• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Enhanced Battle UI [DBK Add-On] [v21.1]

Resource Enhanced Battle UI [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] v2.0.4

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
When in the bug contest the Poke Ball Selection Menu is still visible(and displays balls in bag).

Lucidious89

Champion

Lucidious89

Champion

ChromusSama

Novice
Hello, I've completely removed old version of both DBK and Enhanced Battle UI (Graphics and Audio files included, so I get fresh untouched updated files) and replaced them with the newly released versions.
While DBK alone works as intended, as soon as I add the Enhanced Battle UI plugin, I get this error whenever I try to pick or use any move during battles :
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [004] Move Info UI.rb:50:in `pbUpdateMoveInfoWindow'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [000] Main.rb:213:in `pbFightMenu_Update'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:247:in `block in pbFightMenu'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:220:in `loop'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:220:in `pbFightMenu'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:295:in `pbFightMenu'
Battle_CommandPhase:230:in `block (2 levels) in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
Battle_CommandPhase:221:in `loop'
Battle_CommandPhase:221:in `block in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
Battle_CommandPhase:203:in `loop'

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello, I've completely removed old version of both DBK and Enhanced Battle UI (Graphics and Audio files included, so I get fresh untouched updated files) and replaced them with the newly released versions.
While DBK alone works as intended, as soon as I add the Enhanced Battle UI plugin, I get this error whenever I try to pick or use any move during battles :
Are you sure you installed all of the new scripts? The error you're getting really shouldn't be possible. The move info UI is saying that a core part of the plugin in the Main file is undefined. That obviously shouldn't be possible, unless your Main file is from an outdated version from before it was coded.

ChromusSama

Novice
Are you sure you installed all of the new scripts? The error you're getting really shouldn't be possible. The move info UI is saying that a core part of the plugin in the Main file is undefined. That obviously shouldn't be possible, unless your Main file is from an outdated version from before it was coded.
Hello again.

So after using some brain cells, I found out that the FRLG Battle UI plugin I was using actually messed with the code from the Enhanced Battle UI, hence resulting into incompatibilities. After removing it, everything worked fluenty.

I truly apologize for the inconveniences I caused you.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Enhanced Battle UI [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v2.0.3 Update

• Fixed an issue with the Poke Ball UI menu being accessible during Bug Catching contests.
  • Fixed an issue where the wrong move info may be displayed in the Move Info UI when toggling Dynamax and an effect is in play that would change the type of Max Move the user's move would convert into.
  • Replaced all graphics added by the plugin to remove fuzzy pixels.
  • Critical Hit boosts now only track up to 3 stages in the Battler Info UI. It previously displayed up to 4 stages, which...

Read the rest of this update entry...

PattyOChairs

Novice
Error when pressing S while in the fight menu. I do not have the Z-Move plugin installed.

Message: undefined method `zMove?' for #<Battle::Move::LowerTargetAttack1>

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [004] Move Info UI.rb:382:in `pbGetFinalModifier'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [004] Move Info UI.rb:160:in `pbUpdateMoveInfoWindow'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [004] Move Info UI.rb:16:in `pbToggleMoveInfo'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [000] Main.rb:231:in `pbFightMenu_Extra'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:269:in `block in pbFightMenu'

Lucidious89

Champion
Error when pressing S while in the fight menu. I do not have the Z-Move plugin installed.

Message: undefined method `zMove?' for #<Battle::Move::LowerTargetAttack1>

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [004] Move Info UI.rb:382:in `pbGetFinalModifier'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [004] Move Info UI.rb:160:in `pbUpdateMoveInfoWindow'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [004] Move Info UI.rb:16:in `pbToggleMoveInfo'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [000] Main.rb:231:in `pbFightMenu_Extra'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:269:in `block in pbFightMenu'
Reinstall, I released a shadow update yesterday that fixed this mistake.

halily

Novice
Exception `NoMethodError' at [[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [002] Selection Menu.rb:277 - undefined method `visible' for nil:NilClass
When I changed the Settings: UI_PROMPT_DISPLAY ==2 to 1 in line 277, pressing the S key still resulted in an error message:
Exception NoMethodError 'at [DBK] Enhanced Battle UI [005] PokeBall UI. rb: 9- undefined method pbCanUsePokeBall?' for #<SafariBattle>

I deleted the content of line 277 and added "return false if pbInSafari" in def pbToggleBallInfo (idxBattler)?
Solved this error.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
I just redownloaded and reinstalled, same issue.
Are you sure it's the same issue, as in the same exact error? Because that's frankly not really possible. I literally changed to code to say "If zMove is undefined, skip this part." So it can't be returning an error that zMove is undefined when the code is specifically ignored if it isn't. I even uninstalled my own Z-Move plugin to make sure it works.

