• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource The Gen 9 Move Animation Project 2024-08-09

ryuzan

Rookie
Hey! Love your project, but I want to stick with the original mega evolution animation from DBK. How to delete the one you put in the project? Thanks in advance!

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
Hey! Love your project, but I want to stick with the original mega evolution animation from DBK. How to delete the one you put in the project? Thanks in advance!
Open the animation editor in debug mode, choose the animations, and then delete.

JogatinandoC

Cooltrainer
Here to report the same issue, same moves.

image.png
Yeah, this is the same bug, also, want add that Retaliate also give me that error. But in this case, when I used it.

Bguy7

Pokémon Sol Version Creator
First off, I wanted to thank you immensely for this resource. I was working my way through making animations for every move myself, but they were nowhere near this quality, and I was nowhere near done. So, this saved me a lot of time and work, while also making my project look better.

Hi! I'm having some issues when some oponents use some moves. The moves are Water Pulse, Disable, Mega Drain and Muddy Water (maybe Surf too). The bug usually occurs when opponent is using the move. An error prompt appears, then the animation plays (with old updates, it was even buggier), but, after that, all sprites goes up in screen until. (sorry for my bad english)

[2024-08-22 20:46:42 -0300]
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
BattleAnimationPlayer:509:in `-'
BattleAnimationPlayer:509:in `block in playTiming'
BattleAnimationPlayer:475:in `each'
BattleAnimationPlayer:475:in `playTiming'
BattleAnimationPlayer:842:in `update'
Scene_PlayAnimations:548:in `block in pbAnimationCore'
Scene_PlayAnimations:547:in `loop'
Scene_PlayAnimations:547:in `pbAnimationCore'
Scene_PlayAnimations:501:in `block in pbAnimation'
Scene_PlayAnimations:399:in `pbSaveShadows'

I wanted to throw in that I've gotten this error with at least two different moves, one of which being the opponent using Meteor Beam (the actual attack, not the charging). I don't remember what the other was, as I wasn't paying to much attention at the time. The game doesn't crash, it just restarts the opponent using the move from the beginning (which in the case of Meteor Beam means its starts the charging over). When it's ready to use the move again, the animation works just fine.

Willix

Novice
Yeah, this is the same bug, also, want add that Retaliate also give me that error. But in this case, when I used it.
I also have crashes when the opponent uses some moves, for me (I hgaven't tested the rest) mainly happen with Mega Drain and Seismic Toss. It is also a different message error and crashes only sometimes, apparently random, whic is even weirder. It happens when playing on android via joiplay, altough I can't remember if it happens also on PC (if so, is much less likely)

Edit: Checked that I also have the same error with water pulse, as someone else said.
vm6zZ3G.jpeg

Last edited:

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
I also have crashes when the opponent uses some moves, for me (I hgaven't tested the rest) mainly happen with Mega Drain and Seismic Toss. It is also a different message error and crashes only sometimes, apparently random, whic is even weirder. It happens when playing on android via joiplay, altough I can't remember if it happens also on PC (if so, is much less likely)

Edit: Checked that I also have the same error with water pulse, as someone else said.
vm6zZ3G.jpeg
Yeah...I've same error...
But in mega drain move

PowermonTrainerLeafhead

Novice
Hi! Thanks for making these move animations! I have a question, so when I followed the instructions to install this into my game, I noticed that the wrong animations play for several moves. I checked the animations folder and saw your animations (the correct ones) in there, which was strange--why weren't the correct animations playing for several moves? I tried to check in the animation editor and the correct animations play there, which made things even more confusing. I tried importing the animations from the animation editor into the animations folder, but when I did that, then in actual battles now every animation was the wrong one. The only animations that are correct the whole time are in-battle weather effects. Do you know what may be happening?
For reference, I am additionally using all the DBK plugins--not sure if maybe there's an incompatibility caused by me using both?

RTCanwind

Tower Tycoon
Hi! Thanks for making these move animations! I have a question, so when I followed the instructions to install this into my game, I noticed that the wrong animations play for several moves. I checked the animations folder and saw your animations (the correct ones) in there, which was strange--why weren't the correct animations playing for several moves? I tried to check in the animation editor and the correct animations play there, which made things even more confusing. I tried importing the animations from the animation editor into the animations folder, but when I did that, then in actual battles now every animation was the wrong one. The only animations that are correct the whole time are in-battle weather effects. Do you know what may be happening?
For reference, I am additionally using all the DBK plugins--not sure if maybe there's an incompatibility caused by me using both?

try to recompile your game

PowermonTrainerLeafhead

Novice
try to recompile your game
Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately I had tried both recompiling the game and starting with a new save file, both resulted in the same issue. I was however able to recover my initial animations in-game (the ones I had prior to trying to add the Gen 9 Move Animation project) by deleting my PkmnAnimations.rxdata file and replacing it with the version I had prior to trying to add this plugin. However, this only reverts me back to the animations I had without using the Gen 9 Move Animation Project, meaning while it fixes the scrambled animations, it also means I don't have the new animations.

Takakuwa

Rookie
Techno Blast animation didn't have 4 types varations only the Normal one the wrong animations play when you use it on non Normal type

Back