• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released NOT Pokémon: Misty Orange Demo

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
lNWJXMT.gif

hEVog3b.png

One of The Gamer's / MSN's 25 "Best Fan-Made Pokemon Games"!

l55mYBx.gif

Ten years ago, Ash Ketchum never left for his magical Pokémon journey. Instead, he hid in his mom's basement, played video games, guzzled energy drinks, and obsessed over his anime waifus. Misty, on the other hand, dominated the competitive landscape before retiring to the Water Gym to 'Tat stream to lonely men, one whom is Ash. One Friday, she announces she will marry whoever can defeat her by the end of the weekend! Armed with no potential, skills, or capabilities of any kind, Ash rushes out the door for the first time in a decade to win her hand. But will all those beautiful lonely girls along the way let Ash get to Misty?

XshYAft.gif

t0CYhBA.gif

This game is a parody dating sim of the original Pokémon games/anime as reinterpreted through Pokébeach's 2008 interview with Masamitsu Hidaka, the director of the original anime. There, Hidaka stated that they did not have plans to bring Misty back to the anime at that time. This was admittedly because they changed out the girls and slapped them into bathing suits to keep boys interested with new eye candy. This game therefore is something of Misty's revenge for this. It is set a few years before the forgotten Myutsuu no Gyakushuu trailer, where Nintendo had Ash sire Misty's child and then abandon both of them for his Pokémon journey.

The demo is written in Pokémon Essentials 20.1 and focuses on shenanigans with the various characters and environment. It lasts several hours and ends after beating the first gym. The demo is a third of the final game, which will hopefully be released in two or three years. While the game utilizes a lot of awkward flirty dialogue, there's nothing that would put this game beyond a T rating on ESRB and its age rating would be similar to a show like The Simpsons.

Ndg9wyk.gif

iZ5UeNK.gif

• Misty!
  • Several hours of straight, unabated memes!
  • Branching dialogues and secrets!
  • Needlessly ornate GUI!
  • Animated Visual Scenes!
  • Exclamation Points!
  • Date your favorite characters!
  • What are hotfixes!?
  • Catch tons of Pokémon? No, limitations!

VHDNyHK.gif

POKEMON GO TO THE DOWNLOAD!
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

https://kwatar.itch.io/mistyorange#download

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Wait, you're still reading?

MORE SCREENSHOTS!
MFtOcJF.png
j7HrIAd.png
98NbuL0.png
ltKErjc.png
tvxOABY.png

CREDITS!
In good conscience, I believe this is everyone. But if I missed citing someone or something, please let me know I will add them asap.
Playtesters: Jatopian, Graphenekid, and DigaumGamer.

Base Game:
RPG Maker XP by Enterbrain
Pokemon Essentials 20.1- Maruno, Peter O., Flameguru
"mkxp-z" by: Roza, based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.
"Pokémon Essentials" 20.1 by Flameguru, Poccil (Peter O.), Maruno
With contributions from: AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy, MiDas Mike, Brother1440, Near Fantastica, FL., PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, Golisopod User, Rataime, help-14, Savordez, IceGod64, SoundSpawn, Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta, Venom12, Lisa Anthony, Wachunga, Luka S.J., Unknown, and everyone else who helped out
Pokémon is owned by: The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, Affiliated with Game Freak
Move Sets: v19 - EBDX move & common animation pack
Nintendo, Game Freak, The Pokemon Company International
The Animation Project (web.archive.org/web/20240321051119/https://reliccastle.com/resources/1480/)

Code:
Zoom Map: TechSkylander1518
Mid-Battle Dialogue: Grogro (archive.is/BwPB2)
Battle Foreground: TechSkylander1518
Poisoned items: wrigty12 on reliccastle.com/threads/7642/#post-68222

Title Screen:
Font: textstudio.com/logo/pokemon-3d-text-318
Sprite: No AI images are used in this game, but AI was used to generate base poses to help me better draw characters. This utilized AziibPixelMix using Citron Legacy's Misty (Pokemon)-v2_Anime and NeoxiraN's Misty (Pokemon Indigo League)-v1.0
Background: mary_playa_tarde by Cosumo. mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=78237-new-beach-cosumo
Voice Clips: Pokemon Puzzle League

Intro:
Quote: pokebeach.com/2008/07/second-pokemon-interview-with-masamitsu-hidaka-many-interesting-points
Quote Background: Myutsuu no Gyakushuu trailer (youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI)
Saw image: ChainChain from Terraria.
Misty Jumping: Pixel art, made with reference to AI generated image. Model: AziibPixelMix. LORAs: Citron Legacy's Misty (Pokemon)-v2_Anime and Retro Misty - Pokemon.
Text-to-speech: freetools.textmagic.com/text-to-speech
This interview: youtube.com/watch?v=7DnHLdx8oZk
(No it's not the actual Japanese of the interview at the beginning I'm sorry for everyone who knows Japanese)

