• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map

Resource [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map v2.6.3

sorryjzargo

Novice
Remove all the quotes in the pbs file, this seems to be an issue with v21.1 (I assume that's the version you're using) so intead of "Aria Town" just put Aria Town and do this for all other locations and point of interests.
That fixed it! Thanks!
Well, this is the default town_map PBS for v20.1:
View attachment 23657
And this one is the default one for v21.1:
View attachment 23658
None of them used the quotes.
The town map editor that comes with Arcky's Region Map adds the quotation marks

LinKazamine

Champion
I didn't check how Arcky's town map PBS was, I was merely showing that the default PBS didn't have them and they could be the reason for the error.

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
That fixed it! Thanks!

The town map editor that comes with Arcky's Region Map adds the quotation marks
Oh, I'll look into it and see if I can prevent it from adding them to avoid problems. Glad to hear it's fixed now :)

sorryjzargo

Novice
I'm having another issue. I made a custom highlight icon for a part of my map and named it mapZ141Crater, and then in the town map file added it to the pbs.
Screenshot 2024-01-02 170126.png

Screenshot 2024-01-02 170131.png

But when I try to hover over it on the town map, the highlight image does not appear, and I get this in the Debug Output:
error:
Exception `Errno::ENOENT' at Section078:127 - No such file or directory - Graphics/UI/Town Map/highlights//mapZ141Crater

Just to prove that the file does exist where it's supposed to, here's a screenshot of it in the folder
Screenshot 2024-01-02 165602.png

Attachments

• 1704232979939.png
    1704232979939.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 25

sorryjzargo

Novice
With some more tinkering, putting it in the Routes folder and renaming it mapRoute141Crater works, but idk why the file name has to specifically have "Route" in the name for it to work seeing as my game doesn't even have routes

Arcky

With some more tinkering, putting it in the Routes folder and renaming it mapRoute141Crater works, but idk why the file name has to specifically have "Route" in the name for it to work seeing as my game doesn't even have routes
This is because of the way the script works, I made it check the image to contain either Route or Size, Size is for anything that is not a Route. So maybe try naming it mapSizeZ141Crater

Arcky

This is because of the way the script works, I made it check the image to contain either Route or Size, Size is for anything that is not a Route. So maybe try naming it mapSizeZ141Crater
I've noticed that in the tutorial on the overview page, I do allow you to have custom names. Seems like I didn't test that enough. Well you're the first one that reported it not working. Thanks, I'll look into it and make it work on the next update.

Arcky

Arcky updated [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map with a new update entry:

v2.1.0: Button Preview Improvements

Important:
  • The v20.1 and v21.1 plugin files have been merged. Once having the download extracted and opened, you should see this:
View attachment 23984
  • Copy the Plugins folder into your game's root folder and replace when asked.
  • For the Graphics folder, open the "Graphics (v20.1-v20.1) folder and open the folder of the essentials version you're using.
  • Then copy the Graphics folder into your game's root folder but be careful when...

Read the rest of this update entry...

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
When I attempt to see the details of a certain Pokémon in the Pokédex, the game crashes and this is error log.
Exception: NameError

Backtrace:
UI_Pokedex_Entry:29:in `pbStartScene'
[Pokedex Data Page] [001] Page Setup.rb:72:in `pbStartScene'
[More Pokedex Page : Size Comparison] [00] Pokedex Size Comparison Core.rb:140:in `pbStartScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 011_RegionMap_Pokedex_v211.rb:18:in `pbStartScene'
UI_Pokedex_Entry:583:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_Pokedex_Main:879:in `pbDexEntry'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1281:in `block (2 levels) in pbPokedex'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1257:in `loop'
UI_Pokedex_Main:1257:in `block in pbPokedex'
MessageConfig:721:in `pbActivateWindow'
What should I do?

Arcky

When I attempt to see the details of a certain Pokémon in the Pokédex, the game crashes and this is error log.

Backtrace:
[More Pokedex Page : Size Comparison] [00] Pokedex Size Comparison Core.rb:140:in `pbStartScene'
What should I do?
You might have not properly installed my plugin or some other plugin is overwritting mine.
Edit: looking better at the error log message, the issue seems to be with a plugin that adds more pokedex pages. To solve this issue
  • You can go to that plugin's folder and open the meta file and copy the name of the plugin where it says "name ="
  • Then go to my plugin and open the meta file, below the last "optional" line, add a new optional line and paste the name of that plugin there.
this should then normally fix this issue as the more pokedex pages will be loaded first and then my plugin will be loaded.
I hope this helped you out.
if you don't know how to do it what I described here, just tell me and I'll send you the new meta file for you.

Last edited:

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
You might have not properly installed my plugin or some other plugin is overwritting mine.
Edit: looking better at the error log message, the issue seems to be with a plugin that adds more pokedex pages. To solve this issue
  • You can go to that plugin's folder and open the meta file and copy the name of the plugin where it says "name ="
  • Then go to my plugin and open the meta file, below the last "optional" line, add a new optional line and paste the name of that plugin there.
this should then normally fix this issue as the more pokedex pages will be loaded first and then my plugin will be loaded.
I hope this helped you out.
if you don't know how to do it what I described here, just tell me and I'll send you the new meta file for you.
I have followed your instructions but it doesn't work.

Arcky

Backtrace:
What should I do?
Or you might have to check your settings file in essentials itself, maybe you deleted something. Like I said, the issue isn't even my plugin. I'm only trying to help.

Last edited:
Back