• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Pharaohs (FULL GAME)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Welcome to the Urseca region
You start your journey as the child of The Pharaoh about to begin your Challenge to see if you have what it takes to lead the region. Every 40 years, the region holds a competition where they send out one youth from every town out to conquer the Gyms. The ones who defeat all 17 will be allowed to enter The Pyramid and face off against one another for a chance to face The Pharaoh and if they win, they will become the new unquestioned ruler for the next 40 years. Do you have what it takes to climb the Pyramid?
  • FULLY COMPLETED (unless you guys find some bug I didn't)
  • Gens 1-5 Pokémon
  • All Pokemon available to catch outside of events
  • Modern Moves
  • Legendaries are breedable but Arceus acts as a Ditto
  • Pokemon who evolve through trade and other non natural ways have level or stone evolutions
  • Some uneventful Pokemon have new evolutions into older Legendaries, ex: Dunsparce evolves into Azelf, Uxie or Mesprit with the right evo stone
  • Champion's team has Lvl 95-100 Pokemon
  • 17 Gyms
  • After 6th Gym, the rest can be done in any order
  • 50-60 hours of gameplay
  • No Mega, No Z moves, No Dyna/GigantoMax or terrastialization.
  • All routes have unique Pokemon for nuzlocke and replayability
  • IV/EV Screen in Summary
  • HM Skills, so your Pokemon don't need to know cut, as long as the can learn it.
  • Shiny rate ~1/100
  • Pokerus rate ~1/500
  • MULTIPLE Save Files
  • Full of Pop Culture references from the 2000s-10s
  • Filled with Pokemon Puns
  • Took 3 years to build (on and off)
  • Game was made by 1 person (me) with Pokemon Essentials and the help of their forums, Relic castle forums (R.I.P.) and the help of Thundaga videos
  • Limited swearing, only in places where the story deserved it
  • Normal mode, game as intended
  • Hard mode, double battles for key battles, such as Gym Leaders, other NPC Challengers (Rivals) and The Pharaohs
  • NO hidden items unless a tree or building is hiding the Pokeball icon. You don't need to run around clicking A everywhere.
This game started being built to kill time during Covid lockdowns but eventually became something I loved to do and craved to finish. I hope you all enjoy everyone!

KNOWN ISSUES:
1. Talk to the Nurse Joy after getting your starter to set your faint location. Just realized the issue but I am waiting to see what else people find before I fix.

View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pbhtt2e9-MeSfGjzXcgIYllu7wNn9WLH/view?usp=drive_link
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13NZi984cl-5w3hUNxCeq3wSN8K8JTuYp/view?usp=drive_link
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EMI4bBF68TsH3noqEv9x_zA80ytPfjeS/view?usp=drive_link
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z35WbIpH0Ef97YKJ9FymfpjXWfjZ-GvC/view?usp=drive_link
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QqdXbVUeJKppdXtIqTaVdA0T0nBCuelL/view?usp=drive_link

Normal Mode:
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bfSxFy9ho4KAv_X308syfDHM8dttcvJj/view?usp=drive_link

Hard Mode:
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kjc9txt_7USO7sV5aY3L3-hSzPztUBEJ/view?usp=drive_link

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Inspired by work by Flameguru

mkxp-z by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

IV/EV Summary Screen on page 3
LinKazamine

SUPERCAPSULES
AIURJordan and 4ALLNIGHTGRINDER64

HM Skills
Lucidious89

Multiple save files plugin
HTTP404ERROR

Last edited:

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
oof, I didn't save before picking up a Farfetch'd egg and lost a few shinies as a result (despite reading the warning!). Don't be like me, save before you start breeding!
The DAYCARE should be fixed.

EDIT: I also went into the encounters and raised majority of them, up until the Ocean. This should help smooth out scaling for nuzlocke and overall QoL for grinding.

EDIT2: I have also now upped the movement speed. You are dramatically faster.

EDIT3: There was a Hiker in the "Savannah Anabranch" that was neglected to be given Pokemon. This has been fixed and he won't crash you anymore.

EDIT4: Thanks to LinKazamine's plugin and graphics screen, there is now a different page 3 in summary that holds all IV/EVs. THANK YOU LinKazamine!

EDIT5: Game should no longer crash when checking Pokemon's location in the Pokedex. Not all will show up as intended but for now, it shouldn't crash and MOST Pokemon should show up in their location. Save before trying this for the first few times.

Last edited:

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Last thing I noticed and forgot to respond to. There will be an NPC in his own home that lets you buy Heart Scales and also a room that has 3 NPCs that will have all TMs in the game, available to buy. Hope this helps!