Graphic Sources:
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald + Fire Red/Leaf Green + Heart Gold/Soul Silver
MiSTY sprites: Modified Shiori sprites from Tokimeki Memorial
Porygon sprite- Modified from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time / Darkness
Confetti: Modified from webstockreview.net/images/animated-clipart-confetti-20.gif
Pool background: animelandscape.blogspot.com/2018/03/sport-swimming-pool-anime-background.html
NASA's official portrait of Neil Armstrong: nasa.gov/image-article/official-portrait-of-neil-armstrong/
Misty Poses for Streams- From Pokemon Anime
Milk Carton Art: Official Pokemon Gen 2 Artwork
Planets: Simearth for the Super Nintendo intros
Fire Gif: tenor.com/view/hell-flames-gif-10802825
Light Year Distance: open.edu/openlearn/mod/oucontent/view.php?id=68979&section=4
"What is a Lightyear?" slideshare.net/reddonna/stars-galaxies-powerpoint
Compy (unused) Homestarrunner
Luger: invaluable.com/auction-lot/dwm-luger-p08-7-65mm-pistol-56-c-4d94b16865
Sinistar (unused): From Sinistar
Hacksaw: ebay.com.my/itm/185361740360

Sounds:
Pokemon Puzzle League (Misty Soundbites)
Empire Earth
UIN
Star Trek- DS9 S2 Ep 17 (female!)
Ys III (PC-88)
Mischief Makers
Homestar Runner (Please Stop Feeding Me)
Escaped Chasm (Door knock)
Tim and Eric Awesome Show (Sword Door)
Sandbox of God (Allelujah!)
Tokimeki Memorial (Various)
Dinosaur (FM Towns)
Tales of Destiny II (Barbatos Laugh)
Sailor Moon (Esmerelda Laugh)
Sinistar
NASA
Various authors from Freesound.org including the_epic1357, Aderu Moro, pfranzen, The-Sacha-Rush, melokacool, nioczkus, blukotek, splicesound, Robinhood76, soupods, DaniloSFX, pbrproductions, digifishmusic, daveincamas, Hardance, newlocknew, howardai, Annesy, pnmcarrierailfan, Hybrid_V, Nox_Sound, UnderASpell, kev_durr
Turbo Encabulator the Original

Music:
All the music files are fairly well named in the files. Some names that aren't listed right are:
May's theme- Remixed from Jespoke's youtube.com/watch?v=5Vf1G3vUJ5g
Welcome to Hell = Crimson 3 (PC-88)- Track 40
Wild Battle = Space Battleship Yamato 2199 OST - White Comet Disco youtube.com/watch?v=VY0ey0mukIY
Trainer Battle = Space Battleship Yamato 2199 OST - Imperial City Defense www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1BGnEDVNcU
Pewter Gym: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 OST- The Title Theme (can't find the exact name anymore)

Others were replaced to avoid copyright claims for youtubers/streamers. These are:
Akira Ito- Where Spirits Play = Yuukyuu Gensoukyoku- Stumble-Scramble
Jiro Inagaki & Soul Media (1975) = Farland Story - Kamigami no Isan- Emi Fukumaki
Jun Fukamachi Digital Trip Final etc. = Marine Philt (PC-98)- Track 9
Muraoka + Yamaya- Man and Woman = Mitsumete Knight Original Game Soundtrack (1998)- Stay Close ~Noel's Theme~
The Jon Hassell tracks are still Jon Hassell but they've been reversed and modified in case youtube wanted to be a butt about them. They shouldn't get a copyright claim but if they do, let me know.

