• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Pharaohs (FULL GAME)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Welcome to the Urseca region
You start your journey as the child of The Pharaoh about to begin your Challenge to see if you have what it takes to lead the region. Every 40 years, the region holds a competition where they send out one youth from every town out to conquer the Gyms. The ones who defeat all 17 will be allowed to enter The Pyramid and face off against one another for a chance to face The Pharaoh and if they win, they will become the new unquestioned ruler for the next 40 years. Do you have what it takes to climb the Pyramid?
  • FULLY COMPLETED (unless you guys find some bug I didn't)
  • Gens 1-5 Pokémon
  • All Pokemon available to catch outside of events
  • Modern Moves
  • Legendaries are breedable but Arceus acts as a Ditto
  • Pokemon who evolve through trade and other non natural ways have level or stone evolutions
  • Some uneventful Pokemon have new evolutions into older Legendaries, ex: Dunsparce evolves into Azelf, Uxie or Mesprit with the right evo stone
  • Champion's team has Lvl 95-100 Pokemon
  • 17 Gyms
  • After 6th Gym, the rest can be done in any order
  • 50-60 hours of gameplay
  • No Mega, No Z moves, No Dyna/GigantoMax or terrastialization.
  • All routes have unique Pokemon for nuzlocke and replayability
  • IV/EV Screen in Summary
  • HM Skills, so your Pokemon don't need to know cut, as long as the can learn it.
  • Shiny rate ~1/100
  • Pokerus rate ~1/500
  • MULTIPLE Save Files
  • Full of Pop Culture references from the 2000s-10s
  • Filled with Pokemon Puns
  • Took 3 years to build (on and off)
  • Game was made by 1 person (me) with Pokemon Essentials and the help of their forums, Relic castle forums (R.I.P.) and the help of Thundaga videos
  • Limited swearing, only in places where the story deserved it
  • Normal mode, game as intended
  • Hard mode, double battles for key battles, such as Gym Leaders, other NPC Challengers (Rivals) and The Pharaohs
  • NO hidden items unless a tree or building is hiding the Pokeball icon. You don't need to run around clicking A everywhere.
This game started being built to kill time during Covid lockdowns but eventually became something I loved to do and craved to finish. I hope you all enjoy everyone!

KNOWN ISSUES:
1. Talk to the Nurse Joy after getting your starter to set your faint location. Just realized the issue but I am waiting to see what else people find before I fix.

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pbhtt2e9-MeSfGjzXcgIYllu7wNn9WLH/view?usp=drive_link
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13NZi984cl-5w3hUNxCeq3wSN8K8JTuYp/view?usp=drive_link
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EMI4bBF68TsH3noqEv9x_zA80ytPfjeS/view?usp=drive_link
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z35WbIpH0Ef97YKJ9FymfpjXWfjZ-GvC/view?usp=drive_link
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QqdXbVUeJKppdXtIqTaVdA0T0nBCuelL/view?usp=drive_link

Normal Mode:
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bfSxFy9ho4KAv_X308syfDHM8dttcvJj/view?usp=drive_link

Hard Mode:
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kjc9txt_7USO7sV5aY3L3-hSzPztUBEJ/view?usp=drive_link

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Inspired by work by Flameguru

mkxp-z by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

IV/EV Summary Screen on page 3
LinKazamine

SUPERCAPSULES
AIURJordan and 4ALLNIGHTGRINDER64

HM Skills
Lucidious89

Multiple save files plugin
HTTP404ERROR

Last edited:

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Check Gizmos and Gadgets A Plenty in Nordugo Plateau. He may be selling the Life Orb there. I know a lot of held battle items are sold there. I will check when I get home!
Will do! I may have just missed them there.

On encounters/DexNav, check out these resources for ideas of what I'm referring to:

I'd post an image, but looks like EE requires hosting of images elsewhere and I'd rather not bother with that.

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
I

On encounters/DexNav, check out these resources for ideas of what I'm referring to:

I'd post an image, but looks like EE requires hosting of images elsewhere and I'd rather not bother with that
I

I'd post an image, but looks like EE requires hosting of images elsewhere and I'd rather not bother with that.
I will look at those, thank you!
EDIT: It doesn't look like I can use the DexNav one until they upgrade it further. There are a few places that exceed their maximum pokemon per route limit. Thank you for the suggestion, I probably would have used it if it would cover the whole game.

