• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
[v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map

Resource [v20.1\v21.1] Arcky's Region Map v2.6.3

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
I love this. I've been playing with it (I needed to make some changes to be compatible with some stuff with my game).

Have you thought about making an add on for something like Berry Plant/Honey Tree status indicators on the map? I'd be quite a different plugin, but would blend nicely with this. I'm going to see what it would take to make something like that myself if you didn't have this on your list of possibilities.

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
I love this. I've been playing with it (I needed to make some changes to be compatible with some stuff with my game).

Have you thought about making an add on for something like Berry Plant/Honey Tree status indicators on the map? I'd be quite a different plugin, but would blend nicely with this. I'm going to see what it would take to make something like that myself if you didn't have this on your list of possibilities.
Thanks and what changes would you need to make if I may ask? Just out of curiosity.

Also yes I've thought about something like that for a future update so don't worry about having to do it yourself :D

wrigty12

Tester-Coder Hybrid
Thanks and what changes would you need to make if I may ask? Just out of curiosity.

Also yes I've thought about something like that for a future update so don't worry about having to do it yourself :D
DMed you :)

Arcky

ardicoozer

Cooltrainer
Hello mate,
Honestly, this is a excellent works.
I have suggest for this plugins,
Maybe, player can see roaming pokemon via icon in map after roaming trigger on.

Arcky

Hello mate,
Honestly, this is a excellent works.
I have suggest for this plugins,
Maybe, player can see roaming pokemon via icon in map after roaming trigger on.
Hey, thank you. That's a really good suggestion and I'm definitely going to add that in the future :D

Drqiu

Novice
Hello! I used this plugin and it's GREAT! But I seem to be experiencing the problem mentioned by one of the previous users: on area page of the Pokédex, sometimes there is a big black border.(I've changed the UI a little bit, so please don't mind it)

[0001-03-01] 22_40_40.000.png

I'm trying to start a new game, but this happens as well.The default map max coordinates for Pokemon Essentials are (29,19), and I've found that when I'm in a location larger than that (as in the picture, my city coordinates are set to 30,19), this happens. When I am at coordinates not exceeding (29.19), everything is fine.

[0001-03-01] 22_40_30.000.png

Could you please advise if you can resolve this issue? Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Arcky

Hello! I used this plugin and it's GREAT! But I seem to be experiencing the problem mentioned by one of the previous users: on area page of the Pokédex, sometimes there is a big black border.(I've changed the UI a little bit, so please don't mind it)

View attachment 21959

I'm trying to start a new game, but this happens as well.The default map max coordinates for Pokemon Essentials are (29,19), and I've found that when I'm in a location larger than that (as in the picture, my city coordinates are set to 30,19), this happens. When I am at coordinates not exceeding (29.19), everything is fine.

View attachment 21958

Could you please advise if you can resolve this issue? Thank you very much!
That's indeed a very strange issue. I can't immediately tell what could be wrong but could you check if there's no issue with your region map image itself?

Drqiu

Novice
Hi, after a series of tests I think I solved the problem. I modified your script slightly. As shown, the problem I described occurs when the initial values of new_x and new_y are zero. I changed the initial values of new_x and new_y to the coordinates of @sprites["areamap"] and everthing works fine.
QQ截图20231012234620.jpg

I hope this helps! I'd also like to say a big thank you for this script, it's fantastic!

Arcky

Hi, after a series of tests I think I solved the problem. I modified your script slightly. As shown, the problem I described occurs when the initial values of new_x and new_y are zero. I changed the initial values of new_x and new_y to the coordinates of @sprites["areamap"] and everthing works fine. View attachment 21965
I hope this helps! I'd also like to say a big thank you for this script, it's fantastic!
this is only the start value you changed but if that helps than that's good indeed. I'll look into it.

Arcky

Arcky updated Arcky's Region Map with a new update entry:

Bug fixes and improvements

Bug fixes:
  • fixed an issue when the map isn't properly centered based on the player's location (when opening the region map).
  • fixed an issue when the map in the pokedex isn't properly shown when the player's position is higher then 29 (x position) and 19 (y position). Thanks to @Drqiu for the fix :)
Improvements:
  • when previewing a quest, if the map can be moved upward, the arrow pointing up will now be hidden behind...

Read the rest of this update entry...

blooeysnake

Novice
Opening the town map on an indoor map got me this error in v20.1 on the newest ver

Attachments

• error for arcky.PNG
    error for arcky.PNG
    134.7 KB · Views: 73

Arcky

Opening the town map on an indoor map got me this error in v20.1 on the newest ver
Oh crap, this is strange as I tested this on both v20.1 and v21.1. I'll fix this tomorrow. For now avoid opening the region map on indoor maps. Thanks for reporting this issue btw :)

Edit: I just fixed the issue, it should be good now.

Last edited:

Arcky

Arcky updated Arcky's Region Map with a new update entry:

Bug fixes and improvements

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed an issue with the script not using the correct (or expected) unvisited map image. This issue only appears when a location is set on the top left point of a city/town. As you might set a different highlight image for the Location.
New Setting:
To fix the above mentioned issue, I've added a new setting in 001_RegionMap_Settings.rb.
View attachment 22076
The Points set in the pbs for a location like this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Hi, thanks for this script.

So far it is working fine, but when I assign the info ":Map1 => [0, 13, 36]" to the quest data and open the map I get this error.

Ruby:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:15:in `block (2 levels) in getQuestMapPositions'
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:15:in `each'
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:15:in `find'
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:15:in `block in getQuestMapPositions'
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:7:in `each'
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:7:in `getQuestMapPositions'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:77:in `pbStartScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:896:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_RegionMap:365:in `block in pbShowMap'
MessageConfig:596:in `pbFadeOutIn'

I thought it might be because of a conflict with the current game and I started a new one, but the error persists.

I would appreciate any guidance...

Arcky

Hi, thanks for this script.

So far it is working fine, but when I assign the info ":Map1 => [0, 13, 36]" to the quest data and open the map I get this error.

Ruby:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:15:in `block (2 levels) in getQuestMapPositions'
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:15:in `each'
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:15:in `find'
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:15:in `block in getQuestMapPositions'
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:7:in `each'
[Arcky's Region Map] 005_RegionMap_QuestData.rb:7:in `getQuestMapPositions'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:77:in `pbStartScene'
[Arcky's Region Map] 002_RegionMap_Main.rb:896:in `pbStartScreen'
UI_RegionMap:365:in `block in pbShowMap'
MessageConfig:596:in `pbFadeOutIn'

I thought it might be because of a conflict with the current game and I started a new one, but the error persists.

I would appreciate any guidance...
Oh, I forgot to mention this but the quest system is currently disabled for v21.1. So I'm afraid you can't use it at this time.

Arcky

Ahh... Maybe that's the reason why it doesn't work :__)
Ye sorry, the reason why I disabled it is because the quest preview wasn't working properly (animation wise) but I'll definitely try to have this fixed in a future update. Thanks for downloading my plugin :)

Arcky

I just released an update fixing the quest preview, it won't have animation but it still does the job

Back