Hey there, when/where do you get access to this? I just got
Mew
, and would like to start thinking thru what TMs to give it.

Just noticed that you were able to enable an EV/IV plugin, will re-download tomorrow. Thanks for that, and for the responses!

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
Rakoterin Quarrey (Rock Town)
Yogrek Island (Water Town)
So apparently I never added the heart scale person like I wanted to. You just passed her 😉

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Rakoterin Quarrey (Rock Town)
Yogrek Island (Water Town)
So apparently I never added the heart scale person like I wanted to. You just passed her 😉
Cool I will take a look, thanks! Any way to change natures or abilities? Sorry for all the questions!

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
ugh another question, haha...sorry! What is the hidden ability chance for mons in the wild, if they can indeed have their HA? Wanted to know before I went trying to get a Blaziken with Speed Boost. TIA!

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
I also got this issues
Try do fixed I am playing on Android phone
The game won't open again? Were you trying to use the Normal or Hard file?
Are you saying you are trying to play it on an Android? I have never tried that, so I have no clue if you can.
EDIT: I just downloaded and unzip both copies. Neither showed an augment error when opening up the game. Depending on when you downloaded it, there have been a bunch of small changes. I would redownload and try again. If the problem persists, let me know and I will try my absolute best to replicate and fix the issue.

Last edited:

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
ugh another question, haha...sorry! What is the hidden ability chance for mons in the wild, if they can indeed have their HA? Wanted to know before I went trying to get a Blaziken with Speed Boost. TIA!
I will look into this. I am not sure where in the files it tells me but I will try to figure it out!
No current items or NPCs to change nature or abilities. I will look into this too.

Keep the ideas coming! Thank you for helping make my game better!

Misted-jay

Rookie
The game won't open again? Were you trying to use the Normal or Hard file?
Are you saying you are trying to play it on an Android? I have never tried that, so I have no clue if you can.
EDIT: I just downloaded and unzip both copies. Neither showed an augment error when opening up the game. Depending on when you downloaded it, there have been a bunch of small changes. I would redownload and try again. If the problem persists, let me know and I will try my absolute best to replicate and fix the issue.
I can confirm that the Normal game plays on Android via Joiplay's second most recent Patreon release (there was a new version released two days ago that I haven't downloaded yet so Idk if it works on the newest version of Joiplay). When I posted earlier about an argument error, it was the same error on both PC and Android, but since the update you linked immediately following that I haven't had any issues.

Unrelated to that, I have a somewhat odd question. How important is it that we talk to the random NPCs in towns? I ask because the leader and trainers of the third or fourth gym seemed to suddenly start talking about background information that I assume the MC knows but the player doesn't and it just kind of seems to come out of left field? What I mean is that the info given by the leader and gym trainers seemed to be incongruent with the region's environment up to that point, I guess? Obviously I don't expect to have like...a massive lore dump in the beginning because that could possibly turn people away, but it feels like up to that point public opinion on the current state of affairs in the region leans in one direction then suddenly does a complete 180 during and after that gym and seems to continue to be that way for every gym leader and gym trainer that I've encountered after that. Did I miss an NPC (or multiple) that I should have talked to in order to not get so surprised by the sudden shift?

The reason I'm asking about random town NPCs is because so many official games and fangames have the majority of NPCs say little to nothing relating to the plot (for example, the "Omg technology is amazing" person) that I tend to ignore random NPCs that I'm not forced to interact with. There are only so many times I can read a character talking about how cute X Pokémon is before I want to tear my hair out haha.

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
I can confirm that the Normal game plays on Android via Joiplay's second most recent Patreon release (there was a new version released two days ago that I haven't downloaded yet so Idk if it works on the newest version of Joiplay). When I posted earlier about an argument error, it was the same error on both PC and Android, but since the update you linked immediately following that I haven't had any issues.

Unrelated to that, I have a somewhat odd question. How important is it that we talk to the random NPCs in towns? I ask because the leader and trainers of the third or fourth gym seemed to suddenly start talking about background information that I assume the MC knows but the player doesn't and it just kind of seems to come out of left field? What I mean is that the info given by the leader and gym trainers seemed to be incongruent with the region's environment up to that point, I guess? Obviously I don't expect to have like...a massive lore dump in the beginning because that could possibly turn people away, but it feels like up to that point public opinion on the current state of affairs in the region leans in one direction then suddenly does a complete 180 during and after that gym and seems to continue to be that way for every gym leader and gym trainer that I've encountered after that. Did I miss an NPC (or multiple) that I should have talked to in order to not get so surprised by the sudden shift?

