• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Z-Power [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Z-Power [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v1.0.4

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 submitted a new resource:

Z-Power [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] - Fully implements Z-Move & Ultra Burst mechanics from Gen 7 into Essentials!

Z-Power for v21.1
Fully implements Z-Move & Ultra Burst mechanics from Gen 7 into Essentials!
DUfTb8w.gif
JSGpTBu.gif

Overview
This plugin adds Z-Moves introduced in Pokemon Sun & Moon to your game, as well as the Ultra Burst mechanic from Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. Both mechanics have been replicated here, along with all of the Z-Crystals for...

Read more about this resource...

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
Been looking forward to this!
Question, though; in the V20 version, I had a Z Move for Basculegion and another one for the female form. They both used the same Z Crystal to power up Wave Crash and Hydro Pump respectively. Reading the tutorial, I'm not sure it's possible to do this in this version. Should I just make two different Z Crystals for each form?

Rot8er_ConeX

Novice
Question, though; in the V20 version, I had a Z Move for Basculegion and another one for the female form. They both used the same Z Crystal to power up Wave Crash and Hydro Pump respectively. Reading the tutorial, I'm not sure it's possible to do this in this version. Should I just make two different Z Crystals for each form?
Yeah, I had something similar, giving Hisuian Decidueye a Z-Move that also used the Decidium Z.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
By the way for people using Bag Screen with interactable Party you need some Graphics to match.

Lucidious89

Champion
Each Z-Crystal can only be linked to a single move, so yes, you'd need different crystals for different moves. The previous iteration of the plugin was a bit more liberal with this, but limiting it to one move per crystal fits more in line with how it's supposed to work.

For example, Pikachu has access to two different exclusive Z-Moves: Catastropika and 10,000,00 Volt Thunderbolt. However, these are exclusive to specific forms of Pikachu, and thus require two different Z-Crystals. You cannot, for example, have one Z-Crystal pull double duty and have two different Z-Moves for two different forms. You need Pikanium Z for one Z-Move, and Pikashunium Z for the other.

Similarly, Alolan Raichu uses Aloraichium Z for its Z-Move. A theoretical exclusive Z-Move for base form Raichu would need its own crystal.

You can, however, do the opposite and have one Z-Crystal unlock the same Z-Move for multiple forms of the same species, or completely different species. Tapunium Z for example unlocks the same Z-Move for all of the Tapu's, and Lycanium Z unlocks the same Z-Move for all Lycanroc forms. But it can't unlock different Z-Moves for different species/forms.

Last edited:

RodMagalhaes

Novice
Hey, Lucidious89, thanks for another awesome plugin!
I'm loving this more streamlined approach on the plugins. It really helps people who want to use just one of the gimmicks and not the others, like my case. 🙂

I'd like to ask a question but it's ok if there's no easy way around it, as it's just a little detail.
Is there an easy way to move the Z-Crystal Pocket to pocket 6, replacing the Mail one, intead of creating pocket 9?

Again, thanks for the plugin, you absolutely rock 😄

Lucidious89

Champion
Hey, Lucidious89, thanks for another awesome plugin!
I'm loving this more streamlined approach on the plugins. It really helps people who want to use just one of the gimmicks and not the others, like my case. 🙂

I'd like to ask a question but it's ok if there's no easy way around it, as it's just a little detail.
Is there an easy way to move the Z-Crystal Pocket to pocket 6, replacing the Mail one, intead of creating pocket 9?

Again, thanks for the plugin, you absolutely rock 😄
Sure it's possible, but it requires a lot of tedious rejiggering of some scripts. Maybe I'll add a setting for this to let you manually assign the Z-Crystal pocket. Seems like a good idea.

Lucidious89

Champion
By the way for people using Bag Screen with interactable Party you need some Graphics to match.
I forgot that plugin existed. I guess I'll add that to the list of things to add in the next update.

Lucidious89

Champion
Yeah, I had something similar, giving Hisuian Decidueye a Z-Move that also used the Decidium Z.
Yeah, you need two different Z-Crystals to do that. Z-Crystals aren't supposed to be able to unlock more than one Z-Move. That was more of a loophole/quirk of the previous plugin, and not really an intended feature.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
I forgot that plugin existed. I guess I'll add that to the list of things to add in the next update.
I have made my own one but thanks anyways. By the way, remember to adjust the positions of icons in scripts, which may confuse amateurs.