Aside from these, also:
Airline
Akira Ito- Where Spirits Play
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien World (Amiga)
Apidya
Battle Gorilla (Music Mode)
Knight Arms Remastered Soundtracks
Mi ni Ikuzo! Hedgehog OST
Pitapat
Brandish 3: Spirit of Balcan
Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind
Contra: Hard Corps
Dengeki Nurse (PC-9801)
Diamond Players (PC-9801)
Dinosaur (FM Towns)
"DINOSAUR" Complete FM Oscillator Version
Dragon Master Silk II (PC-9801)
Dragon Slayer - Eiyuu Densetsu 2
Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes (FM Towns)
Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes II (FM Towns)
Duel Fighter (X68000)
Eiyuu Shigan ~Gal.Act.Heroism~ Original Game Sound Track
Farland Story - Kamigami no Isan
Fray
Garou Densetsu 2 & SPECIAL TurboGrafx-16 Sound Track
Jewel Bem Hunter Lime Dai-11-wa
Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen Enhanced Soundtrack
Jon Hassell - Courage - DREAM THEORY IN MALAYA (1981)
L no Kisetsu - The Season of L ~A piece of memories~ (1999)
Langrisser II
Laplace no Ma
Mahou Shoujo Fancy Coco (PC-9801)
Mahou Shoujo Fancy Coco (PS1)
Pokémon Emerald Version Complete Original Soundtrack: Remastered
Memories Off ~sorekara again~ Audio Collection
Mid-Garts (X68000)
Mirrors (FM Towns)
Mitsumete Knight Original Game Soundtrack (1998)- Stay Close ~Noel's Theme~.ogg
My Merry Maybe
Namachuukei 68
Fantasy Zone
Ork (Amiga)
Pachinko Fan 2
Pachislot Tokimeki Memorial Original Soundtrack
Plok!
Pokemon Red
Pokémon FireRed & Leaf Green Enhanced Soundtrack
Popful Mail (PC-98)
Rainbow Sprinkler Conspiracy (youtube.com/watch?v=aIYZvr3ueGw)
Snatcher
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 OST
Spindizzy II (X68000)
Star Ocean
Startling Odyssey I
Stick RPG
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald OST
Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You
Tokimeki Memorial 2 Original Game Soundtrack
Tokimeki Memorial 3 ~Yakusoku no Ano Basho de~ Original Soundtracks
Tokimeki Memorial disc collection ORGEL ARRANGE No.09 Saki Nijino
Tokimeki Memorial Sound Collection
Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Puzzledama Original Game Soundtrack
Tokimeki Memorial Pocket
Crimson 3: Jashin Fukkatsu (PC-8801)
Xak: The Art of Visual Stage (X68000)
Xak II & Fray [PSCX-1023]
Yami no Ketsuzoku: The Predestined Homicides #1
Yami no Ketsuzoku (X68000)
Music from Ys
Music from Ys III
Zai Metajo (PC-9801)

Further note: On occasion, I'll rehash an internet meme in a new way or make an allusion to it (e.g., Duplica's blog is modified from Caroline Ellison's tumblr). I don't credit all these here because I hope part of the fun is finding these nods for those who might be familiar with them or running across them unexpectedly.

CHANGELOGS!
CURRENT VERSION: 6/19/24 (1.1.1.1)
Well, last one wasn't final.
-Cleaned up some tile errors in Palette Town
-Fixed a glitch where the "what are lightyears" pictures appear in the museum
-Cleaned some graphics during the rocket heist event.

----6/17/24 (1.1.1)----
Final version of the demo, fingers crossed!
-Several songs removed that could potentially result in copyright claims. Nothing should trigger this for youtubers or streamers.
-Gary now switches the player's name multiple times.
-Replaced Youngster musics with Startling Odyssey tracks
-Added an extra Misty to the bottom right of the title screen.
-Reworked Restaurant Dream event to have better and more unsettling graphical effects.
-Replaced intro song again with a track from Farland Story - Kamigami no Isan.
-Changed a few bits of dialogue with Giovanni and Team Rocket, added new animation to the end of his battle.
-Fixed some Misty heads that appear when waiting to continue dialogue but not nearly all of them. This will be done for the final release hopefully or maybe I'll just fix them going forward. There's a lot of more pressing crap.
-Hopefully fixed a graphical glitch after the Erika event where the MiSTY AI would not animate. This may still be broken, though.

Known remaining glitches, but too minor to fool with for now:
-Team Rocket man gets moved from in front of gym after defeating the first two bug catchers.
-Jigglypuff can move as well in Pewter, just one to the right.
-Joy sometimes doesn't behave well.
-Once, Lorelei stepped on the counter. Uncertain how this happened.

-----06/08/24 (1.1.0)-----
-Updated credits file to be in line with Eevee Expo's guidelines
-Minor Typo fix

-----05/30/24 (1.1.0)-----
I've been doing a crap ton of stuff and not keeping up with it. Uh...
-Added Misty backdrop to battle. Gonna do some fun stuff with this later.
-Revamped Gary battle 1 and 2 with new sprites.
-Broke everything. Fixed everything.
-Fixed softlock in freezer. Thanks, digaumgamer!
-Fixed crash with move relearner. Thanks, digaumgamer!
-Fixed leftover lightyears crap. Thanks, digaumgamer!
-Probably some other stuff? I can't remember it's late.

-----04/28/22-----
-Replaced the pokeball battle transitions with a stupid misty head.
-Replaced youngster gym battle theme again.
-Made the question menu frame animated
-Made the battle buttons animated
-Made the stat bars in battle more theme oriented (might tweak these a little more)
-Made the May meeting event overall smoother and prettier.

----- 4.22.24-----
-Added dialogue and sprites to boss fight. Now, the battle is quite meatier.
-Softened some other noises that I found.

