• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Mineral

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Version

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
Pokémon Mineral
By Shadow56bomb and Meeow's Music
Made with RPG Maker XP

Synopsis:
You signed up to work for Roark to discover fossils for Professor Rowan to study because all the other fossils aren't his.

Rebirth theme:
The Noble Pokémon you revive throughout the game and Torrant's actions depending on his opinion.
Screenshots:
tuWl4aS.png

Download:

Bugs:
There might still be some right sideways stairs that softlock you. I'm not sure where though.
Hisuian Pokémon and Golbat sprites don't appear.
Machoke can learn Strength via level up allowing earlier than intended exploration of Mt. Coronet and a softlock if you speak with dawn after moving a boulder.

Updates:
Fixed bridges in Routes 210 and 215
Fixed crash with item in Route 204
Fixed exiting Stark Mountain not working
Fixed stairs working incorrectly at Mt. Coronet and Route 225
Fixed item on Route 203
Fixed bridge on Route 210
Made it more clear about what to do after beating arcanine
Fixed softlocks in Route 228
Made it possible to return to the Resort Area as soon as you can get there
Made it really possible to return the Resort Area as soon as you can get there (Still from Eterna City)

Credits:
Developed by Shadow56bomb

Engine: "Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

RPG Maker XP:
Enterbrain

Plugins:
Arcky's Utilities
Arcky's Region Map
Generation 9 Pack
Level Caps EX
Overworld Rock Climb EX

Soundtrack:
Meeow's Music https://www.youtube.com/@MeeowsMusic
Pokémon DPPT

Sound Effects:
Pokémon Company

Graphics:
Shadow56bomb
Gen 4 and 5 Trainer sprites and PBS
Gen 4 partner backsprites
ALL Lucas and Dawn sprites
Ekat's Public Gen 3 Tilesets
Muddy Slopes and Cracked Tiles as events

Characters:
Pokémon Company
Shadow56bomb

Last edited:

Kyhz

Rookie
The battle with Cynthia in celestic town is a loop so you keep on losing since the battle is impossible to win so you have to reset, really sucks i haven't saved at all yet

M.T.Pockets

Novice
This might sound like a really dumb question, but what do I do with the fossils I find? I found one on the first day and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to deliver it to Roark somewhere or have it revived.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
This might sound like a really dumb question, but what do I do with the fossils I find? I found one on the first day and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to deliver it to Roark somewhere or have it revived.
In the northeast corner of Oreburgh City there's a big building with a scientist who can revive them. You have to sleep after a day ends for the revival to finish.

Altarax

Novice
I think I have softlocked myself in Mount Coronet :

q5QppLo.png

None of my Pokémon have got Rock Smash and the game doesn't let me get out asking me to interact with a Pokémon. Nothing happens when I do wild battles neither.

Here are some other crashes I have encountered so far:

igd1pDX.png

SG7Z4TH.png

Tioak0j.png

I found out some minor bugs as well :

uuYzA01.png

(In the first town)
RVAtj4K.png

(When entering Hearthome City by the right side)

Also, some other things I am not sure if they are intended:
Nothing happens when you lose the first time to your rival.
When you leave doors you get teleported in the door tile instead of one tile down the door.

Shadow56bomb

Cooltrainer
I think I have softlocked myself in Mount Coronet :

q5QppLo.png

None of my Pokémon have got Rock Smash and the game doesn't let me get out asking me to interact with a Pokémon. Nothing happens when I do wild battles neither.

Here are some other crashes I have encountered so far:

igd1pDX.png

SG7Z4TH.png

Tioak0j.png

I found out some minor bugs as well :

uuYzA01.png

(In the first town)
RVAtj4K.png

(When entering Hearthome City by the right side)

Also, some other things I am not sure if they are intended:
Nothing happens when you lose the first time to your rival.
When you leave doors you get teleported in the door tile instead of one tile down the door.
Everything except the doors should be fixed now. The doors do that in case I ever add opening and closing to them.

1ckle

Novice
the dialogue that roark has when you enter the mine on day 9 keeps repeating itself for me

1ckle

Novice
yea I chose faster mode the dialogue is the one were roark says that we will be going to iron island

M.T.Pockets

Novice
I seem to be stuck in the solaceon ruins. I can't seem to be able to go back up the stairs from the room I'm in. There doesn't seem to be an event to bring me back to the previous room.

M.T.Pockets

Novice
Thanks for fixing everything so far. I'm afraid I've got a new issue for you. I'm getting an event script error when I try to go back to Oreburgh with Rorark.

delusionsofgrandr

Novice
Hi! I have a minor bug to report. I unfortunately got knocked out by a Geodude in Oreburgh Mine right after starting the game, and when you're transported back home you get stuck trying to exit the building. I had to reset because I was basically just flailing on the front door and getting a looping message of "You should be at work right now".

Back