• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

The 12 Days of Mapmas, a Speed Mapping event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 3: Your challenge is to create a fork in the road or a fork in the river! You have 24 hours to post your map. Feel free to give feedback to your fellow participants, too!

The suggested tilesets are from @idilio!
Exterior tileset
Please credit when used:
TheDeadHeroAlistair
Ekat
HeartlessDragon
Buch
Seiyouh
FM
Erma96
idilio (Emeiry)
Ruin Valley tileset
Please credit when used:
TheDeadHeroAlistair
Ekat
Heartlessdragon
hernandack
george_
idilio (Emeiry)

omega

The Pilkining is Soon. . .
Theme: "Fork in the river"
Map Name: The Mountain Trail
Credits: @Squip and Myself (Private Tileset)

Another quick one from me, I like to think of this as a prelude to my last map, ascending north towards the mountain and it's nighttime view.

the mountain trail.png

lamington

Rookie
Theme: Fork In The River
Day 03 Upload.jpg
Name of map: Fork In The River
Tileset credits: Me
Comments: Never seen a map where the player wades through water instead of surfing and thought it'd be fun
Looking for feedback?: Yes, please! Does the concept work? Are the paths readable?

LcorpOfficial

Rookie
Theme: "Fork in the road"
Map Name: Fields of Progress/Depths of the Past
Tileset Credits: Anarlurendil, Magiscarf (My game's generic outdoor Tileset)
Compiled Tileset Credits (Potentially some tiles used from these as well)

Comments: Just a fun little map where one would choose to dive into the depths of the past or trudge forward to progress further in their journey.

88.png

omega

The Pilkining is Soon. . .
Comments: Never seen a map where the player wades through water instead of surfing and thought it'd be fun
Looking for feedback?: Yes, please! Does the concept work? Are the paths readable?
I think the only thing that could improve this map is making the cliffs on the right upper side more natural and adding more of them to both that side and the left. Other than that this map is wonderful.

Enigma

Certified lonely
Map: Fork in the Path
Name of map: Grassy Splits
Tileset credits: Me (Enigma)
Comments: Made with my own tileset. Still hate trees. It's a bit monotonous, but that's just because I haven't made much with this tileset. Hoping to expand very soon. Blown away with the creativity on this thread!
Looking for feedback?: Yes please!
day 3.png

Clara

Rookie
Map: Fork in the River and Path
Tileset credits: It's a private tileset done for pokémon Perseida, in this specific map it contains tiles made by me(Clara_Dragon), Magiscarf, Kyledove, hek-el-grande, Zeo245, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, so just in case here's the full credit list of the game.
Comments: Is the first time I used taller cliffs, it's not half bad, but is not perfect. The map is through as a section of a bigger one.
Looking for feedback?: Sure, feedback is always welcomed.
dgk8tyi-7992dce5-2a72-4d2b-afb4-5bc67149cfe2.png

Adel's Brother

Novice
Comments: Made with my own tileset. Still hate trees. It's a bit monotonous, but that's just because I haven't made much with this tileset. Hoping to expand very soon. Blown away with the creativity on this thread!
I like how you not only have a fork in the road but also have the left path climb up the mountain while the right path goes into a valley. Being able to still see the other path from the one you're on would be neat to see in-game and would make me excited to go back and explore.
The next time you use this tileset I think including side stairs and wider paths would make the map easier to navigate! :)

Adel's Brother

Novice
Map name: Mountain Marsh
1702416212361.png
TheDeadHeroAlistair
Ekat
Heartlessdragon
hernandack
george_
idilio
Comments: An early-ish route meant for you to come back to later. Clicking the 6 pillars in the correct order unlocks the temple doors.
Feedback?: As you wish

Geoswag

Novice
Map: Fork in the river
Name of map: Gobi Valley
Tileset credits:
Mostly default essentials and personal edits / tiles
Some tiles from Pokemon Reborn
Comments: Went pretty liberal with the "river" aspect, this is meant to be a grand canyon type area, with a desert path to the west and south, and a mountain pass to the east.
Looking for feedback?: Yes
1702418408046.png

kirlial

Novice
Map: Fork in the path
Name of map: The slow path
Tileset credits: All Magiscarf
Comments: Idea is you can hurry through the fast low path on the bike though imagine several trainers hanging out. Or explore the slow path which has pokémon and extra areas with items and even a cave. I'm trying to get myself more used to bridges cause they're fun.
Looking for feedback?: Sure.
1702422003851.png

Sethphyr

Rookie
Map: Fork in the path
Name of map: Ancient Crossing
Comments: You just enter from the south through the gatehouse and to the left there is an entrance to a ruins and to the right a town entrance
Looking for feedback?: Yes

TheRedEx, Laecoris, Phyromatical, ChaoticCherryCake, WesleyFG, Evolina, Hydrargirium, Zetavares852
exported.png

Theme: Fork In The Road
Map:
RPGXP_jRMBdjBVfZ.png

Name of map: Don't really have a name lol, just "Crossroads" I guess

Tileset credits:
TheDeadHeroAlistair
Ekat
HeartlessDragon
Buch
Seiyouh
FM
Erma96
idilio (Emeiry)

Comments: Decided to try a smaller map since making 12 60x60 maps would be draining and I think it worked out alright! I would actually kinda like to make a game using this map lol

Looking for feedback?:Yes

Last edited:

lamington

Rookie
I really like the use of colour to differentiate the paths!

I'm really fond of your map. I just think all around great, really great and unique concept, and I think the map looks like it'd play well as well and looking nice and refreshing.

Day 4: Your challenge is to create a volcano or blizzard! You have 24 hours to post your map. Feel free to give feedback to your fellow participants, too!

The suggested tilesets have doubled today! 🤩 You can use part of one, or combine the two!
Volcano tiles by Ekat
Please credit when used:
1. Ekat
2. Heartlessdragoon (RSE Rips)
3. Fabnt (FRLG Rips)

Future Verdanturf Town by Ekat
Please credit when used:
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax (FRLG Rips)
3. Heartlessdragoon (RSE Rips)
4. Alistar (Trees & car tiles)
5. Idillio (Building tiles and tiles I made for Oddisea)
Snowpoint Temple and Snow Tiles by Ekat
Please credit when used:
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax (trees)
3. Heartlessdragoon (RSE pallets)

Route ??? - Northern Arida - Tileset by idilio
Please credit when used:
idilio
Farore
Ekat99
TheDeadHeroAlistair
HeartlessDragon