• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map

Resource [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map v2.6.3

CoderFreddy

Novice
Go in the settings file of the plugin and disable the districts setting, see if that fixes the issue for you. The line the error refers to is where it tries to get the Region name, which is weird that it would say it's nil.
Apparently I was opening the wrong plugin file, just installed it correctly and it works now

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
By the way this plugin rewrites pbItemBall and pbReceiveItem, which means some changes should be made to be compatible with plugins concerning these.

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 070_RegionMap_TrainerTracker.rb:7:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'
Overworld_BattleStarting:326:in `after_battle'
Overworld_BattleStarting:402:in `block in start_core'
Overworld_BattleIntroAnim:126:in `pbBattleAnimation'
Overworld_BattleStarting:400:in `start_core'
Overworld_BattleStarting:365:in `start'
This happens only after defeating a wild pokemon on a map that has no trainer event and running away doesn't trigger this.

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
Console still spams "No highlight image" right after installing the new version even if there is a highlight image defined
Townmap.txt:
Point = 5,13,Pallet Town,Pokémon Lab,32,21,15,,mapSize1x1
Point = 5,10,Viridan City,Viridan Gym,87,36,27,,mapSize1x1
Just ignore it, or try to compile your game again. Sometimes essentials is a little slow on these things

Arcky

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.7]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 070_RegionMap_TrainerTracker.rb:7:in `block in <main>'
Event_Handlers:89:in `block in trigger'
Event_Handlers:89:in `each_value'
Event_Handlers:89:in `trigger'
Event_HandlerCollections:63:in `trigger'
Overworld_BattleStarting:326:in `after_battle'
Overworld_BattleStarting:402:in `block in start_core'
Overworld_BattleIntroAnim:126:in `pbBattleAnimation'
Overworld_BattleStarting:400:in `start_core'
Overworld_BattleStarting:365:in `start'
This happens only after defeating a wild pokemon on a map that has no trainer event and running away doesn't trigger this.
How strange, it should have been fixed now. I'll look into it.

Last edited:

Arcky

By the way this plugin rewrites pbItemBall and pbReceiveItem, which means some changes should be made to be compatible with plugins concerning these.
I'm not aware of plugins that make changes, if you know any plugins, I'll make sure they work together

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Oh alright good to know
I checked again and discovered that after some event(game switch used to control it) the game crashes but it was safe before that event.
edit: actually it is not switches' fault, when player enter the map from west it bug happens.

Last edited:

Arcky

I checked again and discovered that after some event(game switch used to control it) the game crashes but it was safe before that event.
edit: actually it is not switches' fault, when player enter the map from west it bug happens.
I'm not 100% following of what you mean here...

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
I'm not 100% following of what you mean here...
sorry I will try to explain again.
The map is johto route 29. When I enter it from Cherrygrove City and after I encounter a wild pokemon and defeat it the game crashes. When I enter from other places (Route 46 or New Bark Town) this doesn't happen at all.

Arcky

I've fixed this now, it's compatible with the itemFind plugin. I've tested this in base essentials and my own game. I'll be releasing a v2.4.1next week

Arcky

sorry I will try to explain again.
The map is johto route 29. When I enter it from Cherrygrove City and after I encounter a wild pokemon and defeat it the game crashes. When I enter from other places (Route 46 or New Bark Town) this doesn't happen at all.
That's very strange indeed and hard to say if it has something to do with my plugin. Could you show me the error message you're getting?

Arcky

I'm also getting the error. If I run away or catch a Pokémon it's fine, but if I defeat it I get the same undefined method error. As its a wild battle I would assume it has no eventID as its not an event
I'll look into it, sorry for the trouble, I hope everything else is working fine?

Arcky

There's also an issue when you win against trainers
Exception `NoMethodError' at [Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:576 - undefined method `name' for nil:NilClass
This should be fixed in the next update coming later this week

Back