• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Elite Battle DX (EBDX) - Unofficial port for Pokémon Essentials 21.1 1.4.7.1

Paradox

Novice
i know that currently ebdx essentials 21.1 doesn't work with ZUD plugin but could it change in future updates or that's not possible

Manurocker95

Predoctoral Researcher & Game Dev
Changed from frame based waits to delta time (new method) and fixed the times in hatching and evolution scene due to waiting 16 seconds instead of 16/frames. Added as well a configuration to keep the frame-based waits using @sceoflash13's hotfix (added him to meta.txt as well). ;)

Manurocker95

Manurocker95

Remember that you only need the EBDX folder in plugins to update. Make a back up of everything you changed just in case before you update.

xbatman0903x

Rookie
hey I think the link to luka-sj.com is broken because its not letting me into the website. just letting you know.

Manurocker95

hey I think the link to luka-sj.com is broken because its not letting me into the website. just letting you know.

I mirrored original resources in drive and added them to the post. If he ever release them again, I will change the instructions.

Fossilized_Nerd

Novice
I've given this a quick test - so far, the delta timing works like a charm! It's nice to see the moves animated at normal speeds again.

Note that upon immediate use, some move animations fail to have Pokémon move along with the camera; I tried using Tackle against a Bulbasaur, for instance, and the camera/scene moved to the right but the user (a Bewear, not that that should matter?) did not move; it just popped out of view instantly once the camera focused on Bulbasaur as it was being hit.

Battle intros from the original game are also outright not working correctly, but that might have been intentional on your end as you got the EBDX ones working.

Manurocker95

I've given this a quick test - so far, the delta timing works like a charm! It's nice to see the moves animated at normal speeds again.

Note that upon immediate use, some move animations fail to have Pokémon move along with the camera; I tried using Tackle against a Bulbasaur, for instance, and the camera/scene moved to the right but the user (a Bewear, not that that should matter?) did not move; it just popped out of view instantly once the camera focused on Bulbasaur as it was being hit.

Battle intros from the original game are also outright not working correctly, but that might have been intentional on your end as you got the EBDX ones working.
Can you try disabling the delta time in config and see if there are changes. I will take a look at it :)

trainered

Novice
When I use the animated trainer sprites they lag and move slowly and they're also very small xD Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:

xbatman0903x

Rookie
thxs also is there any guides on how trainer intros works because EBDX was made for 1.19 when poke essentials used numbered ids and not names, so how does it work now? may also be a good idea to add some examples for scripts in the based essentials maps somewhere so other people won't be too lost.

Last edited:

Fossilized_Nerd

Novice
Can you try disabling the delta time in config and see if there are changes. I will take a look at it :)
Just gave it a shot and it did not change, interestingly.

I also got a rather entertaining bug where some (not all) wild Pokémon did not prioritize the animated sprite and ended up as this giant, floating static sprite in a different position from where animated ones would spawn in. Wasn't able to recreate it, unfortunately, but it might happen again later. If it does I'll grab a screenshot for you!

Fossilized_Nerd

Novice
Lmao spoke too soon, here we are- got a GIF
Axew here has appeared normally in many battles, this happens at random

w25dog%2Fpreview%2F57885017%2Fmain_large.gif

Manurocker95

Just gave it a shot and it did not change, interestingly.

I also got a rather entertaining bug where some (not all) wild Pokémon did not prioritize the animated sprite and ended up as this giant, floating static sprite in a different position from where animated ones would spawn in. Wasn't able to recreate it, unfortunately, but it might happen again later. If it does I'll grab a screenshot for you!
obviously the "big" sprites and position depends on the sprites themselves so if you use static sprites they should be located inside the image and size of the animated but with one frame instead of multiple frames. Regarding why it doesn't properly resolve the bitmap in EBDX folder, I would have to take a look more in depth because it always checks in EBDX folder before checking the regular path.

Manurocker95

Regarding regular intros, they were working already but dunno why 1/60 returns 0 instead of 0.01. I clamped the values and now they work as expected. I added a constant to skip EBDX intros completely so you can use default essentials battle intros (they are slightly different) instead of EBDX ones :)

Last edited:

xbatman0903x

Rookie
is there a list of defined BattleVS, BattleIntro ect i can look at so i know what i can use?
in general i may need a list of command, scripts and how to use more than the intros since the original website is gone.

Last edited:

Manurocker95

is there a list of defined BattleVS, BattleIntro ect i can look at so i know what i can use?
in general i may need a list of command, scripts and how to use more than the intros since the original website is gone.
Everything was in the original documentation and I don't have a backup, so you would need to check the code. If anyone sends me a backup of the original documentation I will bundle it in the repository.

Back