• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map

Resource [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map v2.6.3

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
I'm having a problem with the compatibility with the "In-depth pokedex data page". The Data page is not accesible. Pressing "Right" in the forms page does nothing, as if only 3 pages where active at the time.
It's activated with a switch if I recall, check the plugin's page itself. My plugin doesn't change anything of that

Sonicover

Trainer
It's activated with a switch if I recall, check the plugin's page itself. My plugin doesn't change anything of that
I was refering to the after activation. Yes the Data page is activated with a Switch, but once activated its treated as a 4th page. but pressing Right on the Forms page, the 3rd page, does nothing. That's because both plugins handle max dex's pages differently and yours takes priority.

I found a way to solve it. In 011_RegionMap_Pokedex_v211:
Ruby:
            elsif Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT)
              oldpage = @page
              @page -= 1
              @page = 1 if @page < 1
              @page = 3 if @page > 3
              if @page != oldpage
                pbPlayCursorSE
                dorefresh = true
              end
            elsif Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT)
              oldpage = @page
              @page += 1
              @page = 1 if @page < 1
              @page = 3 if @page > 3
              if @page != oldpage
                pbPlayCursorSE

Changing both "@page = 3 if @page > 3" to "@page = 4 if @page > 4" lets you acces it like normal. I belive this is because the Modular UI scenes has another handler for max pages and yours sets it to a maximum of 3 like the base Essentials. I don't know if anyone else is having issues with it (I din't before the update of those plugins so this is odd), but in case someone is this is a simple fix

Arcky

I was refering to the after activation. Yes the Data page is activated with a Switch, but once activated its treated as a 4th page. but pressing Right on the Forms page, the 3rd page, does nothing. That's because both plugins handle max dex's pages differently and yours takes priority.

Ruby:
              oldpage = @page
              @page -= 1
              @page = 1 if @page < 1
              @page = 3 if @page > 3
              if @page != oldpage
                pbPlayCursorSE
                dorefresh = true
              end
              oldpage = @page
              @page += 1
              @page = 1 if @page < 1
              @page = 3 if @page > 3
              if @page != oldpage
                pbPlayCursorSE

Changing both "@page = 3 if @page > 3" to "@page = 4 if @page > 4" lets you acces it like normal. I belive this is because the Modular UI scenes has another handler for max pages and yours sets it to a maximum of 3 like the base Essentials. I don't know if anyone else is having issues with it (I din't before the update of those plugins so this is odd), but in case someone is this is a simple fix
That's strange indeed, it might be because something changed in the modular UI scenes plugin for the pokedex. I might have to look into it. Thanks for providing this fix

Mr.Heathcliff

Ace Trainer
Hello, I'm using the version 2.1.2 in my v21.1 project and I noticed some issues compared to my v20.1 project, where I'm using the version 1.1 of the plugin:

Project 20.1 (Plugin's Version 1.1):
1706542800699.png
1706542821933.png

1706542857587.png
1706542892921.png

1706542928177.png

1706544404397.png

Project 21.1 (Plugin's Version 2.1.2):
1706543208055.png
1706543232789.png

1706543250772.png
1706543288711.png

1706543312621.png

1706544479933.png

The town_map file is exact the same, so I don't know if I have to change something to fix this. Also, if I use the same highlight image from the first two examples, I get this:

1706543465647.png
1706543479761.png

It's not a big deal since I can use two different images to fix this but I thought it was worth talking about. Last but not least, my map isn't showing in pokedex if I have the "011_RegionMap_Pokedex_v211.rb" file:

1706544035378.png

It works if I delete this file. I haven't tested the version 2.1.2 on Essentials v20.1 yet, so I don't know if the same issues happen there too. Thanx and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

Arcky

Hello, I'm using the version 2.1.2 in my v21.1 project and I noticed some issues compared to my v20.1 project, where I'm using the version 1.1 of the plugin:

Project 20.1 (Plugin's Version 1.1):
View attachment 25596 View attachment 25597

View attachment 25598 View attachment 25599

View attachment 25600

Project 21.1 (Plugin's Version 2.1.2):
View attachment 25601 View attachment 25602

View attachment 25603 View attachment 25604

View attachment 25605

The town_map file is exact the same, so I don't know if I have to change something to fix this. Also, if I use the same highlight image from the first two examples, I get this:

View attachment 25606View attachment 25607

It's not a big deal since I can use two different images to fix this but I thought it was worth talking about. Last but not least, my map isn't showing in pokedex if I have the "011_RegionMap_Pokedex_v211.rb" file:

View attachment 25608

It works if I delete this file. I haven't tested the version 2.1.2 on Essentials v20.1 yet, so I don't know if the same issues happen there too. Thanx and sorry for my bad english.
Some things have changed since v1.1 so you might have to rework your highlight images. For the one with the green dots, you can simply use unique named images as if you put the same name in the PBS it'll use that same image each time and put it on the same position for all.
For the last thing, replace the pokedex UI with the image I provide in the download folder, the white area should be removed/transparent as the map is behind it and thus hidden as of now for you. If you have any more issues or questions let me know

