• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon Terrarium

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
Pokémon Terrarium
Made using RPG Maker XP and Essentials v21.1
By StarWolff and Dada

Made for Insert Name Jam 2024

pictures.png

In this jam game YOU are the Professor! Your mission is to create new exclusive Pokémon for the next trainer generation, Explore the Terrarium and collect Cores to achieve your scientific task.

Unique Features:
Pokémon creation System
Shifted roles (trainer and professor)
Custom tiles and Battlebacks
12 new starters!

DLC was discontinued due to my loss of passion for developing pokémon content, really sorry, I was exited w it too

Game Link
(Mega)

Team:
StarWolff
Dada

Engine:
RPG Maker MV:
Kadokawa Games
Degica

Kit:
Pokémon Essentials:
Created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
Golisopod User
Rataime
help-14
Savordez
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.

And everyone else who helped out
"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

Resources:

v21.1 Hotfixes
Maruno

ENLS’s Pre-Looped Music Library
ENLS
Thundaga
KrakerwatYT
Sulucnal
FrivolousAqua

Enhanced Pokemon UI
Modular UI Scenes
Improved Field Skills
Lucidious89

Voltseon's Pause Menu
Voltseon
Golisopod User
ENLS

BOTW-Like Item Gathering
Kyu

Pokemon Form Changer
Dr.Doom76

Generation 8 Pack
Battler Sprites:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites - veekun
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Sprites - All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
Overworld Sprites
Gen 6+ Berry Tree Overworlds - Anarlaurendil
Gen 6 Pokemon Overworlds - princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Pokemon Overworlds - Larry Turbo, princess-pheonix
Gen 8 Pokemon Overworlds - SageDeoxys, Wolfang62, LarryTurbo, tammyclaydon
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds - MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer, LarryTurbo
Icon Sprites
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Alaguesia, harveydentmd
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites - Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites - Larry Turbo, Leparagon
Shiny Icon Sprites - StarrWolf, Pokemon Shattered Light Team
Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries - Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries - Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries - Zeak6464
Script Credits:
Golisopod User, Luka S.J.
Compilation of Resources:
Golisopod User, UberDunsparce

Generation 9 Resource Pack
Script Gen 9 and Adapting PLA:
-Caruban
-Lucidious89
-Eskiss (Legend Plate script based on)
PBS for Gen 9:
-Caruban
-Lucidious89
-PorousMist (Updated the abilities, items, and moves description)
-DJChaos (TM Items)
-Futuresushi (Shortened abilities and moves description)
Pokemon Gen 9 Battler Sprites:
KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Caruban, jinxed, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Azria, Mashirosakura,
JordanosArt, Abnayami, OldSoulja, Katten, Divaruta 666, Clara, Skyflyer, AshnixsLaw, ace_stryfe
Pokemon Gen 9 icons:
ezerart, JordanosArt
Pokemon Gen 9 Followers:
Azria, DarkusShadow, EduarPokeN, Carmanekko, StarWolff, Caruban
Pokemon PLA and Gen 9 Footprints :
Caruban
Pokemon Gen 9 Cries:
Edited from Lightblade Absol's Gen 9 Cries compilation video
Edited from HeroLinik's Pokemon Scarlet and Violet - Walking Wake and Iron Leaves Cries video
Edited from HeroLinik's Pokemon Scarlet and Violet - All Teal Mask Cries video
Gen 9 item icons:
-lichenprincess (Tera Orb, Bamboos, Tera Shards, Mirror Herb, Loaded Dice, Leader Crest, and Kubfu Scrolls, Booster Energy, Gimmighoul coin, TM Material, Kofu's Wallet, Sandwich, Herba Mysticas)
-Caruban (Punching Glove, Auspicious Armor, Malicious Armor, Ability Shield, Clear Amulet, Covert Cloak, Scarlet&Violet Book, Mochis, Teacups, Ogerpon Masks)
-jinxed (Syrupy Apple and Fairy Feather)
Original Pokémon: Legends Arceus Expansion Script :
-StCooler (Original script for Gen 8 Project in v18 and Status sprites)
-PorousMist and curryofthepast (Adapting the script for v19.1 use)
PLA item icons :
AztecCroc, 3DJackArt, Caruban, lichenprincess
Pokemon cries ripped:
-Morningdew
Pokeballs battle animation and summary icon:
-Caruban
-WolfPP (Beast ball battle animation)
PLA Pokémon icons:
LuigiTKO
PLA Followers:
Boonzeet, DarkusShadow, princess-phoenix, Ezeart, WolfPP
PLA Sprites from Smogon Gen8 Sprite Project :
Blaquaza, KingOfThe-X-Roads, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite, and SelenaArmorclaw
Vanilla Style Version
Pokémon sprites:
KingOfThe-X-Roads, Mak, Caruban, jinxed, leParagon, Sopita_Yorita, Azria, Mashirosakura, JordanosArt, Scept, NanaelJustice, SoyChim, KRLW890, AnonAlpaca, PokeJminer, Red7246, Carmanekko, Eduar, Lykeron, GriloKapu10, Mesayas, Erkey830, QDylm, PorousMist, OldSoulja, AlexandreV2.0, Z-nogyroP, lennybitao, Ruben1986, GRAFAIAIMX
Blaquaza, KattenK, Travis, G.E.Z., SpheX, Hematite
Gen 9 Icons:
Vent, Katten, leParagon, Cesare_CBass, AlexandreV2.0, Carmanekko, GRAFAIAIMX
also thanks to Axel Loquendo, CarmaNekko, Divaruta 666, Okyo, JLauz735, and ClaraDragon for Iconos 9na Gen gba completos
PLA Icons:
LuigiTKO, Pikafan2000, Cesare_CBass, Vent, Cesare_Cbass, MultiDiegoDani, leParagon, JWNutz
and thanks for Pokémon Icons Act 2.9 - Teracristalizando