-----4.14.24-----
-Shortened opening lab dialogue by about 15-20% or so. It was a bit long.
-File size reduced by >100 MB. If this breaks anything please let me know.

-----4/8/27-----
Major Bugfix:
-FIXED THE ENDING SOFT LOCK!
Major Improvements:
-Intro quote is now animated with spoken dialogue (The spoken stuff is not the actual interview recording, btw, just stuff to help facilitate reading)
-Integrated an optional horror event into the main plot. This involves a juice subplot in the restaurant. If you get stuck, just keep forcing the fire exit.
Minor Improvements
-Dampened a couple of loud sounds
-Threw an extra "FEMALE!" yell before the Misty stream
-Added "Of Demo" to the final end image to clarify that it's the end... of the demo. Not the full game.
-Youngster's gym music was replaced with Popful Mail (PC-98)- Jungle. It's less harsh.
Bug Fixes:
-Fixed glitch where the visual scene during the Giovanni fight didn't show the talking/reaction animations.
-Fixed a glitch in the same scene where the player's avatar would peek into black screen
-Corrected various typos

U7EvFUP.gif

Last edited:

Karthik_

Elite 4
lNWJXMT.gif

hEVog3b.png

One of The Gamer's / MSN's 25 "Best Fan-Made Pokemon Games"!

l55mYBx.gif

Ten years ago, Ash Ketchum never left for his magical Pokémon journey. Instead, he hid in his mom's basement, played video games, guzzled energy drinks, and obsessed over his anime waifus. Misty, on the other hand, dominated the competitive landscape before retiring to the Water Gym to 'Tat stream to lonely men, one whom is Ash. One Friday, she announces she will marry whoever can defeat her by the end of the weekend! Armed with no potential, skills, or capabilities of any kind, Ash rushes out the door for the first time in a decade to win her hand. But will all those beautiful lonely girls along the way let Ash get to Misty?

XshYAft.gif

t0CYhBA.gif

This game is a parody dating sim of the original Pokémon games/anime as reinterpreted through Pokébeach's 2008 interview with Masamitsu Hidaka, the director of the original anime. There, Hidaka stated that they did not have plans to bring Misty back to the anime at that time. This was admittedly because they changed out the girls and slapped them into bathing suits to keep boys interested with new eye candy. This game therefore is something of Misty's revenge for this. It is set a few years before the forgotten Myutsuu no Gyakushuu trailer, where Nintendo had Ash sire Misty's child and then abandon both of them for his Pokémon journey.

The demo is written in Pokémon Essentials 20.1 and focuses on shenanigans with the various characters and environment. It lasts several hours and ends after beating the first gym. The demo is a third of the final game, which will hopefully be released in two or three years. While the game utilizes a lot of awkward flirty dialogue, there's nothing that would put this game beyond a T rating on ESRB and its age rating would be similar to a show like The Simpsons.

Ndg9wyk.gif

iZ5UeNK.gif

• Misty!
  • Several hours of straight, unabated memes!
  • Branching dialogues and secrets!
  • Needlessly ornate GUI!
  • Animated Visual Scenes!
  • Exclamation Points!
  • Date your favorite characters!
  • What are hotfixes!?
  • Catch tons of Pokémon? No, limitations!

VHDNyHK.gif

POKEMON GO TO THE DOWNLOAD!

https://kwatar.itch.io/mistyorange

Wait, you're still reading?

MORE SCREENSHOTS!
MFtOcJF.png
j7HrIAd.png
98NbuL0.png
ltKErjc.png
tvxOABY.png

CREDITS!
In good conscience, I believe this is everyone. But if I missed citing someone or something, please let me know I will add them asap.
Playtesters: Jatopian, Graphenekid, and DigaumGamer.

Base Game:
RPG Maker XP by Enterbrain
Pokemon Essentials 20.1- Maruno, Peter O., Flameguru
"mkxp-z" by: Roza, based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.
"Pokémon Essentials" 20.1 by Flameguru, Poccil (Peter O.), Maruno
With contributions from: AvatarMonkeyKirby, Marin, Boushy, MiDas Mike, Brother1440, Near Fantastica, FL., PinkMan, Genzai Kawakami, Popper, Golisopod User, Rataime, help-14, Savordez, IceGod64, SoundSpawn, Jacob O. Wobbrock, the__end, KitsuneKouta, Venom12, Lisa Anthony, Wachunga, Luka S.J., Unknown, and everyone else who helped out
Pokémon is owned by: The Pokémon Company, Nintendo, Affiliated with Game Freak
Move Sets: v19 - EBDX move & common animation pack
Nintendo, Game Freak, The Pokemon Company International
The Animation Project (web.archive.org/web/20240321051119/https://reliccastle.com/resources/1480/)

