color, eye color, clothes, etc) and I think I've seen it in a game before so I'm pretty sure it's possible, but I have no idea where to begin. Does anyone have any insights?------------------------
I want to point a finger at Overworld packs.

We've got gen 2 NPCs, Essentials has all that gen 3 goodness, and we've got gen 5 NPCs (doesn't this also come with battler sprites I forget). Gen 1 gets no love but gen 4 is a really popular style to make games in.

Anybody ever formatted gen the 4 NPCs for their game? How about pokemon overworlds for those following pokemon of any gen? There's raw resources available of the sprites, it's just a time sink to format them all for Essentials and I'd bet that a lot of people are doing/have done the exact same work.

Also- On this subject- before I sit here and do 100 more sprites- has anyone formatted the gen 6 overworld sprites and shinies already?

kelsey

Novice
I'll get my cape.

The only thing that I do know of that's missing are the multiple forms for Vivillion, Flabebe line, and Furfrou.

Credits to princess-pheonix of Deviantart.

I will happily make those myself in exchange for all the rest. Seriously, you just saved me hours of work.

Phi-Bi

Novice
It would be great if someone could compile all item icons from Gen III through Gen VII into Essential format.

Phi-Bi

Novice
Most of the icons are already in Pokemon Essentials. It's just gens 6-7 that are missing.

Yes, Essentials has 526 icons already but there are more than 700 item icons not counting gen VII item icon. So, many item icons are still missing. I guess we have to compile it ourself then~

Hematite

Trainer
Does anyone have an idea of how to implement SOS battles? Even without all of the chaining mechanics like Hidden Abilities and Shinies, I would definitely love any possible help with implementation of the basic concept (if it's possible at all - I'm told Triple and Rotation Battles require significantly rewriting the battle system, and switching between Single and Double on a whim like that is waaay beyond my skill level, especially doing it for only one side... but we at least already have support for wild Double Battles as a starting point if anyone knows how to work from there?). Since this is a canon mechanic, I figure it'd help way more people than just me, so I thought I should ask here rather than just ask for individual help!

(In particular, something like the Totem Pokémon - letting an event encounter SOS for specific allies, not necessarily every wild encounter SOSing for an array of species - would be a gigantic help for me!!)

NoodlesButt

Addicted to Jams
Does anyone have an idea of how to implement SOS battles? Even without all of the chaining mechanics like Hidden Abilities and Shinies, I would definitely love any possible help with implementation of the basic concept (if it's possible at all - I'm told Triple and Rotation Battles require significantly rewriting the battle system, and switching between Single and Double on a whim like that is waaay beyond my skill level, especially doing it for only one side... but we at least already have support for wild Double Battles as a starting point if anyone knows how to work from there?). Since this is a canon mechanic, I figure it'd help way more people than just me, so I thought I should ask here rather than just ask for individual help!

(In particular, something like the Totem Pokémon - letting an event encounter SOS for specific allies, not necessarily every wild encounter SOSing for an array of species - would be a gigantic help for me!!)

SOS battles would take rewriting of the battle system because you can't have one Pokémon on the players side against two opponents. You could try and script sos in double battles by having one of the fainted Pokémon be revived at the end of the turn. It'd take a lot of scripting though.

Hematite

Trainer
Ahh, that's a shame. But thanks for the response!! C: (And the suggestion! That seems like it could work - if it started as a Double Battle, you would have two Pokémon yourself and the wild Pokémon would want to call a new ally to avoid being at a disadvantage. It's not exactly the same as SOS battles, but it makes sense as its own thing, so that'd be cool to implement!)

TypicalJalapeno

Novice
So I decided to make custom FireRed/LeafGreen OverWorlds (trainers mostly) but cannot find a good base to start with...
Could someone provide me a frlg character ow base?

kelsey

Novice
Pokemon Contests

I'm sure people have discussed this before, but I don't think it's ever been implemented. I'm talking about the contests like in (I think) Emerald that were based on beauty/coolness/etc, as well as the whole Pokeblock making system. I know that a lot of people didn't like this element of the games, but I always thought it was fun to do when taking a break from playing through the story line. Has anyone ever worked on adding this system into their games? Has it ever been implemented somewhere? I really would like to have it back in mine.

TypicalJalapeno

Novice
Pokemon Contests

I'm sure people have discussed this before, but I don't think it's ever been implemented. I'm talking about the contests like in (I think) Emerald that were based on beauty/coolness/etc, as well as the whole Pokeblock making system. I know that a lot of people didn't like this element of the games, but I always thought it was fun to do when taking a break from playing through the story line. Has anyone ever worked on adding this system into their games? Has it ever been implemented somewhere? I really would like to have it back in mine.

Go here:
Contests....

Venus

Fragment of a Forgotten Past
Is there any intro before titlescreen script around? I searched one on Google but it's not adapted to Essentials, so it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back