• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
In-Depth Pokedex Data Page [v21.1]

Resource In-Depth Pokedex Data Page [v21.1] v2.0.1

Lucidious89

Champion
Some minor problem. Some of texts in scripts can't be extracted to be translated so I have to modify scripts.
I'm not surprised. The text displays for this are very messy and complex, so I have to imagine it's not very translation-friendly. I don't really have any experience with how translation is done, though.

komeiji514

Elite Trainer
I'm not surprised. The text displays for this are very messy and complex, so I have to imagine it's not very translation-friendly. I don't really have any experience with how translation is done, though.
You needn't fix that as I can translate directly in scripts.
Edit: seems only texts with _INTL can be extracted and translated.

Last edited:

Baertierchen

Working on Pokémon Unchained and Pokémon Stardust
Hello there, loving the plugin so far!
Is there a way to hide the info on how to evolve Pokémon for evolved Pokémon you've seen? I would be fine if the information is revealed when you already own the evolved form, but right now it's revealed even when you've just seen it.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello there, loving the plugin so far!
Is there a way to hide the info on how to evolve Pokémon for evolved Pokémon you've seen? I would be fine if the information is revealed when you already own the evolved form, but right now it's revealed even when you've just seen it.
I did it that way because it seems pointless to display this information if you already own the species. The idea behind it is that once you see an evolved form, you can look it up in the dex to see how you can actually get that evolution.

Like "oh wow, this trainer has a Raichu, I wonder how I can get my Pikachu to evolve into that?" Then when the battle is over you can just look up Raichu in the dex and see that it evolves via Thunderstone. This way you actually know what you need to do, rather than blindly grinding Pikachu wondering why it isnt evolving.

This is specifically why the evo requirements are only displayed on the evolved form, and not on the base species. Because if Pikachu's data page told you how to evolve it into Raichu, then yeah, I would agree that that's lame and spoils the surprise. But if youre far along enough into the game that youre starting to encounter the evolved form of a Pokemon, it makes more sense that the information to actually obtain that evolution would become available if you haven't already figured it out yet yourself.

Baertierchen

Working on Pokémon Unchained and Pokémon Stardust
I did it that way because it seems pointless to display this information if you already own the species. The idea behind it is that once you see an evolved form, you can look it up in the dex to see how you can actually get that evolution.

Like "oh wow, this trainer has a Raichu, I wonder how I can get my Pikachu to evolve into that?" Then when the battle is over you can just look up Raichu in the dex and see that it evolves via Thunderstone. This way you actually know what you need to do, rather than blindly grinding Pikachu wondering why it isnt evolving.

This is specifically why the evo requirements are only displayed on the evolved form, and not on the base species. Because if Pikachu's data page told you how to evolve it into Raichu, then yeah, I would agree that that's lame and spoils the surprise. But if youre far along enough into the game that youre starting to encounter the evolved form of a Pokemon, it makes more sense that the information to actually obtain that evolution would become available if you haven't already figured it out yet yourself.
I see, my plan was to give away complicated evolution methods by subtle hints from npcs, but then I'll just work around it by not making it possible to encounter certain evolved forms to not spoil the method.

I appreciate the reply and cheers, aside from this minor detail this plugin is exactly what I've been looking for!

I have another question though, it might not be caused by the Data Page plugin, but I noticed regional dexes don't show up ingame anymore, only the 'normal' dex shows up, the menu for all of the different regional dexes only shows up when the national dex is unlocked but even then other dexes are not displayed, even if they are manually unlocked via debug menu. I'm not sure what is causing this or if I'm simply overlooking something, but the problem occured roughly when I installed this plugin alongside the different requirements.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
I see, my plan was to give away complicated evolution methods by subtle hints from npcs, but then I'll just work around it by not making it possible to encounter certain evolved forms to not spoil the method.

I appreciate the reply and cheers, aside from this minor detail this plugin is exactly what I've been looking for!

