• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Modular UI Scenes [v21.1]

Resource Modular UI Scenes [v21.1] v2.0.4

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 submitted a new resource:

Modular Summary Scene [v21] - Makes the Summary UI modular, enabling you to easily add, remove, and/or reorder pages.

Modular Summary Scene for v21
Makes the Summary UI modular, enabling you to easily add, remove, and/or reorder the pages in the Summary screen.
giphy.gif
SAz4QPl.gif

Overview
Have you ever wanted...

Read more about this resource...

Jangajinx

An Overly Ambitious Developer
Amazing work! A nice surprise today! Definitely on my install list when I get to update to V21. A huge fan of making things modular! Much love for your work! Would this be compatible with the BW summery page?

Lucidious89

Champion
Amazing work! A nice surprise today! Definitely on my install list when I get to update to V21. A huge fan of making things modular! Much love for your work! Would this be compatible with the BW summery page?
Any plugin that affects the Summary would have to be adapted to rely on this plugin instead. I'm hoping other plugin devs will take notice and utilize this to increase compatibility across several plugins in the community. Basically, this plugin is only useful if it becomes widely used enough that it becomes standard. I don't really have any control over that, but we'll see how much people take a liking to it.

LinKazamine

Champion
Oh, neat! Getting rid of the ribbon's screen is even easier now (although I haven't attempted it so not sure if it was easy). And other plugins that edited existing pages of the summary to allow for their functionality to be displayed can now simply make their own page. Certainly far cleaner.

Lucidious89

Champion
Oh, neat! Getting rid of the ribbon's screen is even easier now (although I haven't attempted it so not sure if it was easy). And other plugins that edited existing pages of the summary to allow for their functionality to be displayed can now simply make their own page. Certainly far cleaner.
Yup, super easy. Just remove the ribbon page handler, and edit your display settings to your liking.

Previously, if you wanted to do this in vanilla Essentials, you would have to remove all lines that called page 5, edit the controls to account for the missing page, and manually edit the graphics for each page by hand. It wasn't necessarily difficult, but it was certainly tedious and you needed to have some idea what you were doing. Not to mention that you would have to repeat these changes every time you installed a plugin that added new pages to the Summary, or overhauled the UI.

LinKazamine

Champion
Yeah, I figured that much. So, I think people would use this as the base for any script related to the summary screen. It may be easier to just add a page to it than to edit the whole summary screen to fit what you want to add. It may even make it easy for people with not many skills in coding to add a page that shows the iv/ev, or other small alterations to the already existing pages.

Jangajinx

Any plugin that affects the Summary would have to be adapted to rely on this plugin instead. I'm hoping other plugin devs will take notice and utilize this to increase compatibility across several plugins in the community. Basically, this plugin is only useful if it becomes widely used enough that it becomes standard. I don't really have any control over that, but we'll see how much people take a liking to it.
No worries my friend! I personally believe this really allow great protentional to add things easier like a summery page for EV allocating or maybe a page to comparing Pokémon stats in party. Even display the type advantages of that Pokémon. The possibility is nearly limitless.

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
Something I want to do with this plugin is make it so you can have an expanded view of a move. Longer description box, available flags that move has, effect chance... Stuff like that.

I just need to study how to actually do that, haha. Admitedly though, I'm wondering if this plugin is necessary for this. Well, if I want to put it on a separate page, it would be...

Lucidious89

Champion
Something I want to do with this plugin is make it so you can have an expanded view of a move. Longer description box, available flags that move has, effect chance... Stuff like that.

I just need to study how to actually do that, haha. Admitedly though, I'm wondering if this plugin is necessary for this. Well, if I want to put it on a separate page, it would be...
Not strictly necessary, but it would make things more tidy since you wouldnt need to overwrite any existing code to accomplish this.

It would also make it simpler to release as a plugin for others to use, if that's something you want to do.

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
That's the big reason why I wanted to use this plugin for this end- giving the other developers a way to put this in their own games, because fitting descriptions into those small spaces is very frustrating.

JtheDuelist

Novice
I was hoping to use this and LinKazamine's EV/IV one that needs this one for my project, but my project is too far in to go from 20.1 to 21... Guess I am out of luck for EV and IV display for 20.1 that is compatible with the Enhanced Mementos plugin.