Last edited:

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
I am honestly not sure if I can do the HM Items. I have tried a few different people's scripts and they all seem to crash the game. Most weren't built for 21.1. I thought I had it with one of them but then it would try to revert the bag to an old version and crashed the game everytime. I will keep my eye out if I see anything that can work but until then, this is the one I may not be able to do.

I CAN however, find a useless Pokemon, put it in the Village of Kings and make it able to learn all 4 HMs that you use. This sadly make you usually have a 5 pokemon team but it will keep HMs off of Pokemon you need/want to have all their moves. Then I can make an NPC standing next to the grass, saying "Wow, I caught a ****! Now I don't need any other Pokemon to Cut, Surf, Fly or Rock Smash! It can learn them ALL!" or something dumb like that.

EDIT: The winner of the no longer useless competition is Luvdisc and you can now find it while fishing on Route 102. It can learn all 4 HMs, Surf, Fly, Rocksmash and Cut. There is an NPC next to the pond that tells you about it as well and a picture of them was placed in the actual game page of this forum. I know this isn't the same as HM Items but it will have to do until I find a good script that doesn't involve going modulor.

Last edited:

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
I am honestly not sure if I can do the HM Items. I have tried a few different people's scripts and they all seem to crash the game. Most weren't built for 21.1. I thought I had it with one of them but then it would try to revert the bag to an old version and crashed the game everytime. I will keep my eye out if I see anything that can work but until then, this is the one I may not be able to do.

I CAN however, find a useless Pokemon, put it in the Village of Kings and make it able to learn all 4 HMs that you use. This sadly make you usually have a 5 pokemon team but it will keep HMs off of Pokemon you need/want to have all their moves. Then I can make an NPC standing next to the grass, saying "Wow, I caught a ****! Now I don't need any other Pokemon to Cut, Surf, Fly or Rock Smash! It can learn them ALL!" or something dumb like that.

EDIT: The winner of the no longer useless competition is Luvdisc and you can now find it while fishing on Route 102. It can learn all 4 HMs, Surf, Fly, Rocksmash and Cut. There is an NPC next to the pond that tells you about it as well and a picture of them was placed in the actual game page of this forum. I know this isn't the same as HM Items but it will have to do until I find a good script that doesn't involve going modulor.
Bummer! Did you try this one? It isn't HM Items, but at least if you had a mon capable of learning the HM in your team, they would work without having to teach the move:

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
Bummer! Did you try this one? It isn't HM Items, but at least if you had a mon capable of learning the HM in your team, they would work without having to teach the move:

This has officially been implemented into the game. If this interacts with any other plug in or any part of the game, PLEASE let me know and I will attempt to address it. Thank you Zinkatron for the link. I saw it and read it but I way over looked into it. I didn't realize the stuff at the bottom of the Module was optional. Hope you all have fun!

Again, I will be on vacation for the next 7-8 after tonight, so no promises on anything else until then but I will be checking in on my phone to watch.

I am going to try to fix the Girl that wants to be a boy bug now.

Last edited:

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
Here are things that you could consider, but at this point you have added a lot and mostly addressed the major QoL so definitely thank you for that!

1) Bottle Caps/IV stones for improving IVs

2) DexNav/Encounters menu so that you can see what is on every route without having to look at the PBS folder

3) More TMs. Feel free to say no to this since I believe your intention was to keep the Gen 5 style, but was hoping for stuff like Stored Power, Body Press, Cosmic Power, etc.

4) Some competitive items are missing I think? Like I don't think I saw Life Orbs for sale anywhere?

For me, HM items as you mentioned is by far the best QoL item missing right now. Everything else I just mentioned in this post are just picky and don't majorly impact the game at all
I found where it was in game. The items will definitely be my first guide when I get back.

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
yep! I found the Life Orb a few hours ago as well, thanks!

A few minor "bugs" - 1) if you head east from I want to say route 105 or 107 and move to the edge of that map, you can enter "The Beginning of the End" section of the map and then Fly there before you really should be able to. At this point you have gone thru the Sand Trap and are likely close to the Pyramid anyways, but figured I'd mentioned it. 2) In the Pyramid, there is a trainer with a Gliscor holding a Toxic Orb. Once it poisons itself to get Poison Heal benefits, its trainer uses a Full Restore on it, even at full HP. Not sure how to circumvent that, but I did chuckle at that as a moment of schadenfreude for using bag items in battle, haha!

I'm close to the end it seems, will give my full thoughts once I'm finished. Thanks again for humoring all my recommendations as well, definitely push back on me as well (like you did with IV items) if you feel uncomfortable with my ideas, I can assure you I am not sensitive. Enjoy the vacation!