The reason I'm asking about random town NPCs is because so many official games and fangames have the majority of NPCs say little to nothing relating to the plot (for example, the "Omg technology is amazing" person) that I tend to ignore random NPCs that I'm not forced to interact with. There are only so many times I can read a character talking about how cute X Pokémon is before I want to tear my hair out haha.
Okay, so when the NPCs have something in Red coloring, like they name a place or a person, that is almost always just highlighting a pronoun so people know they are talking about a specific person or place. That’s so if people want to not read and just get a quick highlight, they can pay attention to the red.

The NPCs won’t start quests or really be more than anything than lore, world building, a joke or just something that was going through my head while building the game. Like if the NPC gets super meta, that’s just me being me when making them speak.

Some NPCs do a little bit of foreshadowing. A lot of them are trainers that don’t engage battle unless you talk to them.

They are just there to add to the game. That’s why most items are besides trainers on the ground and you don’t have to actually speak to them, if you don’t want to.

I will also say, I built this game from start to finish and it evolved over the course of the game as I became more familiar with the software. There were also 3 places where I hit a creative brick wall and had to stop and come back to the game. So there may be a tone shift at those moments.

I hope this answered and if you want me to be more specific or have any other NPCs, please feel free to ask!

Misted-jay

Rookie
Okay, so when the NPCs have something in Red coloring, like they name a place or a person, that is almost always just highlighting a pronoun so people know they are talking about a specific person or place. That’s so if people want to not read and just get a quick highlight, they can pay attention to the red.

The NPCs won’t start quests or really be more than anything than lore, world building, a joke or just something that was going through my head while building the game. Like if the NPC gets super meta, that’s just me being me when making them speak.

Some NPCs do a little bit of foreshadowing. A lot of them are trainers that don’t engage battle unless you talk to them.

They are just there to add to the game. That’s why most items are besides trainers on the ground and you don’t have to actually speak to them, if you don’t want to.

I will also say, I built this game from start to finish and it evolved over the course of the game as I became more familiar with the software. There were also 3 places where I hit a creative brick wall and had to stop and come back to the game. So there may be a tone shift at those moments.

I hope this answered and if you want me to be more specific or have any other NPCs, please feel free to ask!
This will probably sound corny, but it really is a case of "it's not you, it's me" haha. I don't mind reading things, and I do enjoy lore and world building stuff. I've just gotten burned out on going from random NPC to random NPC and getting things ranging from nothing but "I love X Pokémon" to "the sunshine feels nice" to "I just moved here last week," etc. Not saying that you've filled your game with things like that, just that soooo many games and fangames and romhacks have done that over the years that I kind of just stopped talking to non-mandatory NPCs. I'll go back and chat with NPCs in previous towns and will keep it in mind to talk to people in places going forward. I also want to clarify that I don't believe every NPC should have important text either. Even if there's only like...one NPC in each town that isn't important in some way, it would still be worth it to me to talk to a bunch of people in the town.

I feel like I'm rambling at this point haha. Tl;Dr, I'll make sure to let go of my frustrations with NPCs from other games and actually talk to the ones I come across. Though if you wanted to do some sort of like lore/world building outside of NPCs, I would suggest something like newspapers in the Pokecenters that have headlines and/or short blurbs that reveal more/new information as you get farther in the game's story? Maybe like in the second Pokecenter a headline that says "Region's economy improves/degrades/stagnates/unchanged because of X event" or "Pharoah's approval hits record high/low because of X policy" to hint that more may be happening that the player isn't quite aware of just yet? Maybe not in every center, but every second or third center following the previous. Idk. Just an idea! Please feel free to ignore my continued ramblings because I can't shut up haha

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
This will probably sound corny, but it really is a case of "it's not you, it's me" haha. I don't mind reading things, and I do enjoy lore and world building stuff. I've just gotten burned out on going from random NPC to random NPC and getting things ranging from nothing but "I love X Pokémon" to "the sunshine feels nice" to "I just moved here last week," etc. Not saying that you've filled your game with things like that, just that soooo many games and fangames and romhacks have done that over the years that I kind of just stopped talking to non-mandatory NPCs. I'll go back and chat with NPCs in previous towns and will keep it in mind to talk to people in places going forward. I also want to clarify that I don't believe every NPC should have important text either. Even if there's only like...one NPC in each town that isn't important in some way, it would still be worth it to me to talk to a bunch of people in the town.

