• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Improved Mementos - Ribbons & Marks [v21.1]

Resource Improved Mementos - Ribbons & Marks [v21.1] v1.0.2

SomebodyRandom

Trainer
I probably read the tutorials section wrong, but how would I give the starter pokemon or a gift pokemon a special mark?

Lucidious89

Champion
I probably read the tutorials section wrong, but how would I give the starter pokemon or a gift pokemon a special mark?
It's no different than how you would give a Pokemon a Ribbon.

mynameisumbreon

Novice
I'm likely just doing something wrong, but is there a way for me to have every wild encounter have a mark? I've tried changing BASE_MARK_GENERATION_RATIO to both 0 and 1 and it doesn't seem to work.

Lucidious89

Champion
I'm likely just doing something wrong, but is there a way for me to have every wild encounter have a mark? I've tried changing BASE_MARK_GENERATION_RATIO to both 0 and 1 and it doesn't seem to work.
Setting the ratio to 1 absolutely works. However, doing so will only allow a Pokemon to ever spawn with the Uncommon, Rare, or random personality marks. All the other marks (weather marks, time marks, Fishing, Curry, and Destiny) will never appear, since one of the other marks will always be guaranteed instead, which have higher priority to appear. And all of these marks share the same "slot" in terms of mark generation, so only one of them can ever spawn.

mynameisumbreon

Novice
Setting the ratio to 1 absolutely works. However, doing so will only allow a Pokemon to ever spawn with the Uncommon, Rare, or random personality marks. All the other marks (weather marks, time marks, Fishing, Curry, and Destiny) will never appear, since one of the other marks will always be guaranteed instead, which have higher priority to appear. And all of these marks share the same "slot" in terms of mark generation, so only one of them can ever spawn.
Then I am clearly doing something wrong. I have redownloaded the plugin, made sure I have both Deluxe Battle Kit and Modular UI installed, changed both MEMENTO_TITLES to 60 (a switch I'm using in my game) and BASE_MARK_GENERATION_RATIO to 1, and still no pokemon will spawn with a mark. I'm not getting any errors, so I'm really not sure what I can look into to try and force a mark to happen.

Lucidious89

Champion
Then I am clearly doing something wrong. I have redownloaded the plugin, made sure I have both Deluxe Battle Kit and Modular UI installed, changed both MEMENTO_TITLES to 60 (a switch I'm using in my game) and BASE_MARK_GENERATION_RATIO to 1, and still no pokemon will spawn with a mark. I'm not getting any errors, so I'm really not sure what I can look into to try and force a mark to happen.
Tested it and it works fine, so idk what to tell you. Idk how youre testing this exactly, but im setting the ratio to 1, then running in wild grass on route 1. While in battle, im checking if the wild Pokemon has a mark by checking its info with the Enhanced Battle UI plugin, and then double checking again by capturing the Pokemon and viewing its Summary.

mynameisumbreon

Novice
Tested it and it works fine, so idk what to tell you. Idk how youre testing this exactly, but im setting the ratio to 1, then running in wild grass on route 1. While in battle, im checking if the wild Pokemon has a mark by checking its info with the Enhanced Battle UI plugin, and then double checking again by capturing the Pokemon and viewing its Summary.
When I encounter a wild pokemon, Enhanced Battle UI shows that the pokemon has a mark but, when I catch it, it doesn't have one. Not sure if that gives you any ideas, but I'm assuming I changed something somewhere and it's removing the mark upon catch. That's the only thing I can think of.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
When I encounter a wild pokemon, Enhanced Battle UI shows that the pokemon has a mark but, when I catch it, it doesn't have one. Not sure if that gives you any ideas, but I'm assuming I changed something somewhere and it's removing the mark upon catch. That's the only thing I can think of.
I think you're just mistaken, tbh. Because there's no way a Pokemon object can have a ribbon/mark in battle but not have it out of battle unless you have a script that is deliberately clearing all of a Pokemon's Ribbon data upon capture. Which is so highly specific that I doubt you would have done this by accident, nor would I think there's a plugin out there that would do this.

My only possible theory is that you have AUTO_SET_TITLES turned off, and you're "checking" if a Pokemon has a Mark by scrolling to the Mementos page in the Summary and thinking that the Pokemon doesn't have a mark because its memento page is empty, rather than opening the Pokemon's list of acquired mementos to check for marks.

Also, this probably isn't related, but I found this thing you mentioned a bit odd:
I have redownloaded the plugin, made sure I have both Deluxe Battle Kit and Modular UI installed, changed both MEMENTO_TITLES to 60 (a switch I'm using in my game) and BASE_MARK_GENERATION_RATIO to 1, and still no pokemon will spawn with a mark.
MEMENTOS_TITLES isn't being used as a switch number. This is for adding memento title names to the MessageTypes module, which have 30 different types of messages in Essentials by default, which is why this is listed as 31. So you only have to renumber this if your game specifically adds more than 30 message types in module MessageTypes. Which is a pretty niche and obscure thing to add, so I doubt you actually have to renumber this.

mynameisumbreon

Novice
I think you're just mistaken, tbh. Because there's no way a Pokemon object can have a ribbon/mark in battle but not have it out of battle unless you have a script that is deliberately clearing all of a Pokemon's Ribbon data upon capture. Which is so highly specific that I doubt you would have done this by accident, nor would I think there's a plugin out there that would do this.

My only possible theory is that you have AUTO_SET_TITLES turned off, and you're "checking" if a Pokemon has a Mark by scrolling to the Mementos page in the Summary and thinking that the Pokemon doesn't have a mark because its memento page is empty, rather than opening the Pokemon's list of acquired mementos to check for marks.

Also, this probably isn't related, but I found this thing you mentioned a bit odd:

MEMENTOS_TITLES isn't being used as a switch number. This is for adding memento title names to the MessageTypes module, which have 30 different types of messages in Essentials by default, which is why this is listed as 31. So you only have to renumber this if your game specifically adds more than 30 message types in module MessageTypes. Which is a pretty niche and obscure thing to add, so I doubt you actually have to renumber this.
While I wish you were right, I have AUTO_SET_TITLES set to true and open the mementos page to look for them, but nothing shows up. I can send some screenshots, but I don't know how much that'd help.

ItachiJirachi4321

Rookie
Exception `ArgumentError' at Section408:393 - wrong number of arguments (given 4, expected 2..3)
Any idea what this means?

Lucidious89

Champion
Back