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
Each Z-Crystal can only be linked to a single move, so yes, you'd need different crystals for different moves. The previous iteration of the plugin was a bit more liberal with this, but limiting it to one move per crystal fits more in line with how it's supposed to work.

For example, Pikachu has access to two different exclusive Z-Moves: Catastropika and 10,000,00 Volt Thunderbolt. However, these are exclusive to specific forms of Pikachu, and thus require two different Z-Crystals. You cannot, for example, have one Z-Crystal pull double duty and have two different Z-Moves for two different forms. You need Pikanium Z for one Z-Move, and Pikashunium Z for the other.

Similarly, Alolan Raichu uses Aloraichium Z for its Z-Move. A theoretical exclusive Z-Move for base form Raichu would need its own crystal.

You can, however, do the opposite and have one Z-Crystal unlock the same Z-Move for multiple forms of the same species, or completely different species. Tapunium Z for example unlocks the same Z-Move for all of the Tapu's, and Lycanium Z unlocks the same Z-Move for all Lycanroc forms. But it can't unlock different Z-Moves for different species/forms.
Fair enough. Making another Z Crystal is simple enough, thanks!

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
By the way for developer using foreign language (me included lol) and wanting to use non-English Z-Move Titles this may be helpful.
Edit: I have noticed that Chinese Z-Move Titles are on 52poke wiki but there are no backgrounds.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Z-Power [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v1.0.1 Update

• Fixed a major oversight that would ignore all damage calculation modifiers. Damage should now calculate normally.
  • Added new settings that allow you to manually assign the pocket used for Z-Crystals, and also rename it.
  • Made the Z-Crystal pocket inherently compatible with the Bag Screen with interactable Party plugin. Z-Crystals will now also display party members who can use them when viewed in this plugin UI.

Read the rest of this update entry...

hoohohht

Rookie
Hello!

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError

Backtrace:
GameData:103:in `get'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [005] Battle_Move.rb:55:in `zMove?'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [005] Battle_Move.rb:63:in `pbBaseType'
Move_UsageCalculations:15:in `pbCalcType'
Battler_UseMove:118:in `pbConfusionDamage'
Battler_UseMoveSuccessChecks:270:in `pbTryUseMove'
[Generation 9 Pack] [003] Weather and Status.rb:489:in `pbTryUseMove'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:448:in `pbTryUseMove'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [003] Battle_Misc.rb:212:in `pbTryUseMove'
Battler_UseMove:181:in `pbUseMove'

It shows this error everytime the Pokemon is going to hit themselves when confused. If it's not hitting itself, it won't show.
When it shows and I press ENTER, the game seems to roll "self-damage chance" immediately again and, if it rolls self-damage, it's shows the error again on the same Pokemon's turn. If it doesn't, it attacks normally and the game continues. Althout the roll is done on the same turn, the number of turns the Pokemon spends confused actually seem to count.

Ex:
Turn 1: Pokemon gets confused and tries to attack -> Self-hit = error (confused counter 1) no damage from self-hit
Since it shows the error, it will roll again

Turn 1: Pokemon gets confused and tries to attack -> Self-hit = error (confused counter 2) no damage from self-hit
Turn 1: Pokemon is no longer confused -> attacks normally

Thanks

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello!

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: RuntimeError

Backtrace:
GameData:103:in `get'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [005] Battle_Move.rb:55:in `zMove?'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [005] Battle_Move.rb:63:in `pbBaseType'
Move_UsageCalculations:15:in `pbCalcType'
Battler_UseMove:118:in `pbConfusionDamage'
Battler_UseMoveSuccessChecks:270:in `pbTryUseMove'
[Generation 9 Pack] [003] Weather and Status.rb:489:in `pbTryUseMove'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Midbattle Overwrites.rb:448:in `pbTryUseMove'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [003] Battle_Misc.rb:212:in `pbTryUseMove'
Battler_UseMove:181:in `pbUseMove'

It shows this error everytime the Pokemon is going to hit themselves when confused. If it's not hitting itself, it won't show.
When it shows and I press ENTER, the game seems to roll "self-damage chance" immediately again and, if it rolls self-damage, it's shows the error again on the same Pokemon's turn. If it doesn't, it attacks normally and the game continues. Althout the roll is done on the same turn, the number of turns the Pokemon spends confused actually seem to count.