I feel like I'm rambling at this point haha. Tl;Dr, I'll make sure to let go of my frustrations with NPCs from other games and actually talk to the ones I come across. Though if you wanted to do some sort of like lore/world building outside of NPCs, I would suggest something like newspapers in the Pokecenters that have headlines and/or short blurbs that reveal more/new information as you get farther in the game's story? Maybe like in the second Pokecenter a headline that says "Region's economy improves/degrades/stagnates/unchanged because of X event" or "Pharoah's approval hits record high/low because of X policy" to hint that more may be happening that the player isn't quite aware of just yet? Maybe not in every center, but every second or third center following the previous. Idk. Just an idea! Please feel free to ignore my continued ramblings because I can't shut up haha
I will definitely admit most of their chats are just a slightly enhanced version of what most games do. It also seems to go in waves from useless chatter to world building. You could totally skip most NPCs and you won’t miss much. They are just there to add to the world.

Side note, there are places like “The Defense Against Dark Arts” Library and the Caretaker’s house, just some examples, definitely not all, that have libraries and logs just sitting there, not connected to an actual person. Not everything interacts but a decent amount does. I do like your tabloid idea.

Certain NPCs will have information like secret evolutions but those are few and far between

Kelvin8331

Rookie
This version is perfect but I cannot playing on Android using rpgxp to play got issues try solved

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
Uploading a new version.
This will have a character that sells SUPERCAPSULES, that can change any pokemon's Abilities for 5000. Thank you AIURJordan and 4ALLNIGHTGRINDER64
There is also a character that sells all MINTS for Nature changes for 500 a piece, 200 for Serious.
Lastly, I added the ability for MULTIPLE save files. I think the number is 8. Thank you HTTP404ERROR

Grigesgia, Fat Guy on a couch with a beer next to him, watching TV.

UNDA DA TREE, child in the bottom right of map.

Last edited:

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Uploading a new version.
This will have a character that sells SUPERCAPSULES, that can change any pokemon's Abilities for 5000. Thank you AIURJordan and 4ALLNIGHTGRINDER64
There is also a character that sells all MINTS for Nature changes for 500 a piece, 200 for Serious.
Lastly, I added the ability for MULTIPLE save files. I think the number is 8. Thank you HTTP404ERROR

Grigesgia, Fat Guy on a couch with a beer next to him, watching TV.

UNDA DA TREE, child in the bottom right of map.
AWESOME! I can now fix my Shiny Kyurem White, thank you!!!

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
Okay so there have been a ton of improvements lately, now I want to ask you guys. Besides HM items, which I will continue looking for, and the two known issues, are there any other QoL improvements? I’ll be leaving for vacation Friday night, so I’m trying to knock out all I can before I mostly go dark for a week. Hope you all have been enjoying my passion project! Have a great day everyone!

Zinkatron

Cooltrainer
Here are things that you could consider, but at this point you have added a lot and mostly addressed the major QoL so definitely thank you for that!

1) Bottle Caps/IV stones for improving IVs

2) DexNav/Encounters menu so that you can see what is on every route without having to look at the PBS folder

3) More TMs. Feel free to say no to this since I believe your intention was to keep the Gen 5 style, but was hoping for stuff like Stored Power, Body Press, Cosmic Power, etc.

4) Some competitive items are missing I think? Like I don't think I saw Life Orbs for sale anywhere?

For me, HM items as you mentioned is by far the best QoL item missing right now. Everything else I just mentioned in this post are just picky and don't majorly impact the game at all

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
If I ever implement a live battle system for online battling, I will definitely add in the caps. Currently I think the game would be made too easy if you could auto max the perfect IVs or EVs.

DexNav, do you mean the searching for Pokemon in the dex or something else?

Tms is something I can work on for sure. I won’t make all modes TMs but I can probably do something with that.

I will do a run through on Essentials and see if I missed the Life Orb. I thought I got all the items but it’s totally possible I missed a few.

I think I finally found a script for the HM items. I will be implementing and testing after work to see if they work for the game.

Thank you for the feedback!

Pharaoh_Xigo

Novice
Here are things that you could consider, but at this point you have added a lot and mostly addressed the major QoL so definitely thank you for that!

1) Bottle Caps/IV stones for improving IVs

2) DexNav/Encounters menu so that you can see what is on every route without having to look at the PBS folder

3) More TMs. Feel free to say no to this since I believe your intention was to keep the Gen 5 style, but was hoping for stuff like Stored Power, Body Press, Cosmic Power, etc.

4) Some competitive items are missing I think? Like I don't think I saw Life Orbs for sale anywhere?

For me, HM items as you mentioned is by far the best QoL item missing right now. Everything else I just mentioned in this post are just picky and don't majorly impact the game at all
Check Gizmos and Gadgets A Plenty in Nordugo Plateau. He may be selling the Life Orb there. I know a lot of held battle items are sold there. I will check when I get home!

EDIT: He did not have it but he will soon!

Last edited:
Back