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
yep! I found the Life Orb a few hours ago as well, thanks!

A few minor "bugs" - 1) if you head east from I want to say route 105 or 107 and move to the edge of that map, you can enter "The Beginning of the End" section of the map and then Fly there before you really should be able to. At this point you have gone thru the Sand Trap and are likely close to the Pyramid anyways, but figured I'd mentioned it. 2) In the Pyramid, there is a trainer with a Gliscor holding a Toxic Orb. Once it poisons itself to get Poison Heal benefits, its trainer uses a Full Restore on it, even at full HP. Not sure how to circumvent that, but I did chuckle at that as a moment of schadenfreude for using bag items in battle, haha!

I'm close to the end it seems, will give my full thoughts once I'm finished. Thanks again for humoring all my recommendations as well, definitely push back on me as well (like you did with IV items) if you feel uncomfortable with my ideas, I can assure you I am not sensitive. Enjoy the vacation!
I will see if there is a quick fix to that but if you noticed, at no point did they ask if you collected all the gyms. You don't have to. If you feel confident to beat the game at any point, make your way to the Pyramid. It could end up just being another way to SpeedRun, like the dying without talking to nurse joy, after getting a quickball and then trying to first catch one of the big pokemon down there. Still, THANK YOU for pointing that out!

I got a pretty good giggle out of that. I will see what I have their trainer IQ set to. I have seen some pretty dumb moves by NPCs too.

From what I have been told, the Pyramid is tougher than the E4 but that was what I wanted.

If you get stuck after beating a certain special trainer, let me know. I have had to explain it to a few people already

Last edited:

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Finished this today!

Things I enjoyed: Exploration/Open World, Creativity, mon diversity, early access to basically all berries, competitive teams to face, lore

Things that could use some attention: Story, progression, clashing art styles

I think the idea is great and as mentioned the lore/world is pretty well developed, but I just felt very little connection to any of the characters themselves. We hear that our father is a horrible leader, and in some instances can see this thru his neglect of some problems in the region (e.g., the Sand Trap), but for the most part what causes this and why he is so terrible is not really explored. Also, I would have liked to have seen the multitude of other challengers/rivals established more. Also, the game just sorta ends. You win, become the Pharoah, and no exposition on what happens and why.

The area to explore is HUGE which is a big plus, but at times the levels are absolutely all over the place. You can be in an area with wild mons ranging from literally 40 to rare 100s, can walk into the wrong house and find people with teams 10+ levels above you, and inversely you can find yourself dramatically overleveled in some areas which takes away the challenge entirely. Level caps or level scaling would be a huge plus for this game, albeit I understand adds another wrinkle to manage.

The art is all over the place, but it didn't take me out of it. That said, I know people can be sticklers for art inconsistencies like the ones that appear in this game, especially trainer sprites.

Ultimately, the exploration and the excellent challenge of the Pyramid is what drove me to want to complete this one, and I am glad I did. The battles are relatively challenging but not overly so. The creator is active here and very receptive to feedback as well! They care about what they've built and the people playing it, which is nice to see. There is so much to see and do in this one and you won't be bored giving this a go! There are tons of Legendaries to find out there as well, and even early on.

This one is very solid, with just a few things holding it back. Overall, definitely worth a playthrough!

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
Finished this today!

Things I enjoyed: Exploration/Open World, Creativity, mon diversity, early access to basically all berries, competitive teams to face, lore

Things that could use some attention: Story, progression, clashing art styles

I think the idea is great and as mentioned the lore/world is pretty well developed, but I just felt very little connection to any of the characters themselves. We hear that our father is a horrible leader, and in some instances can see this thru his neglect of some problems in the region (e.g., the Sand Trap), but for the most part what causes this and why he is so terrible is not really explored. Also, I would have liked to have seen the multitude of other challengers/rivals established more. Also, the game just sorta ends. You win, become the Pharoah, and no exposition on what happens and why.

The area to explore is HUGE which is a big plus, but at times the levels are absolutely all over the place. You can be in an area with wild mons ranging from literally 40 to rare 100s, can walk into the wrong house and find people with teams 10+ levels above you, and inversely you can find yourself dramatically overleveled in some areas which takes away the challenge entirely. Level caps or level scaling would be a huge plus for this game, albeit I understand adds another wrinkle to manage.

