Completed Pokémon: A Star in the Desert

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Version

AurelTheInfinityOverlap

Rookie
Follow these steps

Click the Download Link that goes to Mediafire.
a05ecb45da.png

Click the Blue Download button ehre

5e45b151de.png

Wait for the download of the zip file to finish, navigate to the Show in folder,

cebae477c8.png

Extract the files, might be different depending on whats on your computer, but you need to extract the files

a710bbe46a.png

Confirm extraction, click OK, again might look different

b3c0a3590a.png

A new Folder will appear on your computer. This is the real game

b1687f76d7.png

Click Game.exe. You're done!

5f9e271ec6.png
step 4 is where im stuck it doesnt give me that when i download it

PikachuMazzinga

🍝 cooking pixels 🍝
Just finished playing the game and I must say the writing and the story in this game are so good!! ❤
Every character felt unique and with so much personality and made the story flow very nicely!
All the locations felt well designed around the various quests and the polish in events and custom pixel-art work complemented that well!

The only nitpicks I have are just with me not being used to play PSDK games, such as the battle animations and the button layout.

But the effort that went into cooking up the feeling of a Mystery Dungeon game really paid off, definitely suggesting anyone looking for a nice story on that kind of vibe to play this game! ✨✨✨

Will play any future updates for sure ⭐

finished playing the game! It was super fun, I don't really have too much to mention because the game really did just do a good job in all aspects. Writing and cutscenes were super charming. Story was fun, I can see already that the world is setting up to be something interesting. Mapping was beautiful. And I really liked the battle system with the items! I thought a couple of the fights was a bit tough, e.g scyther gang. But the item system gives you a pretty good advantage over the enemies so I think it worked well.

Looking forward to the future acts! good luck!

Unfolding

Novice
Fiiiiinally got around to playing this - I promised myself I'd get to it eventually after Ranko played All Things It Devours - and it was a great game! I generally go for more experimental / absurd games, so I wasn't sure I'd enjoy a PMD-style adventure so much, but the many layers of charm and excellent writing absolutely won me over. The writing was my favorite part by far - pretty much every NPC was memorable and felt like a real character, and there was clearly a lot of thought put into matching personalities to Pokemon. A persevering Ledian trying not to be useless, a silly cactus dance squad, a serious and intimidating Indeedee, a group of Falinks running an inn... these were all beautiful little vignettes that made the world feel real!

Another huge plus I wanna point out was that the gameplay felt really balanced (and this is something I've practically never seen in a game jam entry - balance is real hard to do quickly). I chose Mudkip, and so my gameplay experience was charming and fun, and managed to feel epic without actually killing me, which felt like the "right" difficulty for a cozy game like this.

Critical Feedback - not too much, honestly. My main criticism is just that the game felt like a worthy entry in the PMD series... and therefore didn't have much that was really unique or groundbreaking. But, I bet this comes down to a difference in philosophy more than anything else - what you have is an amazing PMD game, and I feel like y'all absolutely hit -your- target. Outside of that, there are quite a few collision errors remaining in 1.4 (and one really funny one where you can walk on water in the Secluded Woods), but they really don't detract from the game! Well done!

Unfolding

Novice
Oh, I should add - there was a strange bug I kept running into where the cancel button confirmed, and maybe the cursor defaulted to different locations if I cancelled a choice (like a "are you sure you want to proceed" choice), and then saved and entered it again, only to have the cursor show up over Yes instead of No? Super small thing, but it did cause me to turn all my cloth into Defense Scarves, lol.

ranko

The Wind and Snow Continue to Stare
Expo Team
Oh, I should add - there was a strange bug I kept running into where the cancel button confirmed, and maybe the cursor defaulted to different locations if I cancelled a choice (like a "are you sure you want to proceed" choice), and then saved and entered it again, only to have the cursor show up over Yes instead of No? Super small thing, but it did cause me to turn all my cloth into Defense Scarves, lol.
Thank you so much! That sounds like a bug in the Crafting system, I'll definitely report it soon!

Back