Code:
Zoom Map: TechSkylander1518
Mid-Battle Dialogue: Grogro (archive.is/BwPB2)
Battle Foreground: TechSkylander1518
Poisoned items: wrigty12 on reliccastle.com/threads/7642/#post-68222

Title Screen:
Font: textstudio.com/logo/pokemon-3d-text-318
Sprite: No AI images are used in this game, but AI was used to generate base poses to help me better draw characters. This utilized AziibPixelMix using Citron Legacy's Misty (Pokemon)-v2_Anime and NeoxiraN's Misty (Pokemon Indigo League)-v1.0
Background: mary_playa_tarde by Cosumo. mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=78237-new-beach-cosumo
Voice Clips: Pokemon Puzzle League

Intro:
Quote: pokebeach.com/2008/07/second-pokemon-interview-with-masamitsu-hidaka-many-interesting-points
Quote Background: Myutsuu no Gyakushuu trailer (youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI)
Saw image: ChainChain from Terraria.
Misty Jumping: Pixel art, made with reference to AI generated image. Model: AziibPixelMix. LORAs: Citron Legacy's Misty (Pokemon)-v2_Anime and Retro Misty - Pokemon.
Text-to-speech: freetools.textmagic.com/text-to-speech
This interview: youtube.com/watch?v=7DnHLdx8oZk
(No it's not the actual Japanese of the interview at the beginning I'm sorry for everyone who knows Japanese)

Graphic Sources:
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald + Fire Red/Leaf Green + Heart Gold/Soul Silver
MiSTY sprites: Modified Shiori sprites from Tokimeki Memorial
Porygon sprite- Modified from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time / Darkness
Confetti: Modified from webstockreview.net/images/animated-clipart-confetti-20.gif
Pool background: animelandscape.blogspot.com/2018/03/sport-swimming-pool-anime-background.html
NASA's official portrait of Neil Armstrong: nasa.gov/image-article/official-portrait-of-neil-armstrong/
Misty Poses for Streams- From Pokemon Anime
Milk Carton Art: Official Pokemon Gen 2 Artwork
Planets: Simearth for the Super Nintendo intros
Fire Gif: tenor.com/view/hell-flames-gif-10802825
Light Year Distance: open.edu/openlearn/mod/oucontent/view.php?id=68979&section=4
"What is a Lightyear?" slideshare.net/reddonna/stars-galaxies-powerpoint
Compy (unused) Homestarrunner
Luger: invaluable.com/auction-lot/dwm-luger-p08-7-65mm-pistol-56-c-4d94b16865
Sinistar (unused): From Sinistar
Hacksaw: ebay.com.my/itm/185361740360

Sounds:
Pokemon Puzzle League (Misty Soundbites)
Empire Earth
UIN
Star Trek- DS9 S2 Ep 17 (female!)
Ys III (PC-88)
Mischief Makers
Homestar Runner (Please Stop Feeding Me)
Escaped Chasm (Door knock)
Tim and Eric Awesome Show (Sword Door)
Sandbox of God (Allelujah!)
Tokimeki Memorial (Various)
Dinosaur (FM Towns)
Tales of Destiny II (Barbatos Laugh)
Sailor Moon (Esmerelda Laugh)
Sinistar
NASA
Various authors from Freesound.org including the_epic1357, Aderu Moro, pfranzen, The-Sacha-Rush, melokacool, nioczkus, blukotek, splicesound, Robinhood76, soupods, DaniloSFX, pbrproductions, digifishmusic, daveincamas, Hardance, newlocknew, howardai, Annesy, pnmcarrierailfan, Hybrid_V, Nox_Sound, UnderASpell, kev_durr
Turbo Encabulator the Original

Music:
All the music files are fairly well named in the files. Some names that aren't listed right are:
May's theme- Remixed from Jespoke's youtube.com/watch?v=5Vf1G3vUJ5g
Welcome to Hell = Crimson 3 (PC-88)- Track 40
Wild Battle = Space Battleship Yamato 2199 OST - White Comet Disco youtube.com/watch?v=VY0ey0mukIY
Trainer Battle = Space Battleship Yamato 2199 OST - Imperial City Defense youtube.com/watch?v=q1BGnEDVNcU
Pewter Gym: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 OST- The Title Theme (can't find the exact name anymore)