The art is all over the place, but it didn't take me out of it. That said, I know people can be sticklers for art inconsistencies like the ones that appear in this game, especially trainer sprites.

Ultimately, the exploration and the excellent challenge of the Pyramid is what drove me to want to complete this one, and I am glad I did. The battles are relatively challenging but not overly so. The creator is active here and very receptive to feedback as well! They care about what they've built and the people playing it, which is nice to see. There is so much to see and do in this one and you won't be bored giving this a go! There are tons of Legendaries to find out there as well, and even early on.

This one is very solid, with just a few things holding it back. Overall, definitely worth a playthrough!
I 100% love and appreciate this review! I also totally agree with you assessment on the end. I still have no clue what should happen next. Usually post game just ups levels and pushes you to more stuff but we already hit the max level. The only thing I could think of was adding the old Pharaohs to battle in the Village of Kings but that isn’t enough, I thoroughly agree. Without going too far into the spoiler, my limit comes from being inexperienced with events/cutscenes and I totally agree that disconnects you from the NPCs that stand in your way, like the other challengers. I have also felt I needed to add someone that hides and explains everything with your father, as if she/he is the only one brave enough to actually speak out. Like he is doing a hidden podcast and I add radios all over that tells about her horrible thing he did, like how we have conspiracy podcasts.

I again want to show my true gratitude. Your feedback throughout playing has made the game above and beyond better to play with QoL and certain nature/ability like things. Truly, THANK YOU!!

Misted-jay

Rookie
I've given some of my opinions earlier, and now that I've finished the game and had a day or so to process it, they pretty much remain unchanged. Please don't take anything I'm saying below to be saying that the game is bad or shouldn't be played or whatever. The game is overall good, but there are improvements that can be made. I agree with just about everything that Zinkatron said with one exception. Just as a personal play style, I can't stand level caps and level scaling. I don't play games for a challenge (for example I don't even bother with souls-like games because I don't get a sense of accomplishment after beating a super difficult fight that took me twenty tries to win; I just end up extremely frustrated). However, I do absolutely agree that the levels of wild Pokémon and trainers needs to be adjusted.

I also think that location progression could also use some work because there were times where it felt like I was backtracking too far to get to the next area, some of which was definitely my fault. The map is HUGE, and not having the routes and city locations indicated on the town map caused me to occasionally not realize where I had to go to get from one spot to another and I ended up slightly lost. The two biggest issues I had with this were the sea routes (which, btw, I feel like the sign that says something like "If you don't have 12 badges, you missed one in the ocean" is misleading because by the time I got to that sign, I had something super close to that number and I was missing ALL of the ocean badges) and the place that's up along the top of the map that you're advised to go to before the Sand Trap. It took a lot of time to figure out where I had to go to get into that area.

Related to the above, I started out playing this on Joiplay on Android, and it was perfectly fine. Until I got the whatever it was to be able to fly. I could not make that work on Joiplay at all, and was a little frustrated by that. I think it's because the Joiplay app couldn't properly "read" the map so clicking on cities didn't work. I didn't try to get it to work on PC because of that frustration and ended up popping the game into RPG Maker and just using Debug mode to warp me wherever I needed to get to. Again, that's on me because flying probably works just fine on PC without going into Debug, but all those frustrations built up and I just went with what I knew would work for sure lol. All that said, I do actually like the town map. It's really cool looking!

If anything, I think you should probably look into ways to restrict movement between areas so that people don't end up missing out on badges if they're going that route. As you said, nothing says players HAVE to get all, or any, of the badges, but not having location progression restricted for those trying to get all the badges does contribute to that issue with backtracking that I mentioned before. Even just having it say "gym" when you hover over applicable cities might help?