I have another question though, it might not be caused by the Data Page plugin, but I noticed regional dexes don't show up ingame anymore, only the 'normal' dex shows up, the menu for all of the different regional dexes only shows up when the national dex is unlocked but even then other dexes are not displayed, even if they are manually unlocked via debug menu. I'm not sure what is causing this or if I'm simply overlooking something, but the problem occured roughly when I installed this plugin alongside the different requirements.
Yeah, the plugin doesn't touch any of that, so it wouldn't be related.

Babits

Novice

I think you need a new save for them to show up after you made changes how many dexes you have

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated In-Depth Pokedex Data Page [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v2.0 Update

This plugin has overgone extensive changes that brand new functionality as well as updated graphics and overhauled code.

• UI Polish
    ciup2x8.gif
    The entire UI has been given an additional coat of polish. Opening/closing menus or jumping through pages with the JUMPUP/JUMPDOWN keys now all have their own unique sound effects, and many menus will now display keyboard icons to indicate additional controls for that menu. A buzzer...

Read the rest of this update entry...

4AllNighterGrinder64

4 Sleepless nights to update to Teal Mask Part 1
I gave the update for this plugin a try. The previous version of 1.0.4 worked without issue for me. This was before Eevee Exo existed. But with the latest version, I ran into a System Stack Error that stopped the game from booting. I cleared out previous save data and PluginScripts.rxdata, before using the latest version of Pokedex Data Page. I also tried running my project without the plugin, and my project was able to boot without issue.

This is the error message I got:

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Error in Plugin: [Pokedex Data Page]
Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
[[MUI] Pokedex Data Page] [000] GameData.rb:46:in `initialize'

Last edited:

4AllNighterGrinder64

4 Sleepless nights to update to Teal Mask Part 1
I gave the update for this plugin a try. The previous version of 1.0.4 worked without issue for me. This was before Eevee Exo existed. But with the latest version, I ran into a System Stack Error that stopped the game from booting. I cleared out previous save data and PluginScripts.rxdata, before using the latest version of Pokedex Data Page. I also tried running my project without the plugin, and my project was able to boot without issue.

This is the error message I got:

[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]

Error in Plugin: [Pokedex Data Page]
Exception: SystemStackError

Backtrace:
I made a mistake! I found out that the Plugin folder for the resource was renamed to [MUI_002] Pokedex Data Page. I forgot to get rid of the old Pokedex Data Page folder in the plugins folder. Works fine now.

BlueSea

Rookie
Hello!What an amazing plugin!It may seem awkward, but can I translate it into my native language?Thank you very much! (I am not a native English speaker, so there may be some grammatical errors. I am very sorry.)

Last edited:

superdude001

Rookie
I don't suppose this resource is available for v20.1, perhaps with some slight tweaking? It looks absolutely stunning!

Lucidious89

Champion
I don't suppose this resource is available for v20.1, perhaps with some slight tweaking? It looks absolutely stunning!
You're welcome to try, but I wouldn't support or recommend it. You'd also have to backport Modular UI Scenes, since this plugin depends on that one to work.

Nut0066

Nut
Hello. I have encountered two minor errors with the plugin that is so specific to my own game that I wasn't sure it was worth bringing up but the issue bugs me a lot so I thought I'd ask just incase there was a simple solution to it.

The first:
In short I have a new evolution of burmy that only evolves from one specific form of burmy. But unlike basculegion and new evolutions of regional varients like perrserker the evolution method doesnt show up on the pokemons data page. It also shows that it evolves from plant cloak burmy when this is impossible.

The second:
I have a regional variant of honedge that evolves into another new Pokemon. A completely seperate species from aegislash. Despite this the regional varient evolutionary path is displayed as Doublade => Aegislash. Originally I believed this happened because of aegislash having another form in the games date so I set the honedge/doublade varients to form ,2 in the pbs but this didnt fix it.
#-------------------------------
[HONEDGE,2]
[DOUBLADE,2]

Any help with these issues would be amazing and sorry for posting about something so specific and trivial.

Lucidious89

Champion
Hello. I have encountered two minor errors with the plugin that is so specific to my own game that I wasn't sure it was worth bringing up but the issue bugs me a lot so I thought I'd ask just incase there was a simple solution to it.

