• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map

Resource [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map v2.6.3

PikaPixels

Rookie
Getting this error when I check any location with the interaction key, not sure what I am doing wrong.

I just got this error too, I fixed it by going into the PBS file and deleting the "" around the town names and points of interest. Maybe you can try that?

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
Can anyone help me. I am still using the default essentials map and got this error after installing the plugin

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:266:in `block (2 levels) in getMapObject'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:266:in `each'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:266:in `find'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:266:in `block in getMapObject'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:247:in `each'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:247:in `getMapObject'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:103:in `main'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:97:in `pbStartScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:1137:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_Pokegear:168:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
You seem to have not defined any highlight images in the town_map PBS file. Just put a place holder image and the issue should be fixed

Arcky

I noticed that I'm getting the same error report quit a lot lately so I'll launch another patch tonight fixing this. It's already fixed for v2.2 but that update will only be released next month.

Arcky

I just got this error too, I fixed it by going into the PBS file and deleting the "" around the town names and points of interest. Maybe you can try that?
Yes that should fix it, the "" are not needed in the PBS files. This is a default essentials thing so it's nothing I can do as a work around actually. I hope it helps :)

Arcky

Arcky updated [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map with a new update entry:

v2.1.2: Translation Support and bug fixes

I'm back already with another small update.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed an issue with NO_UNVISITED_MAP_INFO name replacement when the map isn't included in LINK_POI_TO_MAP. This would mean that the point replacement goes along the location name when the location has been visited.
  • Fixed a crash when there are no highlight images defined for any locations in the Town_map.txt PBS file. It'll tell you in the Game's Console that there's no highlight image defined so you can...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Yes that should fix it, the "" are not needed in the PBS files. This is a default essentials thing so it's nothing I can do as a work around actually. I hope it helps :)
Thanks my friend! Much love to you!

Arcky

Thanks, that fixed the issue. Might be worth mentioning that in the relevant sections in the first post
hmmm ye might be a good idea. Also I'll see if I can fetch something to fix this because I noticed when using the towngen.html it does add those quotes when loading your points.

Arcky

I'm not too familiar with Ruby, but would it be possible to check if the name begins and ends with ", then remove them?
ah don't worry, I've already fixed it in the towngen.html it won't add the " anymore now. I'll update the download link so it's included with the fix
edit: the fixed towngen.html has been added

Last edited:

blooeysnake

Novice
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 081:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/Pictures/RegionMap/highlights//map
I keep getting this error in the other window and it crashes the game when looking at the map, im not sure why because i followed the steps on updating

This is ver 20.1

Arcky

Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at 081:RPG_Cache:118 - No such file or directory - Graphics/Pictures/RegionMap/highlights//map
I keep getting this error in the other window and it crashes the game when looking at the map, im not sure why because i followed the steps on updating

This is ver 20.1
The highlight images are either in the folder Others or Routes so the image names should start with mapSize in the Others folder and mapRoute in the Routes folder. The only reason I can think off is that you might have missed something in naming of your images. Let me know if you still have problems resolving this issue.

Jangajinx

Getting error with weather preview seems like an update is need for Lin's Weather Plugin correct?

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Backtrace:
[Lin's Weather System] 01 - Main_Code.rb:24:in `block in pbGetMapZone'
[Lin's Weather System] 01 - Main_Code.rb:22:in `each'
[Lin's Weather System] 01 - Main_Code.rb:22:in `pbGetMapZone'
[Arcky's Region Map] 004_RegionMap_WeatherPreview.rb:39:in `showPreviewWeather'
[Arcky's Region Map] 004_RegionMap_WeatherPreview.rb:20:in `getPreviewWeather'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:434:in `showAndUpdateMapInfo'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:679:in `refreshFlyScreen'
[TDW Berry Planting Improvements] 001_BerryPlantingImprovements.rb:1169:in `refreshFlyScreen'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:1067:in `switchMapMode'
[Arcky's Region Map] 000_RegionMap_Main.rb:803:in `block in pbMapScene'

LinKazamine

Champion
It looks more like you have some problem with the MAPS_POSITION in the configuration on my plugin. Looking at the code, I think it has fewer zones defined than the ZONE_MAPS, which causes an error to trigger when trying to check a value in a position that doesn't exist.

Jangajinx

It looks more like you have some problem with the MAPS_POSITION in the configuration on my plugin. Looking at the code, I think it has fewer zones defined than the ZONE_MAPS, which causes an error to trigger when trying to check a value in a position that doesn't exist.
Thanks for a reply! Will look into and see if I can fix issue.

Jangajinx

Fixed it! Thanks for the support my friend! Much love to you!

Eaglit

Novice
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 011_RegionMap_Pokedex_v211.rb:35:in `pbStartScene'
UI_Pokedex_Entry:583:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_Pokedex_Main:879:in `pbDexEntry'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1281:in `block (2 levels) in pbPokedex'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1257:in `loop'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1257:in `block in pbPokedex'
MessageConfig:721:in `pbActivateWindow'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1256:in `pbPokedex'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1299:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_PauseMenu:151:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
I get this whenever I open a Pokemon's page in the Pokedex

Sonicover

Trainer
I'm having a problem with the compatibility with the "In-depth pokedex data page". The Data page is not accesible. Pressing "Right" in the forms page does nothing, as if only 3 pages where active at the time.

Babits

Novice
I'm having a problem with the compatibility with the "In-depth pokedex data page". The Data page is not accesible. Pressing "Right" in the forms page does nothing, as if only 3 pages where active at the time.
U need ti turn on the swich fo ir it also you can change wath swich u want to use inte In-depth pokedex plugin settings file.

Arcky

[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.6]

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 011_RegionMap_Pokedex_v211.rb:35:in `pbStartScene'
UI_Pokedex_Entry:583:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_Pokedex_Main:879:in `pbDexEntry'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1281:in `block (2 levels) in pbPokedex'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1257:in `loop'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1257:in `block in pbPokedex'
MessageConfig:721:in `pbActivateWindow'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1256:in `pbPokedex'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1299:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_PauseMenu:151:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
I get this whenever I open a Pokemon's page in the Pokedex
You need to set-up your map metadata for each game map in your game, this will fix it

Back