Related to what Zinkatron and I have both said, while the game IS fun, and really nice to look at, the game does suffer from what friends and I have described other media as "wide as the ocean, but shallow as a pond". It's big, it's pretty, the QoL stuff is great, and the variety of mons is great. However, I didn't feel any real emotional connection with the story of the game. I heavily agree with the info in Zinkatron's spoiler (I'd make my own, but I'm on mobile and don't know how to do it lol). The connection isn't there, and the various recurring characters basically just put us down over and over again. I don't know about anyone else, but I just can't connect to characters that only really say "You suck because of that other character" and give me nothing else to work with. It's hard to be sympathetic or empathetic to characters who are, unfortunately, not doing much more than bullying us for something that's completely out of our control. Normally I don't mind silent protagonists, but I think the story that's being told here could truly benefit from NOT having one. Even if it's nothing more than the character saying or thinking "Yeah, I know this situation sucks for you, and I hate it/but I don't care." Because we don't know how the MC feels about the situation and the person causing it, the things said by the last NPC really just...fell flat. Does MC know that person's feelings? Does MC know and care that things are this bad? Does MC even care that the last NPC pretty much just called them a piece of trash that should have been thrown away? All in all, the story has a ton of potential to work with, but every event in this game feels like it's happening TO the MC, not WITH the MC. I think a good way to describe what I mean is the story is like a soccer/futbol game. The MC of the story should be the team, or the star player of the team that always scores the winning goal or comes up with the best plays or whatever (I'm not a sports person, but bear with me lol). Instead, in this game the MC is the ball being kicked around by all of the recurring and important NPCs of the game. I mean, MC is competing to be the ruler of the region, but we don't even know if they want to be the ruler or if they're just doing it because they're expected to or what kind of ruler they want to be, you know?

Also, I hate the father's lame statement at the end. Him saying that he turned into a tyrant of a ruler because he couldn't cope with being the strongest and not having any real challenges is such a cop out that I can't tell if he's just a narcissistic douchebag or if he's straight up lying through his teeth about why he became that kind of ruler. Now personally, I'd find the latter much more interesting and it would open up your post-game to figuring out WHY the father was lying (blackmail, coercion, upcoming invasion, etc.). Because I had no emotional connection to MC's upbringing and family life, the father being a narcissistic douche is entirely unsatisfying. I will say though, nice touch with that gym leader who pretends to be MC's mother because THAT definitely caught my attention. I want to know more about MC's mother now. Where is she? Who is she? Why isn't she present in MC's life? That could also be an idea for post-game, trying to find out who and where MC's mother is. Naturally, we'd need to know if MC even cares to find out though lol.

Overall, this was definitely a very solid game. It's worth playing, and I can't wait to see how it develops over time! There's so much potential and lore to work with that it could absolutely be one of the best fangames I've played (and considering I have something like 50 to 60 fangames that I've played, many of which I've finished entirely, that's saying something I think).

ETA: Figured out spoiler tags on the PC lol. Also added in some clarification and extra info here and there.

Last edited:

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
I've given some of my opinions earlier, and now that I've finished the game and had a day or so to process it, they pretty much remain unchanged. Please don't take anything I'm saying below to be saying that the game is bad or shouldn't be played or whatever. The game is overall good, but there are improvements that can be made. I agree with just about everything that Zinkatron said with one exception. Just as a personal play style, I can't stand level caps and level scaling. I don't play games for a challenge (for example I don't even bother with souls-like games because I don't get a sense of accomplishment after beating a super difficult fight that took me twenty tries to win; I just end up extremely frustrated). However, I do absolutely agree that the levels of wild Pokémon and trainers needs to be adjusted.

I also think that location progression could also use some work because there were times where it felt like I was backtracking too far to get to the next area, some of which was definitely my fault. The map is HUGE, and not having the routes and city locations indicated on the town map caused me to occasionally not realize where I had to go to get from one spot to another and I ended up slightly lost. The two biggest issues I had with this were the sea routes (which, btw, I feel like the sign that says something like "If you don't have 12 badges, you missed one in the ocean" is misleading because by the time I got to that sign, I had something super close to that number and I was missing ALL of the ocean badges) and the place that's up along the top of the map that you're advised to go to before the Sand Trap. It took a lot of time to figure out where I had to go to get into that area.

Related to the above, I started out playing this on Joiplay on Android, and it was perfectly fine. Until I got the whatever it was to be able to fly. I could not make that work on Joiplay at all, and was a little frustrated by that. I think it's because the Joiplay app couldn't properly "read" the map so clicking on cities didn't work. I didn't try to get it to work on PC because of that frustration and ended up popping the game into RPG Maker and just using Debug mode to warp me wherever I needed to get to. Again, that's on me because flying probably works just fine on PC without going into Debug, but all those frustrations built up and I just went with what I knew would work for sure lol. All that said, I do actually like the town map. It's really cool looking!

If anything, I think you should probably look into ways to restrict movement between areas so that people don't end up missing out on badges if they're going that route. As you said, nothing says players HAVE to get all, or any, of the badges, but not having location progression restricted for those trying to get all the badges does contribute to that issue with backtracking that I mentioned before. Even just having it say "gym" when you hover over applicable cities might help?