Airline
Akira Ito- Where Spirits Play
Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
Alien World (Amiga)
Apidya
Battle Gorilla (Music Mode)
Mi ni Ikuzo! Hedgehog OST
Pitapat
Bionic Commando (C64)
Brandish 3: Spirit of Balcan
Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind
Contra: Hard Corps
Dengeki Nurse (PC-9801)
Diamond Players (PC-9801)
Dinosaur (FM Towns)
"DINOSAUR" Complete FM Oscillator Version
Dragon Master Silk II (PC-9801)
Dragon Slayer - Eiyuu Densetsu 2
Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes (FM Towns)
Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes II (FM Towns)
Duel Fighter (X68000)
Eiyuu Shigan ~Gal.Act.Heroism~ Original Game Sound Track
Fray
Garou Densetsu 2 & SPECIAL TurboGrafx-16 Sound Track
Jewel Bem Hunter Lime Dai-11-wa
Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen Enhanced Soundtrack
Jon Hassell - Courage - DREAM THEORY IN MALAYA (1981)
Zai Metajo (PC-9801)
Langrisser II
Laplace no Ma
Mahou Shoujo Fancy Coco (PC-9801)
Pokémon Emerald Version Complete Original Soundtrack: Remastered
Memories Off ~sorekara again~ Audio Collection
Mid-Garts (X68000)
Mirrors (FM Towns)
My Merry Maybe
Namachuukei 68
Fantasy Zone
Ork (Amiga)
Pachinko Fan 2
Plok!
Pokemon Red
Pokémon FireRed & Leaf Green Enhanced Soundtrack
Popful Mail (PC-98)
Snatcher
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 OST
Spindizzy II (X68000)
Star Ocean
Stick RPG
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald OST
Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You
Tokimeki Memorial 2 Original Game Soundtrack
Tokimeki Memorial 3 ~Yakusoku no Ano Basho de~ Original Soundtracks
Tokimeki Memorial disc collection ORGEL ARRANGE No.09 Saki Nijino
Tokimeki Memorial Sound Collection
Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Puzzledama Original Game Soundtrack
Tokimeki Memorial Pocket
Crimson 3: Jashin Fukkatsu (PC-8801)
Xak: The Art of Visual Stage (X68000)
Xak II & Fray [PSCX-1023]
Yami no Ketsuzoku: The Predestined Homicides #1
Yami no Ketsuzoku (X68000)
Music from Ys
Music from Ys III
Zai Metajo (PC-9801)

CHANGELOGS!
Current Version: 1.1.0.1 (06/08/24)
-Updated credits file to be in line with Eevee Expo's guidelines
-Minor Typo fix

05/30/24 (1.1.0)-
I've been doing a crap ton of stuff and not keeping up with it. Uh...
-Added Misty backdrop to battle. Gonna do some fun stuff with this later.
-Revamped Gary battle 1 and 2 with new sprites.
-Broke everything. Fixed everything.
-Fixed softlock in freezer. Thanks, digaumgamer!
-Fixed crash with move relearner. Thanks, digaumgamer!
-Fixed leftover lightyears crap. Thanks, digaumgamer!
-Probably some other stuff? I can't remember it's late.

04/28/22
-Replaced the pokeball battle transitions with a stupid misty head.
-Replaced youngster gym battle theme again.
-Made the question menu frame animated
-Made the battle buttons animated
-Made the stat bars in battle more theme oriented (might tweak these a little more)
-Made the May meeting event overall smoother and prettier.

Changes in the 4.22.24 version

-Added dialogue and sprites to boss fight. Now, the battle is quite meatier.
-Softened some other noises that I found.

Changes in 4.14.24 version

-Shortened opening lab dialogue by about 15-20% or so. It was a bit long.
-File size reduced by >100 MB. If this breaks anything please let me know.

Changes in 4.8.27 version

Major Bugfix:
-FIXED THE ENDING SOFT LOCK!

Major Improvements:
-Intro quote is now animated with spoken dialogue (The spoken stuff is not the actual interview recording, btw, just stuff to help facilitate reading)
-Integrated an optional horror event into the main plot. This involves a juice subplot in the restaurant. If you get stuck, just keep forcing the fire exit.

Minor Improvements
-Dampened a couple of loud sounds
-Threw an extra "FEMALE!" yell before the Misty stream
-Added "Of Demo" to the final end image to clarify that it's the end... of the demo. Not the full game.
-Youngster's gym music was replaced with Popful Mail (PC-98)- Jungle. It's less harsh.

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed glitch where the visual scene during the Giovanni fight didn't show the talking/reaction animations.
-Fixed a glitch in the same scene where the player's avatar would peek into black screen
-Corrected various typos

U7EvFUP.gif
Oh man this is more like themed game, lot of characteristics in the screen shot you provided, looks clean and I like the animated characters

Inner Rhymes

Trainer
I really dig the UI you've got going there!

nomists

Novice
Quick update: Just removed all the songs that could potentially cause a copyright claim on youtube or other streaming services (Thanks to Gohan's Tips for the tip!). This version is now live and is the default download over at itch.io. If anyone has issue with any other song and copyright claims that I missed, please let me know.

