• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

The 12 Days of Mapmas, a Speed Mapping event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethphyr

Rookie
Theme: Cabin in the Woods
Name of the Map: Frostleaf Road
Comments: Uhhh, im bad with names
Looking for feedback?: Of course

Phyromatical, Sailor Vicious, ChaoticCherryCake, Evolina, zetavares852
exported.png

Theme: Park in a city
Map:
RPGXP_n8UvLBNIQH.png
Name of map: Pokeball City
Tileset credits:
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax (FRLG Rips)
3. Heartlessdragoon (RSE Rips)
4. Alistar (tree bases and short grass patches)
5. Slimshady (mailboxes)
Comments:
This map was a bit of a struggle and I'm not too proud of it but it was fun to mess around with tiles I haven't used before and try to make a map like this
Looking for feedback?: Yes

omega

The Pilkining is Soon. . .
Theme: Park in a city
Map: Name of map: Pokeball City
Tileset credits:
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax (FRLG Rips)
5. Slimshady (mailboxes)
Comments:
This map was a bit of a struggle and I'm not too proud of it but it was fun to mess around with tiles I haven't used before and try to make a map like this
I like the park, the cityscape section though if it weren't as boxy or zig-zaggy would look nicer. I would recommend using more pathway intersections that you'd see in a normal town, T-Junctions and 4-Way Intersections along with making small corner pockets for stores. Doign this could help divy up the atmosphere and also provide more places to put items into the map.

omega

Quick thoughts on some other submissions
- - - - -
Theme: Park in the city
Map name: Parkmap City
Comments: This turned out bigger than I wanted it to, but oh well.

Hukon
Ekat
TheDeadHeroAlistair
Vurtax
Heartlessdragoon

This is my own private tileset
I really like your use of spacing in this map, makes everything connect together. Though I would say to work on making your mountain a bit more unique and lively, currently it looks a bit flat, now the player may not be able to see the full thing but allowing for time to make it look more natural is beneficial.

Map: Cabin in the woods
Tileset credits: It's a private tileset done for pokémon Perseida, in this specific map it contains tiles made by me(Clara_Dragon), Magiscarf, Kyledove, hek-el-grande, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, so just in case here's the full credit list of the game.
Comments: I've been stuck just doing events in my game for a while, so this is an ideal excuse to map random things. Spent around an hour and half making the map and adding extra details.
Looking for feedback?: Sure, feedback is always welcomed.
dgjv3dd-839f3a2c-ff24-4062-8078-c5d62f82b0f9.png
This map is wonderful, I don't have much to say about it other than having walkable grass in areas that aren't reachable is sometimes a bit weird looking, makes you think there is a way to arrive there in some fashion.

Name of map: Park District
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax (FRLG Rips)
5. Slimshady (mailboxes)
Comments: This took longer than I wanted it to because I kept messing up the roof placement and I have no idea how to make the dark grass patches look natural but I like how it came out.
Looking for feedback?: If you want :)
I like the use of multiple ways to get around here feels like a proper city, but the park section seems a bit bland without variation in the grass that you have, using multiple types of the grass adds contrast to a scene; along with changing up the river some to not be as linear and make it a bit more natural looking with bends and curves. Good job keeping the buildings in different spots and sizes makes the outside feel alive and not static.

From the description: With the cancellation of the Relic Castle Winter Game Jam 2024, I saw it as an opportunity to do something I've been wanting to do for a while now. Make my own Game Jam.

Did the Winter Game Jam actually get canceled several months in advance with no notification of it on the forums?
Yes, sorry about that. Back in September and again in maybe 3 weeks ago, staff members posted in the Discord server that people shouldn't expect another Winter Game Jam in January. I personally never viewed it as an annual tradition, and "the winter game jam isn't going to be every winter" sounds nicer than "we are canceling the winter game jam" but I do apologize for the radio silence from us!

Day 2: Your challenge is to create the East or the West! You have 24 hours to post your map. Feel free to give feedback to your fellow participants, too!

The suggested tilesets were used as part of the Iron Mapper!
Thank you Armin for compiling the tiles!

Formatted tiles
(Optional) Background

Please credit when used:
Anarlaurendil
AnonAlpaca
KingTapir
Magiscarf
PeekyChew
Seiyouh
WesleyFG
Background: Nightshade Resource Pack (Ekat)
Edited by Armin
Thank you MewTheMega for compiling the tiles!