LinKazamine

Champion
I was hoping to use this and LinKazamine's EV/IV one that needs this one for my project, but my project is too far in to go from 20.1 to 21... Guess I am out of luck for EV and IV display for 20.1 that is compatible with the Enhanced Mementos plugin.
It's possible if you don't mind the stats, IV and EV being a bit squashed on the same page. The plugin you mention was made following a similar way that I made it in my project in 20.1, just making use of the ability to simply add pages to give each their page. I guess I could test if I could make what I did to display IV and EV in the stats page into a plugin and share it if you don't want to try it on your own.

JtheDuelist

Novice
It's possible if you don't mind the stats, IV and EV being a bit squashed on the same page. The plugin you mention was made following a similar way that I made it in my project in 20.1, just making use of the ability to simply add pages to give each their page. I guess I could test if I could make what I did to display IV and EV in the stats page into a plugin and share it if you don't want to try it on your own.
Yeah, that would be helpful since I am extremely coding illiterate, and the only other EV/IV plugin I could find replaces the Ribbons, making it a no go since I am using the Enhanced Mementos plugin.

Lucidious89

Champion
Lucidious89 updated Modular UI Scenes [v21.1] with a new update entry:

v2.0.0 Update

IMPORTANT
This is a huge update that renames the entire plugin due to its expanded functionality. If you're updating this plugin from a previous version, make sure to delete the old version from your Plugins folder first, before installing this update. Don't just replace the previous version. Many of the files in this plugin have been renamed, so they won't just automatically replace the old files.

• Revamped this project so that it is now built...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jangajinx

Not sure why. It seems after installing this after the latest version of the plugin. I get this odd bug in the pokedex. There is no error that is produced so all I have is the my plugin list. If there is anything else you need to figure out this error let me know.

1693520336834.png

1693520369227.png

Edit: It seems after removing the pokedex part of the plugin. It fixed the missing sprite issue. I hope this info helps pinpoint the problem.

Last edited:

Lucidious89

Champion
Not sure why. It seems after installing this after the latest version of the plugin. I get this odd bug in the pokedex. There is no error that is produced so all I have is the my plugin list. If there is anything else you need to figure out this error let me know.

View attachment 20721

View attachment 20722

Edit: It seems after removing the pokedex part of the plugin. It fixed the missing sprite issue. I hope this info helps pinpoint the problem.
The Gen 8 Pack edits the Pokedex, as far as im aware. Nothing that edits the Pokedex will be compatible with this unless they adopt this plugin's features and build around it (which is what im hoping people start doing).

Jangajinx

The Gen 8 Pack edits the Pokedex, as far as im aware. Nothing that edits the Pokedex will be compatible with this unless they adopt this plugin's features and build around it (which is what im hoping people start doing).
Ah! Right! I forgot about that. I agree. I do hope people do adapt to your plugin as it has a lot of potential and opens a new door for possibilities. Thanks for replying. I hope you are enjoying your break.

Lucidious89

Champion
Ah! Right! I forgot about that. I agree. I do hope people do adapt to your plugin as it has a lot of potential and opens a new door for possibilities. Thanks for replying. I hope you are enjoying your break.
Well, for now you can probably try making this plugin load after Gen 8 by listing Gen 8 as an optional dependency. Idk what effect thatll have, but I dont think the stuff the Gen 8 pack adds to the dex is particularly important, so maybe overwriting it wont be a big deal?

Jangajinx

No luck, I think it is due to the EBDX Wrapper scaling the Pokémon sprites. This is just my educated guess.

Lucidious89

Champion
No luck, I think it is due to the EBDX Wrapper scaling the Pokémon sprites. This is just my educated guess.
Ok well I got around to just installing it myself to check, and that's not it. It's literally just the footprint script. Delete that, and everything works fine.
As for the shiny icons, that's more of an internal Essentials bug. Vanilla Essentials sets the default shininess value for icons to 0 instead of false, so this counts as "true" when refreshing the sprites. Essentials doesn't inherently come with shiny icons, so this is never a problem under normal circumstances.

EDIT: I alerted Maruno about the shiny bug. However, if you want to fix it permanently in your own game instead of waiting for it to be inevitably added to the v21.1 Hotfixes, all you have to do is initialize @shiny = false instead of 0 in class PokemonSpeciesIconSprite < Sprite.

If you want to fix the Gen 8 Pack bug, just add Optional = Generation 8 Pack Scripts,1.0 to the Modular UI Scenes meta.txt file.

Last edited:
Back