Oh man this is more like themed game, lot of characteristics in the screen shot you provided, looks clean and I like the animated characters
Thanks a bunch! I put a lot of work in designing the little details and choosing the best screenshots, so it's appreciated to see it recognized.

I really dig the UI you've got going there!
Thank you! The UI is ever a work in progress. I'm planning to redesign some other elements in the final build. We'll see how many more silly misty heads I can shove into it.

Last edited:
This game was absolutely amazing! I laughed so much throughout the entire experience. The quality of the art, animations, humor, and all the little details made every moment incredibly enjoyable. Even the most troll moments (like the Metapod fight, long hallways, and all the walking back and forth) weren't too frustrating. It's like Vinemon but with the craziness amplified, which I didn't think was possible. The way you used audio was very creative too – I loved the music switch-ups and fun sound effects. And there were so many things I've never seen before in a fangame, like the way you used pictures to create such smooth animations and cutscenes... you really broke the limits on this one.

Overall, even though I have no idea what I just played, I had a blast! Can't wait for the full version!

nomists

Novice
This game was absolutely amazing! I laughed so much throughout the entire experience. The quality of the art, animations, humor, and all the little details made every moment incredibly enjoyable. Even the most troll moments (like the Metapod fight, long hallways, and all the walking back and forth) weren't too frustrating. It's like Vinemon but with the craziness amplified, which I didn't think was possible. The way you used audio was very creative too – I loved the music switch-ups and fun sound effects. And there were so many things I've never seen before in a fangame, like the way you used pictures to create such smooth animations and cutscenes... you really broke the limits on this one.

Overall, even though I have no idea what I just played, I had a blast! Can't wait for the full version!
This is perhaps the most thoughtful comment I have ever received on this game and it made my morning when I read it. You've just identified so much of what I have been trying to do in focusing on the minutiae and it feels great to see it recognized. I've not heard of Vinemon previously, but now I'm going to try to check it out! And, I can gladly say that the craziness levels of what's in the demo will pale in comparison to what I've got planned next for this thing.

Overall, thanks sincerely for your comment and trying my game!

I don't know what to think about this game.
That's fair. Admittedly, this game has a bizarre sense of humor that may not be everyone's style. Thanks for giving it a look, none-the-less!

TheMentalOrder

Novice
That's fair. Admittedly, this game has a bizarre sense of humor that may not be everyone's style. Thanks for giving it a look, none-the-less!
No no, I like the game, there's a lot of effort put on it. I just don't know what to think exactly about it lmao. I'm really curious about what's going on tho, since there's definitely something really wrong in here, and it's not the MC's sheer simping.

nomists

Novice
Just uploaded the final version of the demo (pending no major emergency patches) onto itch.io, which I've been updating the past two and a half months. I mostly added just a few more gags (e.g. Gary keeps changing the player's name) and minor cleanups (the Pewter Restaurant dream sequence now looks much better). While there are still a few very minor bugs and insignificant imperfections in addition to many more places where stupid little Misty heads can be shoved into the GUI (and will be, rest assured), this is sufficient for the time being and I am now going to begin work on the remainder of the game. I've considered making the demo Joiplay-compatiable, but honestly, that'll be something I'll look into after the final product is done. There are just a lot of dumb things I have planned going forward and I can't wait to inflict them upon you show them to you all.

Also, on a personal note: I wanted to thank this website, both the staff and community. This demo was originally intended to be released on Relic Castle on April 1st, but we all know what happened there. Anyway, the game itself languished after that as I simply couldn't get it into the bloodstream of the fangame community. Honestly, I was nearing the point of just abandoning the project because no one seemed interested, albeit I had a few encouragements near the end. And moreover, now that you guys are back up, I've gotten tons more traffic- not just from this website, but from people who watch this website for fangames and share it with their friends and communities. So very sincerely, thanks to everyone. Even if you're just some person who clicked on this because you wondered what sort of weirdo would make a game like this and why so much effort went into this- thank you. That little view counter ticking up means a lot to someone during the more discouraging times of development. I just honestly wish I could play more projects here and encourage others as well- but sadly, finishing this project isn't guaranteed and I'm already at my limits, so please excuse my flakiness with that.

No no, I like the game, there's a lot of effort put on it. I just don't know what to think exactly about it lmao. I'm really curious about what's going on tho, since there's definitely something really wrong in here, and it's not the MC's sheer simping.
Ah, sorry! Hahaha, that's great then, wonderful! I will keep my mouth shut on that though because I am a moron and my words are untrustworthy.