Mr.Heathcliff

Ace Trainer
Some things have changed since v1.1 so you might have to rework your highlight images. For the one with the green dots, you can simply use unique named images as if you put the same name in the PBS it'll use that same image each time and put it on the same position for all.
For the last thing, replace the pokedex UI with the image I provide in the download folder, the white area should be removed/transparent as the map is behind it and thus hidden as of now for you. If you have any more issues or questions let me know
Oh sorry, didn't notice there's a folder inside the Pokedex folder. It's works now. About the example with the green dots, it's the same map as the first example (V21.1, images 1 and 2). I wanted to highlight both the city and each interest point, so I can only highlight the interest point? Also in the second example (V21.1, images 3 and 4) I have a similar route but with the interest point in the middle of the route and it works fine. But in this case, when the point of interest is at the begginig of the route, it puts the highlighted route's graphic further to the right.

Arcky

Oh sorry, didn't notice there's a folder inside the Pokedex folder. It's works now. About the example with the green dots, it's the same map as the first example (V21.1, images 1 and 2). I wanted to highlight both the city and each interest point, so I can only highlight the interest point? Also in the second example (V21.1, images 3 and 4) I have a similar route but with the interest point in the middle of the route and it works fine. But in this case, when the point of interest is at the begginig of the route, it puts the highlighted route's graphic further to the right.
You can highlight both your city and the interest points, you'll just need to name those interest points images a different name each time for a same city. And for the route, a simple fix is that you can let the route act like a city/town/location by naming it mapSize instead since for those images you need to add that extra image size. This can possibly fix the issue you're having. You simply need to play around with your images.

Arcky

I'm having a problem with the compatibility with the "In-depth pokedex data page". The Data page is not accesible. Pressing "Right" in the forms page does nothing, as if only 3 pages where active at the time.
I remember now what can cause the issue, in the meta file of my plugin add an extra optional line that says the modular UI scenes. This way the modular UI scene plugin is loaded first and then mine is loaded. Everything should work then again. I'll fix this in the next update.

Mr.Heathcliff

Ace Trainer
You can highlight both your city and the interest points, you'll just need to name those interest points images a different name each time for a same city. And for the route, a simple fix is that you can let the route act like a city/town/location by naming it mapSize instead since for those images you need to add that extra image size. This can possibly fix the issue you're having. You simply need to play around with your images.
Well, for the route the only thing that worked for me was using the same point of the map twice in the TownMap PBS file. One with the Size1x1Small highlight and another one with the route highlight. There was no difference making the route act as a city. About the cities, I couldn't highlight both the city and the interest point, so I'm using the highlight only for the interest point (it's fine). Thanks for the help and for your time, this plugin is amazing!

Arcky

Well, for the route the only thing that worked for me was using the same point of the map twice in the TownMap PBS file. One with the Size1x1Small highlight and another one with the route highlight. There was no difference making the route act as a city. About the cities, I couldn't highlight both the city and the interest point, so I'm using the highlight only for the interest point (it's fine). Thanks for the help and for your time, this plugin is amazing!
Ah I see, if you can/want, DM me on discord so I can give you better assistance fixing it if you want, it's a bit more difficult to help you out in the discussion here

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
You have your player icons named wrong. Check base essentials how to name them and make sure they are in the correct folder. Normally the default icons come with the plugin's graphics.
I'll check it..

Arcky

Arcky updated [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map with a new update entry:

v2.0.0: Berry Mode (with preview) and Roaming Mode

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed an issue with the Arrow (pointing upwards) not moving correctly when the Button Box is on the top left while viewing a Quest.
  • Fixed an issue with the CAN_FLY_FROM_TOWN_MAP setting not being used.
  • Fixed an issue with the button set to change Region Map not being used.
Improvements:
  • improved the Button Text to display depending on the Region Map being opened from the Pokegear, Fly (field move) or the Wall Map...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Marvelous work on the newest update! Keep up the great work!

Arcky

Ruby:
              oldpage = @page
              @page -= 1
              @page = 1 if @page < 1
              @page = 3 if @page > 3
              if @page != oldpage
                pbPlayCursorSE
                dorefresh = true
              end
              oldpage = @page
              @page += 1
              @page = 1 if @page < 1
              @page = 3 if @page > 3
              if @page != oldpage
                pbPlayCursorSE

I just tried again and there's nothing wrong with my plugin and the modular UI scenes, make sure you have the latest version of my plugin and the modular UI scenes installed and everything should work just fine. The issue was because i forgot to add the modular ui scenes as an optional plugin my meta file which means if that plugin is installed, it'll load in first as my plugin overwrites a part of that plugin's code. right now it was probably the other way.

Arcky

It gives me this error, does anyone know why?

View attachment 25954
Check in the settings of my plugin, where you can link a POI to a map and remove the map with the id that you don't have in your game. And also make sure that your game maps have all a map position defined in the map metadata

Back