Are you sure you actually downloaded and installed the new files? And have you refreshed your plugins after reinstalling?

Lucidious89

Champion
Exception `NoMethodError' at [[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [002] Selection Menu.rb:277 - undefined method `visible' for nil:NilClass
When I changed the Settings: UI_PROMPT_DISPLAY ==2 to 1 in line 277, pressing the S key still resulted in an error message:
Exception NoMethodError 'at [DBK] Enhanced Battle UI [005] PokeBall UI. rb: 9- undefined method pbCanUsePokeBall?' for #<SafariBattle>

I deleted the content of line 277 and added "return false if pbInSafari" in def pbToggleBallInfo (idxBattler)?
So what you're saying is that there's a Safari Zone issue. Big surprise.

kronicrespawn

Rookie

Solved this error.
Thank you, this helped fix a similar issue I was having after installing all the updated dbk addons. I was receiving the error below during any wild encounter in safari zone. Slight change to your fix though.

Fix:
Inside [[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [002] Selection Menu.rb.
I did not delete line 227 and only changed line 9 to "return false if pbInSafari?" under def pbToggleBattleInfo

Error:
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [002] Selection Menu.rb:277:in `block in pbCommandMenuEx'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [002] Selection Menu.rb:274:in `loop'
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [002] Selection Menu.rb:274:in `pbCommandMenuEx'
SafariBattle:233:in `pbSafariCommandMenu'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:293:in `block in pbStartBattle'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:292:in `loop'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:292:in `pbStartBattle'
SafariZone:133:in `block (2 levels) in pbSafariBattle'
Overworld_BattleIntroAnim:55:in `pbSceneStandby'
SafariZone:133:in `block in pbSafariBattle'

Proximatic

Rookie
Thank you, this helped fix a similar issue I was having after installing all the updated dbk addons. I was receiving the error below during any wild encounter in safari zone. Slight change to your fix though.

Fix:
Inside [[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [002] Selection Menu.rb.
I did not delete line 227 and only changed line 9 to "return false if pbInSafari?" under def pbToggleBattleInfo

Error:
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Backtrace:
[[DBK] Enhanced Battle UI] [002] Selection Menu.rb:277:in `block in pbCommandMenuEx'
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [001] Animation Utilities.rb:293:in `block in pbStartBattle'
I'm experiencing a similar situation in the Safari Zone. I'm content to develop without the plugin for now, but I'm curious if anyone can come up with a solution. I've tried the line 9 and 277 fixes to no avail, and am consistent about recompiling upon reinstall when relevant. I'm not very familiar with Ruby, so I have no idea where to start with the Animation Utilities and other parts here.

Backtrace:

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm experiencing a similar situation in the Safari Zone. I'm content to develop without the plugin for now, but I'm curious if anyone can come up with a solution. I've tried the line 9 and 277 fixes to no avail, and am consistent about recompiling upon reinstall when relevant. I'm not very familiar with Ruby, so I have no idea where to start with the Animation Utilities and other parts here.

Backtrace:
I already fixed the issues weeks ago, im just lazy and have other things I wanna add before I update anything.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Enhanced Battle UI [DBK Add-On] [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v2.0.4 Update

• Fixed several issues that would cause crashes while in the Safari Zone.
  • Overhauled all of the visuals and graphics for all UI's added by this plugin.
  • Changed how sprites for move flags are stored to make it easier to add sprites for new custom move flags.
  • Changes to a move's properties from the user's held item will now display messages to indicate its effects, similar to Abilities.
Here are some examples of the new UI designs...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back