• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Wonder Launcher [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Wonder Launcher [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.2

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 submitted a new resource:

Wonder Launcher [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] - Replicates Wonder Launcher battles from Generation 5 into Essentials.

Wonder Launcher for v21.1
Replicates Wonder Launcher battles from Generation 5 into Essentials.
A88wKDt.gif
omVjUrC.gif

Overview
This plugin builds upon the Deluxe Battle Kit to add the Wonder Launcher functionality to your trainer battles. The Wonder Launcher was a feature that was introduced in Pokemon Black & White...

Read more about this resource...

Thomwell

Trainer
This is a great plugin that expands combat style and optimizes combat AI, but it seems to be incompatible with "Bag Screen w/int. Party", which is really regrettable.

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
This is a great plugin that expands combat style and optimizes combat AI, but it seems to be incompatible with "Bag Screen w/int. Party", which is really regrettable.
Yeah. That's really bad.

Lucidious89

Champion
Yeah. That's really bad.
It should work with the plugin now, but I'm not going through all the effort of implementing all of the visuals of the player's LP information and all of that.

I'mBadAtStuff

Rookie
It should work with the plugin now, but I'm not going through all the effort of implementing all of the visuals of the player's LP information and all of that.
The plugin works great on its own, very happy someone has implemented this somewhat obscure battle feature from BW.
However, I've re-downloaded both this and Interactable Party and am still having compatibility errors. Am I missing a graphic? This seems like the functions are referencing variables that don't exist in certain versions of the function across both plugins.
I apologize if I've missed something or installed it incorrectly, but I've had another user also ask me about this error and wanted to report it.

Edit: I've just noticed a step I've missed in installation. I will edit this message again after I have installed it properly. I suspect that is the source of my error.

Edit 2: I have installed all plugins again while following the installation directions more closely, but I haven't noticed any changes and the error below still persists when the LAUNCH option is selected to open the Launcher menu in the command phase.
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Wonder Launcher] [003] Bag UI.rb:33:in `pbRefresh'
[Bag Screen w/int. Party] Script.rb:671:in `pbStartScene'
[[DBK] Wonder Launcher] [008] Battle_Scene.rb:83:in `pbLauncherMenu'
[[DBK] Wonder Launcher] [006] Battle.rb:303:in `pbItemMenu'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [005] Poke Ball UI.rb:178:in `pbItemMenu'
Battle_CommandPhase:232:in `block (2 levels) in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
Battle_CommandPhase:221:in `loop'
Battle_CommandPhase:221:in `block in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
Battle_CommandPhase:203:in `loop'
Battle_CommandPhase:203:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
The plugin works great on its own, very happy someone has implemented this somewhat obscure battle feature from BW.
However, I've re-downloaded both this and Interactable Party and am still having compatibility errors. Am I missing a graphic? This seems like the functions are referencing variables that don't exist in certain versions of the function across both plugins.
I apologize if I've missed something or installed it incorrectly, but I've had another user also ask me about this error and wanted to report it.

Edit: I've just noticed a step I've missed in installation. I will edit this message again after I have installed it properly. I suspect that is the source of my error.

Edit 2: I have installed all plugins again while following the installation directions more closely, but I haven't noticed any changes and the error below still persists when the LAUNCH option is selected to open the Launcher menu in the command phase.
The lines it's pointing to is just for setting the Y coordinates of the left/right arrow sprites. If your bag UI doesn't use any sprites that go by those names (either in the Interactable bag plugin, or your own personal edits), then just delete those lines.

I'mBadAtStuff

Rookie
The lines it's pointing to is just for setting the Y coordinates of the left/right arrow sprites. If your bag UI doesn't use any sprites that go by those names (either in the Interactable bag plugin, or your own personal edits), then just delete those lines.
I'd tried that before, as I assumed it was referring to those arrow graphics Interactable Party wasn't using. Removing those lines does make it work mechanically, which may be all you're intending, but it they do still conflict graphically. It brings up both the Interactable Party and Launcher menus simultaneously, which obscures the Launcher and makes it more difficult to use.

A screenshot for reference

I wouldn't expect you to fully integrate both plugins into the one menu, of course, the Launcher menu only needs the Launcher functionality. But ensuring it only brings up the Launcher graphics and not others would make sense.

Thanks a ton for your work on this plugin, it should add a lot of good variety for those that plan to use it in their battles. I appreciate your making the DBK compatible with other popular plugins.

Lucidious89

Champion
I'd tried that before, as I assumed it was referring to those arrow graphics Interactable Party wasn't using. Removing those lines does make it work mechanically, which may be all you're intending, but it they do still conflict graphically. It brings up both the Interactable Party and Launcher menus simultaneously, which obscures the Launcher and makes it more difficult to use.

A screenshot for reference

I wouldn't expect you to fully integrate both plugins into the one menu, of course, the Launcher menu only needs the Launcher functionality. But ensuring it only brings up the Launcher graphics and not others would make sense.

Thanks a ton for your work on this plugin, it should add a lot of good variety for those that plan to use it in their battles. I appreciate your making the DBK compatible with other popular plugins.
That doesn't happen for me, so idk. In fact, the arrow issue also doesnt happen for me, so im not really sure what's different about you game that makes this happen. But I guess just turn off the visibility for the launcher window graphic if that's the case.

I'mBadAtStuff

Rookie
That doesn't happen for me, so idk. In fact, the arrow issue also doesnt happen for me, so im not really sure what's different about you game that makes this happen. But I guess just turn off the visibility for the launcher window graphic if that's the case.
That is very strange. I just installed a fresh, fully updated version of both plugins and haven't made any changes. As far as I remember my base Essentials and hotfixes are also the newest versions with no changes either. Any idea if any of these plugins would conflict for whatever reason?

[DBK_000] Deluxe Battle Kit
[DBK_001] Enhanced Battle Ul
[DBK_007] Improved Item Al
[DBK_008] Wonder Launcher
Bag Screen with interactable Party
MQS
rainefallPortraits
rainefallUtils
v21.1 Hotfixes
Voltseon's Pause Menu

I'll see what I can do as far as messing around and turning off some visibility. It happens consistently but it may be some obscure setup with my save and the specific debug fight(s) I'm using. Let me know if you do come across anything that might be causing it, or have any other ideas I can try.

I'mBadAtStuff

Rookie
I tried to edit the visibility for the Int Party during Launcher battles but didn't have much luck. I'm not extremely familiar with how graphics are run and what functions are being called that I should alter, so there may be a simple solution that I'm not aware of.

What I did do, is I loaded up a completely clean copy of Essentials v21.1, and added in only the necessary plugins (being DBK+Item AI+Launcher, Int Party, and Hotfixes 1.0.9) to test if it was an error with my other game or something in the base plugins. All I did was get the Demo Party, enable Launcher battles, and warp to a map with a trainer, and the exact same error occurred in the first battle I entered. After commenting out the referenced lines, the same visual as in the above screenshot also appears. I haven't made any alterations here, so unless it's somehow machine-specific I don't think the error is on my end.

Again, super appreciative of your work. I don't mean to trouble you, I just want to clear up what might be a compatibility issue given you're wanting the plugins to work together. My Discord is "imbadatstuff" if you need any more on this.

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
It's still 1.0.1 in meta.txt but the game compiles without anything wrong.

Lucidious89

Champion
Back