Last edited:
just finished streaming the demo! What an insane game. I pretty much echo all of Kenny's thoughts. I thought when he said "It's like Vinemon but with the craziness amplified" he was making crap up. But no, he was right, it actually is crazier than Vinemon somehow. So much of the game is so well made, and there are so many beautiful graphics. In particular I love the whole AI Girlfriend bit with Misty being in that old PC-98 dating sim style, and having a bunch of changing outfits. Super cool. Just in general so many well animated things. Like Kenny also said, I didn't find the troll moments all that annoying, HOWEVER, the only part where I felt like it got to a point where I wasn't really having fun anymore was the Tracey fight. 6 of the same smergal just felt like a drag with every couple turns also having to take a few seconds to play the pokemon switching animation.

But yeah, really amazing work, thanks @WolfTaiko for being the first person I knew to play this game and introducing it to me. You are a true degenerate for finding this game on your own and playing it on your own free will without anyone's recommendation, but thank you.

Looking forward to future updates, keep up the good work!

nomists

Novice
LMAO is this game as unhinged as it looks on the surface here?

Love it. hahahaha
Absolutely not. It is much more unhinged. Thanks for the nice words!

just finished streaming the demo! What an insane game. I pretty much echo all of Kenny's thoughts. I thought when he said "It's like Vinemon but with the craziness amplified" he was making crap up. But no, he was right, it actually is crazier than Vinemon somehow. So much of the game is so well made, and there are so many beautiful graphics. In particular I love the whole AI Girlfriend bit with Misty being in that old PC-98 dating sim style, and having a bunch of changing outfits. Super cool. Just in general so many well animated things. Like Kenny also said, I didn't find the troll moments all that annoying, HOWEVER, the only part where I felt like it got to a point where I wasn't really having fun anymore was the Tracey fight. 6 of the same smergal just felt like a drag with every couple turns also having to take a few seconds to play the pokemon switching animation.

But yeah, really amazing work, thanks @WolfTaiko for being the first person I knew to play this game and introducing it to me. You are a true degenerate for finding this game on your own and playing it on your own free will without anyone's recommendation, but thank you.

Looking forward to future updates, keep up the good work!

Hahaha, thank you! I know I've commented once or twice on your videos already, but I've gotten a nice play boost from you posting them and they have been a nice treat during what has been quite an exhausting week. It's also funny because I thought players might hate the AI and Clara but from what I've seen they've been fan favorites so far. The MiSTY images themselves are actually an edited sprite sheet of Shiori Fujisaki from Tokimeki Memorial, a series from which a lot of the game's music is also (notably, Misty's various themes). I thought it'd be an hilarious idea to have a dating sim in a dating sim and then remembered that one of my friends once downloaded a game and immediately installed a graphical patch that changed one of the romanceable women into a catgirl before he even played it vanilla. And so I thought- why not do the same but with Misty? The whole bishojo world of 90s Japanese gaming is fun though and I love the PC-98 aesthetic (although, sadly I have to avoid most of its games because they're just smutty. Although I've found some nice exceptions that also have great music that I'm going to abuse later).

I'll take your Tracey input to heart. I'm not completely satisfied with that section (some of the dialogue is a bit unrefined there imo). I'll probably go back and change part of it and see if there are any ways I can maybe reduce some of the monotony for the final build. The whole battle is a nod to Pikasprey, who did a six smeargle playthrough of Crystal and whose videos introduced me to the Pokémon fangame world several years back (and hence, this game only exist because of those videos, which is kind of funny because I don't think Pikasprey would play this). So, I'd like to keep that nod but yeah, I'll try thinking of some ways to trim it down a little.

Aside from that, there were two things that came up in your playthrough too that have come up in other testing. Since other people will probably bring these up again, I'll go ahead and address them now:
  • Concerning porygon save system instead of saving on the menu: Yeah, one of my playtesters hated this. I completely understand. However, I've got a couple new horror sections already in the works where giving the player the opportunity to save can just break the immersion. It doesn't make much sense in the demo now, but it will later on.
  • Concerning demo saves with the final build: Given the player only has so many options with the three pokes, I'm probably going to have a "start after demo" option in the option menu of the final game. This way, players will be able to adjust things like move sets and relationships as they see fit (and, I'll also give them some of the demo items). Honestly, I'm going to do some really screwy stuff going forward so I'm not sure if it'll break everything when people reload their save.

And @WolfTaiko sounds pretty swell. I should write a thank you card!
vlN5Bwa.png

Last edited:

PokeNomu

Rookie
B4 I download must ask, is Ash actually going to be able to get with Misty or is it just a "crazy person pursues girl" a la pepe la pew? I don't mind if it's either, I just wanna know please, thank you!

nomists

Novice
Thanks for taking the time to post! At present, that question is not answered in the demo (and, I don't want to spoil what happens in the long run of the game, which I have big plans for).

Hope you enjoy the game!

Back