Formatted tiles
Deep sand autotile
Wild grass autotile

Please credit when used:
BW Citrine Tileset (used the flowers)
Derlo
Flurmimon
Gallanty
KingTapir
The-Red-Ex
MewTheMega
WilsonScarloxy
Zeo254

Foxowl

Professional Procrastinator/Idiot
Discord Mod
exported.png
Name of map: Overlook Hotel
Suggested tileset - Haunted Woods
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax (FRLG Rips)
4. Zein (Trees & mushrooms)
Comments: And the award for latest entry goes to... anyway, I think this map is okay. I had the Overlook Hotel from The Shining when I made this, a winding mountain road leading to a solitary building. Kind of struggled with the tileset because I'm a little dumb and because it felt a tad limiting decoration-wise, but that's okay! We go again tomorrow.
Looking for feedback?: Sure

omega

Theme: "West"
Map Name: A Night To Remember
Credits: @Squip, Myself (Private Tileset), and Nightshade Resource Pack (Ekat)

Inspiration for this one came quite quick, as soon as I saw the prompt and optional set for the West theme, again another quick map from me, but im more proud of this map than the last one. Again Feedback is welcomed with open arms, be as critical as you want.

a_night_to_remember.png

omega

Name of map: Overlook Hotel
Suggested tileset - Haunted Woods
1. Ekat
2. Vurtax (FRLG Rips)
4. Zein (Trees & mushrooms)
Comments: And the award for latest entry goes to... anyway, I think this map is okay. I had the Overlook Hotel from The Shining when I made this, a winding mountain road leading to a solitary building. Kind of struggled with the tileset because I'm a little dumb and because it felt a tad limiting decoration-wise, but that's okay! We go again tomorrow.
Looking for feedback?: Sure
I quite like the map, though one of my things for feedback is making your base layer grass not be straight lines of 2 grass types, try to make them varied by filling the map with a 3x3 spread of them placed a bit randomly. Other than that everything looks really nice, the cliffs flow well and the trees look nice, though i would add some to the bottom layer to add some contrast to the tree bases.

lamington

Rookie
Theme: East
Day 02 Upload.png
Name of map: East Mountain Pass
Tileset credits: Me!
Comments: I made these tiles a few weeks ago but didn't have the energy to compile them into a tileset. Spent 66 minutes on this and made heaps of mistakes (used the wrong cliff bottoms d'oh!) I like the idea but need to refine this a lot more.

Feedback, please!

Ozander

Ozander
Map:
exported.png
Name of map: The Ceremony
Tileset credits:
Anarlaurendil
AnonAlpaca
KingTapir
Magiscarf
PeekyChew
Seiyouh
WesleyFG
Edited by Armin
Comments: I really hadn't got any idea for tileset, so I used suggested one.
Looking for feedback?: Yes, of course.

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Discord Mod
Name of map: Shogun's Retreat
Tileset credits: Ekat, Anonalpaca, Idilio, Heartlessdragoon, Vurtax, Skidmarc25, Thewilddeadhero, Zein

Attachments

• mapmasd2.png
    mapmasd2.png
    309.6 KB · Views: 57

Adel's Brother

Novice
Map name: Attack at the Shellos Nursery!
1702328018721.png
Tiles:
Derlo
Flurmimon
Gallanty
KingTapir
The-Red-Ex
MewTheMega
WilsonScarloxy
Zeo254
Overworlds:
Kyledove
Rekiem
Dragoon
KingOfThe-X-Roads
Comments: New ride Pokemon available! In the lands West of Sinnoh, this town is an ecological preserve for a variety of Shellos not commonly found in this region.
Feedback?: I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Last edited:

lamington

Rookie
Map name: Attack at the Shellos Nursery!
Tiles:
Derlo
Flurmimon
Gallanty
KingTapir
The-Red-Ex
MewTheMega
WilsonScarloxy
Zeo254
Overworlds:
Kyledove
KingOfThe-X-Roads
Dragoon
Comments: New ride Pokemon available! In the lands West of Sinnoh, this town is an ecological preserve for a variety of Shellos not commonly found in this region.
Feedback?: I'd love to hear your thoughts!
I love that it's a Shellos ranch! That's such a creative idea. The map looks great too.

omega

Map:
Name of map: The East and West Towers

Tileset credits:
Anarlaurendil
AnonAlpaca
KingTapir
Magiscarf
PeekyChew
Seiyouh
WesleyFG
Edited by Armin

Comments: This map went a lot more smoothly and was less frustrating, loved the tileset.
The map is too open in my opinion, having more trees and snow layering present could've helped, the dead space and rectangular cliffs also take away from what could be a nice map, especially that front section with the Tori and Trees

Foxowl

Professional Procrastinator/Idiot
Discord Mod
exported.png
Name of map: The View from the East
Suggested Tileset compiled by Armin
Formatted tiles
(Optional) Background

Please credit when used:
Anarlaurendil
AnonAlpaca
KingTapir
Magiscarf
PeekyChew
Seiyouh
WesleyFG
Edited by Armin
Comments: Made very quickly once again (you can thank finals week). I went for a super small map, probably unplayable, just to try out this amazing tileset and panorama Armin used in the previous Iron Mapper. I've always loved high cliffs-- not sure I pulled it off upon first glance, and there may be a tile error here and there. But there are also ten more days, so I'm not too worried ;)
Looking for feedback?: Eh, not really for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back