Related to what Zinkatron and I have both said, while the game IS fun, and really nice to look at, the game does suffer from what friends and I have described other media as "wide as the ocean, but shallow as a pond". It's big, it's pretty, the QoL stuff is great, and the variety of mons is great. However, I didn't feel any real emotional connection with the story of the game. I heavily agree with the info in Zinkatron's spoiler (I'd make my own, but I'm on mobile and don't know how to do it lol). The connection isn't there, and the various recurring characters basically just put us down over and over again. I don't know about anyone else, but I just can't connect to characters that only really say "You suck because of that other character" and give me nothing else to work with. It's hard to be sympathetic or empathetic to characters who are, unfortunately, not doing much more than bullying us for something that's completely out of our control. Normally I don't mind silent protagonists, but I think the story that's being told here could truly benefit from NOT having one. Even if it's nothing more than the character saying or thinking "Yeah, I know this situation sucks for you, and I hate it/but I don't care." Because we don't know how the MC feels about the situation and the person causing it, the things said by the last NPC really just...fell flat. Does MC know that person's feelings? Does MC know and care that things are this bad? Does MC even care that the last NPC pretty much just called them a piece of trash that should have been thrown away? All in all, the story has a ton of potential to work with, but every event in this game feels like it's happening TO the MC, not WITH the MC. I think a good way to describe what I mean is the story is like a soccer/futbol game. The MC of the story should be the team, or the star player of the team that always scores the winning goal or comes up with the best plays or whatever (I'm not a sports person, but bear with me lol). Instead, in this game the MC is the ball being kicked around by all of the recurring and important NPCs of the game. I mean, MC is competing to be the ruler of the region, but we don't even know if they want to be the ruler or if they're just doing it because they're expected to or what kind of ruler they want to be, you know?

Also, I hate the father's lame statement at the end. Him saying that he turned into a tyrant of a ruler because he couldn't cope with being the strongest and not having any real challenges is such a cop out that I can't tell if he's just a narcissistic douchebag or if he's straight up lying through his teeth about why he became that kind of ruler. Now personally, I'd find the latter much more interesting and it would open up your post-game to figuring out WHY the father was lying (blackmail, coercion, upcoming invasion, etc.). Because I had no emotional connection to MC's upbringing and family life, the father being a narcissistic douche is entirely unsatisfying. I will say though, nice touch with that gym leader who pretends to be MC's mother because THAT definitely caught my attention. I want to know more about MC's mother now. Where is she? Who is she? Why isn't she present in MC's life? That could also be an idea for post-game, trying to find out who and where MC's mother is. Naturally, we'd need to know if MC even cares to find out though lol.

Overall, this was definitely a very solid game. It's worth playing, and I can't wait to see how it develops over time! There's so much potential and lore to work with that it could absolutely be one of the best fangames I've played (and considering I have something like 50 to 60 fangames that I've played, many of which I've finished entirely, that's saying something I think).

ETA: Figured out spoiler tags on the PC lol. Also added in some clarification and extra info here and there.
I really appreciate this review! It gives me a good amount to think about for the future of the game. I have been trying to think of stuff for explaining why they hate the Pharaoh. Been writing stuff down and when I get back from vacation, I will more than likely be working on some post game stuff and other little things along the way to help build a story for you, not just the region. I can tell you really thought through the review and I truly appreciate that! I will be reading this a few times, as well as the other reviews and make some adjustments. That will take some time because I don’t usually rush things. I agree, wide as the ocean, shallow as a pond. I built a huge map and now I need to fill certain parts. There are dead buildings along the way, so I’ll be able to figure something out.

SamanthaMatoiStein

Novice
I have found an error. I am unable to get an egg from the daycare. I have tried 2 separate times, and they both gave me a script error. If it helps, it was Ditto and a male Fafretch'd. Hoped to breed so I didn't have to spend hours looking for more, but I couldn't.

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
I have found an error. I am unable to get an egg from the daycare. I have tried 2 separate times, and they both gave me a script error. If it helps, it was Ditto and a male Fafretch'd. Hoped to breed so I didn't have to spend hours looking for more, but I couldn't.
I will look into this. It was working fine for weeks. Are you playing the normal or hard version?

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
The normal version
I am sorry but I have tried to replicate this a few times and I haven't been able to make it crash while breeding. How long ago did you download the game? If it was an earlier version, then that was definitely an issue but it hasn't been for at least 3 weeks now. I would try to reinstall and see if you had an older version. Does your current version have the updated speed, where you run faster, and the extra save files?

Back