• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Elite Battle DX (EBDX) - Unofficial port for Pokémon Essentials 21.1 1.4.7.1

Manurocker95

Predoctoral Researcher & Game Dev
The trainers still gets out of place with the end speech if not displacing the camera using
USE_TRAINER_OUT_OF_PLACE_HOTFIX variable in config (which prevents to see the viewport BG outside the battle background)
. If anyone tweaks it and send me the values I will update it. In addition, if anyone finds the original docs, I will bundle them in the repository.

In addition, I modified the utilities to avoid the SafeExists? warning so you can grab it from the repo if you want.

Manurocker95

are you gonna add gen 6,7,8 and 9 ?
Mechanics are updated up to mega evolutions, so that covers gen 6. For the rest… no, this is just a port. If you need them, you will need something like ZUD or PBK

Juno and Ice

Rookie
The trainers still gets out of place with the end speech if not displacing the camera using
USE_TRAINER_OUT_OF_PLACE_HOTFIX variable in config (which prevents to see the viewport BG outside the battle background)
. If anyone tweaks it and send me the values I will update it. In addition, if anyone finds the original docs, I will bundle them in the repository.

In addition, I modified the utilities to avoid the SafeExists? warning so you can grab it from the repo if you want.
JK1OuET.png

Not sure if this helps at all, but it seems like the camera fixes itself after resetting the game once (F12) with USE_TRAINER_OUT_OF_PLACE_HOTFIX set to false.

On first boot, however, it seems to overshoot into the BG like you say.

Zephyrias

Novice
I'm trying to add more plugins aside from the two included in the preinstalled EBDX project, but no matter how many times I hot CTrL, the rest of the game data won't compile. Any suggestions?

Manurocker95

I'm trying to add more plugins aside from the two included in the preinstalled EBDX project, but no matter how many times I hot CTrL, the rest of the game data won't compile. Any suggestions?
If they are in Plugins with their folders and meta.txt + scripts inside, they should be working.

trainered

Novice
Love this resource and so glad its getting updates! I need some help though, I'm using animated trainer sprites and during the opening of a battle they move very slow & are small

Manurocker95

Love this resource and so glad its getting updates! I need some help though, I'm using animated trainer sprites and during the opening of a battle they move very slow & are small

Regarding the size, in Config you have a variable called
TRAINER_SPRITE_SCALE = 1, set it to 2...

8XAoVOT.gif

Manurocker95

Manurocker95 updated Elite Battle DX (EBDX) - Unofficial port for Pokémon Essentials 21.1 with a new update entry:

Added support for localization

Some texts were using "real_name" instead of "name", which leads into non using the INTL localization for those. In addition, now you can use the images that contains texts per language by adding _languageID to the name, so for example, if in SETTINGS language array you set it like ["Español","spanish"], you can add a "types_spanish.png" image to Graphics\EBDX\Pictures\UI\ to have a translated image.

Read the rest of this update entry...

trainered

Novice
It was using Delta Time, I set it to false and it slighty fixed the issue. The trainer animations arent as slow, but still a bit laggy

Last edited:

xbatman0903x

Novice
hey umm, is it normal for the encounter music to be slightly off when encountering a Pokémon, sometimes it doesn't play at all.

Ghasty_001

Rookie
Hello. So, I'm sorry to bother but I'm having an odd problem and feels like I'm the only one in the entire world who got this.

Basically, some of the animated sprites I'm implementing in my game in the game happen to be "blurry", he odd thing is that some of them do and some of them no.
I thought it was because I'm not using the class DynamicPokemonSprite in my own scripts (only PokemonSprite), but apparently it also works like this in battle, and the scene uses DynamicPokemonSprites so it's not even that. And I thought the sprites were just too big/too small (like, someof them don't fit the 96x96 pattern), but I tried fitting them into 96x96 and they still look blurry.

I'm probably missing something, but idk what it could be. it may be the pokemon_metrics, but I defined them for all the mons I implemented so idk if there's a missing important field I'm missing out

Manurocker95

Hello. So, I'm sorry to bother but I'm having an odd problem and feels like I'm the only one in the entire world who got this.

Basically, some of the animated sprites I'm implementing in my game in the game happen to be "blurry", he odd thing is that some of them do and some of them no.
I thought it was because I'm not using the class DynamicPokemonSprite in my own scripts (only PokemonSprite), but apparently it also works like this in battle, and the scene uses DynamicPokemonSprites so it's not even that. And I thought the sprites were just too big/too small (like, someof them don't fit the 96x96 pattern), but I tried fitting them into 96x96 and they still look blurry.

I'm probably missing something, but idk what it could be. it may be the pokemon_metrics, but I defined them for all the mons I implemented so idk if there's a missing important field I'm missing out

Hm, weird, do you have any example? Do every sprite look like that? even default ones?

Back