• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon: A Star in the Desert

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Version

HumbleScotsman

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHumbleScotsman
Played and did a wee video of the game loving it so far! love how i got one on my fav pokemon from the quiz to! always was a fan of the mystery dungeon theme and style and sobbie defo suits the hat! looking forward to playing more and seeing how the story goes. great job to everyone involved in making the game! 😁

bFlo

Novice
I played A Star in the Desert with three friends who weren't familiar with fangames, so I wasn't sure how things would turn out, but all four of us loved the game! The throwable berries mechanic was really fun to play with, and on a more personal note, I loved every graphical aspect of the game (the tutorial images, shop menu...) and the dialogues were really funny (Boldore and the DMCA team my beloved). Edit : the male combee that want to evolve was a little detail really funny too
I'm really curious to hear what happened to Simia and Arc on the next arc (if there is one planned ?)

Karthik_

Elite 4
Played and did a wee video of the game loving it so far! love how i got one on my fav pokemon from the quiz to! always was a fan of the mystery dungeon theme and style and sobbie defo suits the hat! looking forward to playing more and seeing how the story goes. great job to everyone involved in making the game! 😁

We are glad that you liked our game!!, and thank you for leaving a nice review..

I played A Star in the Desert with three friends who weren't familiar with fangames, so I wasn't sure how things would turn out, but all four of us loved the game! The throwable berries mechanic was really fun to play with, and on a more personal note, I loved every graphical aspect of the game (the tutorial images, shop menu...) and the dialogues were really funny (Boldore and the DMCA team my beloved). Edit : the male combee that want to evolve was a little detail really funny too
I'm really curious to hear what happened to Simia and Arc on the next arc (if there is one planned ?)

Thank you so much for your indepth review,!! we are glad that you liked tutorial stuff and dialogues my team made those.. which is really means a lot to us!!

Last edited:

PappyDappy

Rookie
Had to delete my last comment cause my tablet autocorrected, but I was wondering how to turn on fullscreen mode for the game. Great game btw.

ranko

The Wind and Snow Continue to Stare
Expo Team
Hi everyone! Thank you all SO MUCH for your videos, your playthroughs, and all your feedback and compliements! It means a lot to us!

We are releasing what should be the final version of the Game Jam version. v1.3 cleans up as many typos, passage errors, and other issues that players may randomly run into. You're awesome for being such great players!

We of the development team have agreed that we really love this project, and so we have decided that this game will continue development outside of the Game Jam! We hope to see you soon in Sandy Square!

Ceamlyn

Rookie
If you use whirlpool on sneasel you can stop it running away and beat it at that point

TheMentalOrder

Novice
This game has to be probably my favorite game out of what I've played so far on the Jam. I really liked how the world was still moving with small things happening all around while you and your partner were doing stuff, and how your missions affected a bit this world in one way or another. I also liked how y'all combined the traditional Pokemon RPG system with some of the Mystery Dungeon mechanics, which made the game more interesting overall.
Great game.

BobOrSomething

Rookie
Hey so I saw this game in a video recently and it looked really cool, so I came here to download it but I ran into a problem, now I'm not sure if it's something I did wrong or what but when I go to launch the Game.exe the window pops up for not even a full second and closes.
It gave me an Error.log which I'll include here below.
================================Erreur de script================================

Type : TypeError
Script : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP)
Ligne : 539
Date : 20/08/2024 22:15:45
Game Version : 256
Logiciel : PSDK 26.29
===================================Backtraces===================================
[11] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 539 load
[10] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 539 load_data_vd
[9] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 523 load_data
[8] : PSDK//3_Studio.rb (RMXP) | ligne 177 __game_data
[7] : PSDK//3_Studio.rb (RMXP) | ligne 192 <compiled>
[6] : PSDK//0_Dependencies.rb (RMXP) | ligne 998 each
[5] : PSDK//0_Dependencies.rb (RMXP) | ligne 998 start
[4] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 579 <compiled>
[3] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 343 rgss_main
[2] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 633 <compiled>
[1] : Game.rb (RMXP) | ligne 1 eval
[0] : Game.rb (RMXP) | ligne 1 <main>
===================================Fin du log===================================

I'll keep looking into it a bit more and see if I can figure anything out cause I'd really like to try it out but I'd appreciate any help. 🙇‍♂️
I'm on windows 11 if that makes any difference. Also this happened right after downloading and extracting the folder so I didn't touch anything in the folder.

ranko

Expo Team
Hey so I saw this game in a video recently and it looked really cool, so I came here to download it but I ran into a problem, now I'm not sure if it's something I did wrong or what but when I go to launch the Game.exe the window pops up for not even a full second and closes.
It gave me an Error.log which I'll include here below.
================================Erreur de script================================

Type : TypeError
Script : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP)
Ligne : 539
Date : 20/08/2024 22:15:45
===================================Backtraces===================================
[11] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 539 load
[10] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 539 load_data_vd
[9] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 523 load_data
[8] : PSDK//3_Studio.rb (RMXP) | ligne 177 __game_data
[7] : PSDK//3_Studio.rb (RMXP) | ligne 192 <compiled>
[6] : PSDK//0_Dependencies.rb (RMXP) | ligne 998 each
[5] : PSDK//0_Dependencies.rb (RMXP) | ligne 998 start
[4] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 579 <compiled>
===================================Fin du log===================================

I'll keep looking into it a bit more and see if I can figure anything out cause I'd really like to try it out but I'd appreciate any help. 🙇‍♂️
I'm on windows 11 if that makes any difference. Also this happened right after downloading and extracting the folder so I didn't touch anything in the folder.
Thanks for letting us know! We're investigating this error right now

EDIT: We've found the issue and put out a really quick patch. We've playtested and checked the download and it should work now

Last edited:

BobOrSomething

Rookie
Thanks for letting us know! We're investigating this error right now

EDIT: We've found the issue and put out a really quick patch. We've playtested and checked the download and it should work now
Downloaded the patch and everything seems to be working fine now, really appreciate the quick fix! Can't wait to play it

ranko

Expo Team
We pushed out a little hotfix! The previous versions shouldn't break your games, but this one solves a few nagging tile errors. v1.3.1 is now on the thread!

