• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pumpkaboo's Party

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version

lrYO0Vd.png

Puggle the Pumpkaboo is hosting a party on Halloween night!
The guest list includes - Robin the Rowlet, Ollie the Oshawott, and Cinders the Cyndaquil.
However, as the night goes on... Puggle's guests start to notice that her house might be haunted...

Game duration: 1 to 1.5 hours

LfxREBb.png

qiJrt7g.png

9D4mVHG.png

Pumpkaboo's Party v1.0.3 DOWNLOAD

Content warning: This game includes mild horror aspects such as blood, skeletons, spooky imagery and creepy environments. There are NO jumpscares.

Gmhl0VU.png

👻 Happy Halloween! 👻

Pumpkaboo's Party
was made in a month. The idea of making a Halloween game came up randomly one day, so I spent the whole of October working on this. 😓
Writing the story was a challenge, but I think it turned out pretty well. I've never made a spooky game before, so this was quite fun.
However, I was getting quite tired of eventing near the end (especially after the last cutscene). The whole game is like 70% cutscenes and 30% gameplay.
The game was supposed to be a lot darker and scarier, with jump scares and all that.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think! 🙂

3QqEWYx.png

Pumpkaboo's Party

Created by:
KennyCatches

Tilesets
Pokemon Nightshade
Pokemon Halcyon
Ekat
Vurtax
Heartlessdragoon
Zein
Pumpkin by Twenty-One, Newtiteuf, mario99
Halloween Decorations by CraftPix

PMD Portraits
CHUNSOFT
Emmuffin
felis_licht
baronessfaron
JFain
PhillipsYoung
drawsstuff

Sprites
Rowlet sprite by firewheelies
Oshawott sprite by Wolfang62
Windowskin by Sharm

Music
Super Mario Odyssey
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time
Super Mario 3D World
Luigi's Ghost Mansion
Pokemon Heart Gold Soul Silver

Sound Effects
Radio Static by Sound Library
Pencil Writing by Sound Productions
PMD Emote SFX

Fonts
Halloween Treats from FontGet
SPOOKY MONSTER from FontSpace

Other Tools
Photomosh

Plugins
"v21.1 Hotfixes" v1.0.2 by:
Maruno

"Better Speed Up" v2.0 by:
Marin for the original script
Phantombass for updating to 19.1

"Overworld Shadows EX" v.2.0.3 by:
+ Golisopod User
Wolf PP

"Marin's Scripting Utilities" v.2.0 by:
Marin

"Marin's Map Exporter" v2.1 by:
Marin

"Pokemon Essentials" was created by:
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
Inspired by work by Flameguru

With contributions from:
FL. Genzai Kawakami Golisopod User
help-14 IceGod64 MiDas Mike Near Fantastica
PinkMan Popper Rataime Savordez Soundspawn
the__end Venom12 Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

"mkxp-z" by:
Roza
Based on "mkxp" by Ancurio et al.

RPG Maker XP by:
Enterbrain

Pokemon is owned by:
The Pokemon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

This is a non-profit fan-made game.
No copyright infringements intended.
Please support the official games!

Last edited:
Thank you again for hopping into my little spontaneous stream! I'm just reiterating my thoughts here in writing.

This game is an awesome little adventure! There's so much polish and character to it. The characters were great, the puzzles were great. And again, I felt there was just the right balance of light-heartedness and horror.

Some of my favourite characters were Ollie, Puggle, and Night. The character portraits I liked the best were Robin's (love that little twisting around "?") and of course, Puggle's later-game faces.

My favourite section of the game was Ollie's, particularly when you have to run back. Stressful, yet fun at the same time. And I do love the payoff of the Pumpkin. ^^

And my favourite scene is probably when:
Night slides with the steel chair and punts Puggle into the board game. That had me laughing and cheering at the same time.

Overall, just a perfect Halloween experience!

Loon

Rookie
I just finished your game and WOW that was amazing perfect to get into the Halloween mood! The characters were great and perfect atmosphere. I really liked the different types of gameplay in between the acts!
Spoilers:
The Gastly stealth portion took me a few tries to get through but glad I pushed through, The Gengar chase scene was also a close one I kept getting caught lol. When Ollie threw the pumpkin at Gengar to scare it I was for sure Gengar was going to be sealed into the pumpkin hah. I quite enjoyed each character experiencing their fears from the start and the twist with Puggle was really well done. The ghost characters were great too.

This felt like I was playing a spooky storybook in a fantastic way, great job and happy Halloween! 🎃 👻

Thank you again for hopping into my little spontaneous stream! I'm just reiterating my thoughts here in writing.

This game is an awesome little adventure! There's so much polish and character to it. The characters were great, the puzzles were great. And again, I felt there was just the right balance of light-heartedness and horror.

Some of my favourite characters were Ollie, Puggle, and Night. The character portraits I liked the best were Robin's (love that little twisting around "?") and of course, Puggle's later-game faces.

My favourite section of the game was Ollie's, particularly when you have to run back. Stressful, yet fun at the same time. And I do love the payoff of the Pumpkin. ^^

And my favourite scene is probably when:
Night slides with the steel chair and punts Puggle into the board game. That had me laughing and cheering at the same time.

Overall, just a perfect Halloween experience!
Thanks again for playing! I enjoyed watching your playthrough with your commentary and snarky remarks haha

I just finished your game and WOW that was amazing perfect to get into the Halloween mood! The characters were great and perfect atmosphere. I really liked the different types of gameplay in between the acts!
Spoilers:
The Gastly stealth portion took me a few tries to get through but glad I pushed through, The Gengar chase scene was also a close one I kept getting caught lol. When Ollie threw the pumpkin at Gengar to scare it I was for sure Gengar was going to be sealed into the pumpkin hah. I quite enjoyed each character experiencing their fears from the start and the twist with Puggle was really well done. The ghost characters were great too.

This felt like I was playing a spooky storybook in a fantastic way, great job and happy Halloween! 🎃 👻
Thank you for the compliments, glad you enjoyed it! Happy Halloween to you too! 🙂

I've uploaded v1.0.1 and v1.0.2 with a couple of minor changes and fixes.

v1.0.1
  • Extended chase timer by 5 seconds (It's not that much, but it's better than nothing haha)
  • Robin's razor leaf no longer stays on screen during a cutscene (spin to win!)
  • Fixed a repeat of two sentences from Robin during a cutscene in the basement.
  • Fixed a typo.
v1.0.2
  • A few typo fixes

Last edited:
Back