• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Elite Battle DX (EBDX) - Unofficial port for Pokémon Essentials 21.1 1.4.7.1

Fossilized_Nerd

Novice
Regarding regular intros, they were working already but dunno why 1/60 returns 0 instead of 0.01. I clamped the values and now they work as expected. I added a constant to skip EBDX intros completely so you can use default essentials battle intros (they are slightly different) instead of EBDX ones :)
Your latest did fix the intros! Tackle (as example) still doesn't pan the Pokemon offscreen properly but I have to imagine that's in your next push.

Also - just a general documentation question - any chance of the plugin being available without the entirety of EBDX? Github doesn't exactly make it easy to download folders from within a repository 😅

Great work on the port as always

Manurocker95

Predoctoral Researcher & Game Dev
Your latest did fix the intros! Tackle (as example) still doesn't pan the Pokemon offscreen properly but I have to imagine that's in your next push.

Also - just a general documentation question - any chance of the plugin being available without the entirety of EBDX? Github doesn't exactly make it easy to download folders from within a repository 😅

Great work on the port as always
I will check the animations (it should be something small to tweak). Regarding the download, my recommendation is to clone the whole repo (as it is where I make the tests) and just pull the changes instead of download the whole zip every time. Then you just take the ebdx folder from plugins and that’s it. I might migrate it for having that folder as submodule at some point tho.

NikDie

Elite Trainer
I've given this a quick test - so far, the delta timing works like a charm! It's nice to see the moves animated at normal speeds again.

Note that upon immediate use, some move animations fail to have Pokémon move along with the camera; I tried using Tackle against a Bulbasaur, for instance, and the camera/scene moved to the right but the user (a Bewear, not that that should matter?) did not move; it just popped out of view instantly once the camera focused on Bulbasaur as it was being hit.

Battle intros from the original game are also outright not working correctly, but that might have been intentional on your end as you got the EBDX ones working.
There is no EBDX issue, the Tackle move animation is not meant to move the user. Take Down for example moves the user, you can copy parts of the Take Down animation to the Tackle animation to get this. Or you can just map the Take Down move animation to the move Tackle (but that will look a bit like a overkill for a small move like Tackle)

xbatman0903x

Rookie
ummm just want to let you know, when you beat a trainer it pans too far off screen to the point i can see a part of a blue background. is this a problem on my end or is it just a bug?

Manurocker95

ummm just want to let you know, when you beat a trainer it pans too far off screen to the point i can see a part of a blue background. is this a problem on my end or is it just a bug?
in config.rb you have a
USE_TRAINER_OUT_OF_PLACE_HOTFIX variable. setting it to true disables the panning.

Fossilized_Nerd

Novice
There is no EBDX issue, the Tackle move animation is not meant to move the user. Take Down for example moves the user, you can copy parts of the Take Down animation to the Tackle animation to get this. Or you can just map the Take Down move animation to the move Tackle (but that will look a bit like a overkill for a small move like Tackle)
Sorry - let me clarify. I'm not expecting the attacker to move towards Bulbasaur, I'm expecting the attacker to be panned off-screen because the camera is focusing on the Bulbasaur that's taking the hit. Instead, the camera zooms in on Bulbasaur, the attacking Bewear is STILL on-screen because it slid WITH the camera, and then it blinks out of existence and returns to its position off-screen when Bulbasaur gets hit.

NikDie

Elite Trainer
Sorry - let me clarify. I'm not expecting the attacker to move towards Bulbasaur, I'm expecting the attacker to be panned off-screen because the camera is focusing on the Bulbasaur that's taking the hit. Instead, the camera zooms in on Bulbasaur, the attacking Bewear is STILL on-screen because it slid WITH the camera, and then it blinks out of existence and returns to its position off-screen when Bulbasaur gets hit.
Maybe then the issue really is with the user, so Bewear.
There is a pokmeon.txt file in the PBS/EBDX folder which lists metrics for the pokemon sprites like "BattlerPlayerX" and so on.
They are filled up to Kyurem.
So Bewear has a 0 for every parameter. Maybe you try to alter that and you might get different results.
I used EBDX for quite a while now and never got the problem you mentioned, but I only use pokemon up to gen 4, so maybe thats why I havent encountered the issue and you do.

Manurocker95

I will take a look at it, should be something related to the camera (probably).

Edit: Using the frame system in Scene Camera fixes the issue. Tbh, no idea why as it should wait the same amount of time just changing time for frames but it does. In the mean time I added an extra variable with a temp hot fix.

Last edited:

Manurocker95

Manurocker95 updated Elite Battle DX (EBDX) - Unofficial port for Pokémon Essentials 21.1 with a new update entry:

Fixed deep search for animated sprites

When the pokemon had a female form and the sprite was not found in EBDX > Front > female, the static sprite was used instead. Now it can use the regular sprite (activating a variable in config) or search for the static female sprite before using animated male sprite. Hatching egg sprite path was not correctly setup. Now the hatching scene shows up correctly. The camera in some attacks was not performing correctly. A temp hot fix was applied for that in the meantime.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Manurocker95

Can you try the last commit and check if it works now for you :)

Manurocker95

Fixed debug advance wild battles (Debug > Battle > double battles) where the pokemon are sent as pokemon instances

Manurocker95

Its not really important but feel free to add some rating here if you like the port :)

Back