Ex:
Turn 1: Pokemon gets confused and tries to attack -> Self-hit = error (confused counter 1) no damage from self-hit
Since it shows the error, it will roll again

Turn 1: Pokemon gets confused and tries to attack -> Self-hit = error (confused counter 2) no damage from self-hit
Turn 1: Pokemon is no longer confused -> attacks normally

Thanks
Huh, interesting. I guess it's trying to check if the self-hit from confusion is flagged as a Z-Move, but the move obviously doesn't exist. That's a weird interaction I wouldn't have ever thought of. I wonder if this has always been a thing even in the ZUD plugin and simply nobody noticed until now lol.

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
I don't know if I would call this a bug or anything, but it's a very specific and funny interaction. I never tested it in v20's ZUD until now, I get the same error basically. I made an exclusive Z Move that raises speed... for a Pkmn with Sheer Force as one of its abilities. The move always fails and I get this error. If I change its ability, the move works as intended.
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `move' for #<Battle::ZMove::RaiseUserSpeed1>

Backtrace:
Move_UsageCalculations:545:in `pbFlinchChance'
[Generation 9 Pack] [001] Battle.rb:286:in `pbFlinchChance'
Battler_UseMove:734:in `block in pbProcessMoveHit'
Battler_UseMove:731:in `each'
Battler_UseMove:731:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
Battler_UseMove:418:in `block in pbUseMove'
Battler_UseMove:416:in `times'
Battler_UseMove:416:in `pbUseMove'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [003] Battle_Misc.rb:204:in `pbUseMove'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:188:in `block in pbProcessTurn'

Lucidious89

Champion
I don't know if I would call this a bug or anything, but it's a very specific and funny interaction. I never tested it in v20's ZUD until now, I get the same error basically. I made an exclusive Z Move that raises speed... for a Pkmn with Sheer Force as one of its abilities. The move always fails and I get this error. If I change its ability, the move works as intended.
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `move' for #<Battle::ZMove::RaiseUserSpeed1>

Backtrace:
Move_UsageCalculations:545:in `pbFlinchChance'
[Generation 9 Pack] [001] Battle.rb:286:in `pbFlinchChance'
Battler_UseMove:734:in `block in pbProcessMoveHit'
Battler_UseMove:731:in `each'
Battler_UseMove:731:in `pbProcessMoveHit'
Battler_UseMove:418:in `block in pbUseMove'
Battler_UseMove:416:in `times'
Battler_UseMove:416:in `pbUseMove'
[[DBK] Z-Power] [003] Battle_Misc.rb:204:in `pbUseMove'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:188:in `block in pbProcessTurn'
This actually doesn't look like a plugin error at all to me. You must have some custom code related to flinching in your game, because I'm on vanilla Essentials and the section Move_UsageCalculations stated in your error only has 515 lines, but your error says the issue was triggered on line 545. So that's not possible unless you have some custom code.

Also, "move" isn't defined anywhere in the vanilla pbFlinchChance script, so once again, this seems like a custom code issue on your part.

hoohohht

Rookie
Huh, interesting. I guess it's trying to check if the self-hit from confusion is flagged as a Z-Move, but the move obviously doesn't exist. That's a weird interaction I wouldn't have ever thought of. I wonder if this has always been a thing even in the ZUD plugin and simply nobody noticed until now lol.
Hello, I used ZUD and this behaviour never existed

Edit:
by "used" I mean "tried". Never published anything with it included

PauloJugoslavia

Novice
This actually doesn't look like a plugin error at all to me. You must have some custom code related to flinching in your game, because I'm on vanilla Essentials and the section Move_UsageCalculations stated in your error only has 515 lines, but your error says the issue was triggered on line 545. So that's not possible unless you have some custom code.

Also, "move" isn't defined anywhere in the vanilla pbFlinchChance script, so once again, this seems like a custom code issue on your part.
Fixed it lol. Sorry about the mix-up.

hoohohht

Rookie
In "Plugins > [DBK_004] Z-Power > [005] Battle_Move.rb "adding the line in bold fixes it:
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Returns true if this move is a Z-Move or a Z-Powered status move.
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
def zMove?
return false if @id == :STRUGGLE
return false if @id == :CONFUSEDAMAGE
return GameData::Move.get(@id).zMove? || @status_zmove
end

Back