The first:
In short I have a new evolution of burmy that only evolves from one specific form of burmy. But unlike basculegion and new evolutions of regional varients like perrserker the evolution method doesnt show up on the pokemons data page. It also shows that it evolves from plant cloak burmy when this is impossible.

The second:
I have a regional variant of honedge that evolves into another new Pokemon. A completely seperate species from aegislash. Despite this the regional varient evolutionary path is displayed as Doublade => Aegislash. Originally I believed this happened because of aegislash having another form in the games date so I set the honedge/doublade varients to form ,2 in the pbs but this didnt fix it.
[HONEDGE,2]
[DOUBLADE,2]

Any help with these issues would be amazing and sorry for posting about something so specific and trivial.

• Issue #1
    This isn't a plugin issue, it's a PBS issue. Spectoth should have the flag DefaultForm_#, where # refers to the form of the Burmy it evolves from. Look at evolutions of all of the regional variants in the PBS for examples of this. If this flag isn't present, the plugin will just always assume the species evolves from the base form of the previous stage. I'm not exactly sure why no evolution text displays, but I'm willing to bet it's also related to this.

• Issue #2
    See Issue #1.

Nut0066

Nut
  • Issue #1
    This isn't a plugin issue, it's a PBS issue. Spectoth should have the flag DefaultForm_#, where # refers to the form of the Burmy it evolves from. Look at evolutions of all of the regional variants in the PBS for examples of this. If this flag isn't present, the plugin will just always assume the species evolves from the base form of the previous stage. I'm not exactly sure why no evolution text displays, but I'm willing to bet it's also related to this.

• Issue #2
    See Issue #1.
such a dumb oversight on my end. thanks anyways!

Nut0066

Nut
So while this fixed the first issue, Siegislash was already flagged with the DefaultForm_# flag in my pbs so the evolution paths problem is still a thing.
such a dumb oversight on my end. thanks anyways!

Lucidious89

Champion
So while this fixed the first issue, Siegislash was already flagged with the DefaultForm_# flag in my pbs so the evolution paths problem is still a thing.
Ah, I know what this probably is.

The plugin really doesn't like regional evolutions that are part of a 3-stage family. It's surprisingly very tricky to differentiate 3-stage families that branch in this way, because Essentials doesn't differentiate forms when gathering evolution data. It only really checks the data for the base form. Thankfully, there are only two 3-stage families in the entirety of the franchise that have regional forms that branch off into different final stages.

Those two families are Zigzagoon (branches off into Linoone or Obstagoon), and Mime Jr. (branches off into Mr. Mime or Mr. Rime).
If you check these species out in the plugin, they also display incorrectly. Mime Jr. never indicates that Mr. Rime is an eligible evolutionary path, and neither does Galarian Linoone with Obstagoon. They both just display as if they only evolve once, since that's how their base forms work.
I never bothered to fix this, because it's such a minor and relatively unnoticeable issue that it didn't seem worth writing lines and lines of code for something so insignificant.

However, I never thought about testing a regional evolution of a 3-stage family where BOTH branches lead to a third stage. Mostly because...well, none exist in the franchise. But it seems like this small issue becomes more of a problem in this scenario, since now instead of simply not displaying data like with Zigzagoon or Mime Jr., it displays the wrong data since it's reading what the third stage is for the base species.

There really is no clean way around this. I can definitely tweak the code to try and account for this, but it won't be perfect and won't be able to catch every possible scenario. But I'll see what can be done.

Just note that for this to even work, base Doublade will need Siegislash listed as an evolution in its PBS data, but the evolution method will have to be entered as None. For an example of this, check out how Meowth's evolution data lists both Persian and Perrserker, even though base Meowth can only evolve into Persian.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated In-Depth Pokedex Data Page [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v2.0.1 Update

• Fixed a bug that would display Undiscovered species as breedable with Ditto while viewing Ditto's data page.
  • Evolution paths will now display correctly for species that have branching regional evolutions.
  • Added a new flag that can be read for displaying the full evolution paths for species that have branching regional evolutions, but share the same base stage (Mime Jr. is the only current example of this).
  • While viewing the family data of a species, any evolved form that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back