ApuTheMerchant

Rookie
I just started the game and I got Riolu! That was the first pokemon I got in Time/Darkness/Sky as well, so right now my nostalgia meter has been maxed out. Very exciting. Worth noting, I found the game through HoodlumCallum's most recent video and I will be attempting to follow it in it's journey, much love and appreciation <3

ApuTheMerchant

Rookie
I've no idea if I can post a screenshot here but I got this script error
This was on a certain fight and Im trying to see if it will replicate, I can give my discord in dm if any dev wants it or if there is a specific discord for this game yet or not
undefined local variable or method `bi' for #<Interpreter:0x0fd9fda0>

Type : NameError
Script : (eval) (RMXP)
Ligne : 6
Date : 21/08/2024 14:40:25
Script used by eval command :
party = []
party << PFM::Pokemon.generate_from_hash(id: :basculin,level: 25,ability: :mold_breaker,gender:1,nature:
:modest,form: 2)
@bi.add_wild_pokemon(1, party, 7)
@bi.battle_id = 5
$scene.setup_start_battle(Battle::Scene, bi)

[21] : (eval) (RMXP) | ligne 6 eval_script
[20] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 2098 eval
[19] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 2098 eval_script
[18] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 2089 command_355
[17] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 1073 execute_command
[16] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 953 update
[15] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 934 loop
[14] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 934 update
[13] : PSDK//4_Systems_003_Map_Engine.rb (RMXP) | ligne 9035 auto_transfert_update
[12] : PSDK//4_Systems_003_Map_Engine.rb (RMXP) | ligne 9033 loop
[11] : PSDK//4_Systems_003_Map_Engine.rb (RMXP) | ligne 9033 auto_transfert_update
[10] : PSDK//4_Systems_003_Map_Engine.rb (RMXP) | ligne 8908 update
[9] : PSDK//0_Dependencies.rb (RMXP) | ligne 1326 times
[8] : PSDK//0_Dependencies.rb (RMXP) | ligne 1326 run
[7] : PSDK//4_Systems_003_Map_Engine.rb (RMXP) | ligne 8908 update
[6] : PSDK//4_Systems_000_General_2_GamePlay__Base.rb (RMXP) | ligne 229 main_process
[5] : PSDK//4_Systems_000_General_2_GamePlay__Base.rb (RMXP) | ligne 140 main
[4] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 592 <compiled>

Last edited:

ranko

Expo Team
I've no idea if I can post a screenshot here but I got this script error
This was on a certain fight and Im trying to see if it will replicate, I can give my discord in dm if any dev wants it or if there is a specific discord for this game yet or not
undefined local variable or method `bi' for #<Interpreter:0x0fd9fda0>

Type : NameError
Script : (eval) (RMXP)
Ligne : 6
Date : 21/08/2024 14:40:25
Script used by eval command :
party = []
party << PFM::Pokemon.generate_from_hash(id: :basculin,level: 25,ability: :mold_breaker,gender:1,nature:
:modest,form: 2)
@bi.add_wild_pokemon(1, party, 7)
@bi.battle_id = 5
$scene.setup_start_battle(Battle::Scene, bi)

[21] : (eval) (RMXP) | ligne 6 eval_script
[20] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 2098 eval
[19] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 2098 eval_script
[18] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 2089 command_355
[17] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 1073 execute_command
[16] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 953 update
[15] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 934 loop
[14] : PSDK//1_RMXP_Scripts.rb (RMXP) | ligne 934 update
[13] : PSDK//4_Systems_003_Map_Engine.rb (RMXP) | ligne 9035 auto_transfert_update
[12] : PSDK//4_Systems_003_Map_Engine.rb (RMXP) | ligne 9033 loop
[11] : PSDK//4_Systems_003_Map_Engine.rb (RMXP) | ligne 9033 auto_transfert_update
[10] : PSDK//4_Systems_003_Map_Engine.rb (RMXP) | ligne 8908 update
[9] : PSDK//0_Dependencies.rb (RMXP) | ligne 1326 times
[8] : PSDK//0_Dependencies.rb (RMXP) | ligne 1326 run
[7] : PSDK//4_Systems_003_Map_Engine.rb (RMXP) | ligne 8908 update
[6] : PSDK//4_Systems_000_General_2_GamePlay__Base.rb (RMXP) | ligne 229 main_process
[5] : PSDK//4_Systems_000_General_2_GamePlay__Base.rb (RMXP) | ligne 140 main
[4] : UNKNOWN/Game/Boot.rb (RMXP) | ligne 592 <compiled>
Thanks for the heads up! You can DM me at #rankoruru on Discord.

Back