Professor Juniper OW:
aveontrainer
Starsparkless

Ekat's Public Gen 3 Tilesets
Ekat
Heartless Dragoon
Morlockhater
Nemu
Ross Hawkins
Pokemon Dawn
Slimshady
Thedeadheroalistar
The-Red-Ex
Vurtax
Zein
Redblueyellow
Fabnt
War8
Dragoon
Silverdeoxys563
SteamyJ
Anonalpaca
Pokémon Rejuvenation
Puggsoy
Aveontrainer
Idillio
Dasani
Shyin
Phyromatical

Last edited:

Glacora

Novice
So far, I think this game is really neat! I am loving the designs of the starters I am making. I hope I get to see them in a future project, because they are just delightful. However, at the moment, I am a little stuck. I need both cut and rock smash to get two orbs I need, but I have neither. I have searched everywhere, but I can't find out what to do.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
So far, I think this game is really neat! I am loving the designs of the starters I am making. I hope I get to see them in a future project, because they are just delightful. However, at the moment, I am a little stuck. I need both cut and rock smash to get two orbs I need, but I have neither. I have searched everywhere, but I can't find out what to do.
Weird you should have acess to them trough Porygon, I'll check it and will update soon, thanks!

Last edited:

Glacora

Novice
I did check porygon, as I saw it had a skills option. Sadly, it only had fly. I evolved it hoping that would unlock more, but now the skills option is gone.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
I did check porygon, as I saw it had a skills option. Sadly, it only had fly. I evolved it hoping that would unlock more, but now the skills option is gone.
yes I forgot to add the HMs to the evolutions, but I also didn't knew the player need to get actual badges for it to work, I'll post a update in a sec

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
the link is updated! since you already created one roll of starters (this is what unlocks the badges) you can either give yourself a badge through debug or start a new game!

Glacora

Novice
Many thanks! Sadly, the link doesn't appear to be working. It says it's no longer available.

setokaiba

Rookie
i am kind of confused and stuck i have fire grass and water orbs but no hms porygon is lvl 28 what should i do

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
i am kind of confused and stuck i have fire grass and water orbs but no hms porygon is lvl 28 what should i do
do you hhave the most recent version installed? Porygon is able to cut trees and rock smash wen you interact with the events after you make the first roll of starters (in the version after feb 10, that is, not in older versions)

Sulucnal

Novice
Hi. It was a really fun game with a really interesting concept. I can't wait to play the DLC and I wish good luck to everyone on the team.

I'd like to report some bugs and typos. Please note that I'm not a native english speaker, so I could be wrong and I probably missed some things here and there.

Bug: The text introducing the water type starter made from the winter core is displayed twice.
Bug:There is a ledge behind the two blue flower pots in the autumn area's resting spot. I don't know if it's only here or if it affects every single blue flower pot in the game though.

Typo: In the introduction, Rose says "resposible" instead of "responsible".
Introduction resposible.png

Typo: The NPC looking at the bookshelf on the left in the resting spot of the spring area says "interessing" instead of "interesting".
Spring area.png

Grammar: In the winter area, on the way to the winter core, shouldn't there be a verb in the hiker's sentence between "How" and "They"?
Winter area 2.png

I think that it'd be nice to make a popup appear when Porygon unlocks a skill.

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
Hi. It was a really fun game with a really interesting concept. I can't wait to play the DLC and I wish good luck to everyone on the team.

I'd like to report some bugs and typos. Please note that I'm not a native english speaker, so I could be wrong and I probably missed some things here and there.

Bug: The text introducing the water type starter made from the winter core is displayed twice.
Bug:There is a ledge behind the two blue flower pots in the autumn area's resting spot. I don't know if it's only here or if it affects every single blue flower pot in the game though.

Typo: In the introduction, Rose says "resposible" instead of "responsible".
View attachment 26160
Typo: The NPC looking at the bookshelf on the left in the resting spot of the spring area says "interessing" instead of "interesting".
View attachment 26159
Grammar: In the winter area, on the way to the winter core, shouldn't there be a verb in the hiker's sentence between "How" and "They"?
View attachment 26161

I think that it'd be nice to make a popup appear when Porygon unlocks a skill.

Thank you for your feedback! I'll correct all this errors and yes I agree on the porygon message and I am implementing this in the game already ^^
Reminder for myself: take out thief, fly and multi attack

Last edited:

StarWolff

Cooltrainer
do you hhave the most recent version installed? Porygon is able to cut trees and rock smash wen you interact with the events after you make the first roll of starters (in the version after feb 10, that is, not in older versions)
Awnsered here, plus the spring core is the first you get a little after the spring lodge, then you can get the autumn with rock smash and summer with surf

setokaiba

Rookie
yes i do i havent made the starters yet i am kinda stuck on how to do it

Back