• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map

Resource [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map v2.6.3

Eyebull21

Novice
Remove the " " around NewBarkTown, these are not needed
Thanks, I saw it when i was looking at the code again lol. I have uninstalled it due to finding out i can't use the fly in the map. It closes the menu and put's me back on the pause menu. once I find out why i will re-add it.

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
Thanks, I saw it when i was looking at the code again lol. I have uninstalled it due to finding out i can't use the fly in the map. It closes the menu and put's me back on the pause menu. once I find out why i will re-add it.
That's a really strange issue, might have nothing to do with my plug-in though. Maybe you didn't setup the fly positions properly? Do you have any plugins that affect how flying works? my plugin uses the build in fly mechanism so it doesn't change anything there, from the moment you use fly, it doesn't use my plugin's script anymore so if fly acts weird, you might have to look if other plugins don't break it or if you didn't change anything in how fly is handled. But if it's fixed when my plugin is not installed, then could you send me a video of what it is exactly doing? maybe it's another plugin that conflicts with mine but not with the base essentials script

Last edited:

Eyebull21

Novice
That's a really strange issue, might have nothing to do with my plug-in though. Maybe you didn't setup the fly positions properly? Do you have any plugins that affect how flying works? my plugin uses the build in fly mechanism so it doesn't change anything there, from the moment you use fly, it doesn't use my plugin's script anymore so if fly acts weird, you might have to look if other plugins don't break it or if you didn't change anything in how fly is handled. But if it's fixed when my plugin is not installed, then could you send me a video of what it is exactly doing? maybe it's another plugin that conflicts with mine but not with the base essentials script
well i only had this one. I can use the normal way to fly and it works. but with the script it just sends me back to the pause menu

Arcky

well i only had this one. I can use the normal way to fly and it works. but with the script it just sends me back to the pause menu
That's really weird, I'm using Pokémon essentials base version to test and it works all normally, this is the first time I got a report about the fly not working. Can you show me a video?

Eyebull21

Novice
That's really weird, I'm using Pokémon essentials base version to test and it works all normally, this is the first time I got a report about the fly not working. Can you show me a video?
yes i can. i will upload one

Arcky

Arcky updated [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map with a new update entry:

v2.5.0: Mouse Support

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a crash with the Trainer Counter script.
Improvements:
  • Reworked the 000_RegionMap_Settings.rb file completely to make it more orginized (no settings have been renamed).
New Feature:
  • Added Mouse Support which allows you to select a location, move the map and interact with a location (like opening a Location, Quest or Berry Preview or Select that location to fly to).
If you still...

Read the rest of this update entry...

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
When using mouse to click a place on Fly Map and choose yes when asking whether to fly the game crashes.
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:1432:in `-'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:1432:in `updateMapPosition'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:999:in `block in pbMapScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:965:in `loop'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:965:in `pbMapScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:1494:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_Pokegear:168:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
UI_Pokegear:165:in `block in <main>'
[Lin's Pokegear Themes] Pokegear_Main.rb:192:in `block in pbStartScreen'

Arcky

When using mouse to click a place on Fly Map and choose yes when asking whether to fly the game crashes.
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
Is this the fly map from the field move? Or the fly mode from the region map?

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
That's really weird I tested this and it worked fine, does it crash when you try to fly not using the mouse?
Nothing happens when not using the mouse. When I click on a place with pokeball and choose yes this happens.

Arcky

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Backtrace:
okay i figured out what the issue was, I fixed it but now when you click on a location it'll immidiatly ask to fly there, I hope that's okay at least it doesn't crash now anymore (I actually only tested if the confirm message poppep up but i never clicked yes to fly so i never experienced this error) thank you for reporting this issue. There'll be a small patch later today including the fix for this along with a few more small improvements

Arcky

yes i can. i will upload one
I'm still waiting for the video btw. also there'll be a new update later today that fixes a crash with flying, maybe it'll fix the issue you had.

Arcky

Arcky updated [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map with a new update entry:

v2.5.1: Time Based Region Maps

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a crash when confirming to fly to the chosen location using the mouse.
  • Fixed the text "Change Region" on the Fly Map (field move) while you can't change the Region there.
  • Fixed the District Name Feature not being used when the Progress Counter is turned off.
New Settings:
  • Added 4 New Settings, to turn on/off each individual Counter used by the Progress Counter Feature (these are the Item, Trainer, Wild Pokémon and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

fncjinta

Novice
1710768284747.png
Hello, the error I get when I click on information on a map and move within it.

Arcky

View attachment 27063Hello, the error I get when I click on information on a map and move within it.
Can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean click using the mouse or using the buttons? And what do you mean with "move within it"
The error you're having should be impossible, because the line of the error is what handles the text you see in the small button preview. "Close map" is always shown unless you are using the location preview. So try reinstalling the plugin, maybe that helps

Last edited:

fncjinta

Novice
I mean if I look at the information and press one of the arrow keys, that error appears (I'm from Argentina, sorry for my English, I know its bad)

Arcky

I mean if I look at the information and press one of the arrow keys, that error appears (I'm from Argentina, sorry for my English, I know its bad)
that's a really weird issue, can you show me a video please of what is happening?

Back