• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
FRLG Battle UI

Resource FRLG Battle UI v2.2

Shonga

Novice
This plugin works just fine with both v21 hot fixes and FRLG Summary Screen plugins. I would suggest you re-downloading this plugin and check if the issue persists.
Hmm I'm still running into the issue, even with a fresh install of the plugin and a fresh install of Pokemon Essentials I have absolutely no idea what could even be leading to this issue.
image_2023-08-13_011233023.png

LinKazamine

Champion
Well, have you tried taking out the hotfix? It's for Essentials v21, not v21.1. The latest version of the vanilla essentials should have all the fixes in the hotfixes.

Secondly, it could be that v21.1 made a change that caused incompatibility with this plugin. It could also be that the hotfix is the one actually causing the error but this plugin appears in the error log because is the last thing the game went through before the error (but not necessarily the cause).

Shonga

Novice
Yeah I was using v21 at first still ran into the issue so I did some more testing, seems it has a problem with starter mons or moves like tackle or growl still testing rn. I used the celebi that given to you as a tester mon and I didn't have the issue, but when I grabbed a starter bulbasaur or charmander I ran into the issue
Well, have you tried taking out the hotfix? It's for Essentials v21, not v21.1. The latest version of the vanilla essentials should have all the fixes in the hotfixes.

Secondly, it could be that v21.1 made a change that caused incompatibility with this plugin. It could also be that the hotfix is the one actually causing the error but this plugin appears in the error log because is the last thing the game went through before the error (but not necessarily the cause).

Shonga

Novice
Okay so the issue isn't the starter moves, but the fact that they're a starter Pokemon? I tried with bulbasaur at all different levels, I removed all of its starting moves one by one and it still would pop up with the issue. I'm not sure what the problem is because I'm having no problems with celebi

LinKazamine

Champion
Mmm... seeing that the problem seems to be a name, have you checked the pokemon PBS? Maybe there's some error in the way the starters' name line is? Like a typo or something. If it's not the cause, I don't know what the error is. It's all I can think of related to a name.

Shonga

Novice
Mmm... seeing that the problem seems to be a name, have you checked the pokemon PBS? Maybe there's some error in the way the starters' name line is? Like a typo or something. If it's not the cause, I don't know what the error is. It's all I can think of related to a name.
me too, however if the name was wrong then wouldn't the Pokemon not appear at all? I'll continue some testing to see if the name is the issue

Shonga

Novice
This is so weird, the issue only arises when the Pokemon is given through what appears to be in the starter format. I gave myself a bubasaur and had it at level 100, choosing a move worked fine, however when I got a bulbasaur from the starter event in base essentials, the error appeared

Shonga

Novice
Okay sweet so I've managed to narrow down the issue to the fact that if the Pokemon does not have a full moveset, the game will not allow you to choose any attacking moves. I have no clue why this causes the issue, but I have finally narrowed it down to this. I have done multiple tests with different pokemon and moves and it seems that if the Pokemon you are using does not have a full moveset, the plugin will not be able to do what it needs to in the battle_scene_menus script at section 200. Sadly I am not a coder and thus I do not know the solution, but that is the bug.

Shashu-Greninja

Greninja forever!
Okay sweet so I've managed to narrow down the issue to the fact that if the Pokemon does not have a full moveset, the game will not allow you to choose any attacking moves. I have no clue why this causes the issue, but I have finally narrowed it down to this. I have done multiple tests with different pokemon and moves and it seems that if the Pokemon you are using does not have a full moveset, the plugin will not be able to do what it needs to in the battle_scene_menus script at section 200. Sadly I am not a coder and thus I do not know the solution, but that is the bug.
Well I guess I understand what is causing the error, I will be looking into the matter after some time.

Lunar Littens

Rookie
iam using a All DBK Plugin Except Wonder Launcher When I press Fight it Pull out That Error As Soon i Used Debug to Fill My Bag

Pokémon Essentials v21.1
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]
Exception: NoMethodError
Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:98:in `refreshSpecialActionButton' [[DBK] Terastallization] [010] Battle_Scene.rb:49:in `teraType='
[[DBK] Terastallization] [010] Battle_Scene.rb:22:in `pbSetSpecialActionModes' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:216:in `pbFightMenu' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:295:in `pbFightMenu' Battle_CommandPhase:230:in `block (2 levels) in pbCommandPhaseLoop' Battle CommandPhase:221:in `loop'
Battle_CommandPhase:221:in `block in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
Battle CommandPhase:203:in `loop'
Battle_CommandPhase:203:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'
This exception was logged in
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Pokemon Golden Fox Version errorlog.txt. Hold Ctrl when closing this message to copy it to the clipboard.

Lucidious89

Champion
iam using a All DBK Plugin Except Wonder Launcher When I press Fight it Pull out That Error As Soon i Used Debug to Fill My Bag

Pokémon Essentials v21.1
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.9]
Exception: NoMethodError
Backtrace:
[Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:98:in `refreshSpecialActionButton' [[DBK] Terastallization] [010] Battle_Scene.rb:49:in `teraType='
[[DBK] Terastallization] [010] Battle_Scene.rb:22:in `pbSetSpecialActionModes' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:216:in `pbFightMenu' [Deluxe Battle Kit] [003] Command Menu Refactor.rb:295:in `pbFightMenu' Battle_CommandPhase:230:in `block (2 levels) in pbCommandPhaseLoop' Battle CommandPhase:221:in `loop'
Battle_CommandPhase:221:in `block in pbCommandPhaseLoop'
Battle CommandPhase:203:in `loop'
Battle_CommandPhase:203:in `pbCommandPhaseLoop'
This exception was logged in
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Pokemon Golden Fox Version errorlog.txt. Hold Ctrl when closing this message to copy it to the clipboard.
Unrelated to your issue, but it appears you have two instances of the Hotfixes installed for some reason. So I would fix that first to eliminate any future possible errors that might cause.

Lunar Littens

Rookie
Unrelated to your issue, but it appears you have two instances of the Hotfixes installed for some reason. So I would fix that first to eliminate any future possible errors that might cause.
Thats a Bug From The Pokemon Essentials V21 Itself iam Afraid Its Was Fresh Install And i Install All The Plugin Perfectly Fine Idk How is That Possible But it Did (But When iam Only Installing The Port V21 Following Pokemon EX Thats When it Asking The Hotfixes Plugin to Be Install)

Update:Aleardy Fix The Two Hotfixes Issue

But Still The Same Error Persist

Update V2: I Found The Issue it Might Help You Backtrace Whats The Problem
I found The Bug From The Teralizations Plugin When i Turn Off That Through Debug Menu Off Essentials Deluxe its Run Fine But When i Turn it On it Appear Again

Last edited:
Back