• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests

This is an informative overview thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLoreScribe

Rookie
I couldn't find any details for this anywhere else, so I wanted to ask: Does anyone know of a resource to expand how many badges you can have in a trainers' case, like in HGSS? Mainly asking since I'm planning on going above 8 badges, but the option doesn't seem easily available.

Chalk33

Likes Pokémon Platinum too much
I’ve been scouring around trying to find a complete set of Platinum tiles for Essentials, but I’ve had absolutely no luck. Does anyone happen to know of a complete set? I have a feeling nobody has done a complete set of every time from the game yet (the closest I’ve found hasn’t come close), but I thought I’d ask. I briefly tried to do it myself while looking at an image of Twinleaf Town for reference, but I could feel those grass tiles mocking me as I tried to make them. I’d ask for advice, but I’ve tried looking at and following tutorials already so I don’t expect much more out of myself.

But yeah, if anyone knows of a complete set, that’d be fantastic. Rips from the game are a-okay as well, so long as they aren’t modified too much (so they’ll match with the rest just fine).

Rashi

The Bird Keeper
I really wanted make this script myself but I'm not getting much time to learn Ruby. I want a script which makes player's stater follow the player all time like in Pokemon Yellow. Unlike Mej71's following Pokemon's script, I only want the starter to follow the player. Also, a script which will change the text of talking the following Pokemon for especially Mystery Dungeon games will be nice too. But do it only if it's short. I hope it's not so complicated and long.

I want a script which makes player's stater follow the player all time like in Pokemon Yellow. Unlike Mej71's following Pokemon's script, I only want the starter to follow the player.
You could always just change the part of Mej's script that determines the sprite to instead just be one sprite for the starter, or, if you're still letting players pick their starter, have a conditional based on a variable set when they pick the starter.

Also, a script which will change the text of talking the following Pokemon for especially Mystery Dungeon games will be nice too.
That's going to depend on what you want the Pokemon to say, and what you want to trigger those messages. Mystery Dungeon's could probably be done pretty easily, assuming you mean the messages when they're at full health, mid health, low health?

Rashi

The Bird Keeper
That's going to depend on what you want the Pokemon to say, and what you want to trigger those messages. Mystery Dungeon's could probably be done pretty easily, assuming you mean the messages when they're at full health, mid health, low health?
Nope, I want the messages based on story-line. I'm planning to work on a game in which Pokemon becomes trainer and meets a Pokemon which is going to follow him/her. So I don't really think I need messages based on their health. And thanks for helping!

Last edited:
Nope, I want the messages based on story-line. I'm planning to work on a game in which Pokemon becomes trainer and meets a Pokemon which is going to follow him/her. So I don't really think I need messages based on their health. And thanks for helping!
No problem!

In that case, I'd think you should be able to do that by just making it based on a switch or variable in game, with something like
if $game_switches[X]==true

Shashu-Greninja

Greninja forever!
Can anyone please give a script with all gen 8 moves and abilities. I will grateful if anyone posts this resource.

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
Hey guys,

After an extensive search to track these down, I can't seem to find them anywhere. Do these exist already somewhere, or am I better off trying other things?

Cheers!

Hey guys,

After an extensive search to track these down, I can't seem to find them anywhere. Do these exist already somewhere, or am I better off trying other things?

Cheers!
You mean the resources people mention in this thread? Yeah, this is just a place people go to request stuff, sort of like a "help wanted" posting. Unless someone's made a comment about where you can find what they've asked for, it's safe to assume the resource they're asking for doesn't exist yet.

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
You mean the resources people mention in this thread? Yeah, this is just a place people go to request stuff, sort of like a "help wanted" posting. Unless someone's made a comment about where you can find what they've asked for, it's safe to assume the resource they're asking for doesn't exist yet.

Oops! I just copied my post from elsewhere, I realise I forgot to mention what I'm looking for!

I'm try and track down Gen III spritesheets for Team Magma and Team Aqua :)

ValiantSoul

World Traveller
Ohhh, lol, I see!

Are you needing RSE-style or FRLG-style? I could probably format RSE style if that's what you're using!
Hey bud! I've gone and done it already, but I appreciate that 💯 %

I'm not sure if the Admins had their own unique sprite sheets though, I couldn't find those, so if they're out there and you can source them - amazing!

Leondrea

Trainer
I really want to make this script, but I don't have so much time to learn Ruby. I want a Script that let the player choose between 8 different Trainers, I already have all the sprites I need, I just need a GUI Interface, where player can choose between 4 different girls (same girl, just different skin, hair and eye colour) and between 4 different boys (same boy, just different skin, eye and hair colour). Like a selection screen. I really need it so I can finally start making my game.

Ozander

Ozander
I really want to make this script, but I don't have so much time to learn Ruby. I want a Script that let the player choose between 8 different Trainers, I already have all the sprites I need, I just need a GUI Interface, where player can choose between 4 different girls (same girl, just different skin, hair and eye colour) and between 4 different boys (same boy, just different skin, eye and hair colour). Like a selection screen. I really need it so I can finally start making my game.
Here you go:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409950
Is that what you meant?

Marin's actually got a complete tutorial for writing a GUI here!

Leondrea

Trainer
It seems to work, I just need to make switches for every choice and it would be cool if there wouldn't be a confirmation message. Is there a way, I can change it so it works like gen 8 where it isn't possible to cancel and where you have to choose one character, and when choosing you have to use it?

Leondrea

Trainer
Marin's actually got a complete tutorial for writing a GUI here!
I already tried to "create" a Script based on his tutorial but with 8 images and show choices, but error messages popped up and I gave up on that. I deleted the script and saved it back in a txt file, for when I need it. For the first time, I used it, the images showed up altogether on one screen, I can't position the graphics to look nice, like in sun/moon and the selection graphic won't show up above the images as one, click on left or right. So I had to remove it and now I'm trying to use the Sun and Moon Gender Selection Script that Ozander posted today. Thank you though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back